Uzoho updates and highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uzoho updates and highlights

Post by danfo driver »

asabatex wrote:Ezenwa has very good reflexes, and he can catch the ball, unlike some of our other keepers. But he needs to learn how he rushes the ball. I am very concern that he will give away cheap penalty kicks.

For the record, my client is Francis Uzoho... :D
dhoney wrote:
asabatex wrote:We are in trouble..... :( uzoho is horrible.
I will rather go with Ezenwa than go with Uzoho. 5-Aside goalkeeping is not the same as facing the best in the World. The only thing I see Uzoho has and others don`t is he is "long" :D .
For once I will have to agree with Ayo and bring Aiyenugba back if I were the Coach

LOL. I am absolutely NOT concerned about my team. I know our strength! And I have been saying this over and over again---individually, we do not have the best players. However, Once we come together as a unit, we are almost indestructible. You simply have no idea. :D

You see akpere Uzoho now? Did you remember how confident he looked versus Argentina? hehe! Dey there! Once my team wears that beautiful jersey and come together, we are indestructible.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Uzoho was very impressive against Argentina... :thumbs:
danfo driver wrote:
asabatex wrote:Ezenwa has very good reflexes, and he can catch the ball, unlike some of our other keepers. But he needs to learn how he rushes the ball. I am very concern that he will give away cheap penalty kicks.

dhoney wrote:
I will rather go with Ezenwa than go with Uzoho. 5-Aside goalkeeping is not the same as facing the best in the World. The only thing I see Uzoho has and others don`t is he is "long" :D .
For once I will have to agree with Ayo and bring Aiyenugba back if I were the Coach

LOL. I am absolutely NOT concerned about my team. I know our strength! And I have been saying this over and over again---individually, we do not have the best players. However, Once we come together as a unit, we are almost indestructible. You simply have no idea. :D

You see akpere Uzoho now? Did you remember how confident he looked versus Argentina? hehe! Dey there! Once my team wears that beautiful jersey and come together, we are indestructible.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:

dhoney wrote:

We have a lot of strengths, and we have a good chance of shocking the World. I don't see any team that we can't compete with. Germany, Brazil, France, Belgium, Argentina; We can hang with them.

But we also have a glaring problem, and that is at the GK position.

For all the good that Rohr has done, and in-spite of the fa.ct that the top 2 options as at 18 months ago are not currently available, they could have done much better at addressing the issue. They just wasted time and invitations on Akpeyi and Alampasu.

You only need to watch Algeria Nigeria again to know that Ezenwa also has issues. The kind of issues that would have made us concede 4 or 5 if Slimani & co did not have their own issues.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

dhoney wrote:
Time to market Dele Aiyenugba.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Goalkeeping is all about trust and confidence and Rohr doesn’t have that in Akpeyi or Ezenwa. Akpeyi has lost it while Ezenwa hasn’t truly earned it yet. Rohr seems to have given uzoho the benefit of the doubt based on what he’s seen so far from him.

Rohr’s game plan going into the friendlies is rather simply for all to see. With Ezenwa just returning from injury, uzoho will start vs Poland. He will sink or swim based on his performance vs Poland. Uzoho, yes uzoho, could have the number 1 spot wrapped up in the next game. He’s the better fundamentally skilled goalie, has the size and most importantly the confidence of the coaching staff. I’m predicting that an error free game vs Poland will earn uzoho the No 1 spot. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Goalkeeping is all about trust and confidence and Rohr doesn’t have that in Akpeyi or Ezenwa. Akpeyi has lost it while Ezenwa hasn’t truly earned it yet. Rohr seems to have given uzoho the benefit of the doubt based on what he’s seen so far from him.

Rohr’s game plan going into the friendlies is rather simply for all to see. With Ezenwa just returning from injury, uzoho will start vs Poland. He will sink or swim based on his performance vs Poland. Uzoho, yes uzoho, could have the number 1 spot wrapped up in the next game. He’s the better fundamentally skilled goalie, has the size and most importantly the confidence of the coaching staff. I’m predicting that an error free game vs Poland will earn uzoho the No 1 spot. :thumb:
He looks like a kid goalie to me in these highlights, but lets see how he does for the SE. Hopefully the 3 chosen can up their game and show what they are made of.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Goalkeeping is all about trust and confidence and Rohr doesn’t have that in Akpeyi or Ezenwa. Akpeyi has lost it while Ezenwa hasn’t truly earned it yet. Rohr seems to have given uzoho the benefit of the doubt based on what he’s seen so far from him.

Emir,

Please explain what you mean by fundamentally skilled and what you have seen in Uzoho that meets the criteria and what you have seen in others that indicate that they are poorer on that criteria. Do not assume that I think the others are better. I am simply attempting to learn from what you know.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I agree that on that 2nd goal (1st video), he was tentative coming out.

One thing to note is that if Uzoho is our first choice, our opponents will test him with a lot of speculative stuff...probably much more than they would have tested an Ikeme or Enyeama
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:I agree that on that 2nd goal (1st video), he was tentative coming out.

One thing to note is that if Uzoho is our first choice, our opponents will test him with a lot of speculative stuff...probably much more than they would have tested an Ikeme or Enyeama
If Ezenwa is our no1 it is pretty certain they will test his aerial skills (and our own blood pressures) with plenti high crosses from free kicks and corners.
Our defence will have its work cut out trying not to concede either.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:

Emir,

Please explain what you mean by fundamentally skilled and what you have seen in Uzoho that meets the criteria and what you have seen in others that indicate that they are poorer on that criteria. Do not assume that I think the others are better. I am simply attempting to learn from what you know.
Kai, brother Emir, be careful with your answers to these question :shock: :shock: :shock: . Chief Enugu II, might be looking to NAIL you into a Coffin and you know the rest
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote:

Emir,

I’ve only watched Ezenwa in action in the games he featured for SE ,it was painfully obvious in the those games that he still lacks in some fundamental areas of goal keeping even when compared with a young keepe like uzoho.

vs Algeria - Ezenwa consistently misjudged the flight of the ball on several occasions and ended up in situations that would surely be punished at the wc level.

