Rohr visits Ahmed Musa in CSKA!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr visits Ahmed Musa in CSKA!

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
chuks69 wrote:Rohr is really a good motivator... He was in Russia for FIFA Seminar and used the opportunity well.. If its a Nigerian coach, he would be waiting for NFF to pay his transport before going visiting.. This is a way to motivate is players..
He would also have been waiting for several months/years salary...

And under what circumstances should a coach use his own money for official business? :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

green4life wrote:As I mentioned, any WC list without Musa is not complete.

Uncle, this statement could be misconstrued as advocating on Musa's behalf, or as many here call it ...his agent.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
chuks69 wrote:Rohr is really a good motivator... He was in Russia for FIFA Seminar and used the opportunity well.. If its a Nigerian coach, he would be waiting for NFF to pay his transport before going visiting.. This is a way to motivate is players..
And under what circumstances should a coach use his own money for official business? :roll:
So YOU use your own money for official business at your job if regular salary is not being paid? :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Great man management skills shown by Gernot Rohr.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

1naija wrote:
green4life wrote:As I mentioned, any WC list without Musa is not complete.

Uncle, this statement could be misconstrued as advocating on Musa's behalf, or as many here call it ...his agent.
Lol. My big uncle, Musa is not my cup of tea but I am not bothered either way as I appreciate what he does for the team.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote:
deanotito wrote:I'll say it again...I criticized Pinnick and co when they hired Rohr...but I was so wrong. This guy is masterclass
Abegi, put down the violin... :lol:

While most of us like the job Rohr's been doing, he's NOT the first SE coach to visit players...
Difference is when indigenous coaches did it (Siasia, Keshi, Amodu), folks labeled it corruption. SMDH.
Nope. I don't base my view on just this action. Its the aggregate of all his actions...including this one, and Musa's comments about the same.

Maybe the issue with the other people you named is that the aggregate get k-leg...maybe
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote:
Gotti wrote:
deanotito wrote:I'll say it again...I criticized Pinnick and co when they hired Rohr...but I was so wrong. This guy is masterclass

While most of us like the job Rohr's been doing, he's NOT the first SE coach to visit players...
Difference is when indigenous coaches did it (Siasia, Keshi, Amodu), folks labeled it corruption. SMDH.
Nope. I don't base my view on just this action. Its the aggregate of all his actions...including this one, and Musa's comments about the same.

Maybe the issue with the other people you named is that the aggregate get k-leg...maybe
Like the cop that shot at a black dude administering the Heimlich to a white woman...
It’s most often based on the “aggregate” of the perjoral thoughts and projections of the WOWO class. :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Like the cop that shot at a black dude administering the Heimlich to a white woman...
It’s most often based on the “aggregate” of the perjoral thoughts and projections of the WOWO class. :D
All these your Ad Hominem attacks galore.

Rohr is a mature and competent pro. Many of the guys you mentioned were lacking on one or both of those measures. Amodu probably was the closest. Siasia played some great attacking football, but he and Keshi either thrived on or didn't know how to avoid conflict with their players and the NFF. From day 1, it was constant war.

As I said earlier, I was an early Rohr critic as I subscribed to the age old advice of my uncle that if you are going to eat a frog, you should at least eat a big one. I said at the time that Rohr was not a 'big frog' and if "journeyman/mercenary" Rohr was the target, we'd be better off with ex pros like Siasia. I was wrong. Rohr was and still is a Masterclass appointment. Never been this impressed by an SE coach is such little time. His on-field results underscore what is a very mature off-field decorum.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
So YOU use your own money for official business at your job if regular salary is not being paid? :roll:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: '
Bro, I was actually supporting you! hahahahaha I was pretty much saying a coach should NEVER use his own money for official business! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Even if a coach is paid a salary, why should he be required to use his personal money for official business?? I was agreeing with you, and wondering what Chuks69 is talking about. LOL

And to answer your question, I am a business owner and I wouldnt even use my own personal money for official business. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote:All these your Ad Hominem attacks galore.

Rohr is a mature and competent pro. Many of the guys you mentioned were lacking on one or both of those measures. Amodu probably was the closest. Siasia played some great attacking football, but he and Keshi either thrived on or didn't know how to avoid conflict with their players and the NFF. From day 1, it was constant war.

As I said earlier, I was an early Rohr critic as I subscribed to the age old advice of my uncle that if you are going to eat a frog, you should at least eat a big one. I said at the time that Rohr was not a 'big frog' and if "journeyman/mercenary" Rohr was the target, we'd be better off with ex pros like Siasia. I was wrong. Rohr was and still is a Masterclass appointment. Never been this impressed by an SE coach is such little time. His on-field results underscore what is a very mature off-field decorum.
Huh! :shock:

Which one is the supposed “ad hominem attacks”? Pointing out the REALITY (not feelings, mind you) that when indigenous coaches visited SE players at the respective stations, it was given a corrupt coloration or at best coded as “conflicted” (to ironize your apparent worldview)? Dude, I have little or no patience for dishonest discourse and calls it as it is. The Good Lord knows that if an indigenous coach recurringly retained a player who had not been making his club’s bench and had not seen a minute of club football in months, and thereafter followed it up with a personal visit (even if he coincidentally was in the country - as Amodu was when once in England he visited our players and was derided as seeking cell-phones among other childish jibes), segments of the chattering class would go insane! Accordingly, it is not about Rohr (albeit some of our indigenous coaches have achieved as much and even more while fighting the active outright opposition and undermining of the NFF and overly loud but substantively empty sections of the chattering class) but the disgusting hypocrisy attendant thereto.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:

Which one is the supposed “ad hominem attacks”? Pointing out the REALITY (not feelings, mind you) that when indigenous coaches visited SE players at the respective stations, it was given a corrupt coloration or at best coded as “conflicted” (to ironize your apparent worldview)? Dude, I have little or no patience for dishonest discourse and calls it as it is. The Good Lord knows that if an indigenous coach recurringly retained a player who had not been making his club’s bench and had not seen a minute of club football in months, and thereafter followed it up with a personal visit (even if he coincidentally was in the country - as Amodu was when once in England he visited our players and was derided as seeking cell-phones among other childish jibes), segments of the chattering class would go insane! Accordingly, it is not about Rohr (albeit some of our indigenous coaches have achieved as much and even more while fighting the active outright opposition and undermining of the NFF and overly loud but substantively empty sections of the chattering class) but the disgusting hypocrisy attendant thereto.
Word!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Gotti wrote:

Just like Siasia an indigenous coach in all ramifications did not receive your wholeheartedly support and sometimes was not spared from your acerbic criticism . You see everybody is entitled to his or her opinion . Nobody is absolutely right .