Rohr invites Mikel, Onazi, Moses, 25 others for Poland, Serb

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr invites Mikel, Onazi, Moses, 25 others for Poland,

Post by Obong »

Odas wrote:The truth is, we have a goalkeeper problem. Everyone of us want your team - the Super-eagles - to do well in the World cup (WC) tournament. Certainly (to confess or admit), even I who took a STONE or ROCK hard position against Enyeama has softened it, but if Enyeama is invited, can he do better than the keepers we have currently? Well, regardless what any of us might say and as said several times by bros - Danfo Driver - it's all up to the coaches. They have the power, not any of us here.

May we go far in the WC tournament
Odas, this must rate as your most poignant post on this forum, and I salute you. It takes a man of conviction to change or alter a position after reasoned analysis. Rather than view my preference for inviting Enyeama from primordial tribal lenses like some have, the truth is that we likely have a goalkeeping problem and it wouldn't have hurt to invite Enyeama(with his vast experience and record) to try him out in the most important position on the team. He had rescinded his retirement last October and returned to playing in November (for the reserve team). We've seen clips of him in training and can deduce he's back to full fitness. I, like everyone here, want the Super Eagles to succeed in Russia (at least a quarter-final berth). It would hurt if the goalkeeping position ends up being our Achilles heel. At the same time, I'm also rooting for Ezenwa and the young Uzoho. Maybe, just maybe, they can actually step up despite the odds. We're Nigerians and the teams victory is our collective victory.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:The truth is, we have a goalkeeper problem. Everyone of us want your team - the Super-eagles - to do well in the World cup (WC) tournament. Certainly (to confess or admit), even I who took a STONE or ROCK hard position against Enyeama has softened it, but if Enyeama is invited, can he do better than the keepers we have currently? Well, regardless what any of us might say and as said several times by bros - Danfo Driver - it's all up to the coaches. They have the power, not any of us here.

Good reason always triumphs in the end.
Recognising we have a problem is the first step.
What we do about it is what some of you have been so headstrong about.
All the accusations of tribalism and agents were simply dodging the issue which you have finally agreed is worrying.
E remain for our danfo driver to see road. :D

It was never about me "seeing road." Funny enough 4 months ago, YOU asked me my position, and I made it clear. Unfortunately, your hidden agenda clouds your memory.

What certain people want is for us to sacrifice our integrity and our preparation for a crook! I will never accept that. Enyeama was asked to go and find a club. He didnt! We will NOT use our preparation to give him fitness! Never! i dont care who he has bribed, or who he is sleeping with, we will not do that. That is asinine and downright imbecility! What sort of nonsense is that?! Is he the father of Nigeria?? Musa went back to Russia to get playing time! That is a player who respects Nigeria. Nonsense!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

I cannot believe my eyes. Call it punching above your weight class!! Naija should be playing Togo, Benin, Upper Volta and Senegambia !! Or even Kenya, Uganda or Sudan!! Not Poland, Serbia or any country in Europe!!
Terrible mess!! We cannot wait for Russia 2018 for some teams to be exposed.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

My thing is this......

When the whole saga with Oliseh happened, Enyeama was at his peak with Lille. The SE was almost a nuisance to him. He did not take well to Oliseh's perceived disrespect of him and he walked away from the team. If the story is right, Pinnick went to beg him and he still refused.

I find it very rich of him to even think he should be in consideration right now. The obvious thing to do was to prove himself and his fitness by going on loan pre WC. For whatever reason, he chose instagram as his way of showing his readiness and apparently is now passing through higher channels to come back. It is obvious a WC will raise his profile from his current state of training alone.

I think we need to move on without him and rest our luck on what we have (minus Akpeyi sha).
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:My thing is this......

When the whole saga with Oliseh happened, Enyeama was at his peak with Lille. The SE was almost a nuisance to him. He did not take well to Oliseh's perceived disrespect of him and he walked away from the team. If the story is right, Pinnick went to beg him and he still refused.

I find it very rich of him to even think he should be in consideration right now. The obvious thing to do was to prove himself and his fitness by going on loan pre WC. For whatever reason, he chose instagram as his way of showing his readiness and apparently is now passing through higher channels to come back. It is obvious a WC will raise his profile from his current state of training alone.

I think we need to move on without him and rest our luck on what we have (minus Akpeyi sha).
Enomwanren, I thought I was losing my mind. smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:

All the accusations of tribalism and agents were simply dodging the issue which you have finally agreed is worrying.
Chief, abeg make I corse you smol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Leave my bros - Danfor driver - alone. He is of the same position as me, but the pushing of Enyeama to come back into the team created the resistance for many of us.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote:I find it very rich of him to even think he should be in consideration right now.
Pray-tell, how do you know what Enyeama thinks? He's never once spoken about coming back for this world cup, NOT once, so I'm really curious...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

1naija wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:This thread has become a NONSENSE thread. All those that want to yan better about the teamlist should kindly move to Mystic's thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286750.

Only matured and straight people allowed, please!

Chei Agents don vex comot for this thread go agents friendly thread.... :taunt:

Agent ke? Even if i be agent, of what use would be this useless thread be to my business?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Obong wrote:

Odas, this must rate as your most poignant post on this forum, and I salute you. It takes a man of conviction to change or alter a position after reasoned analysis.[/size] Rather than view my preference for inviting Enyeama from primordial tribal lenses like some have, the truth is that we likely have a goalkeeping problem and it wouldn't have hurt to invite Enyeama(with his vast experience and record) to try him out in the most important position on the team. He had rescinded his retirement last October and returned to playing in November (for the reserve team). We've seen clips of him in training and can deduce he's back to full fitness. I, like everyone here, want the Super Eagles to succeed in Russia (at least a quarter-final berth). It would hurt if the goalkeeping position ends up being our Achilles heel. At the same time, I'm also rooting for Ezenwa and the young Uzoho. Maybe, just maybe, they can actually step up despite the odds. We're Nigerians and the teams victory is our collective victory.
Thanks for the commendation. I really appreciate your choice of words and sentences in your response to me. Like I said, bros 'Danfo Driver' is of the same position like me. The only thing is people are making him stick to his position. He knows we have a problem in the goalkeeping department and all hands are needed for us to be successful in Russia. Let's stop all the arguments and hope for the best. If the coaches think Enyeama will help, then so be it. Only the coaches know better
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wale1974 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:No Ifeanyi Mathew, Samuel Eduok, Peter Olayinka, Samuel Kalu,
Ebere Paul Onuachu and Taiwo Awoniyi but good list regardless.
Apart from Awoniyi, no other player on that list has done jack to deserve a call up, this is world cup we are talking about not Afcon
:source: :source: :source: :source: :source:
I was going to interject before I saw Tobi's post, and he is right...

Apart from Mathew who I have not seen play lately, I have personally watched the rest and they are largely average. Kalu has promise and perhaps the best upside, but at this point he is irritatingly inconsistent and remains a veritable Turnover Machine.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

DAgrin wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Uche agbo is a bit of a head scratcher for me though, would have loved to see Azubuike Okechukwu selected but I guess that's a far reaching hope at these point... also seems Mikel Agu isn't very much in the picture any more, except he is injured.
What speaks for Ache Agbo is his versatility.
He can play DM and CD. It means Rohr can do without a 4th CD and fill the gap with Uche Agbo if needed.
Bros, Agbo "can play" CD in much the same manner as Maceo can... :D
He can physically do it, but largely SUCKS at it.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:

It was never about me "seeing road." Funny enough 4 months ago, YOU asked me my position, and I made it clear. Unfortunately, your hidden agenda clouds your memory.
Like I said before, this is where you yamayama your own argument.
That you continue to spew this kind of nonsense after seeming to have actually thought about it is baffling but ultimately very funny.
Seriously....you actively believe this? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pls tell us you're joking.

What certain people want is for us to sacrifice our integrity and our preparation for a crook! I will never accept that. Enyeama was asked to go and find a club. He didnt! We will NOT use our preparation to give him fitness! Never! i dont care who he has bribed, or who he is sleeping with, we will not do that. That is asinine and downright imbecility! What sort of nonsense is that?! Is he the father of Nigeria?? Musa went back to Russia to get playing time! That is a player who respects Nigeria. Nonsense!
I get the passion.
What I don't get is the sudden loss of logical argument.
I've seen it in religion and politics.
But football too? :shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Obong wrote:

Odas, this must rate as your most poignant post on this forum, and I salute you. It takes a man of conviction to change or alter a position after reasoned analysis. Rather than view my preference for inviting Enyeama from primordial tribal lenses like some have, the truth is that we likely have a goalkeeping problem and it wouldn't have hurt to invite Enyeama(with his vast experience and record) to try him out in the most important position on the team. He had rescinded his retirement last October and returned to playing in November (for the reserve team). We've seen clips of him in training and can deduce he's back to full fitness. I, like everyone here, want the Super Eagles to succeed in Russia (at least a quarter-final berth). It would hurt if the goalkeeping position ends up being our Achilles heel. At the same time, I'm also rooting for Ezenwa and the young Uzoho. Maybe, just maybe, they can actually step up despite the odds. We're Nigerians and the teams victory is our collective victory.
Two things, first being "fit" is a far cry from being "game fit". The latter only comes with meaningful games that matter. Also, some of those instagram videos are inconclusive and a couple has showed him get up from the ground in a labored manner.

Second, the problem with the highlighted is that he was invited back by Rohr initially and refused to come back.
“Enyeama is not playing at the moment and somebody who is not playing cannot come to the national team. In the beginning, I wanted him but he didn’t come because of the issues in the past so its unlikely if he will return to the team” Rohr said.
http://aoifootball.com/2018/03/06/eagle ... says-rohr/

What message would Rohr be sending to his young team without any high profile stars that works hard for one another if he accords preferential treatment to a player who is not playing consistent football. That has always been Rohr's rule, play and you will be considered. I am about the biggest Vinsanity fan there is, but he has to do more to force his way onto the squad this late in the game. He has to publicly perform in such a way that the clamor to include him will justify a waiver of the rules and force Rohr's hand. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet, and time is running out.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

About right for a friendly.

Uzoho
Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Aina
Ndidi, Mikel, Onazi
Iwobi, Ighalo, V Moses
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

ohenhen1 wrote:About right for a friendly.

Uzoho
Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Aina
Ndidi, Mikel, Onazi
Iwobi, Ighalo, V Moses
I was thinking the same thing, but would like to see what Ebuehi can do from the get go.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Obong wrote:

Two things, first being "fit" is a far cry from being "game fit". The latter only comes with meaningful games that matter. Also, some of those instagram videos are inconclusive and a couple has showed him get up from the ground in a labored manner.

Second, the problem with the highlighted is that he was invited back by Rohr initially and refused to come back.
“Enyeama is not playing at the moment and somebody who is not playing cannot come to the national team. In the beginning, I wanted him but he didn’t come because of the issues in the past so its unlikely if he will return to the team” Rohr said.
http://aoifootball.com/2018/03/06/eagle ... says-rohr/

What message would Rohr be sending to his young team without any high profile stars that works hard for one another if he accords preferential treatment to a player who is not playing consistent football. That has always been Rohr's rule, play and you will be considered. I am about the biggest Vinsanity fan there is, but he has to do more to force his way onto the squad this late in the game. He has to publicly perform in such a way that the clamor to include him will justify a waiver of the rules and force Rohr's hand. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet, and time is running out.
KPOM! We also don’t even know if dude is interested in coming back, but it would take some Herculean effort for him to get PT at his club, talk less of coming back to SE.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

You guys like to over-complicate things sha. We have a goal-keeping problem,so If Enyeama is fit, he must be invited to see if he is better than the options we have. If we did not have a goal-keeping problem, then I will be on the side of those opposed to inviting Enyeama.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Enyeama publicly resigned from the team and has to publicly come out of retirement to be considered. How many times are we going to keep saying the same thing?? Sheesh! No one is bigger than Nigeria. Not me, you, Enyeama or anyone else. Anyone and everyone is replaceable
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

john12 wrote:Enyeama publicly resigned from the team and has to publicly come out of retirement to be considered. How many times are we going to keep saying the same thing?? Sheesh! No one is bigger than Nigeria. Not me, you, Enyeama or anyone else. Anyone and everyone is replaceable
john12,

Enyeama had agreed to return to the team since last year. That is why he and Rohr have been communicating.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Obong wrote:
john12 wrote:Enyeama publicly resigned from the team and has to publicly come out of retirement to be considered. How many times are we going to keep saying the same thing?? Sheesh! No one is bigger than Nigeria. Not me, you, Enyeama or anyone else. Anyone and everyone is replaceable
john12,

Enyeama had agreed to return to the team since last year. That is why he and Rohr have been communicating.
This is what I don't understand. How many of you have seen Enyeama play in the past 12 months? How many of you have read a report of his games? How many times has he been on the bench for his club?

How many times has he showed up in camp for the SE in the past year?

If desperation makes you break your own rules then you have no rules.
That's why Nigeria is what Trump calls it. There's always a reason to ignore rules and it seems OK in our eyes because we can justify it.

What would the successful football nations do with a player that resigned publicly, not played for his club for over a year?

Even if it means getting knocked out in the group stage, I'd stick to the rule. I'm so appalled at the "success" at all cost of some here. The funny thing is Enyeama inclusion doesn't even guarantee success. He's been inactive, he's likely to cause friction in the ranks.

The SE doesn't belong to Rohr or the NFF. If Vincent can retire publicly then he should un-retire himself publicly and follow the same rule for consideration as a potential player.

Enough of this nonsense about we don't have a keeper. If Vincent breaks a leg tomorrow, what then?
Abeg no more of this Enyeama nonsense
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rohr na wicked man!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He has decimated this people. some of them are insisting the crook has never said he wants to go to world cup! The others are claiming the crook has called off resignation and is having high level talks inside the gutter (where he belongs). Cheii!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank God for Rohr o! :thumbs:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:
john12,

This is what I don't understand. How many of you have seen Enyeama play in the past 12 months? How many of you have read a report of his games? How many times has he been on the bench for his club?

How many times has he showed up in camp for the SE in the past year?

If desperation makes you break your own rules then you have no rules.
That's why Nigeria is what Trump calls it. There's always a reason to ignore rules and it seems OK in our eyes because we can justify it.

What would the successful football nations do with a player that resigned publicly, not played for his club for over a year?

Even if it means getting knocked out in the group stage, I'd stick to the rule. I'm so appalled at the "success" at all cost of some here. The funny thing is Enyeama inclusion doesn't even guarantee success. He's been inactive, he's likely to cause friction in the ranks.

The SE doesn't belong to Rohr or the NFF. If Vincent can retire publicly then he should un-retire himself publicly and follow the same rule for consideration as a potential player.

Enough of this nonsense about we don't have a keeper. If Vincent breaks a leg tomorrow, what then?
Abeg no more of this Enyeama nonsense
:agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: Let's STOP the argument. Let's allow the coaches do their job. I am sure they know what they are doing.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

pajimoh wrote:If Vincent breaks a leg tomorrow, what then?
If Uzoho and Ezenwa break their legs, and Akpeyi catches a cold, what then? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.