Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7325
Gosh! Your arguments are just all over the place.
1. I asked for stats (i.e. credible proof) that according to you, he was still on the LOSC Lille Squad. You showed me clippings from Complete sports, Daily Post, ESPN and Wikipedia - all of which are not official media sources for LOSC Lille). You are yet to prove that Enyeama is still a member of the squad.
2. Training with which first team? Fact is all you and his other disciples have inundated this site with is video clips of him training somewhere with very few people around. Typically, when we've seen videos/pictures of people training with the first team, there is indisputable evidence that they actually did. As far as I am concerned, the clips you showed could have been staged.
3. Isn't it odd to you that even though Bielsa left, there has still not been an official announcement from LOSC Lille stating Enyeama has been added back to the main squad?
4. The example of "Trail" players was given to show you that there are some instances where you can play for a club in unregulated games and still NOT be a member of the squad. His exploits with the U18 team is clearly such an example (At 35+, it is obviously dude is certainly NOT U18).
5. Your argument about Musa and Leicester is ridiculous. Musa was (and still is) a squad member of Leicester (he was loaned to CSKA Moscow) who was seconded to their B team. He played several games with them but was still on the Leicester squad. Same can't be said about Enyeama.

I know you and others here want Enyeama back at all costs, but this is really getting ridiculous. Let the coach pick his squad. Trying to superimpose Enyeama on everyone here is really becoming irritating, to say the least!
maceo4 wrote:
If your mind is made up about the situation of another man then why are you asking for links/proof? I provided links you still want to believe what you want to believe, so good for you, but stop trying to push your opinion as fact. Enyeama himself said on Twitter he was back training with the first team (including posting videos of him training). I posted a quote from a Lille rep explaining why he was let back into training with the first team. The coach that called him surplus is also gone, but believe what you want. If you think you can just wake up and say you are playing for Lille’s youth team and they will just allow you then fine, go and try and see. I guess when Musa was playing with the U-23 team he must have been on trial with Leicester. I wonder how you can be on trail when you actually have a contract with the team.

Anyways to me he would need to play get a chance with SE, so until he gets some I’m not expecting him near the SE.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 8907
See finishing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Otitokoro wrote:
Gosh! Your arguments are just all over the place.
1. I asked for stats (i.e. credible proof) that according to you, he was still on the LOSC Lille Squad. You showed me clippings from Complete sports, Daily Post, ESPN and Wikipedia - all of which are not official media sources for LOSC Lille). You are yet to prove that Enyeama is still a member of the squad.
2. Training with which first team? Fact is all you and his other disciples have inundated this site with is video clips of him training somewhere with very few people around. Typically, when we've seen videos/pictures of people training with the first team, there is indisputable evidence that they actually did. As far as I am concerned, the clips you showed could have been staged.
3. Isn't it odd to you that even though Bielsa left, there has still not been an official announcement from LOSC Lille stating Enyeama has been added back to the main squad?
4. The example of "Trail" players was given to show you that there are some instances where you can play for a club in unregulated games and still NOT be a member of the squad. His exploits with the U18 team is clearly such an example (At 35+, it is obviously dude is certainly NOT U18).
5. Your argument about Musa and Leicester is ridiculous. Musa was (and still is) a squad member of Leicester (he was loaned to CSKA Moscow) who was seconded to their B team. He played several games with them but was still on the Leicester squad. Same can't be said about Enyeama.

I know you and others here want Enyeama back at all costs, but this is really getting ridiculous. Let the coach pick his squad. Trying to superimpose Enyeama on everyone here is really becoming irritating, to say the least!
maceo4 wrote:
If your mind is made up about the situation of another man then why are you asking for links/proof? I provided links you still want to believe what you want to believe, so good for you, but stop trying to push your opinion as fact. Enyeama himself said on Twitter he was back training with the first team (including posting videos of him training). I posted a quote from a Lille rep explaining why he was let back into training with the first team. The coach that called him surplus is also gone, but believe what you want. If you think you can just wake up and say you are playing for Lille’s youth team and they will just allow you then fine, go and try and see. I guess when Musa was playing with the U-23 team he must have been on trial with Leicester. I wonder how you can be on trail when you actually have a contract with the team.

