AKPEYI: Critics can't stop me from World Cup.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AKPEYI: Critics can't stop me from World Cup.....

Post by Undertaker »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The Akpeyi that played vs Egypt is actually not a bad keeper, the one vs Arg and South Africa is the one we don't want.
Really? what is the diffrence between that one and the other two? The dude is just not it! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Nigerians are the masters of their own downfall. Imagine hoping for a useless keeper like Akpeyi to make the WC squad?? This is beyond shameful. WC spots should be based on merit and the fact is that Akpeyi does not deserve to be at the World Cup. The guy alongside Ecjijile is garbage. Its bad enough that we have an erratic GK like Ezenwa. smfh
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

bret- hart wrote:Nigerians are the masters of their own downfall. Imagine hoping for a useless keeper like Akpeyi to make the WC squad?? This is beyond shameful. WC spots should be based on merit and the fact is that Akpeyi does not deserve to be at the World Cup. The guy alongside Ecjijile is garbage. Its bad enough that we have an erratic GK like Ezenwa. smfh
Thanks Coach Bret-Fart.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote:Nigerians are the masters of their own downfall. Imagine hoping for a useless keeper like Akpeyi to make the WC squad?? This is beyond shameful. WC spots should be based on merit and the fact is that Akpeyi does not deserve to be at the World Cup. The guy alongside Ecjijile is garbage. Its bad enough that we have an erratic GK like Ezenwa. smfh
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are letting your emotions humiliate you. I'll suggest you re-read the post. All I can see is people remarking that the guy is working hard and wishing him good luck! What is shameful is you and a couple of people collecting bribes from Enyeama to push his name forward after he abandoned us, arrogantly. A damn shame, if you ask me!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:He does not invite himself, so to that extent, he cannot be blamed.

When we played SA, I said that even without Ikeme and Enyeama, there were more than 3 other Nigerian GKs better than the ones in camp and listed them and why that was the case.

Now we are scrambling to get passports for 18 year old keepers from Germany, and this dude still has the mouth to talk.

Again, he does not invite himself. We just wasted valuable callups and camptime on Akpeyi and Alampasu.

Oloye, you're trying to be loyal to your in-laws (SMH). Meanwhile, Lobi tried to pull off a draw against MFM in Lagos.
:lol: :lol: :lol: We know where your pain is coming from. Your clients, Enyeama and Ideye are going to be cooking Okra soup at home in June and July. :rotf: :rotf:
Is Truetalk an agent like me? :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:He does not invite himself, so to that extent, he cannot be blamed.

When we played SA, I said that even without Ikeme and Enyeama, there were more than 3 other Nigerian GKs better than the ones in camp and listed them and why that was the case.

Now we are scrambling to get passports for 18 year old keepers from Germany, and this dude still has the mouth to talk.

Again, he does not invite himself. We just wasted valuable callups and camptime on Akpeyi and Alampasu.

Oloye, you're trying to be loyal to your in-laws (SMH). Meanwhile, Lobi tried to pull off a draw against MFM in Lagos.
:lol: :lol: :lol: We know where your pain is coming from. Your clients, Enyeama and Ideye are going to be cooking Okra soup at home in June and July. :rotf: :rotf:
Is Truetalk an agent like me? :D

I doubt it! Truetalk don already chop the money when dem pay am before doing any work. Are you that kind of agent? :woot: :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
‘Critics can’t stop me from going to World Cup’ – Akpeyi
by emmanuel February 23, 2018 Sport
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/akp ... world-cup/

Nigeria goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi says he would not allow critics scupper his dream of making the cut for the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia.

The Chippa United goalkeeper has been heavily criticised in the wake of unconvincing performances for the Super Eagles, but he said he remains undaunted and has continued to work hard at the club to help his World Cup dream.

He however concedes that there’s a likelihood he isn’t selected for the Mundial, saying he would support the decision of head coach Gernot Rohr, Vanguard writes.

“I am not competing with any goalkeeper in the team. I am grateful to the coach for extending invitation to me and also giving me an opportunity to play,” the former Flying Eagles goalkeeper said.

“Nigeria have good goalkeepers waiting for this opportunity, if anyone deserves it let him play and let’s support him so that we can have a formidable team for the World Cup and come back with good results.”

The former Warri Wolves keeper frowned at what he termed attacks on him in the media, but promises to fight on.

“You don’t have to talk me down with stories or lie against me on the pages of newspapers because you need to promote someone,” he further said.

“I didn’t come this far in my career by mistake even though I wasn’t given a chance to get here; but I was positive about myself and I worked hard for it and with God’s grace I reached the level I am today.

“I haven’t reached my mark yet, yes, I made some mistakes; some of the world’s best goalkeepers have made worst slips, but they didn’t quit because they were criticized and condemned, they fought through it to become the best they are today. So, I’m not exceptional, I will keep fighting.”
Right there is the difference between a 'winner and a loser.' :clap: :clap: :clap: To the best of my knowledge, winners DON'T GIVE UP. Akpeyi, continue working hard and also listen to critics to ascertain what they say your weaknesses are and incorporate them in your training. May God be with you, the Super-eagles team and all of us/Nigeria.
Akpeyi has always been terrible. But atleast he has principle. He has descency and he is ready to fight at his club, play matches week in and week out, in order to make the world cup. On the other corner, you have an arrogant human being who abandoned the team. Refused to move in January to play regularly, but yet, wants to use his cronies and agents to buy his way into a world cup. One is a principled man, the other is a crook!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Nigeria goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi says he would not allow critics scupper his dream of making the cut for the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia.

