Chidozie Awaziem Vs OM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Chidozie Awaziem Vs OM

Post by doctorollie »

Chidozie is currently playing against OM. He has so far put in an excellent shift and has kept OM strikers in check!

Nantes currently leads 1:0
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Chidozie Awaziem Vs OM

Post by Tobi17 »

Our most consistent defender right now.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Very impressive; nothing, I mean absolutely nothing has gone past him tonight.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He’s now a LB. :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Nantes finally give up equaliser in injury time. IMHO, this has not been Awaziem's best game. Okay but nothing more.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Awaziem with the highest score vs OM.

7 tackles, 9 clearances, 3 interceptions... impressive stats, but also show that Nantes was parking the bus...

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11910 ... lle-Nantes
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

marutimon wrote:Awaziem with the highest score vs OM.

7 tackles, 9 clearances, 3 interceptions... impressive stats, but also show that Nantes was parking the bus...

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11910 ... lle-Nantes
True, they defended most of the time. But TBH, I do not know how they rated him highest. I love his game but he was not the best in my view. The CD playing on the left was in my view much better in this game. In fact he did a herculean task cleaning up when OM went past Awaziem on the left.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Good game by Awaziem especially as it is his first match in almost 2 months due to injury.
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote:Good game by Awaziem especially as it is his first match in almost 2 months due to injury.
Thanks I was about to ask where he’s been.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:Nantes finally give up equaliser in injury time. IMHO, this has not been Awaziem's best game. Okay but nothing more.
Thought he was more than just ok, matching up with Thauvin, probably the best WMR player in Ligue 1.

Like his pace on the recovery...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg

Post by pastorhotr99 »

I wonder why my eyes always hurt or I see the wrong thing?. I thought Awaziem was ineffective and running all over with no discernable contribution. don't get me wrong he's a potential badass as though.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

pastorhotr99 wrote:I wonder why my eyes always hurt or I see the wrong thing?. I thought Awaziem was ineffective and running all over with no discernable contribution. don't get me wrong he's a potential badass as though.

That’s because Marseille stopped attacking from the right in the 2nd half and he had to tuck in a little to help the team shore up the right side. In doing so he marked space and help close down attackers. That’s why he looked like he was running all over.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He’s now a LB. :shock:
Carlos and Pallios are way ahead of him in the pecking order, So it makes sense to get come time as a LB.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/302/Show/France-Nantes
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley