How Guardiola is revolutionizing English football

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: How Guardiola is revolutionizing English football

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger played a midfield of Hleb, Cesc and Rocisky. They were kicked from pillar to post.

That article is a laugh. Load of rubbish. Pep invented football. Bollocks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the football but it is so easy when you have unlimited funds.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Waffiman wrote:Wenger played a midfield of Hleb, Cesc and Rocisky. They were kicked from pillar to post.

That article is a laugh. Load of rubbish. Pep invented football. Bollocks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Rubbish articls,Pep copy what Wenger has done for years repeatedly.
Go watch Arsenal 98 double win team.I don't want to even talk about 2003 to 2004 when beloved go all season without open nyash. Lauren a MF turn to one of the best TH.
Henry was a winger and Wenger turn him to the best striker epl ever see.
FAbregas was a playmaker that Wenger turn himyo one of the best CM ENGLAND EVER SEE AT A YOUTH AGE..
This pep team is not even excited like Pelle team in his first year.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:Wenger played a midfield of Hleb, Cesc and Rocisky. They were kicked from pillar to post.

Madrid have unlimited funds, but their football is not special.

So does United and Chelsea.

Milan spent more than a quarter billion dollars, they are not even in top 4!

Money gets you the top talents. What you do with it is down to your creative intellect...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:Rubbish articls,Pep copy what Wenger has done for years repeatedly.
Go watch Arsenal 98 double win team.I don't want to even talk about 2003 to 2004 when beloved go all season without open nyash. Lauren a MF turn to one of the best TH.
FAbregas was a playmaker that Wenger turn himyo one of the best CM ENGLAND EVER SEE AT A YOUTH AGE..
Thanks Kajifu and Waffiman :clap: , you are systematically burying this thread once as for all :rotf:
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

With all due respect to Pool, Tottenham and Chelsea, the true test will be the CL :!:
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

txj wrote:

Money gets you the top talents. What you do with it is down to your creative intellect...
Well, Madrid won the CL while Pep's City crashed out in the second round by conceding 6 against Monaco :!:
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kofi86 wrote:
txj wrote:

Well, Madrid won the CL while Pep's City crashed out in the second round by conceding 6 against Monaco :!:
Not only won, but defended CL with a rookie manager.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

benteke wrote:
kajifu wrote:Rubbish articls,Pep copy what Wenger has done for years repeatedly.
Thanks Kajifu and Waffiman :clap: , you are systematically burying this thread once as for all :rotf:

Nonsense. According to them, Wenger invented Arsenal, EPL titles, FA cups, doubles, art of converting a speedy winger into a striker, consistent top 4, etc. He invented Lauren, Fabregas, etc.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
benteke wrote:

Nonsense. According to them, Wenger invented Arsenal, EPL titles, FA cups, doubles, art of converting a speedy winger into a striker, consistent top 4, etc. He invented Lauren, Fabregas, etc.
No mind them! Plus Weah calls Arsene Wenger 'father'. Does Pep have that?
Even Mourinho, his age mate Essien calls him 'daddy'. When Pep get those kain pikin, e fit open mouth.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

platinum wrote:
YUJAM wrote:A lot of people are thinking with their hearts and not their heads.

All one has to do is see the way Pep's teams play to understand he is a special coach. Also his tactical variations show that he is an amazing football mind. There's nothing like him in world football.

And yes he's changing the English game. There is no doubt about this
Sarri is doing special things in Italy. If I were voting for coach of the year, I'd tip him over Pep.

Has he broken every record in the Serie A like Pep is doing in the EPL? Does his team show as many tactical variations as City? I've watched Napoli and they are nowhere near City.

What I look for in a team is ball possession, tactical variations, movement and ability to win back possession and defend. City is doing all of this in the EPL and breaking records doing this. One thing I've noticed is keepers are starting to play the ball out of the back to in the EPL. They are also developing better pressing tactical capabilities to deal with this. There is no doubt he is revolutionizing the game there

All the other nonsense talk about money and other red herrings don't take away from the fact that he is hanging the game in England. Now some is expected it but other shorter sighted folks did not and now that's it's happening refuse to eat their humble crow by playing ostrich. Inevitably their yanshes won't be able to take the heat. :taunt:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

But that's not what the article discusses. What it talks about is his tactical variations allow him to effectively use two 10s as 8s. That's not easy.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

:lol: So much hatorade and poor arguments in this thread. Just give Pep his props and move on. I personally prefer to wait until he wins a major trophy before putting any crown on him, but given the yawning gap between City and the rest in the league, no biggie.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YUJAM wrote:
platinum wrote:

All one has to do is see the way Pep's teams play to understand he is a special coach. Also his tactical variations show that he is an amazing football mind. There's nothing like him in world football.