The Chippa United goalkeeper has been heavily criticised in the wake of unconvincing performances for the Super Eagles, but he said he remains undaunted and has continued to work hard at the club to help his World Cup dream.

He however concedes that there’s a likelihood he isn’t selected for the Mundial, saying he would support the decision of head coach Gernot Rohr, Vanguard writes.

“I am not competing with any goalkeeper in the team. I am grateful to the coach for extending invitation to me and also giving me an opportunity to play,” the former Flying Eagles goalkeeper said.

“Nigeria have good goalkeepers waiting for this opportunity, if anyone deserves it let him play and let’s support him so that we can have a formidable team for the World Cup and come back with good results.”

The former Warri Wolves keeper frowned at what he termed attacks on him in the media, but promises to fight on.

“You don’t have to talk me down with stories or lie against me on the pages of newspapers because you need to promote someone,” he further said.

“I didn’t come this far in my career by mistake even though I wasn’t given a chance to get here; but I was positive about myself and I worked hard for it and with God’s grace I reached the level I am today.

“I haven’t reached my mark yet, yes, I made some mistakes; some of the world’s best goalkeepers have made worst slips, but they didn’t quit because they were criticized and condemned, they fought through it to become the best they are today. So, I’m not exceptional, I will keep fighting.”
Right there is the difference between a 'winner and a loser.' :clap: :clap: :clap: To the best of my knowledge, winners DON'T GIVE UP. Akpeyi, continue working hard and also listen to critics to ascertain what they say your weaknesses are and incorporate them in your training. May God be with you, the Super-eagles team and all of us/Nigeria.
Akpeyi has always been terrible. But atleast he has principle. He has descency and he is ready to fight at his club, play matches week in and week out, in order to make the world cup. On the other corner, you have an arrogant human being who abandoned the team. Refused to move in January to play regularly, but yet, wants to use his cronies and agents to buy his way into a world cup. One is a principled man, the other is a crook!

Aren't you taking this Vincent thing too far? A crook? Have really heard from Vincent himself to call him such name?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

whatever, Akpeyi ,is nothing but one massive akpere goalie... we all saw how Uzoho performed after the basket chop useless goals, and catch back pass, not to talk of the rubbish vs SA during afcon qualifiers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

There are a lot of folks who don't give up. Winners and Losers alike. Are you not watching the Olympics?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:Akpeyi is a poor national team goalie.

Everything I observed about him (and commented) in the game he kept he repeated again in a subsequent game.

It is not hating or marketing another player over him. It is a simple observation.

He is not a goalkeeper. I will take a backman and put him in goal over Akpeyi. That's how bad he is.

Okay o, agent and goalkeeper coach cellulite.

He actually kept us in the game against Argentina despite the mistake, which is my opinion was no worse than the one Uzoho made against real Madrid feeder team a month or so ago.

Like Akeyi said every goalkeeper makes mistakes. The key is to keep working through it.
Unku, I jos did a search of your name and cross referenced Akpeyi.

The way you have been defending him even after the South Africa game makes me wonder o.

No chop all dat agent awoof in one place o. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

This is from a none agent, Chief Gotti.
Jos in case pipul tink say we get agenda.
Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:The underline is embedded in most of the points made here about the guy. That really is the crux of the manner -- he is not evaluated as everyone else.
Each individual player should be evaluated individually...
And dude has cultivated any “bias” against him - at the Olympics and in several SE games. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

There are a lot of folks who don't give up. Winners and Losers alike. Are you not watching the Olympics?
Yes, I was watching some of the competitions in the Winter Olympic; if that is what you are referring to, but because one wasn't successful at a time doesn't mean he/she won't be successful next time.

The same thing applies to Akpeyi. As long as he is training and incorporating his flaws into the training programme, he might come out being very good. Thus, the struggle continues. Good-luck to him.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Yes, I was watching some of the competitions in the Winter Olympic; if that is what you are referring to, but because one wasn't successful at a time doesn't mean he/she won't be successful next time.

The same thing applies to Akpeyi. As long as he is training and incorporating his flaws into the training programme, he might come out being very good. Thus, the struggle continues. Good-luck to him.
Brother, what I’m saying is that attaching this feel good aphorism to Akpeyi is just motivational talk. His talent is set. We’re not going to see dramatic improvements between now and the WC. Is he good enough to start? My answer is unequivocally No. It’s not about naysayers wishing him bad or him never quitting. Most of us want Nigeria to do well above all else...so why should we wish ill on a player we think can help us?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Dude needs to shut up! Is it our fault he gets a mental breakdown as soon as he puts on naija's jersey?? What the hell are we suppose to do - let him wear Chippa United's jersey when he plays with the national team to feel comfortable?? Dude needs to shut up and go book an appointment with the best psychologist in the world. All this raking will not hide the truth.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Brother, what I’m saying is that attaching this feel good aphorism to Akpeyi is just motivational talk. His talent is set. We’re not going to see dramatic improvements between now and the WC. Is he good enough to start? My answer is unequivocally No. It’s not about naysayers wishing him bad or him never quitting. Most of us want Nigeria to do well above all else...so why should we wish ill on a player we think can help us?
You are talking to the same guy that said he will be laughing when Enyeama collects basket full of goals at the world cup. This is the type of cut your nose to spite your face mentality they have, and they project it on others since they think with hate in their heart that others must think the same as well...Like you said "Most of us want Nigeria to do well", but this guy is the minority that wishes we do poorly based on who we take to the WC.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!