WHY Mikel Agu was not on the list.........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
WHY Mikel Agu was not on the list.........

Post by Enugu II »

Real Reason Why Bursaspor Midfielder Mikel Agu Was Left Out Of Super Eagles Squad For March Friendlies
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/07/re ... riendlies/
March 7, 2018054

One name‎ conspicuously missing from the list of players released by coach Gernot Rohr is Mikel Agu, the Bursaspor midfielder who has found favour in the eyes of the Franco-German coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

The omission of his name from the list released earlier today for upcoming friendly games against Poland and Serbia respectively left many in shock, as he hasn’t done badly at his Turkish side Bursaspor.

Agu who is on loan to the modest Turkish side from Portuguese giants FC Porto, has been ever present for the coach Paul Le Guen tutored side. A fact which makes his omission more confusing to followers of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively report that visa issues made Rohr to remove him from the list of players called up for the friendly games later in the month. A situation which one of his representatives explained to us in a phone conversation.

” Agu got his invitation last week. But his passport is due to expire in less than six months time. Hence he is ineligible for a visa to travel for England, where the game against Serbia will be taking place”, the source told Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive chat.

” He ( Agu) has applied for a renewal of his passport and hopefully he will be around when the next set of games comes around. Maybe he should have renewed it earlier but in life we all can’t be perfect in decision making “, he concluded.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
osita
Egg
Egg
Re: WHY Mikel Agu was not on the list.........

Post by osita »

If Joel shines , he is out
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

osita wrote:If Joel shines , he is out
John Ogu could be the one, Rohr is clearly fond of Agu. I don’t see him getting dropped.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
John Ogu could be the one, Rohr is clearly fond of Agu. I don’t see him getting dropped.
Did Mikel Agu hire your services already?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I don't understand the reason. So you can't get Visa to travel to England if your passport is within 6 months of expiring? Or am I missing something in the explanation?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote:I don't understand the reason. So you can't get Visa to travel to England if your passport is within 6 months of expiring? Or am I missing something in the explanation?
1naija,

No be only you ooo! How about the travel to Wroclaw?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

1naija wrote:I don't understand the reason. So you can't get Visa to travel to England if your passport is within 6 months of expiring? Or am I missing something in the explanation?

I think that's right. Quite a few countries require the Nigerian passport to be further than 6 months from expiry.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Enugu II wrote:
1naija,

Well I don't believe that . Last December my Nigeria passport was to expire by January 7th I still travelled with it through Germany. Nobody questioned me about it in Europe , only in Nigeria one of the immigration officers reminded me my passport expiration was imminent . Though I have my US. Passport which I never brought out on my way to Nigeria
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bully12 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
1naija,

Well I don't believe that . Last December my Nigeria passport was to expire by January 7th I still travelled with it through Germany. Nobody questioned me about it in Europe , only in Nigeria one of the immigration officers reminded me my passport expiration was imminent . Though I have my US. Passport which I never brought out on my way to Nigeria
When did you apply for the Visa? Or did you already have a visa?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk, how far? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I found this on the GOV.UK website regarding visitor Visa. No mention of Visa being valid more than 6 months before date of visit.

Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide a current passport or other valid travel identification.

You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa. Your passport must be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK.

However I found this requirement for Visiting the US.
A passport or other travel document: Your passport or travel document must be valid for at least six months beyond your stay in the United States and contain at least one blank page. The six-month requirement does not apply to United Kingdom passports
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

A professional football player that criss crosses countries to play football allows his passport expire within 6 months with the WC and preparations looming. Not a good thing.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

felarey wrote:A professional football player that criss crosses countries to play football allows his passport expire within 6 months with the WC and preparations looming. Not a good thing.
Yup. And SE's have had passport issues in the past. There has to be a protocol officer for the SE who handles these things.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

felarey wrote:A professional football player that criss crosses countries to play football allows his passport expire within 6 months with the WC and preparations looming. Not a good thing.
I think his agent is blowing smoke up his you know what to explain why he couldn't get him called up.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
He damn sure wouldn’t hire you, abi what’s your track record? I single handedly got Joel Obi back into SE, ME! What have you done for SE?! :taunt: :winking:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:I single handedly got Joel Obi back into SE, ME! What have you done for SE?! :taunt: :winking:
I have receipts which show otherwise. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:I single handedly got Joel Obi back into SE, ME! What have you done for SE?! :taunt: :winking:
This guy, receipts can be easily forged.. :tic: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Euro bank transfers cannot. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Euro bank transfers cannot. :D
Let me find out this boy has been doing us ‘double agent’ this whole time :curse:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

platinum wrote:
I think that's right. Quite a few countries require the Nigerian passport to be further than 6 months from expiry.
Not just a Nigerian passport, but for ALL passports...
Many countries (including all of the GCC countries) require at least 6 months validity for a visa.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

I don't think Joel needs to shine for Agu to get dropped.
German coaches don't like this kind of lacking professionalism.
Rohr won't like that and plan without him.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
platinum wrote:
Not just a Nigerian passport, but for ALL passports...
Many countries (including all of the GCC countries) require at least 6 months validity for a visa.
Uncle Gotti, but the UK visa requirement I posted above does not state 6 months validity requirement like the US visa requirement expressly stated. So, I still don't buy his explanation.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My tots exactly