AKPEYI: Critics can't stop me from World Cup.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
AKPEYI: Critics can't stop me from World Cup.....

Post by Enugu II »

‘Critics can’t stop me from going to World Cup’ – Akpeyi
by emmanuel February 23, 2018 Sport
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/akp ... world-cup/

Nigeria goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi says he would not allow critics scupper his dream of making the cut for the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia.

The Chippa United goalkeeper has been heavily criticised in the wake of unconvincing performances for the Super Eagles, but he said he remains undaunted and has continued to work hard at the club to help his World Cup dream.

He however concedes that there’s a likelihood he isn’t selected for the Mundial, saying he would support the decision of head coach Gernot Rohr, Vanguard writes.

“I am not competing with any goalkeeper in the team. I am grateful to the coach for extending invitation to me and also giving me an opportunity to play,” the former Flying Eagles goalkeeper said.

“Nigeria have good goalkeepers waiting for this opportunity, if anyone deserves it let him play and let’s support him so that we can have a formidable team for the World Cup and come back with good results.”

The former Warri Wolves keeper frowned at what he termed attacks on him in the media, but promises to fight on.

“You don’t have to talk me down with stories or lie against me on the pages of newspapers because you need to promote someone,” he further said.

“I didn’t come this far in my career by mistake even though I wasn’t given a chance to get here; but I was positive about myself and I worked hard for it and with God’s grace I reached the level I am today.

“I haven’t reached my mark yet, yes, I made some mistakes; some of the world’s best goalkeepers have made worst slips, but they didn’t quit because they were criticized and condemned, they fought through it to become the best they are today. So, I’m not exceptional, I will keep fighting.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AKPEYI: Critics can't stop me from World Cup.....

Post by oloye »

Told them Akpeyi....they cannot use their mouth to remove your name from the list...ewo!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

“You don’t have to talk me down with stories or lie against me on the pages of newspapers because you need to promote someone,” he further said.
Truer words have never been said.

This is to all the agents and Junior agents.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:

Good that the poor boy knows what is going on and os fighting from his corner.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

He's a clown. I hope he improves.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:

Nigeria goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi says he would not allow critics scupper his dream of making the cut for the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia.

The Chippa United goalkeeper has been heavily criticised in the wake of unconvincing performances for the Super Eagles, but he said he remains undaunted and has continued to work hard at the club to help his World Cup dream.

He however concedes that there’s a likelihood he isn’t selected for the Mundial, saying he would support the decision of head coach Gernot Rohr, Vanguard writes.

“I am not competing with any goalkeeper in the team. I am grateful to the coach for extending invitation to me and also giving me an opportunity to play,” the former Flying Eagles goalkeeper said.

“Nigeria have good goalkeepers waiting for this opportunity, if anyone deserves it let him play and let’s support him so that we can have a formidable team for the World Cup and come back with good results.”

The former Warri Wolves keeper frowned at what he termed attacks on him in the media, but promises to fight on.

“I didn’t come this far in my career by mistake even though I wasn’t given a chance to get here; but I was positive about myself and I worked hard for it and with God’s grace I reached the level I am today.

“I haven’t reached my mark yet, yes, I made some mistakes; some of the world’s best goalkeepers have made worst slips, but they didn’t quit because they were criticized and condemned, they fought through it to become the best they are today. So, I’m not exceptional, I will keep fighting.”
Right there is the difference between a 'winner and a loser.' :clap: :clap: :clap: To the best of my knowledge, winners DON'T GIVE UP. Akpeyi, continue working hard and also listen to critics to ascertain what they say your weaknesses are and incorporate them in your training. May God be with you, the Super-eagles team and all of us/Nigeria.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:

“I haven’t reached my mark yet, yes, I made some mistakes; some of the world’s best goalkeepers have made worst slips, but they didn’t quit because they were criticized and condemned, they fought through it to become the best they are today. So, I’m not exceptional, I will keep fighting.”[/i]
Thank you, Akepyi! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

He does not invite himself, so to that extent, he cannot be blamed.

When we played SA, I said that even without Ikeme and Enyeama, there were more than 3 other Nigerian GKs better than the ones in camp and listed them and why that was the case.

Now we are scrambling to get passports for 18 year old keepers from Germany, and this dude still has the mouth to talk.

Again, he does not invite himself. We just wasted valuable callups and camptime on Akpeyi and Alampasu.

Oloye, you're trying to be loyal to your in-laws (SMH). Meanwhile, Lobi tried to pull off a draw against MFM in Lagos.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

At least he has a fighting spirit!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:He does not invite himself, so to that extent, he cannot be blamed.

When we played SA, I said that even without Ikeme and Enyeama, there were more than 3 other Nigerian GKs better than the ones in camp and listed them and why that was the case.

Now we are scrambling to get passports for 18 year old keepers from Germany, and this dude still has the mouth to talk.

Again, he does not invite himself. We just wasted valuable callups and camptime on Akpeyi and Alampasu.

Oloye, you're trying to be loyal to your in-laws (SMH). Meanwhile, Lobi tried to pull off a draw against MFM in Lagos.

Agent truetalk, how come only you knew of these great goalkeepers that none of the coaches of the team know of?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:He does not invite himself, so to that extent, he cannot be blamed.

