Agents win one- Ajayi ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Agents win one- Ajayi ?

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
he should have common sense and wait for the list to be announced before he thanks the coach publicly.

I dont know the player very well, so I have no comment regarding his invitation. Good luck to him.

For those of us who have not followed his career, here is a video:

[/video]
'
Danfo driver,

Why should he wait for the public announcement, which is for fans like you and I? He gets, like other invitees, an NFF official letter of invitation prior to the public announcement. That letter is the authentic invitation and that is what he should go by and not the media report of some announcement that can have an error here and there.

BTW Stephen Eze reportedly (He has not confirmed it) also has been invited for the March friendlies.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
he should have common sense and wait for the list to be announced before he thanks the coach publicly.

I dont know the player very well, so I have no comment regarding his invitation. Good luck to him.

[/video]
'
Danfo driver,

Why should he wait for the public announcement, which is for fans like you and I? He gets, like other invitees, an NFF official letter of invitation prior to the public announcement. That letter is the authentic invitation and that is what he should go by and not the media report of some announcement that can have an error here and there.

BTW Stephen Eze reportedly (He has not confirmed it) also has been invited for the March friendlies.
The NFF publicly released a statement emphatically stating that everyone should wait until the official list is released on the 7th of Match. I suspect that he should listen to the NFF.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
'
Danfo driver,

The NFF publicly released a statement emphatically stating that everyone should wait until the official list is released on the 7th of Match. I suspect that he should listen to the NFF.
danfo driver,

NFF was talking about speculation in the media, which was rife (as is always the case in the Nigerian media) and not players acknowledging invitations. Those are two different things. I would not rip on a guy who is probably over the moon on getting a surprise call up with an opportunity to get to the World Cup. Perhaps, best for him to publicize it before some backdoor deal writes him off the invited list in the list shared with the media. :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver,

NFF was talking about speculation in the media, which was rife (as is always the case in the Nigerian media) and not players acknowledging invitations. Those are two different things. I would not rip on a guy who is probably over the moon on getting a surprise call up with an opportunity to get to the World Cup. Perhaps, best for him to publicize it before some backdoor deal writes him off the invited list in the list shared with the media. :rotf:
That one no go surprise me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

john12 wrote:If this is true then I will let rohr get a pass because he has performed tremendously good. Let’s be clear, Ajayi couldn’t even get into our U23 Olympics team but all of a sudden gate crash SE World Cup squad. Okay, but they will say that Agents has no power. I knew there was something fishy involved with ajayi when I saw various Nigerian websites praising him and touting him for world. I won’t say anything until I see the squad
If this true it is not looking good for your boy headless Chicken Musa.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
'
Danfo driver,

From this highlight it is absolutely waste of invitation . There is nothing special or spectacular about him. This really indicates Rohr is definitely worried about our strikers . I don't blame him they don't inspire any confidence at all. Well I hope recent invitations may assist to find a pancea to the dire and desperate situation .There is no question about it that goal keeping and striking positions are egregious quagmire that need to be seriously addressed for the team to have a commendable tournament
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I’m really disappointed with this callup knowing fully well that his not an upgrade to why we presently have however, I will give rohr the benefit of doubt because of his previous achievement for Us. Also, Musa position is already secured
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

My peeps, agents are at work and we have to be vigilant. A highly respected journalist like KOC, wrote an article about Ajayi on ESPN and embellished it. He wrote that Ajayi scored the 2 goals for Nigeria in the U23 CAN final against Algeria in Senegal. Why would such an experienced journalist distort facts? Etebo scored the 2 goals and Ajayi was benched for the final by Victor Osimhen.
I am happy
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Dammy wrote:My peeps, agents are at work and we have to be vigilant. A highly respected journalist like KOC, wrote an article about Ajayi on ESPN and embellished it. He wrote that Ajayi scored the 2 goals for Nigeria in the U23 CAN final against Algeria in Senegal. Why would such an experienced journalist distort facts? Etebo scored the 2 goals and Ajayi was benched for the final by Victor Osimhen.
Now that's a lie
Stop distorting facts
https://africanfootball.com/match/36423 ... lgeria-U23

Personally If Rohr is considering him for a wing forward position, I think Ajayi is surplus to requirements
although i dont know why this call up - if confirmed - is any more controversial than Nwakaeme , Onyekuru or Olanrewaju
But if he is considering him for the CF spot, i understand the call up as we lack a target man and he has played that role in the past
The real scandal is the non-inclusion of Sadiq Umar who was the best U23 striker we had at the olympics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote:My peeps, agents are at work and we have to be vigilant. A highly respected journalist like KOC, wrote an article about Ajayi on ESPN and embellished it. He wrote that Ajayi scored the 2 goals for Nigeria in the U23 CAN final against Algeria in Senegal. Why would such an experienced journalist distort facts? Etebo scored the 2 goals and Ajayi was benched for the final by Victor Osimhen.

