Brian Idowu to be called up..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Brian Idowu to be called up..

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr Keeps To His Promise : Amkar Perm Defender Brian Idowu Receives Nigeria Call-Up
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26752

Amkar Perm star Brian 'Abuja' Idowu is set to add to his solitary international cap for Nigeria's national team, with manager Gernot Rohr inviting him for the upcoming Pre-World Cup friendlies against Poland and Serbia.

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands Idowu is the only Amkar Perm player in contact with the Nigerian Federation, meaning Aaron Samuel and Fegor Ogude are set to be omitted from the list of invitees.

Idowu was part of Nigeria's 23-man squad for the friendly against Argentina on November 14, coming on at half-time as replacement for left-back Ola Aina.

The Saint Petersburg-born defender scored eight minutes into his debut to give Nigeria a crucial 3-2 lead against the two-time world champions.

The 25-year-old has played as a central defender, left back, left midfielder, right midfielder and right back for Amkar Perm in the Russian Premier League.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr earlier stated that Idowu will be part of his World Cup squad and will act as the Super Eagles interpreter as he speaks Russian language.

John Ogu, Chidozie Awaziem, Oghenekaro Etebo and Daniel Akpeyi are confirmed to be named to the roster that will be announced in the coming days.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Brian Idowu to be called up..

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Why not wait till the full list comes out...instead of opening threads for each players.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Why not wait till the full list comes out...instead of opening threads for each players.
Better than the multiple EPL threads we see here.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

aruako1 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Why not wait till the full list comes out...instead of opening threads for each players.
No it's not.
yes o
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote:
KPOM

Threads like this on CE site much better than EPL threads here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
KPOM

Threads like this on CE site much better than EPL threads here.
KPOM!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why not.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This boy obviously doesn’t have agents, we never hear pim about him even when he plays well in a game. I expect that to change soon as he steps foot in Nigeria . :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

They can't wait, they want to be the 'first news stand' which revealed the information and so, are better than the others. I will do the same if in their position.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote:
Exactly! Way better than the EPL threads, which to me is VERY annoying
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

papilo wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
No it's not.
But this is a site for Eagus. What makes an intruder 'better' or have more rights than the home owner? :?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ecjijile's days as a Nigerian international is over.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:Rohr Keeps To His Promise : Amkar Perm Defender Brian Idowu Receives Nigeria Call-Up

Amkar Perm star Brian 'Abuja' Idowu is set to add to his solitary international cap for Nigeria's national team, with manager Gernot Rohr inviting him for the upcoming Pre-World Cup friendlies against Poland and Serbia.

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands Idowu is the only Amkar Perm player in contact with the Nigerian Federation, meaning Aaron Samuel and Fegor Ogude are set to be omitted from the list of invitees.

Idowu was part of Nigeria's 23-man squad for the friendly against Argentina on November 14, coming on at half-time as replacement for left-back Ola Aina.

The Saint Petersburg-born defender scored eight minutes into his debut to give Nigeria a crucial 3-2 lead against the two-time world champions.

The 25-year-old has played as a central defender, left back, left midfielder, right midfielder and right back for Amkar Perm in the Russian Premier League.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr earlier stated that Idowu will be part of his World Cup squad and will act as the Super Eagles interpreter as he speaks Russian language.

John Ogu, Chidozie Awaziem, Oghenekaro Etebo and Daniel Akpeyi are confirmed to be named to the roster that will be announced in the coming days.

Shaking my head on this ooo. :curse: :curse:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

bret- hart wrote:Ecjijile's days as a Nigerian international is over.

Why is this guy so disliked? I see nothing wrong with his game. BTW, do u know the meaning of his last name?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote:

Why is this guy so disliked? I see nothing wrong with his game. BTW, do u know the meaning of his last name?
Let night time never arrive? I guess it would then mean continuous prosperity. :idea:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Props to the NFF for this statement.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Rohr Keeps To His Promise : Amkar Perm Defender Brian Idowu Receives Nigeria Call-Up

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

ANC wrote:

Me I can’t lie I like him from his playing 4 the under 20 when he proved to a much better defender than the much loved Efe Ambrose ( got SS fired). Majority are follow follow ..... they just follow the contributing editor who is now suggesting Joel Obi man the left back position despite the fact it’s not his position and several people agreeing follow follow no matter stupid the idea.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I think it is safe to say if your name is not the list for the March friendlies the door is closed to making the ord cupbsquad. So all those German born and so so names being mentioned on this site it’s over Agabon and Kelechi dem
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Enugu II wrote:

Dem wan use yab finish idowu, :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway seems idowu is making the first 11 tho