Okocha Inducted As German Bundesliga Legend

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Whatever that means.

I need independent verification of the induction. This Okocha guy will not kill us with all these self-awarded, self-aggrandizing awards.

Vanguard

http://allafrica.com/stories/201803040045.html

Former Super Eagles and Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder, Austin Jay-Jay Okocha has been named as one of the German Bundesliga legends as confirmed on the German league's official website.

The Nigerian joins Ghana legend and CAF deputy general secretary, Anthony Baffoe, in the 11-man legends network that will be flying the Bundesliga flag across the world.

"His sublime skills and tremendous tricks brought joy to fans of Eintracht Frankfurt and lit up Germany's top division for many years, and now it has been announced that footballing icon Jay-Jay Okocha is the latest star to join the Bundesliga Legends Network.

"The newest member of an elite group of former playing greats to become part of the illustrious Bundesliga Legends Network, Okocha set Germany's playing fields alight between 1992 and '96 when the Nigerian ace scored 18 goals and provided 13 assists in 90 memorable matches for the team known as The Eagles.

"Never to be forgotten among the sides he has represented, it is with warmth and delight that this footballing artist is remembered among the denizens of Eintracht while followers of the Bundesliga will forever continue to delight in the legend that is Jay-Jay Okocha. Welcome to the Bundesliga Legends Network," a Bundesliga statement reads.

The Bundesliga was bewildered by the quick feet, spellbinding step-overs, dream-like dribbles and eye-catching creativity of one of the developing stars, and characters, of the world game.

On August 31, 1993, Okocha combined all of the above traits to score one sensational goal that had beaten goalkeeper Oliver Kahn tweeting over 20 years later, "I'm still dizzy," even now.

Bundesliga giant Kahn entered folkloric status at Bayern Munich, but it was while at Karlsruhe that the highly decorated shot-stopper faced his Nigerian nemesis on a night when he, and several defenders, were left with a sense of motion sickness following Okocha's jaw-dropping exploits.

Following his spell in Germany, the attacking midfielder took his skills to Turkish team Fenerbahce, Paris Saint-German and Bolton Wanderers, among others.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okocha Inducted As German Bundesliga Legend

Post by pajimoh »

Closet Shriner. You've come to see the light. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Now that oyinbo have appointed him a Legend will the UBA now disband?! :taunt: Congrats to our guy! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:Now that oyinbo have appointed him a Legend will the UBA now disband?! :taunt: Congrats to our guy! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
But he has always been a legend. We have not disputed this fact. He is a legendary entertainer and dribbler.

The problem was when you pipul said he was better than Figo+Rivaldo+Zidane combined.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Now that oyinbo have appointed him a Legend will the UBA now disband?! :taunt: Congrats to our guy! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
But he has always been a legend. We have not disputed this fact. He is a legendary entertainer and dribbler.

The problem was when you pipul said he was better than Figo+Rivaldo+Zidane combined.
Definitely an incontrovertible fact he was just a fanciful dribbler that never yielded much of a positive result .Surely he had a mediocre career nothing very special or spectacular about it. Honestly I wonder why he is having all these adulations after his career is over. How come he was never noticed by any of the elite teams during his active days . Absolutely all these late accolades are definitely gratuitous surely unmerited
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

bully12 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Definitely an incontrovertible fact he was just a fanciful dribbler that never yielded much of a positive result .Surely he had a mediocre career nothing very special or spectacular about it. Honestly I wonder why he is having all these adulations after his career is over. How come he was never noticed by any of the elite teams during his active days . Absolutely all these late accolades are definitely gratuitous surely unmerited
Cellular, as you can see, bully12 agrees with you.

Think about it. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The Eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Uncle Bambully,

If I were you, I won't take this lying down. I would totally unload insults with big grammar on Theophilus Fanta for this unprovoked attack.

Not everyone is a FAN of the Atllogwu style of football, and others think Birds around the vicinity of stadia should be protected.
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

truetalk wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Uncle Bambully,

If I were you, I won't take this lying down. I would totally unload insults with big grammar on Theophilus Fanta for this unprovoked attack.

Not everyone is a FAN of the Atllogwu style of football, and others thinks Birds around the vicinity of stadia should be protected.
I feel you are trying to say something, but I have no idea what it is that you are trying to say.

My 2 kobo. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

bully12 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

So Bolton is not an elite team? :???:
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Cellular wrote:

Just like they said about Mikel Obi.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Nigerias most recognized legend!!
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

So OGA is now a national legend in Germany?? Anyway it's Germany, they don't know what a legendary footballer looks like, they only know dribblers and entertainers. Its not just Oliver Khan that is still dizzy, the entire country are still dizzy. If you don't believe me, wear your SE jersey with Okocha on it and step foot in Germany. Chai will we ever get another JJ? :cry:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

bully12 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

That's because you weren't paying attention. Take you pick, is it Pele, Sir Alex Ferguson or Mario Zagallo? Who do you want to listen to?? What about George Best or Ronaldinho? The adulations were there when he was playing, they keep coming now that he's retired and will continue to come even after the great man has had his long life and passes on.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS