Rohr visits Ahmed Musa in CSKA!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr visits Ahmed Musa in CSKA!

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:Nice one, i like how john12 made sure he stayed out of camera view of each pic Musa posted...agents are smartening up sha...
Stayed out of view? He was taking the damn pictures!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

1naija wrote:He should have just said he appreciated the visit and end it there. All the "I am very very happ" .."what have I done to deserve this" ..."I am forever grateful" flowery comnents are not necessary.
What he has he done to deserve this? Not much if he's perfectly honest. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

1naija wrote:He should have just said he appreciated the visit and end it there. All the "I am very very happ" .."what have I done to deserve this" ..."I am forever grateful" flowery comnents are not necessary.

It sounded over the top to me as well. Then again we don't know all the details about what Musa has been through over the past year or so (both professionally and in his personal life). And if Rohr has stuck with him and encouraged him through it, then the flowery words might just be expressing how he honestly feels.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

The truth hurts but somebody got to say it, Musa is a headless chicken and he should be prepared to hug the bench at the WC. I knew Oliseh was pure daft when he made Musa captain, and it seems Rohr thinks he owes Musa some attention because Musa is a former captain or whatever. Anyway Musa does not deserve to be in the top 23 Nigerian players if selection is without bias.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

9jaMan wrote:The truth hurts but somebody got to say it, Musa is a headless chicken and he should be prepared to hug the bench at the WC. I knew Oliseh was pure daft when he made Musa captain, and it seems Rohr thinks he owes Musa some attention because Musa is a former captain or whatever. Anyway Musa does not deserve to be in the top 23 Nigerian players if selection is without bias.

Do u know better than Rohr?
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Nice one, i like how john12 made sure he stayed out of camera view of each pic Musa posted...agents are smartening up sha...
Stayed out of view? He was taking the damn pictures!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
9jaMan wrote:The truth hurts but somebody got to say it, Musa is a headless chicken and he should be prepared to hug the bench at the WC. I knew Oliseh was pure daft when he made Musa captain, and it seems Rohr thinks he owes Musa some attention because Musa is a former captain or whatever. Anyway Musa does not deserve to be in the top 23 Nigerian players if selection is without bias.

He probably thinks he does. We are Nigerians nah. What else?
If he cannot attribute 'dropology' to Rohr's decisions he does not agree with or understand (as he automatically would if Rohr were Nigerian), he must come up with some convoluted, far fetched long ting.
The last thing on a Naija man's mind is a genuine strategic decision driving the choice.
You know we are a paranoid people, probably understandably so.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:

If he cannot attribute 'dropology' to Rohr's decisions he does not agree with or understand (as he automatically would if Rohr were Nigerian), he must come up with some convoluted, far fetched long ting.
The last thing on a Naija man's mind is a genuine strategic decision driving the choice.

Strategic decision to force a headless chicken on Nigerians? What has Musa done in the last two years to deserve to go to the WC,? Musa had zero contribution to SE's WC ticket. Yes we need his speed against a defeated defense, but is Musa a game changer? Hell no. He should fight for a place like everyone else and should not be guaranteed a spot because Rohr has a special role for him. It's sending the wrong message to all Nigerian ballers. Only the best players should represent Nigeria and not this quota system nonsense all over again. Musa is not intelligent enough to start or even play for SE
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Everyday here people just pick and choose to bully Musa for no reason. Statistically, he is presently super eagles top scorer and one of our most Experienced player. Infact, prior to rohr becoming super eagles coach musa was Our captain under Sunday Oliseh that speaks volume about his experience. Let’s analyze Musa club and Country Trajectory
1) Musa was the highest goal scorer NPL at 17 and was POTF at Wafu in 2010 infact people suggested that Lagerback should invite him for 2010 World Cup but lagerback rightfully refused (he was inexperienced)

2) At 18 Musa was performing at a backwater league (VVV venlo) his performance was that good that a good team and Decent league CSKA Moscow signed him From VVV venlo

3) At 19, Musa was going toe to toe with Cristiano Ronaldo at Champions league Round of 16. Infact, he was even one of the best players in that game. Ronaldo commended him Afterwards

4) At 23 Musa already Won 3 league titles at CSKA Moscow and was one of their best players in that winning Team

5) At 22 Musa once again went toe to Toe with the greatest player of all time and even Scored 2 world class goals in that game. He wasn’t intimidated by None of Argentina super stars and was arguably the best player in that game.

To say that musa didn’t contribute anything towards eagles WCQ is a lie because musa Assisted Victor Moses goal against Algeria Anyway, it’s either people just keep denigrating musa achievement For club and country to get a reaction or his insults Stems from his Tribe. I have told you people multiple times that there should be criteria for suggesting newer players to replace Older ones. If you believe that experienced Musa isn’t good enough to make Super eagles 23 then we ask you guys to provide a better alternatives then you guys would start mentioning “backwater inexperienced players” if Musa adversaries in SE were exceptional players I wouldn’t even question your motive nor defend Musa omission but they aren’t Exceptional players. At the end of the day, Our team is very Young and inexperienced therefore we need our Fit experienced players at World Cup. Say No to tribalism one Nigeria, One love. If you want to get the best Our of Ahmed Musa, Use him properly like CSKA uses him and you will get a great player.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Strategic decision to force a headless chicken on Nigerians? What has Musa done in the last two years to deserve to go to the WC,? Musa had zero contribution to SE's WC ticket. Yes we need his speed against a defeated defense, but is Musa a game changer? Hell no. He should fight for a place like everyone else and should not be guaranteed a spot because Rohr has a special role for him. It's sending the wrong message to all Nigerian ballers. Only the best players should represent Nigeria and not this quota system nonsense all over again. Musa is not intelligent enough to start or even play for SE
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I said it!!!
We MUST add our own conspiracy theory. So now it's quota system?
So explain why Rohr would be allocating plane seats based on Nigerian ethnicity.

Oya, we dey hear you.... :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Everyday here people just pick and choose to bully Musa for no reason. Statistically, he is presently super eagles top scorer and one of our most Experienced player. Infact, prior to rohr becoming super eagles coach musa was Our captain under Sunday Oliseh that speaks volume about his experience. Let’s analyze Musa club and Country Trajectory
1) Musa was the highest goal scorer NPL at 17 and was POTF at Wafu in 2010 infact people suggested that Lagerback should invite him for 2010 World Cup but lagerback rightfully refused (he was inexperienced)

2) At 18 Musa was performing at a backwater league (VVV venlo) his performance was that good that a good team and Decent league CSKA Moscow signed him From VVV venlo

3) At 19, Musa was going toe to toe with Cristiano Ronaldo at Champions league Round of 16. Infact, he was even one of the best players in that game. Ronaldo commended him Afterwards

4) At 23 Musa already Won 3 league titles at CSKA Moscow and was one of their best players in that winning Team

5) At 22 Musa once again went toe to Toe with the greatest player of all time and even Scored 2 world class goals in that game. He wasn’t intimidated by None of Argentina super stars and was arguably the best player in that game.
All well and good, but history counts for little. Yes, experience does count but it's a balance of experience vs what he's doing NOW.
To say that musa didn’t contribute anything towards eagles WCQ is a lie because musa Assisted Victor Moses goal against Algeria Anyway, it’s either people just keep denigrating musa achievement For club and country to get a reaction or his insults Stems from his Tribe.
Pastor, your argument is getting silly now. :roll:
Just as ridiculous as the chap suggesting Rohr is favouring him for 'quota system' reasons.
Its not about his ethnicity. If you cannot see the argument that people feel he hasn't done enough to justify his inclusion then you are making your own argument out of sentiment becos they have a point even if you don't agree with it.
But to say its 'tribalism' is simply dishonest. Was the outcry about Uchebo and Babatunde tribalism too?

I have told you people multiple times that there should be criteria for suggesting newer players to replace Older ones. If you believe that experienced Musa isn’t good enough to make Super eagles 23 then we ask you guys to provide a better alternatives then you guys would start mentioning “backwater inexperienced players” if Musa adversaries in SE were exceptional players I wouldn’t even question your motive nor defend Musa omission but they aren’t Exceptional players. .
There should be criteria for ALL players being invited, not just new ones replacing old. That is the very reason this debate exists becos Musa hasn't convinced the fans he has met such criteria. Fortunately for him (and you, his agent :taunt: ), Rohr seems to think otherwise.
At the end of the day, Our team is very Young and inexperienced therefore we need our Fit experienced players at World Cup. Say No to tribalism one Nigeria, One love. If you want to get the best Our of Ahmed Musa, Use him properly like CSKA uses him and you will get a great player
By far your best points.
No spoil am with the 'tribalism' BS.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Musa is a squad player ... Which means he will be coming off the bench in tactical situations... Let's see what his form is like in the 2 upcoming friendlies. If he stinks up the joint, the likes of Bazee and others are there to stake a claim..

He has the pace to get behind defenders and If we are 2-1 down against Argentina in the final game, seeing him come on will mentally unsettle the opposition.

Anyway as Rohr has said all along, all newcomers have to be better than what is already on ground. Same competition exists with Echiejile and Aina..Rohr isn't going to be sentimental when he picks his final squad..
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mr Shows wrote:Musa is a squad player ... Which means he will be coming off the bench in tactical situations... Let's see what his form is like in the 2 upcoming friendlies. If he stinks up the joint, the likes of Bazee and others are there to stake a claim..

