Uzoho updates and highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: Uzoho updates and highlights

Post by Obong »

Tobi17 wrote:We definitely have a goal keeping crisis.
Yet another rational person realizes our goalkeeping situation. Some folks here are even advocating we "try" a goalkeeper at the World Cup! We have friendlies. That's the fora for "trying".Thankfully, the final list to FIFA isn't due until early June. There is still time to address the troubling issue.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Obong wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:We definitely have a goal keeping crisis.
Yet another rational person realizes our goalkeeping situation. Some folks here are even advocating we "try" a goalkeeper at the World Cup! We have friendlies. That's the fora for "trying".Thankfully, the final list to FIFA isn't due until early June. There is still time to address the troubling issue.
I don't think there's anyone who doesn't realize we have a crisis in that department. As far as I know all the goalkeepers we have don't have a lot of experience and we have to "try" one of them except you'd rather have us "try" playing without a goalie.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

niyi wrote:I don't think there's anyone who doesn't realize we have a crisis in that department. As far as I know all the goalkeepers we have don't have a lot of experience and we have to "try" one of them except you'd rather have us "try" playing without a goalie.
So unfair of you to pick on Akpeyi yet again... :lol:

Just joking. Way things are going, won’t be surprised if Akpeyi ends up as starter at the WC.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

truetalk wrote:So Agents YoungJohn12 and Uncle 1Naija don't think we are picking on Mr. Akpeyi.

This was over this weekend, and they lost 2-0.
Level of play is probably not higher than the NPFL, but the pitches and training are certainly better.

Uzoho seems extremely reluctant to come out and close up the space in a 1v1 situation (2nd goal, also last week). In this situation, he is the anti-Ezenwa, who gets the rush of blood to the head and rushes out for balls he is not favourite to get.

[/video]
True but some teams in this division are semi-professional and some players in the division are part-time footballers. I am guessing NPFL is a professional football league and all players in the league are full time footballers.
yes o
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

airwolex wrote:May the best akpere win Chisos!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: . To be fair though, he looked better than this before he got called up to the first team and had 2 decent la liga games, after which he got his first international call up. Looks like sending him back to the B team affected his confidence.
yes o
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Thankfully the goalkeeper coach is working with him on a daily basis. He is raw but it’s amazing what confidence can do for a keeper. By the time he has faced Poland, Serbia, D. Congo, England and Chec republic he will be ready..
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Mr Shows wrote:Thankfully the goalkeeper coach is working with him on a daily basis. He is raw but it’s amazing what confidence can do for a keeper. By the time he has faced Poland, Serbia, D. Congo, England and Chec republic he will be ready..
:clap: :clap: :clap:
yes o
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
niyi wrote:I don't think there's anyone who doesn't realize we have a crisis in that department. As far as I know all the goalkeepers we have don't have a lot of experience and we have to "try" one of them except you'd rather have us "try" playing without a goalie.

Just joking. Way things are going, won’t be surprised if Akpeyi ends up as starter at the WC.
We should try a backman as a goalie.

BTW, have we had a ball playimg "sweeper" type of goalie before?

The only Keeper I remembered whose ball distribution from the back (long and short balls) was Emma Okalla.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

chei!! Uzoho! small pikin! Some peopel truly hate the sight of this poor child, because he reminds them that their crooked client, a treasonous okra eating crook, will NEVER play for Nigeria again.

Continue! we know why you are hurt.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:chei!! Uzoho! small pikin! Some peopel truly hate the sight of this poor child, because he reminds them that their crooked client, a treasonous okra eating crook, will NEVER play for Nigeria again.

Come on man. Why you got to call the guy treasonous and a crook to boot.

Not cool... :boo: :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

papilo wrote:
True but some teams in this division are semi-professional and some players in the division are part-time footballers. I am guessing NPFL is a professional football league and all players in the league are full time footballers.
I highly doubt that all players in the third tier of Spanish football aren't full professionals
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Gotti wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I reject it in Ifa's, Mohammed's and Jesus' name.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:chei!! Uzoho! small pikin! Some peopel truly hate the sight of this poor child, because he reminds them that their crooked client, a treasonous okra eating crook, will NEVER play for Nigeria again.

Sir! his actions of abandoning us in our time of need was treasonous. he abandoned his troops.

Also, I never had a problem with Enyeama, personally, until I saw his hand in the nasty campaign by some of his friends-- people he knows personally to force him down our throats.

Incidentally, when that crook was handed our number 1 shirt in the 2002 world cup, his friends and agents did not tell us that our world cup will be thrown into the pit of hell! They told us to "give him a chance," and we did. Now, these same sycophants are now going after a small child, trying to destroy his image just to elevate their selfish crook client, who was given a chance-- find a club in January-- and he refused! He was more interested in sitting in the stands and making money, rather than sacrificing to play at the world cup for Nigeria. he thinks he can sit in the stands and use his sycophants to force him on us??!! No! Not happening!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Why are we still talking about Enyeama?
“Enyeama is not playing at the moment and somebody who is not playing cannot come to the national team. In the beginning, I wanted him but he didn’t come because of the issues in the past so its unlikely if he will return to the team” Rohr said.
When quizzed if the door is closed on the former Super Eagles’ captain, Rohr gave this reply:
“The door is closed for nobody but somebody who is not playing cannot come because it is a rule of selection, especially in this kind of goalkeeping position."
http://aoifootball.com/2018/03/06/eagle ... says-rohr/
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Sir! his actions of abandoning us in our time of need was treasonous. he abandoned his troops.

