Men Akpeyi is really bad!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Men Akpeyi is really bad!!!

Post by airwolex »

Men that is scary. Na him go face Messi?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

airwolex wrote:Men that is scary. Na him go face Messi?
Game will be over after 20 mins...

Hopefully Rohr has a plan B
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Obong wrote:This is the recent freekick goal that is probably causing Akpeyi sleepless nights.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh my this keeper nah one in a million chei :lol: :lol: :lol: he positioned himself the same spot where the ball went to ..kai we don finish :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

What a useless keeper :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
gochino wrote:.
Didn't The almighty enyeama concede a similar goal against south korea in 2010 world cup??? Check out their second goal. Stop the double standard

does that make the mistake less egregious?[/quote]

One wonders why some Nigerians tend to have a one-track mind. The issue at hand is the goalkeeping gaffe from a freekick by Akpeyi in a recent league match. I did not post the thread. I stumbled on the video via a sports journalist I follow on Twitter, and decided to post it for perspective. And you bring in Enyeama? I need to understand. Akpeyi vs Enyeama? Really? :clap: :clap: :?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Look, my point is all keepers make such mistakes. Did anyone criticise enyeama when he let in those cheap goals against France,south Korea and Greece?
Last edited by gochino on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

gochino wrote:Look, my point is all keepers make such mistakes.
Repeatedly?

And this is elementary stuff.

He's just good enough. A huge climb down from Enyeama, several levels below Ikeme, and actually no better than Ezenwa.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Obong wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
gochino wrote:.
Didn't The almighty enyeama concede a similar goal against south korea in 2010 world cup??? Check out their second goal. Stop the double standard

does that make the mistake less egregious?
One wonders why some Nigerians tend to have a one-track mind. The issue at hand is the goalkeeping gaffe from a freekick by Akpeyi in a recent league match. I did not post the thread. I stumbled on the video via a sports journalist I follow on Twitter, and decided to post it for perspective. And you bring in Enyeama? I need to understand. Akpeyi vs Enyeama? Really? :clap: :clap: :?[/quote]

Bros,

If a player is hated in CE then every mistake must be noted. It does not matter that others may make a similar error.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:If a player is hated in CE then every mistake must be noted. It does not matter that others may make a similar error.
What matters is that he's a poor GK.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:If a player is hated in CE then every mistake must be noted. It does not matter that others may make a similar error.
Yeyeman,

I do not rate him but sometimes I feel that his past is used to judge his performance in every game. That is just unacceptable, IMHO, if we are to be fair in evaluating performance. Go back and re-watch the Argentina game. The guy was not as bad as claimed here in CE beyond his mental error that led to the FK. Yet all you read on CE is that he was so poor in that game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Obong wrote:This is the recent freekick goal that is probably causing Akpeyi sleepless nights.

that was a disgraceful goal to concede.
Seriously? You armchair loud mouth. How’s this freekick different from the one that Messi fired past Enyeama in Brazil :?: :!:

Cheers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yeyeman,

I do not rate him but sometimes I feel that his past is used to judge his performance in every game. That is just unacceptable, IMHO, if we are to be fair in evaluating performance. Go back and re-watch the Argentina game. The guy was not as bad as claimed here in CE beyond his mental error that led to the FK. Yet all you read on CE is that he was so poor in that game.
My fren, generally you might be right. But his past is used to judge his ability. The present is used to evaluate his current level of performance. That free kick in the video is a poor goal for a GK to concede.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yeyeman,

My fren, generally you might be right. But his past is used to judge his ability. The present is used to evaluate his current level of performance. That free kick in the video is a poor goal for a GK to concede.
That is the point. Yes, you can use the past and the pattern built up to judge his overall ability. But in one game you use his performance in that game to judge. That was the big error in several evaluations of his performance v Argentina.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yeyeman,

That is the point. Yes, you can use the past and the pattern built up to judge his overall ability. But in one game you use his performance in that game to judge. That was the big error in several evaluations of his performance v Argentina.
He conceded two goals in the 45 minutes he played. One a very, soft goal. And GKs who commit errors which lead to goals will always be judged harshly.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yeyeman,

