Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 am 

nzeogwu wrote:
Naija's three goalkeepers are better than 2014 and 2010. Inexperience or not. Additionally, they will get better. At least none of these will be overweight or tossing the ball into their own net. We'll take parrying.

The 3 of them are not fit to tie Ejide's shoe. Let's just wish them well.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 pm 

Watching this video makes me pray Ezenwa is fit. Watched Enyinmba last CCL and be was on bench duty however think he is better and more confident than Uzoho

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:34 am 

Ezenwa is better than Uzoho.. :idea:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:33 am 

imehjunior wrote:
Watching this video makes me pray Ezenwa is fit. Watched Enyinmba last CCL and be was on bench duty however think he is better and more confident than Uzoho

Melu Melu Junior! Of course you think your townsman who was on bench duty, and whom you didnt see play is better and more confident than Uzoho. What is new??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thank God will know where you are coming from, so you cannot hide behind objectivity. Go and tell your thief townsman, Crooked Enyeama, that he should fook off and leave our team alone. You dont have to watch the world cup or support Nigeria, its not by force.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:23 pm 

I am not convinced with Ozoho. I think Ezenwa should start. All these spilling of the ball into the box 6 will cost us.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:29 am 

danfo driver wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

Melu Melu Junior! Of course you think your townsman who was on bench duty, and whom you didnt see play is better and more confident than Uzoho. What is new??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thank God will know where you are coming from, so you cannot hide behind objectivity. Go and tell your thief townsman, Crooked Enyeama, that he should fook off and leave our team alone. You dont have to watch the world cup or support Nigeria, its not by force.

Bros I am assuming one has to be over 13 to be on this site .
Wanted Enyeama because i felt he would add to the team . He was not picked and I trust Rohr judgement above my sentiments.
Go take your meds and look for something new. Your 15mins of fame is over.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:31 am 

imehjunior wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

Bros I am assuming one has to be over 13 to be on this site .
Wanted Enyeama because i felt he would add to the team . He was not picked and I trust Rohr judgement above my sentiments.
Go take your meds and look for something new. Your 15mins of fame is over.

Melu Melu Junior. That is NOT true. Your sole purpose to get Enyeama in the team was because he was your towns man. Are you done speaking your native tongue with Oblong Head? :rotf: :rotf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:44 am 

eyan wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Naija's three goalkeepers are better than 2014 and 2010. Inexperience or not. Additionally, they will get better. At least none of these will be overweight or tossing the ball into their own net. We'll take parrying.

The 3 of them are not fit to tie Ejide's shoe. Let's just wish them well.

:clap: Man the rubbish you read on this site.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:22 am 

Ezenwa should start. Uzoho lacks the confidence and command of a #1 goalkeeper. Seems that people want to shoehorn Uzoho into the starting spot just because he’s younger and has greater potential. This World Cup is too soon for him.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:57 am 

wey ejide sef ?

...Socrates

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:03 am 

Synopsis wrote:
Ezenwa should start. Uzoho lacks the confidence and command of a #1 goalkeeper. Seems that people want to shoehorn Uzoho into the starting spot just because he’s younger and has greater potential. This World Cup is too soon for him.

Ezenwa is being benched by Ghanaian Daudu at Enyimba . Though I believe he is the better of the 3.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:01 pm 

imehjunior wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Ezenwa is being benched by Ghanaian Daudu at Enyimba . Though I believe he is the better of the 3.

That line has been debunked over and over and you guys insists on using it. Ezenwa and Dauda rotates for starting berth.

Ezenwa or Ajiboye should start if healthy. Uzoho is too raw albeit with great upside. In a year or 2, Uzoho may be the undisputed #1. For this World Cup, Rohr should not take that risk as he will spill way too many balls in the path of atackers leading to unnecessary goals. The video and other videos clearly show this issue. Those errors will be cleared with experience and time is not on his side for cleaning up before the World Cup.

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:14 pm 

Cito wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

That line has been debunked over and over and you guys insists on using it. Ezenwa and Dauda rotates for starting berth.