He has the pace to get behind defenders and If we are 2-1 down against Argentina in the final game, seeing him come on will mentally unsettle the opposition.

Anyway as Rohr has said all along, all newcomers have to be better than what is already on ground. Same competition exists with Echiejile and Aina..Rohr isn't going to be sentimental when he picks his final squad..

Squad player? Wow! Thank God ROHR doesn't think like that. It's the kind of thinking that's very common amongst Nigerians but it's a very negative and prevents goodvteam spirit.

Who are the "squad players " on the German or Brazilian teams? Would you even use that term in regards to those teams? I doubt it.

Musa is not a squad player! He's a SE player who has the quality to be on team just like all those that are selected. If he gets to play, the same quality expected from all players will be expected of him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Has anyone seen john12 anywhere to vet this Musa post...i smell agents all over this thread.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I'll say it again...I criticized Pinnick and co when they hired Rohr...but I was so wrong. This guy is masterclass
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Mr Shows wrote:Musa is a squad player ... Which means he will be coming off the bench in tactical situations... Let's see what his form is like in the 2 upcoming friendlies. If he stinks up the joint, the likes of Bazee and others are there to stake a claim..

Squad player? Wow! Thank God ROHR doesn't think like that. It's the kind of thinking that's very common amongst Nigerians but it's a very negative and prevents goodvteam spirit.

Who are the "squad players " on the German or Brazilian teams? Would you even use that term in regards to those teams? I doubt it.

Musa is not a squad player! He's a SE player who has the quality to be on team just like all those that are selected. If he gets to play, the same quality expected from all players will be expected of him.
Anyone who is not a guaranteed 1st team player (eg Mikel, VM, Balogun, Troost ect) is a squad player ...As I noted, if you read what I said, he can come on to great effect and affect play. Having a strong bench is just as important as having a strong starting 11...
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote:I'll say it again...I criticized Pinnick and co when they hired Rohr...but I was so wrong. This guy is masterclass
Abegi, put down the violin... :lol:

While most of us like the job Rohr's been doing, he's NOT the first SE coach to visit players...
Difference is when indigenous coaches did it (Siasia, Keshi, Amodu), folks labeled it corruption. SMDH.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

There are some players that have the raw materials to be a game changer and that don’t. Musa is a player that has that potential on his day- and has the confidence of knowing he has scored against the best in the WC before. Granted his recent form has not been the best (every player has ups and downs for both personal and professional reasons) but the coaching crew will decide based on all factors come May. Rohr’s move to visit him is well timed - if Musa still has something to offer then Rohr wants to ensure that the player is in the best frame of mind over the coming months to show this prior to final selection. If he ultimately doesn’t make the squad it’s all good, someone better will go. But for now I see no need to keep putting Musa down. Any player who has contributed to the level he has in the past should at least be given a certain level of respect given that he has the potential to come right at the right time..which any well meaning supporter should be hoping for, as we do with all our players.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Rohr is really a good motivator... He was in Russia for FIFA Seminar and used the opportunity well.. If its a Nigerian coach, he would be waiting for NFF to pay his transport before going visiting.. This is a way to motivate is players..
afc##
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Musa is at best a squad player, he simply isn't good enough to be in our starting XI, he is best served when brought in at the 80th minute to run at tired opposition defenses, that's about the only purpose he serves cause he brings no dynamics to his overall team contribution.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chuks69 wrote:Rohr is really a good motivator... He was in Russia for FIFA Seminar and used the opportunity well.. If its a Nigerian coach, he would be waiting for NFF to pay his transport before going visiting.. This is a way to motivate is players..
He would also have been waiting for several months/years salary...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

chuks69 wrote:Rohr is really a good motivator... He was in Russia for FIFA Seminar and used the opportunity well.. If its a Nigerian coach, he would be waiting for NFF to pay his transport before going visiting.. This is a way to motivate is players..
Unfair comparison to make. Rohr had a long career and made a lot of money. Own hotels and all. Also does not need the NFF to write letters to embassies to get Visas and fund trip. Money answers to a lot of things, so someone who has it, can overcome or sidestep a lot of administrative redtape. Rohr is pretty much self actualising with the SE job, but most WOWOs are money grabbers.

That was why I was excited about Dangote wanting to run for NFF Chairman back in the day, although Pinnck has been able to do a bit with the relationship with Aieto.

Few Nigerian coaches have the same profile (in terms of means, ease of travel, financial comfort etc) as Rohr, which is why Oliseh really yabbed. This should and could have been him.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

As I mentioned, any WC list without Musa is not complete.