Onyekuru furious with Anderlecht for making him miss WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Onyekuru furious with Anderlecht for making him miss WC

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Everton winger Onyekuru angry with Anderlecht for making him miss out on Nigeria's World Cup squad - See more at: https://goo.gl/1KPzc4
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru furious with Anderlecht for making him miss WC

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Everton winger Onyekuru angry with Anderlecht for making him miss out on Nigeria's World Cup squad - See more at: https://goo.gl/1KPzc4
I am not clicking on that link.
Isn't there a rule against titles and links without a body of context? :twisted:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Everton winger Onyekuru angry with Anderlecht for making him miss out on Nigeria's World Cup squad - See more at: https://goo.gl/1KPzc4
Isn't there a rule against titles and links without a body of context? :twisted:
I think you might have that backwards. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Don’t blame me for Onyekuru’s dropping — Anderlecht coach

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/don ... cht-coach/
Don’t blame me for Onyekuru’s dropping — Anderlecht coach ON MAY 20, 20185:00 AMIN SPORTS3 COMMENTS Anderlecht coach Hein Vanhaeze brouck has responded to speculations that his reluctance to give Henry Onyekuru playing time after the player came back from injury was responsible for his dropping from the Super Eagles World Cup squad.

Onyekuru ‘’The player’s camp says he’s not at the World Cup because of us? It’s easy to say that it’s Anderlecht’s fault, but it’s been repeated how many times before his injury,’’ Vanhaezebrouck told reporters.

‘’I know Nigeria players who have a lot of caps and were not selected. Kara did not play a lot, but he was called up by Senegal because Henry has yet to prove anything with Nigeria and his non-selection is also linked to his injury.’’ Onyekuru played two reserve team matches against Standard Liege and Sporting Lokeren, and Vanhaezebrouck has explained further the Nigerian was afraid to tackle.

‘’He played half an hour then an hour with the reserves, we saw he’s not ready yet, he’s afraid to make tackles, everyone at the club has seen him,’’ added Vanhaezebrouck. Onyekuru missed training with a stomach flu this week and is doubtful to be named in the Anderlecht squad for their final game of the season against Genk on Sunday.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/don ... cht-coach/
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The guy is young he will likely have a shot at another World Cup, he should focus on his club game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

I don't know why he doesn't want to leave that club. He obviously has a bad relationship with the coach. So why remain there? I think not taking a player to the WC that had the most goals and assists in the league last season and on top of that was voted as one of the best young talents in the belgian league,is a big mistake from Rohr. Apart from that Rohrs team is spot on!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

maceo4 wrote:The guy is young he will likely have a shot at another World Cup, he should focus on his club game.
He should not play for Nigeria as long as Rohr remains the coach.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

gochino wrote:I don't know why he doesn't want to leave that club. He obviously has a bad relationship with the coach. So why remain there? I think not taking a player to the WC that had the most goals and assists in the league last season and on top of that was voted as one of the best young talents in the belgian league,is a big mistake from Rohr. Apart from that Rohrs team is spot on!

He wants to leave but Anderlecht and Everton want him to stay. he is on loan from Everton, his parent club.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Would have been crazy to select him so quickly after a major injury with limited playing time. One shares his frustration but I do not think his coach did anything wrong here.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
I don't know why the Mods are letting Ayo and Co. get away with this crap. If there is no rule to this type of thing or if the rule is NOT clear, then a rule should be written or made clear.

To me, for anyone or business to do what Ayo is doing, they should be paying some money to the CE.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

hestonap wrote:Would have been crazy to select him so quickly after a major injury with limited playing time. One shares his frustration but I do not think his coach did anything wrong here.
As always when things go wrong, in the heat of the moment fingers of accusation are pointed at all directions until the dust settles and reality sets-in.

