Super Eagles goalkeeper trainer trains Uzoho in Spain

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles goalkeeper trainer trains Uzoho in Spain

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:
doctorollie wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfn7D12Btfs/?r=wa1

There you go! Your No. 1 in Russia 2018

Rohr already said this in his interview posted a few days ago. I think our 4 goalkeepers will remain in this order:

1. Ezenwa
2. Akpeyi
3. Uzoho
4. Alampasu /Ajiboye. I think it will be Alampasi for his height.

My hunch is that Uzoho has the chance to be named No.1. If he does well in the March friendlies (He surely will start one of those games) he will be the clear front runner. He has the ultimate physique for a goalkeeper.

Right now, I do not believe any of the three (Akpeyi, Ezenwa, or Uzoho) is the starter going by their last performances with the SE top team. That will change after the March friendlies. What Rohr is doing is presenting Uzoho with what he lacks in not playing competitive games. That is what this special training will assist in doing. The other two (except for the recent injury to Ezenwa) are playing competitive games.
I also look at the team chemistry, and based on the games we have played I think the rest of the team appear more comfortable with Ezenwa. Uzoho will have to really impress to start over Ezenwa.
Was that the same eye you used to look at that horrid shoe-lace parttime footballer lump that you praised for years? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:

Rohr already said this in his interview posted a few days ago. I think our 4 goalkeepers will remain in this order:

1. Ezenwa
2. Akpeyi
3. Uzoho

My hunch is that Uzoho has the chance to be named No.1. If he does well in the March friendlies (He surely will start one of those games) he will be the clear front runner. He has the ultimate physique for a goalkeeper.

Right now, I do not believe any of the three (Akpeyi, Ezenwa, or Uzoho) is the starter going by their last performances with the SE top team. That will change after the March friendlies. What Rohr is doing is presenting Uzoho with what he lacks in not playing competitive games. That is what this special training will assist in doing. The other two (except for the recent injury to Ezenwa) are playing competitive games.
Not sure about your definition of competitive football here. Uzoho is playing regularly in the third division and his team are competing for promotion into the Spanish 2nd div. No offense but I don't think that's any less competitive than the Nigerian or South African league.

My theory is that Rohr sees a lot of potential in Uzoho and he's been prepared to be our starter at the world cup.
Last edited by niyi on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I am not going to say anything until after the WC,but i am keeping a list.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

oloye wrote:I am not going to say anything until after the WC,but i am keeping a list.
List of noisemakers?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

I think Uzoho is rough around the edges but you look at how long Ezenwa and Akpeyi have been playing and you realize that they won't get better if they don't know certain things by now. According to reports from Coruna, Francis supposedly learns in a week what other keepers learn in a month. He is still teachable, he is tall and plays regularly. It's not ideal but he's the best we have now.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:I am not going to say anything until after the WC,but i am keeping a list.
That's a wussy approach, because then you can just claim the outcome to be what you thought even if it's not. Any 2 year old can take that approach!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
1naija wrote:

1. Ezenwa
2. Akpeyi
3. Uzoho
So Rohr is sending a trainer to his 3rd choice goalie so he can be ready for the bench. When was the last time you saw a wc team play it’s 3rd goalie at the wc?
The trainer has already worked extensively with Ezenwa and Akepyi. The only message this sends is that Rohr is seriously considering including Uzoho in the team for Russia.
Unless the young man is injured or he performs badly during the friendly matches, he WILL BE IN THE PLANE to Russia - that is my take/believe
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Chief Oloye, a list of what - please?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
That's a wussy approach, because then you can just claim the outcome to be what you thought even if it's not. Any 2 year old can take that approach!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Na wa-oo, 1Naija!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:

This alone is proof - if there was ever any doubt - that we have a serious goalkeeping crisis on our hands.
Nuff said.

Awwww I see fear is setting in! Fear that your client, Enyeama, has been thrown in the dustbin where he belongs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You now, danfo driver... we can assume you are an intelligent man.
But you continue to cast doubt on that assumption when the only deduction you can ever possibly make about a contrary point of view is that the argument is being made for personal gain ie money.

Maybe it is becos you are a Nigerian, but at some point you have to learn the skill of deductive reasoning and realise that not everything in the world has to boil down to 'agents' and monetary motives. :D
This is really hurting you! Go and return his money! :rotf: :rotf:
Yup. I hate coming across wasted cranial spaces!
Its painful! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Uzoho tends to concede cheap goals but can claw the ball from the air at a good height. Needs to be tested in the friendlies then we know what he is truly made of. From the second have cameo against Argentina I felt there was chemistry and the defenders would definitely feel more comfortable with him in goal.
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

For now, I think Ezenwa has done enough to earn the number 1 spot. Uzoho can be groomed or trained to be number 3 after Akpeyi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
Oloye already stated his position. And thats why he is keeping the list.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Guys I'm sorry to derail the thread, I just watched Ebuehi in action in thier league game against Ajax, and he was really outstanding, made the most interceptions and tackles for his team, and scored a high rating as well.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:Guys I'm sorry to derail the thread, I just watched Ebuehi in action in thier league game against Ajax, and he was really outstanding, made the most interceptions and tackles for his team, and scored a high rating as well.
Na wa o, so Ebuehi is your new client...lord help us!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Guys I'm sorry to derail the thread, I just watched Ebuehi in action in thier league game against Ajax, and he was really outstanding, made the most interceptions and tackles for his team, and scored a high rating as well.
Na wa o, so Ebuehi is your new client...lord help us!
:rotf: :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ebuehi was actually the lowest rated defender on the field. https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11892 ... O-Den-Haag

He did get 6.9 rating though.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
Oloye already stated his position. And thats why he is keeping the list.

Okay Agent Danfo. I see you've extended your clientele to include CE members. Is Oloye your first CE client?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Rohr likes what he sees in Uzoho as he fits the German mold (height, ball handling and assuredness). He is simply fast tracking him so he is ready for Russia (fitness and mental wise).

Looking at Rohr's antecedents, it is very unlikely that Vinny is going to be on the plane.

1. He isn't active and has had an extended lay off. Current form is a key criteria (not historical achievements).
2. Rohr is more comfortable with players he has worked with and know his methods. Right now, Akpeyi is ahead of Vinny.
3. He is very big on team spirit and unity in the squad. Introducing Vinny might disrupt that. Mikel is his captain and will also have an input here. Not sure Mikel will favour his return.

Anyway, there may still be a few twists and turns..
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

The case of Uzoho is really intriguing. That the young man has talent and the physical tools is undeniable.That Rohr has chosen to send a goalkeeper trainer to be a resident-trainer speaks volumes.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ebuehi was actually the lowest rated defender on the field. https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11892 ... O-Den-Haag

He did get 6.9 rating though.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He was not bad at all...
But he was not “outstanding” either.

Had a pretty good game...
Apart from the OG he nearly conceded.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Rohr sends goalkeeping coach to Spain to work with Uzoho

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Super Eagles goalkeeping coach heads to Spain to work with Deportivo's Francis Uzoho - See more at: https://goo.gl/EW2wk2

Clearly the man has decided that Uzoho is his number one. I for one am with him 100% on this!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr sends goalkeeping coach to Spain to work with Uzoho

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Oh no.... he’s back. We’re about to get threaded to exhaustion. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!