He conceded two goals in the 45 minutes he played. One a very, soft goal. And GKs who commit errors which lead to goals will always be judged harshly.
That I disagree. His bravely actually prevented Nigeria being further behind in that half when the team was virtually overrun for a while. I am not sure which one is a soft goal -- the cross that was connected deep inside the box or the FK that was taken from the edge of the box? IMHO, none of those could be considered soft by any stretch.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:That I disagree. His bravely actually prevented Nigeria being further behind in that half when the team was virtually overrun for a while. I am not sure which one is a soft goal -- the cross that was connected deep inside the box or the FK that was taken from the edge of the box? IMHO, none of those could be considered soft by any stretch.
The free kick with the poorly-positioned wall that he stood behind and thus allowed the free-kick taker to pass the ball into the net with ease. That one.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:That I disagree. His bravely actually prevented Nigeria being further behind in that half when the team was virtually overrun for a while. I am not sure which one is a soft goal -- the cross that was connected deep inside the box or the FK that was taken from the edge of the box? IMHO, none of those could be considered soft by any stretch.
The free kick with the poorly-positioned wall that he stood behind and thus allowed the free-kick taker to pass the ball into the net with ease. That one.
Ok. IMHO, he invited the ball to be played in the open space (an attempt to suck the kicker into that) as we see Brazil's Taffarell do with pks. This way he (Akpeyi) prevents the ball from being played above the wall for a goal as we see often (see also Nigeria's FK) but then failed to get the spot quicker than the ball. IMHO, it is a gamble that failed and considering the distance for the FK I do not label that soft at all.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Ok. IMHO, he invited the ball to be played in the open space (an attempt to suck the kicker into that) as we see Brazil's Taffarell do with pks. This way he (Akpeyi) prevents the ball from being played above the wall for a goal as we see often (see also Nigeria's FK) but then failed to get the spot quicker than the ball. IMHO, it is a gamble that failed and considering the distance for the FK I do not label that soft at all.
But given the distance why would he need to gamble in the first place? If they play it over the wall he has wayyyy more than enough time to move his feet and get himself over there to make a save. The gamble tells me he is not confident in his own footwork and speed to get across to the ball if it is played over the wall...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Prof, go and sleep abeg. In the morning, you will laugh at yourself. Let's not get into the paralysis by analysis mindset. No point trying to make an academic exercise of defending the indefensible.

12 year old GKs know that you position the wall to cover most of the path to goal and you maintain sight of the ball (mostly possible) and cover the near side or narrower path to goal. That is why the good FK takers have to bend the ball over the wall. That was what Nacho did in that same game.

According to you, Akpeyi ignores this basic principle and tries to play voodoo and mind games with the FK taker. Well, its not working. Against Argentina, it didn't help that he conspired with himself to create the FK in the first place, but due to his FK methods (hiding behind the wall and peeping), all the Argie player had to do was pass the ball into the net. No special FK skills needed.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bros, you are NOT helping Akpeyi here...
Because if that was his mindset, it was obtuse (given his ability).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yeyeman,

KPOM! :clap:

I have had this same line of discussion with EII so many times, I have given up on him.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The unfortunate thing is that you can’t coach these errors out of him at this stage of his career development. All goalkeepers make errors but this has to be the exception rather than the norm. Why bother with a defender who is guaranteed to give you 89 mins of brilliant play but always has a momentary lapse that will more than often lead to you conceding a goal?

The simple fact of the matter is that Akpeyi in his current form is not good enough. His confidence has taken a battering and mentally he isn’t strong enough to fight his way back. I’m sure the pressure got to him before the Cameroon game and his injury gave him a convenient way out. You just need to see his face every time the camera pans on him. He always looks petrified and uncertain. He lacks that aura and commanding presence most world class goalies have.

Rohr hasn’t sent his goalkeeping coach to Spain for the fun of it. IMHO We are simply flogging a dead horse here.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Akpeyi is back on the bench at his SA club. There is no way this guy is better than an Enyeama with one hand.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.