Dammy,

I suggest that you go back and reread KOC's article. He referred to Ajayi scoring two goals in the tournament which helped Nigeria emerge as champions. Nothing more.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

smartbrother wrote:
Now that's a lie
Stop distorting facts

Personally If Rohr is considering him for a wing forward position, I think Ajayi is surplus to requirements
although i dont know why this call up - if confirmed - is any more controversial than Nwakaeme , Onyekuru or Olanrewaju
But if he is considering him for the CF spot, i understand the call up as we lack a target man and he has played that role in the past
The real scandal is the non-inclusion of Sadiq Umar who was the best U23 striker we had at the olympics
My mistake, it was Awoniyi that lost his place to Osimhen.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mystic wrote:

Dammy,

I suggest that you go back and reread KOC's article. He referred to Ajayi scoring two goals in the tournament which helped Nigeria emerge as champions. Nothing more.
Mystic, you are probably right. This agency business is making one unusually suspicious. :laugh:
I am happy
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Dammy wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Now that's a lie
Stop distorting facts

My mistake, it was Awoniyi that lost his place to Osimhen.
:thumb: well done for admitting to your mistake
I'm fairly certain awoniyi got injured during that tournament
http://www.wolexis.com/2015/12/u23-afco ... erias.html
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Although I do not think he will make the World Cup squad, here are things to think about.
1. I believe Nigeria needs three players that play in the most advanced position. Currently there are only two for sure - Iheanacho and Ighalo. Ajayi and Okechukwu may be vying for that third spot. There could be others called up if both fail.
2. Just looking at highlights, this guy is more thoughtful in his finishing than Nwakaeme. Watch those highlights again. Admittedly this isn't a full game but he is not just bombing shots at the goalie.
3.Does he deserve a call up? Yes. This clearly has done very well with Ashly (top African team) that he was recently voted into Africa's xi in a CAF event. He surely deserves an invitation. What he does afterwards is then up to him.

Also, why is the Olympics of two years ago (!!) used as barometer for a 2018 call up? Can someone explain why that is suddenly more relevant than what a player has done more recently. Has Ajayi been injured since 2016?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Seen this guy several times.

Plus: Hardworking, good hold up play, decent finisher
Minus: Lacks pace, disappears in games, cannot create his chances by beating one or two players

To me he is a poor man's Iheanacho. I'd prefer to have a speedster like Kayode or Onyekuru
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

john12 wrote:I’m really disappointed with this callup knowing fully well that his not an upgrade to why we presently have however, I will give rohr the benefit of doubt because of his previous achievement for Us. Also, Musa position is already secured
Jonny there is no need to sweat over it. The call up has been earnt on merit. These are what friendlies are for, to try out players and build squad depth. If Nacho picks up an injury, all be are left with leading the line is Ighalo (note brown, Osimhen etc) are not definate starters.

It’s down to Junior to outshine the current options. If he does, then fair play..
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:
Now that's a lie
Stop distorting facts

How many goals has Ajayi scored this season?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
john12 wrote:I’m really disappointed with this callup knowing fully well that his not an upgrade to why we presently have however, I will give rohr the benefit of doubt because of his previous achievement for Us. Also, Musa position is already secured
Jonny there is no need to sweat over it. The call up has been earnt on merit. These are what friendlies are for, to try out players and build squad depth. If Nacho picks up an injury, all be are left with leading the line is Ighalo (note brown, Osimhen etc) are not definate starters.

It’s down to Junior to outshine the current options. If he does, then fair play..
Kpom Kwem! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Now that's a lie
Stop distorting facts

8 goals, 9 Assists according to Transfermarkt
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Now that's a lie
Stop distorting facts

8 goals, 9 Assists according to Transfermarkt
Okay, thanks. Saw a Youtube video that said he has scored 20. I was shocked!

8 goals and 9 Assists from the wings is very good. Especially the Assist. It shows a striker who can create chances. I will look out for him in these games. :clap:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nothing wrong with the invite.

He seems to know the location of the net. So not bad.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

bad belle people want to spoil my business
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Ajayi would be competing with Ideye, Gabriel Okechukwu and Umar Sadiq for just one available striker slot in the SE 23 man WC squad..
afc##