Can This Be True?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Can This Be True?

Post by Senator WIRES »

Cllr. Jack Duffin :lol:
@JackDuffin
Ref. booked Sanchez Watt for kicking the ball away. Asked him 3 times what his name was, replied three times "what?" Booked him for dissent, then sent him off. called the captain over who explained his name was actually Watt, then reversed the decision.
Unbelievable scenes! :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Next
Egg
Egg
Re: Can This Be True?

Post by Next »

Senator WIRES wrote:Cllr. Jack Duffin :lol:
@JackDuffin
Ref. booked Sanchez Watt for kicking the ball away. Asked him 3 times what his name was, replied three times "what?" Booked him for dissent, then sent him off. called the captain over who explained his name was actually Watt, then reversed the decision.
Unbelievable scenes! :lol: :lol:

Don't they have names written on their Jerseys or Kit-Nrs. which can also be used to verify their names?
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I have issues with Refs who card for dissent. It just smacks of arrogance and a person who lacks the temperament for the game. Look at PSG v RM-- Veratti's sending off. That just showed me a ref who lacks temperament. PSG is 4-1 down in the tie, they are int he second half and are in desperate need of a goal. Veratti feels he has been brought down and does not get a free kick. how did the ref expect him to react?? Does the ref know anything about emotions? or are they just trying to take the emotion/passion out of the game?

Messi once said it, these refs are arrogant.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:I have issues with Refs who card for dissent. It just smacks of arrogance and a person who lacks the temperament for the game. Look at PSG v RM-- Veratti's sending off. That just showed me a ref who lacks temperament. PSG is 4-1 down in the tie, they are int he second half and are in desperate need of a goal. Veratti feels he has been brought down and does not get a free kick. how did the ref expect him to react?? Does the ref know anything about emotions? or are they just trying to take the emotion/passion out of the game?

Eya sorry. The world doesn't revolve around you , your juvenile temperament and your "emotions"

Go and cry a river on the bench. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Aponchi.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

danfo driver wrote:I have issues with Refs who card for dissent. It just smacks of arrogance and a person who lacks the temperament for the game. Look at PSG v RM-- Veratti's sending off. That just showed me a ref who lacks temperament. PSG is 4-1 down in the tie, they are int he second half and are in desperate need of a goal. Veratti feels he has been brought down and does not get a free kick. how did the ref expect him to react?? Does the ref know anything about emotions? or are they just trying to take the emotion/passion out of the game?

I think they don't do it enough.

IFAB is even thinking of passing a rule that only a captain can talk to the refs because the most refs let players surround them willy nilly.

If the refs gave half of them yellow cards, there would be no need for a new rule.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I actually think that on average, Refs are pretty tame with dissent. How many players do you actually see get sent off for dissent?? Compare that to the players I have seen swear at referees, and I would say, Refs exhibit decent self control
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Look at Ameobis red card the gus came out and was given a red card by ref
Oya back to the matter
open and close