Vs Cameroon - The pk he conceded in Yaoundé was just lack of awareness on positioning ,bad judgement on simple things like speed of the ball and the position of his defenders. Even if the ball wasn’t going out of bounds, he left goal unprotected with Attackers literally on his goal line.

Vs Kenya - wasn’t tested much but his ability to effectively control the back line is suspect.

I think he’s a decent goalie but giving him the No 1 spot is a high risk low rewards proposition imho.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Emir,

I’ve only watched Ezenwa in action in the games he featured for SE ,it was painfully obvious in the those games that he still lacks in some fundamental areas of goal keeping even when compared with a young keepe like uzoho.

vs Algeria - Ezenwa consistently misjudged the flight of the ball on several occasions and ended up in situations that would surely be punished at the wc level.

Vs Cameroon - The pk he conceded in Yaoundé was just lack of awareness on positioning ,bad judgement on simple things like speed of the ball and the position of his defenders. Even if the ball wasn’t going out of bounds, he left goal unprotected with Attackers literally on his goal line.

Vs Kenya - wasn’t tested much but his ability to effectively control the back line is suspect.

I think he’s a decent goalie but giving him the No 1 spot is a high risk low rewards proposition imho.
They ask you what you saw in Uzoho and you spend time discussing Ezenwa... :lol:
Meanwhile, EII can just as easily list miscues in Uzoho's game as seen in those YouTube clips.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:

He looks like a kid goalie to me in these highlights, but lets see how he does for the SE. Hopefully the 3 chosen can up their game and show what they are made of.
I suspect the Uzoho phenomena reflects the desperate concern of folks...
If I was a betting man (and thankfully I'm not), Uzoho will start from the bench at the WC.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:I agree that on that 2nd goal (1st video), he was tentative coming out.

If Ezenwa is our no1 it is pretty certain they will test his aerial skills (and our own blood pressures) with plenti high crosses from free kicks and corners.
Our defence will have its work cut out trying not to concede either.
You are right there. Might as well go with the taller and more confident guy. Uzoho gets my vote
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

If I was a betting man (and thankfully I'm not), Uzoho will start from the bench at the WC.
I'm a betting man, and you're probably right. But the odds are only slightly against Uzoho at the moment. A good performance in the remaining friendlies and I suspect he'll probably start and play the full game vs Poland then the starting spot will be his.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

niyi wrote:
papilo wrote:
True but some teams in this division are semi-professional and some players in the division are part-time footballers. I am guessing NPFL is a professional football league and all players in the league are full time footballers.
I highly doubt that all players in the third tier of Spanish football aren't full professionals
Yeah well, I know about half a dozen guys, friends of mine who play 3rd division football in Spain on a semi-pro level. They have other jobs. Some of them have really good jobs actually but also play 3rd division football.
yes o
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I'm a betting man, and you're probably right. But the odds are only slightly against Uzoho at the moment. A good performance in the remaining friendlies and I suspect he'll probably start and play the full game vs Poland then the starting spot will be his.
My suspicion is that whoever starts the next friendly is probably, in Rohr's mind, the Number 1 at this point.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

[/video]
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

truetalk wrote:[/video]

Naija 's # 1 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Unless something happens to Uzohor, you I am more than persuaded he would be the number 1. I mean Ezenwa is not even seeing action at Eyimba a local side,being benched by that Dauda Breda...and we expect him to jump from there to keep in the world cup.

By the way, let me caution you all, do not raise your expectations too high, this I say not because of the keeping situation,but because overall our team ain't there yet.

We will fight and give it a go, but I simply feel this team is one for the future and so have fixed my expectations accordingly.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:Unless something happens to Uzohor, you I am more than persuaded he would be the number 1. I mean Ezenwa is not even seeing action at Eyimba a local side,being benched by that Dauda Breda...and we expect him to jump from there to keep in the world cup.

By the way, let me caution you all, do not raise your expectations too high, this I say not because of the keeping situation,but because overall our team ain't there yet.

We will fight and give it a go, but I simply feel this team is one for the future and so have fixed my expectations accordingly.
Oloye

I don't know where this story of Dauda benching Ezenwa comes from but it is just not accurate. The best descriptor is that they are used interchangeably. Of course Dauda has played more games because Ezenwa was at WAFU and CHAN and then was injured twice. But in spite of those he has started both ACL and NPFL games where Dauda was available and on the bench.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

oloye wrote:Unless something happens to Uzohor, you I am more than persuaded he would be the number 1. I mean Ezenwa is not even seeing action at Eyimba a local side,being benched by that Dauda Breda...and we expect him to jump from there to keep in the world cup.

Good advise about caution, but I think the time is now. We know ourselves, majority of these players will not be kept for another cycle, except they do something really special. I think they have it in them. I am open-minded though, but expectant.

I will manage whatever disappointment comes - if it comes :tic: .
To stop trying is to start dying
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:

Oloye

I don't know where this story of Dauda benching Ezenwa comes from but it is just not accurate. The best descriptor is that they are used interchangeably. Of course Dauda has played more games because Ezenwa was at WAFU and CHAN and then was injured twice. But in spite of those he has started both ACL and NPFL games where Dauda was available and on the bench.
But shouldn’t the best that NPFL has to offer be an undisputed number 1?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!