Anyways to me he would need to play get a chance with SE, so until he gets some I’m not expecting him near the SE.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 5109
Enyeama.... :D


maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Which club is that?
Contrary to what some have been saying on this forum, he is NOT on the [url=https://www.losc.fr/saison-football/equipe-



pro/equipe]LOSC Lille squad list for 2017/2018[/url].
Which match did he play in December? Please publish the match statistics for all here.
maceo4 wrote:
Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.


Who do you think he was training with in his twitter posts?

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/26/lille-re ... -training/

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng ... lille/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... rates/amp/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14106
Otitokoro wrote:
Your argument about Musa and Leicester is ridiculous. Musa was (and still is) a squad member of Leicester (he was loaned to CSKA Moscow) who was seconded to their B team. He played several games with them but was still on the Leicester squad. Same can't be said about Enyeama.

He only played about three reserve games, but the rest of your post is valid.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7325
You correction is duly noted.
The YeyeMan wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Your argument about Musa and Leicester is ridiculous. Musa was (and still is) a squad member of Leicester (he was loaned to CSKA Moscow) who was seconded to their B team. He played several games with them but was still on the Leicester squad. Same can't be said about Enyeama.

He only played about three reserve games, but the rest of your post is valid.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14106
Otitokoro wrote:
You correction is duly noted.
The YeyeMan wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Your argument about Musa and Leicester is ridiculous. Musa was (and still is) a squad member of Leicester (he was loaned to CSKA Moscow) who was seconded to their B team. He played several games with them but was still on the Leicester squad. Same can't be said about Enyeama.

He only played about three reserve games, but the rest of your post is valid.

Thank you, sir.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 35346
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Otitokoro wrote:
Gosh! Your arguments are just all over the place.
1. I asked for stats (i.e. credible proof) that according to you, he was still on the LOSC Lille Squad. You showed me clippings from Complete sports, Daily Post, ESPN and Wikipedia - all of which are not official media sources for LOSC Lille). You are yet to prove that Enyeama is still a member of the squad.
2. Training with which first team? Fact is all you and his other disciples have inundated this site with is video clips of him training somewhere with very few people around. Typically, when we've seen videos/pictures of people training with the first team, there is indisputable evidence that they actually did. As far as I am concerned, the clips you showed could have been staged.
3. Isn't it odd to you that even though Bielsa left, there has still not been an official announcement from LOSC Lille stating Enyeama has been added back to the main squad?
4. The example of "Trail" players was given to show you that there are some instances where you can play for a club in unregulated games and still NOT be a member of the squad. His exploits with the U18 team is clearly such an example (At 35+, it is obviously dude is certainly NOT U18).
5. Your argument about Musa and Leicester is ridiculous. Musa was (and still is) a squad member of Leicester (he was loaned to CSKA Moscow) who was seconded to their B team. He played several games with them but was still on the Leicester squad. Same can't be said about Enyeama.

I know you and others here want Enyeama back at all costs, but this is really getting ridiculous. Let the coach pick his squad. Trying to superimpose Enyeama on everyone here is really becoming irritating, to say the least!
maceo4 wrote:
If your mind is made up about the situation of another man then why are you asking for links/proof? I provided links you still want to believe what you want to believe, so good for you, but stop trying to push your opinion as fact. Enyeama himself said on Twitter he was back training with the first team (including posting videos of him training). I posted a quote from a Lille rep explaining why he was let back into training with the first team. The coach that called him surplus is also gone, but believe what you want. If you think you can just wake up and say you are playing for Lille’s youth team and they will just allow you then fine, go and try and see. I guess when Musa was playing with the U-23 team he must have been on trial with Leicester. I wonder how you can be on trail when you actually have a contract with the team.

Anyways to me he would need to play get a chance with SE, so until he gets some I’m not expecting him near the SE.


Nobody is arguing with you, you asked me to show you where I got the December game from and I showed you. He played for Lille's U-18, that is a FACT. He saved a PK in that game, that is another FACT! The bit about him not being at Lille because its not on their website is YOUR conjecture/opinion, its NOT a fact! He has a contract with Lille till 2019, that is a FACT! When Mikel was frozen out of Chelsea by Conte he wasn't called 'clubless' or 'on trial' with Chelsea...and was still being called to the SE with no objection.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 8907
maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Gosh! Your arguments are just all over the place.
1. I asked for stats (i.e. credible proof) that according to you, he was still on the LOSC Lille Squad. You showed me clippings from Complete sports, Daily Post, ESPN and Wikipedia - all of which are not official media sources for LOSC Lille). You are yet to prove that Enyeama is still a member of the squad.
2. Training with which first team? Fact is all you and his other disciples have inundated this site with is video clips of him training somewhere with very few people around. Typically, when we've seen videos/pictures of people training with the first team, there is indisputable evidence that they actually did. As far as I am concerned, the clips you showed could have been staged.
3. Isn't it odd to you that even though Bielsa left, there has still not been an official announcement from LOSC Lille stating Enyeama has been added back to the main squad?
4. The example of "Trail" players was given to show you that there are some instances where you can play for a club in unregulated games and still NOT be a member of the squad. His exploits with the U18 team is clearly such an example (At 35+, it is obviously dude is certainly NOT U18).
5. Your argument about Musa and Leicester is ridiculous. Musa was (and still is) a squad member of Leicester (he was loaned to CSKA Moscow) who was seconded to their B team. He played several games with them but was still on the Leicester squad. Same can't be said about Enyeama.

I know you and others here want Enyeama back at all costs, but this is really getting ridiculous. Let the coach pick his squad. Trying to superimpose Enyeama on everyone here is really becoming irritating, to say the least!
maceo4 wrote:
If your mind is made up about the situation of another man then why are you asking for links/proof? I provided links you still want to believe what you want to believe, so good for you, but stop trying to push your opinion as fact. Enyeama himself said on Twitter he was back training with the first team (including posting videos of him training). I posted a quote from a Lille rep explaining why he was let back into training with the first team. The coach that called him surplus is also gone, but believe what you want. If you think you can just wake up and say you are playing for Lille’s youth team and they will just allow you then fine, go and try and see. I guess when Musa was playing with the U-23 team he must have been on trial with Leicester. I wonder how you can be on trail when you actually have a contract with the team.

Anyways to me he would need to play get a chance with SE, so until he gets some I’m not expecting him near the SE.


Nobody is arguing with you, you asked me to show you where I got the December game from and I showed you. He played for Lille's U-18, that is a FACT. He saved a PK in that game, that is another FACT! The bit about him not being at Lille because its not on their website is YOUR conjecture/opinion, its NOT a fact! He has a contract with Lille till 2019, that is a FACT! When Mikel was frozen out of Chelsea by Conte he wasn't called 'clubless' or 'on trial' with Chelsea...and was still being called to the SE with no objection.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:18 pm
Posts: 83
Otitokoro wrote:
There are several caveats to your argument...
1. Training and Playing in a match are two very different things - those who have played the game can attest to this.
2. With regards the issue about veterans joining up with a squad late, the difference is those veterans were active. Enyeama is certainly not active. (Seems his LOSC Lille U18 adventure was to make up the numbers).
Nigerians really need to wrap their heads around using the resources we currently have at our disposal, and not hoping that Enyeama will come riding on a white horse and save the team.
donadoni wrote:
But if one of your greatest players ever has been training for months and you have a goalie crisis why not at least evaluate him (assuming he’s open to an invite). There are so many examples of a veteran player joining a World Cup team late in the day and ending up making a major contribution - our own fellow African Roger Milla to start with

e


It is true that match fitness is different from training. However given his pedigree and our current predicament there is no harm in letting him come to camp. Within a few days of playing with the squad it will become clear where he is fitness and sharpness wise.

In terms of veteran players being active, the example given of Roger Milla is a case in point. He was playing for a backwater team on reunion island in the middle of the Indian Ocean - I’m sure the Lille Junior team or whatever is better than that. The point is that just because Enyeama is not playing first team football does not automatically mean he can’t be effective

Regarding Roger Milla see below from his Wikipedia page:

He first retired from international football in 1987, and eventually moved to Réunion in the Indian Ocean where he played for JS Saint-Pierroise.

However, in 1990, he received a phone call from the President of Cameroon Paul Biya, who pleaded with him to come out of international retirement and rejoin the national team. He agreed, and went to Italy with the Indomitable Lions for the 1990 World Cup.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1naija, bamenda boy, Benedict Iroha, dhoney, Google [Bot], kalani JR, Majestic-12 [Bot], Shownoja, TonyTheTigerKiller and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group