Sarri is doing special things in Italy. If I were voting for coach of the year, I'd tip him over Pep.

Has he broken every record in the Serie A like Pep is doing in the EPL? Does his team show as many tactical variations as City? I've watched Napoli and they are nowhere near City.

What I look for in a team is ball possession, tactical variations, movement and ability to win back possession and defend. City is doing all of this in the EPL and breaking records doing this. One thing I've noticed is keepers are starting to play the ball out of the back to in the EPL. They are also developing better pressing tactical capabilities to deal with this. There is no doubt he is revolutionizing the game there

All the other nonsense talk about money and other red herrings don't take away from the fact that he is hanging the game in England. Now some is expected it but other shorter sighted folks did not and now that's it's happening refuse to eat their humble crow by playing ostrich. Inevitably their yanshes won't be able to take the heat. :taunt:
Please name the record Pep has broken in EPL.
thanks
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

txj wrote:

not true....Chelsea doesn't have FOUR 50M defenders out of a back four like City does. Incase U've been away from the internet..Conte's been complaining about the poor market by Chelsea board
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wiseone wrote:"English football is generally suspicious of too much technical quality" - yes that is why Bergkamp, Cantona, Zola, Gullit, Giggs, Ginola, and Robert were gracing English football 20+ years ago, and why the best players in EPL times are KDB, David Silva, Ozil, Sanchez, Eriksen, Salah, and Coutinho.
You missed the operative word "generally" and English football was suspicious of most the guys you named. Bryan Robson had a lot more England caps than Glenn Hoddle.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

oloye wrote::lol: Conte came and won the EPL first season with a team that struggled to make top 10 we did not hear any noise,they said Pep's players were bedding in and finding their feet.
My broda, when Henry went to Barca, he said he had to relearn how to play football. If you are not a product of their system, you just don't start playing their way from the beginning.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote::lol: Conte came and won the EPL first season with a team that struggled to make top 10 we did not hear any noise,they said Pep's players were bedding in and finding their feet.

I shun unneccesary debates, but if you spend that obscene money and you dont win something ...sorry there is no need blowing kakaki trumptet winning something on the second try after even spending more.

I wont take anything away from him,but please reduce the noise level about him revolutionising EPL. Ki lo se ti enikan o se ri?
What exactly has he done that no one is yet to do? Even if he wins the champions league...so what even Di Matteo won it with Chelsea.

Ever since blogging became a lucrative job we have been bombarded by all manner of rushed conclusions.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kajifu wrote: Please name the record Pep has broken in EPL.
thanks
18 straight wins.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YUJAM wrote:

Come on man not that again, Van Gaal came to United and was doing this with eyes closed, he even bought a keeper Romero specially for that purpose.
I think there are other teams that were already doing this, i know Swansea has been playing possession based football for ages and they do that with their keeper, just that no-one made noise about such instances.

What sets Pep apart from the like of Sarri is the astonishing amount he spent, there's no hiding from that one :biggrin:

At this rate someone will soon come along telling us that Pep has revolutionized posession :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
platinum wrote:

Please name the record Pep has broken in EPL.
thanks
My Arsenal broda, carry your bad belle go. No need to direct bitterness at everyone because of Wenger.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

cic old boy wrote:
My broda, when Henry went to Barca, he said he had to relearn how to play football. If you are not a product of their system, you just don't start playing their way from the beginning.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He had to relearn to play football the Barca way. I am sure he also had to relearn in his previous clubs!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Pep fans,

You can't force greatness down people's throats. The only way this can be done is if Pep wins the Champions League. Revolution, tiki taka, all that's a matter of taste. Worst you can say is that I don't know good football. I personally do not particularly care for that kind of football; i much prefer Liverpool and Real Madrid styles.