As has been said by many people, not every Nigerian player is to make it to the World cup; therefore, for those who didn't, they just have to deal with it and move-on. Granted it hurts, but what can they do?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Your good reason below applied to Kanu and Amokachie taking spots for in-form strikers like Akgboborie and maybe Ohenhen. Kanu returning from a major heart surgery, and Amo obviously injured.

hestonap wrote:Would have been crazy to select him so quickly after a major injury with limited playing time. One shares his frustration but I do not think his coach did anything wrong here.
Goldenera94
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According to a CE, Rohr is a fool for making Onyekuru to miss the WC. However, Onyekuru himself is putting the blame on Anderlecht :???:
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

What has Onyekuru done in the natioal colors that justifies picking him after returning from a long injury lay-off?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The question is before his injury how much opportunity was he offered by the depraved fool in spite of his stellar performance . Mr Rohr didn't want him to expose his depravity and fecklessness . Musa, Kelechi and Simon were performing very poorly in their respective clubs he still gave them numerous opportunities to prove themselves . Nothing will ever convince me there is nothing insidious with Rohr's actions against Onyekuru . His actions are absolutely invidious and will surely his comeuppance from nemesis . Stupid foolish man.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

pajimoh wrote:What has Onyekuru done in the natioal colors that justifies picking him after returning from a long injury lay-off?
How much opportunity was he offered to justify his exclusion?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

bully12 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:What has Onyekuru done in the natioal colors that justifies picking him after returning from a long injury lay-off?
How much opportunity was he offered to justify his exclusion?
regardless of the opportunity, it's too late in the day to catch this flight. it's a list of 30 that would be whittled down to 23. He's an unknown in the national team. Better the devil you know....AFCON is around the corner, he can start from there
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Enough is enough with this stupid crook called bully12. When the draw was made for wcq you falsely predicted that rohr will fail against Cameroon because your client wasn’t called. He conquered those games and you weren’t man enough to admit your wrong. Now, your crooked #$% is predicting doom again and will most likely be proved wrong. Onyekuru was invited and played against torsica, Algeria and couldn’t do anything meaningful. So, WTF do you think that he has earned the right to walk into our team after World Cup?? Shameless crook the man is probably sponsoring you to promote him here
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
The question is before his injury how much opportunity was he offered by the depraved fool in spite of his stellar performance . Mr Rohr didn't want him to expose his depravity and fecklessness . Musa, Kelechi and Simon were performing very poorly in their respective clubs he still gave them numerous opportunities to prove themselves . Nothing will ever convince me there is nothing insidious with Rohr's actions against Onyekuru . His actions are absolutely invidious and will surely his comeuppance from nemesis . Stupid foolish man.
You seem to tick all the boxes quite easily. I am sure that if we did a survey of forumers' views on you, the results would be unequivocal. :D
PLEASE TICK AS APPROPRIATE.
Is bully 12:
1. A depraved fool [Check!]
2. A man of depravity and fecklessness [Check!!]
3. Stupid and foolish [Check!!!]
STOP LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You really have to be RETARDED, MAD, MENTAL, DELUSIONAL to think a player like onyekuru will walk into eagles team and bench proven boys that qualified for the World Cup. It’s either your integrity is compromised by MONEY, GIFTS, etc or you’re just a tribalist
Last edited by john12 on Mon May 21, 2018 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Enough is enough with this stupid crook called bully12. When the draw was made for wcq you falsely predicted that rohr will fail against Cameroon because your client wasn’t called. He conquered those games and you weren’t man enough to admit your wrong. Now, your crooked #$% is predicting doom again and will most likely be proved wrong. Onyekuru was invited and played against torsica, Algeria and couldn’t do anything meaningful. So, WTF do you think that he has earned the right to walk into our team after World Cup?? Shameless crook the man is probably sponsoring you to promote him here
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Meanwhile the man is old enough to be Onyekuru's grandfather!! :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, Onyekuru not being picked for camp was always predictable after his injury. It seemed thinly veiled that he was going to do whatever it took to make the World Cup. That is not bad but at times it appeared he was even willing to risk doing so with injury or not being fully fit. For me, he just needs to get a rest and be sure that he is FULLY FIT before playing for either club or country. A footballer's career is a very short one. Why take the risk of serious re-injury as seemed the case between the claim of whether surgery was needed or not just after he was injured? While I have no details of his injury, I also do not wish him to do things that an ruin his career. After all, even if he was fully fit, there was nothing to show that he would have made the World Cup 23. Just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The coach saying he was afraid to tackle is all I needed. That’s a short-1 player...he could look good offensively, but he will harm your team
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet