Problems with the SE striking position

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Problems with the SE striking position

Post by chief nfachairman »

I still believe we have a major problem with our striking options. They all have 2 months left to show that they are worthy of the Green white green jersey.

Fully Grounded in the SE
Ighalo: Still in China. Was the 7th highest Goalscorer in the very poor Chinese league (5 others tied on 7th). Hasn't had a Top flight career except for his half season top performance at Watford.
Nacho: Still struggling for game time at Leicester. And when he has played any EPL match, hasn't been great.

Looking in
Ideye: killed his career going to China. Has found his way back to the best league in the world but with a useless team. He needs to keep scoring to edge out Ighalo or Nacho and if he does, he is on that plane to Russia.
Kayode: been almost none existent for Girona in the last few months. He would need to start scoring everyday to prove he is good enough for the SE
Osimhen: hardly seen games this season. started 2 games and went back to bench. Is he ready? He needs to start scoring in Wolfsburg to show he is worthy of an invite back to the SE and ultimately the WC.

We still dey look
Taiwo Awoniyi: Strong and gifted player, Playing day in, day out in Belgium, scored 7 goals so far (Same as Henry), 9 behind the highest goalscorer. If he is going to make the SE, he needs to score alot more considering the level of the Belgian league.
Sadiq Umar: Very skillful and strong, he could just be what SE needs. He would bring something totally different from all other strikers. But he took the plunge to a lower league. He needs to start scoring day in, day out to get that invite to the SE and finally to the WC. And he could be special.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Problems with the SE striking position

Post by Undertaker »

Obafemi Martins is available ooooo
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rohr is on it, no cause for alarm. Thanks tho....
OCCUPY NFF!!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

There is no problem with the SE striking position. The coach has many options and we the fans are confident that he and the NFF will do right by us. Thanks for your concerns.
To stop trying is to start dying
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ideye has no chance of edging out Ighalo or Ihenacho. Simply not going to happen.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mystic wrote:Ideye has no chance of edging out Ighalo or Ihenacho. Simply not going to happen.
doest mean that his agents cant try. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Exactly my thought . Honestly I don't know where all these sanguine feelings are emanating from. Most Super eagles fans are day dreamers thinking SE will excel in the forthcoming tournament . None of our players is having a stellar performance in their various clubs . Most of their performances have been below average at best mediocre. Honestly the team does not inspire any confidence definitely will be lucky to win one match in the tournament . The team is totally devoid of fantastic strikers, good AM and resounding goalkeeper
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:Exactly my thought . Honestly I don't know where all these sanguine feelings are emanating from. Most Super eagles fans are day dreamers thinking SE will excel in the forthcoming tournament . None of our players is having a stellar performance in their various clubs . Most of their performances have been below average at best mediocre. Honestly the team does not inspire any confidence definitely will be lucky to win one match in the tournament . The team is totally devoid of fantastic strikers, good AM and resounding goalkeeper
This team is better than the 2014 one that drew 1 and won 1. But they might be in a tougher group this time around.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bully12 wrote:Exactly my thought . Honestly I don't know where all these sanguine feelings are emanating from. Most Super eagles fans are day dreamers thinking SE will excel in the forthcoming tournament . None of our players is having a stellar performance in their various clubs . Most of their performances have been below average at best mediocre. Honestly the team does not inspire any confidence definitely will be lucky to win one match in the tournament . The team is totally devoid of fantastic strikers, good AM and resounding goalkeeper

Have you taken your medications today?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Have we ever had a team at the WC that had all three of those at the same time? How did they do?

Strikers are not the only people that are allowed to score on a team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

You went a bit overboard there.

Several players are having stellar performances: Wilfried Ndidi, Ogheneharo Etebo, Henry Onyekuru (until he got injured), Joel Obi.

Additionally Victor Moses has been good, at times great. Other players playing good lately have been Abdullahi Shehu, Mikel Agu, Moses Simon, Tyrone Ebuehi and a host of players in Belgium.

There are two problem areas: the GK position and the striker position. In all honesty we don't really have much need for upgrades in other positions.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We don't really struggle to score goals under Rohr even though our striking situation calls for some concern, at least that's something positive.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Slowly but surely we are moving from goalkeeping to defense to midfield to attack problems. Basically there's problem in the SE. I suggest we should just forget Russia and stay at home. All I read is problem here, there and everywhere.
Soon there will be problem with Rohr, his team and the NFF.

For goodness sake, lets just enjoy the wc without all these negativity
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pajimoh wrote:Slowly but surely we are moving from goalkeeping to defense to midfield to attack problems. Basically there's problem in the SE. I suggest we should just forget Russia and stay at home. All I read is problem here, there and everywhere.

No, let’s fix whatever holes we may have so we can have a good showing at the tourney. I don’t see anything wrong with us agents doing our jobs :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Slowly but surely we are moving from goalkeeping to defense to midfield to attack problems. Basically there's problem in the SE. I suggest we should just forget Russia and stay at home. All I read is problem here, there and everywhere.

No, let’s fix whatever holes we may have so we can have a good showing at the tourney. I don’t see anything wrong with us agents doing our jobs :taunt:
How's that Enyeama promo coming along dear Agent Mace
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Undertaker wrote:Obafemi Martins is available ooooo
If we are looking for someone to dance Shaku Shaku at Quilox...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agent nfa cchairman, does this thread have anything to do with the fact that Onyekuru is BACK!!!! :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Gotti wrote:

Gotti, you are too old to be keeping tabs on who dance what at a nightclub in Lagos :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Undertaker wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Gotti, you are too old to be keeping tabs on who dance what at a nightclub in Lagos :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Uncletaker, you're too old to be keeping tabs on who's keeping tabs on who's dancing in Lagos clubs... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

How's that Enyeama promo coming along dear Agent Mace
His last check bounced so I’ve moved on to fighting for Joel Obi...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The teams greater than the sum of it's parts.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dammy wrote:The teams greater than the sum of it's parts.

Kpom x 3
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

^^ When passing the ball around the 18 someone has to put the ball in the net

Our directly style under Rohr has ensure we do not struggle in this area.

Our team spirit is strong. However, there is only so far it can take us before teams exploit our weaknesses.