ROHR: March Friendlies crucial to new invitees...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR: March Friendlies crucial to new invitees...

Post by Enugu II »

Clearly, this indicates that after the March friendlies, Rohr is unlikely to invite any new faces, except in very unusual circumstance. This clearly shows that his focus is on team building and not merely to stuff the team with every new player who happens to be in-form. The window for such players close after the March friendlies and I believe this is the right decision.
Last Chance Saloon For New Players To Impress Me Is Serbia, Poland Friendly – Rohr
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/02/23/la ... ndly-rohr/
February 23, 2018011

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has suggested that new players ‎hoping to break into his team ahead of the World Cup in Russia later in the year have two games to prove themselves.

The Super Eagles of Nigeria will take on Serbia and Poland in two pre World Cup friendly as part of their preparations for the global event, and a list of players for the March games will most likely be made official at the end of this month.

So many new players have been mooted to be in the list prepared by the Franco-German coach of the Nigerian team, and the statements of the coach has further giving credence to the talks about new players in the team.

According to Rohr. The next window for friendly games after the upcoming round of games in March will be in May, which to him is close to the World Cup and it won’t be appropriate to try new players.

“The games against Poland and Serbia is a big chance for the new players to show they have what it takes to play for us. As you know the next game will be in May so now is time for everyone who want to go to Russia to prove their quality”, the coach said at an interaction with sports journalists in Lagos.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR: March Friendlies crucial to new invitees...

Post by waka-man »

The level of fuse that Owngoal’s journalists blow is incredible. Even when they are “quoting” someone. This stuff is not only fiction, it’s badly written fiction.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

waka-man wrote:The level of fuse that Owngoal’s journalists blow is incredible. Even when they are “quoting” someone. This stuff is not only fiction, it’s badly written fiction.
In Nigeria, Govs, the Pres, ministers all send out touts to an event and the words of the tout is quote and credited to the sender. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The perception of 'owngoal' and its articles in my mind is becoming very poor or very meaningless, so these days, I take whatever Owngoal says with a little doubt; at least. In this case, the doubt applies
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.