Ezenwa or Ajiboye should start if healthy. Uzoho is too raw albeit with great upside. In a year or 2, Uzoho may be the undisputed #1. For this World Cup, Rohr should not take that risk as he will spill way too many balls in the path of atackers leading to unnecessary goals. The video and other videos clearly show this issue. Those errors will be cleared with experience and time is not on his side for cleaning up before the World Cup.
I am not sure that there is that much experience involved in ball handling by GKs. Maybe a little but not as much as you believe. Ball handling is as basic as ball control which is a fundamental skill every GK must learn.
I think where experience really counts is decision-making: positioning, judging flight of balls, deciding when to 'go' or when to stay, deciding where and how to get rid of a ball you cannot hold.....

Ezenwa gives me more worries on these aspects of his game that Uzoho....and that is scary!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:34 pm 

Damunk wrote:
Cito wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

I am not sure that there is that much experience involved in ball handling by GKs. Maybe a little but not as much as you believe. Ball handling is as basic as ball control which is a fundamental skill every GK must learn.
I think where experience really counts is decision-making: positioning, judging flight of balls, deciding when to 'go' or when to stay, deciding where and how to get rid of a ball you cannot hold.....

Ezenwa gives me more worries on these aspects of his game that Uzoho....and that is scary!

I agree with both Chief Cito and Oga Damunk in their views. In addition, the good thing is the coaches are seeing the goalkeepers in action more than we do; therefore, they will do the right thing by picking the correct keeper for our team.

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

Last edited by Odas on Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:47 pm 

Me thinks it will depend on who we play.
Denmark/Sweden/France: Uzoho (Lots of high ball)
Argentina/Croatia: Ezenwa or Ajiboye (Lots of low crosses even on set pieces)

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:09 pm 

In the 70' s and 80's Brazil goalkeepers were horrible. Leao and Waldir Perez to name a few. In the last twenty years, there's been a flood of 6' 4" goalies to Europe. The notable ones are

Dida (Inter)
Neto (Valencia)
Ederson (Man C)
Becker (Roma)

Are Brazilian goalkeepers physically better than Nigerian goalies? Why do many get an opportunity to play in Europe at an early age?
Uzoho, at least physically is the prototypical physique for a European D1 club. I cannot judge his decision making or footwork.
And please don't play the race card. Several that have featured in Europe are not white. Is it the same reason that European top clubs don't trust African central defenders? (They'll take plenty as wing backs though)

Anyone interested in a spirited conversation?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:28 pm 

Synopsis wrote:

It is 50/50 for me.

Both players shouldn't be Nigerian number 1.

Uzoho is technically good, but lacks experience.

Ezenwa is technically poor, but has played in several games for Nigeria.

Training and the next 3 friendlies will settle the competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:47 pm 

nzeogwu wrote:
Me thinks it will depend on who we play.
Denmark/Sweden/France: Uzoho (Lots of high ball)
Argentina/Croatia: Ezenwa or Ajiboye (Lots of low crosses even on set pieces)

So we should change goalies every game. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:40 pm 

Why not? How many of you remember England from 1978-80?
Game 1: Ray Clemence
Game 2: Peter Shilton
Game 3: Ray Clemence

Until they faced Austria and Krankl and Pezzei (RIP) settled matters 4-3.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 pm 

Men this Uzouho fear me oo!!!. Perhaps the ball is slippery. This is some scary stuff. If that video is a 2018 video then Ezenwa is number 1. Problem is he shows good decision, comes out to cover at the right time BUT you gotta to be able to hold on the ball. Those balls he spilled were freebies and trust coaches that do their homework. They've watched videos and will come prepared for freebie rebounds.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:53 pm 

Make im use glue jare

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:55 pm 

Really close one. I will still take Ozoho. Eznewa lacks international European experience and will make some comical errors and antics. I doubt his fitness and also not sure with his fake injuries time wasting antics. This will not work on the world stage.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:21 am 

walesvilla wrote:
Really close one. I will still take Ozoho. Eznewa lacks international European experience and will make some comical errors and antics. I doubt his fitness and also not sure with his fake injuries time wasting antics. This will not work on the world stage.

Which international European experience Vincent have when he kept against England in the WC (I remember, he kept against Inter Milanvs Enyimba, if my memory serves me right)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next