Agent truetalk, how come only you knew of these great goalkeepers that none of the coaches of the team know of?
Thank you very much retired (with Yobo) Agent 1naija.
In an early interview, Rohr, had implied that Akpeyi was in the team because he was playing abroad, and the standard was better than the local league. I knew that was a wrong way to think about it, as I don't believe the level of football is better in SA, even if the money (sponsorship), playing surfaces, stadia and organisation are better than the NPFL at the moment.

As for Alampasu, it was a wasted callup from time, and I have stated the reasons time and again.

Thankfully, one of those keepers I mentioned that deserved a lookin, is now being touted as the starter in Russia.

This is probably the one shaky spot in a very solid team. Invite 5 or 6 deserving guys to camp and take the best 3 to Russia. I'm all for including Vince and Akpeyi on this list (I doubt either one of them will make it as the top 3 in an open camp).

Akpeyi already has the interesting record as getting a surprising invitation as an overaged player to the Olympic squad and then dropping to the bench, and then springing forward unexpectedly from the No. 3 with the Vince and Carl situation and then dropping to the bench again. All of these within the last 18 months, while laying several eggs with his performances along the way. And he has the nerve to talk about critics.

If I wanted to make insinuations, Ah! Never mind. Kids on other sites are already giving their young and brave opinions on his repeated invitations. Let's just say that is the only position we pretty much have two Defensive coordinators for in the Eagles.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:

Thank you very much retired (with Yobo) Agent 1naija.
In an early interview, Rohr, had implied that Akpeyi was in the team because he was playing abroad, and the standard was better than the local league. I knew that was a wrong way to think about it, as I don't believe the level of football is better in SA, even if the money (sponsorship), playing surfaces, stadia and organisation are better than the NPFL at the moment.

As for Alampasu, it was a wasted callup from time, and I have stated the reasons time and again.

Thankfully, one of those keepers I mentioned that deserved a lookin, is now being touted as the starter in Russia.

This is probably the one shaky spot in a very solid team. Invite 5 or 6 deserving guys to camp and take the best 3 to Russia. I'm all for including Vince and Akpeyi on this list (I doubt either one of them will make it as the top 3 in an open camp).

Akpeyi already has the interesting record as getting a surprising invitation as an overaged player to the Olympic squad and then dropping to the bench, and then springing forward unexpectedly from the No. 3 with the Vince and Carl situation and then dropping to the bench again. All of these within the last 18 months, while laying several eggs with his performances along the way. And he has the nerve to talk about critics.

If I wanted to make insinuations, Ah! Never mind. Kids on other sites are already giving their young and brave opinions on his repeated invitations. Let's just say that is the only position we pretty much have two Defensive coordinators for in the Eagles.
So who are these top goalkeepers that Nigeria are not calling? And who is touting Uzoho as starter in Russia? Coach Kongi?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Right there is the difference between a 'winner and a loser.' :clap: :clap: :clap: To the best of my knowledge, winners DON'T GIVE UP. Akpeyi, continue working hard and also listen to critics to ascertain what they say your weaknesses are and incorporate them in your training. May God be with you, the Super-eagles team and all of us/Nigeria.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Shuo na wetin i do..all i am saying is that the boy has every right to go down fighting.

You wi not hear me push any player forward, the coaches are being paid to do that job.

But like i stated earlier ,i am compiling list of people on this forum....na me and them after WC. As Robby would say..dem go hear wen!

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The Akpeyi that played vs Egypt is actually not a bad keeper, the one vs Arg and South Africa is the one we don't want.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Akpeyi has always been terrible. But atleast he has principle. He has descency and he is ready to fight at his club, play matches week in and week out, in order to make the world cup. On the other corner, you have an arrogant human being who abandoned the team. Refused to move in January to play regularly, but yet, wants to use his cronies and agents to buy his way into a world cup. One is a principled man, the other is a crook!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: We know where your pain is coming from. Your clients, Enyeama and Ideye are going to be cooking Okra soup at home in June and July. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Akpeyi is a poor national team goalie.

Everything I observed about him (and commented) in the game he kept he repeated again in a subsequent game.

It is not hating or marketing another player over him. It is a simple observation.

He is not a goalkeeper. I will take a backman and put him in goal over Akpeyi. That's how bad he is.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Akpeyi was give a chance but unfortunately he didn't grab it with both hands (no pun intended).

The only thing Ezenwa has over him is a bit more confidence... The interesting thing is that all 3 slots are still up for contention..Who knows what might happen if he is called to camp and turns things around.

In my opinion both he and Ideye need a phycologist to work on their mental state of mind and remain with them all through the tournament 'if' they make it to Russia. They always seem to be stuck in 2nd gear.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:Akpeyi is a poor national team goalie.

Everything I observed about him (and commented) in the game he kept he repeated again in a subsequent game.

It is not hating or marketing another player over him. It is a simple observation.

He is not a goalkeeper. I will take a backman and put him in goal over Akpeyi. That's how bad he is.

Okay o, agent and goalkeeper coach cellulite.

He actually kept us in the game against Argentina despite the mistake, which is my opinion was no worse than the one Uzoho made against real Madrid feeder team a month or so ago.

Like Akeyi said every goalkeeper makes mistakes. The key is to keep working through it.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Where is Agbim these days, I prefer Agbim to complete weight loss surgery and recover in time for the WC. Agbim over Akpeyi all day, any keeper over Akpeyi all day
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I salute Akpeyi's determination and resolve. I believe he is also working hard on the field and in terms of watching beneficial videos to further improve himself. Not many will argue with the fact that he should be on the plane to Russia if invited and he further justifies it.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"