Also, I never had a problem with Enyeama, personally, until I saw his hand in the nasty campaign by some of his friends-- people he knows personally to force him down our throats.

Incidentally, when that crook was handed our number 1 shirt in the 2002 world cup, his friends and agents did not tell us that our world cup will be thrown into the pit of hell! They told us to "give him a chance," and we did. Now, these same sycophants are now going after a small child, trying to destroy his image just to elevate their selfish crook client, who was given a chance-- find a club in January-- and he refused! He was more interested in sitting in the stands and making money, rather than sacrificing to play at the world cup for Nigeria. he thinks he can sit in the stands and use his sycophants to force him on us??!! No! Not happening!
But he was injured when he was approached. How does that amount to abandoning us?

Would you have advocated for a half fit player over a fully fit player in a crucial qualifier?

On his WC debut, two different scenarios. He was arguably the best goalie in the local league. He was playing actively for African champions Enyimba... who won CAF Champions League cups twice. He was not a greenhorn... he had experience albeit at the continental level.

Check out how many games he had kept for Enyimba before being handed the goalkeeping shirt at the WC.

Uzoho is not at his level even then.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

niyi wrote:Why are we still talking about Enyeama?
“Enyeama is not playing at the moment and somebody who is not playing cannot come to the national team. In the beginning, I wanted him but he didn’t come because of the issues in the past so its unlikely if he will return to the team” Rohr said.
When quizzed if the door is closed on the former Super Eagles’ captain, Rohr gave this reply:
“The door is closed for nobody but somebody who is not playing cannot come because it is a rule of selection, especially in this kind of goalkeeping position."
http://aoifootball.com/2018/03/06/eagle ... says-rohr/
You can ask Danfo Driver. He is the one having the monologue.

The rest of us are tracking our GK prospects.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:

But he was injured when he was approached. How does that amount to abandoning us?

Would you have advocated for a half fit player over a fully fit player in a crucial qualifier?

On his WC debut, two different scenarios. He was arguably the best goalie in the local league. He was playing actively for African champions Enyimba... who won CAF Champions League cups twice. He was not a greenhorn... he had experience albeit at the continental level.

Check out how many games he had kept for Enyimba before being handed the goalkeeping shirt at the WC.

He started rejecting call-ups way before he got injured.

I don't think Enyeama was a regular at Enyimba in 2002 (have to check this).

The best goalies in the league in the early 2000s were Ejide, Sunday Rotimi and Murphy Akanji and by then Enyimba weren't CAF champs league winners yet.
Last edited by niyi on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
he abandoned us when Oliseh was coach. I dont give a damn that he quarreled with his coach! he walked out of the nation and not out of Oliseh!

Uzoho has played in La Liga. At that time, Enyeama would never have smelled La Liga. We all remember that Enyeama went to Bolton and FAILED!!!! HE FAILED THE TRIAL, remember? Bolton??!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
he abandoned us when Oliseh was coach. I dont give a damn that he quarreled with his coach! he walked out of the nation and not out of Oliseh!

Uzoho has played in La Liga. At that time, Enyeama would never have smelled La Liga. We all remember that Enyeama went to Bolton and FAILED!!!! HE FAILED THE TRIAL, remember? Bolton??!!!
Did I miss something, was he our starting GK at the 2002 WC? I could have sworn there was some seasoned hand named Ike starting for us...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

We are in trouble..... :( uzoho is horrible.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

asabatex wrote:We are in trouble..... :( uzoho is horrible.

Yes, we are in trouble. And Uzoho is the worst person in the world. Thank you.

Whats the worse that will happen? Afterall, your client was there when we were disgraced in Africa and couldnt qualify for Nations Cups.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

I will rather go with Ezenwa than go with Uzoho. 5-Aside goalkeeping is not the same as facing the best in the World. The only thing I see Uzoho has and others don`t is he is "long" :D .
For once I will have to agree with Ayo and bring Aiyenugba back if I were the Coach
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Ezenwa has very good reflexes, and he can catch the ball, unlike some of our other keepers. But he needs to learn how he rushes the ball. I am very concern that he will give away cheap penalty kicks.

For the record, my client is Francis Uzoho... :D
dhoney wrote:
I will rather go with Ezenwa than go with Uzoho. 5-Aside goalkeeping is not the same as facing the best in the World. The only thing I see Uzoho has and others don`t is he is "long" :D .
For once I will have to agree with Ayo and bring Aiyenugba back if I were the Coach