Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16505
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Felarey

I am one of those who want Enyeama recalled. Second, I do believe that those who do not want him have a sporting reason why. Make no mistake about those two beliefs.

Why do I want him? First I think we have a goalkeeping crisis. This is my subjective belief. Whether this is a fact or not will be determined at the World Cup. However I do not want to wait then. I want some assurances now. This why I think Rohr should waive his rule that a guy should be playing for his club before being invited. Enyeama is training and that is a world of difference from Rufai's case in 1998. Atleast get him to camp and then assess where he is in comparison wit the goalies we now have. You lose nothing by doing this. If he is poor then cut him but we shall never know if he is not in camp. That is my view. In essence, nothing is lost by getting him to camp. Yet there is a chance we gain from it.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 19709
Location: Canada
Enugu II wrote:
Felarey

I am one of those who want Enyeama recalled. Second, I do believe that those who do not want him have a sporting reason why. Make no mistake about those two beliefs.

Why do I want him? First I think we have a goalkeeping crisis. This is my subjective belief. Whether this is a fact or not will be determined at the World Cup. However I do not want to wait then. I want some assurances now. This why I think Rohr should waive his rule that a guy should be playing for his club before being invited. Enyeama is training and that is a world of difference from Rufai's case in 1998. Atleast get him to camp and then assess where he is in comparison wit the goalies we now have. You lose nothing by doing this. If he is poor then cut him but we shall never know if he is not in camp. That is my view. In essence, nothing is lost by getting him to camp. Yet there is a chance we gain from it.

I disagree that nothing is lost by inviting him to camp. Apart from general rules for the team, the coach specifically and openly gave Enyeama his expectation for him to be invited to camp. These have not been met. Furthermore, we cannot discount the impact such invitation may have on the team. Enyeama should atleast be in some form to be part of this group, they've earned it and it is in Enyeama's interest as well.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16505
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
felarey wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Felarey

I am one of those who want Enyeama recalled. Second, I do believe that those who do not want him have a sporting reason why. Make no mistake about those two beliefs.

Why do I want him? First I think we have a goalkeeping crisis. This is my subjective belief. Whether this is a fact or not will be determined at the World Cup. However I do not want to wait then. I want some assurances now. This why I think Rohr should waive his rule that a guy should be playing for his club before being invited. Enyeama is training and that is a world of difference from Rufai's case in 1998. Atleast get him to camp and then assess where he is in comparison wit the goalies we now have. You lose nothing by doing this. If he is poor then cut him but we shall never know if he is not in camp. That is my view. In essence, nothing is lost by getting him to camp. Yet there is a chance we gain from it.

I disagree that nothing is lost by inviting him to camp. Apart from general rules for the team, the coach specifically and openly gave Enyeama his expectation for him to be invited to camp. These have not been met. Furthermore, we cannot discount the impact such invitation may have on the team. Enyeama should atleast be in some form to be part of this group, they've earned it and it is in Enyeama's interest as well.


Felarey

Sure it will go against the rule but what differentiates a leader from an administrator/manager is doing the right thing (discretion) v folllwing strict rules. This is a situation that calls for discretion. It is a crisis and not normal conditions. Rohr can always explain reasons for discretion. Remember when Oliseh limited selection to players playing in elite leagues. Few questioned when he violated that rule by calling up Ikeme. Moreover, Rohr kept inviting Musa when Musa was barely playing and it was not like we didn't have players in Musa's position who were fit and good. Thus IMHO discretion is called for and that is why I labeled it as a waiver. But honestly we won't need Enyeama if one of these goalies come up big in the upcoming games.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40589
Location: on the move
Enugu II wrote:
Felarey

I am one of those who want Enyeama recalled. Second, I do believe that those who do not want him have a sporting reason why. Make no mistake about those two beliefs.

Why do I want him? First I think we have a goalkeeping crisis. This is my subjective belief. Whether this is a fact or not will be determined at the World Cup. However I do not want to wait then. I want some assurances now. This why I think Rohr should waive his rule that a guy should be playing for his club before being invited. Enyeama is training and that is a world of difference from Rufai's case in 1998. Atleast get him to camp and then assess where he is in comparison wit the goalies we now have. You lose nothing by doing this. If he is poor then cut him but we shall never know if he is not in camp. That is my view. In essence, nothing is lost by getting him to camp. Yet there is a chance we gain from it.


Prof, I also want Enyeama back but I don’t condone clubless players being called up. Not good enough. He needs to be training with a club and regularly playing. Even if na to return home and join Akwa United, something is better than nothing.

Further, the Musa analogy is misplaced because he was on a professional club (Leicester City), training regularly and I believe he made some appearances for the reserves. Also, Rohr adviced him to return to Russia for regular playing time and Musa heeded to the advice. In essence Musa has done everything that Enyeama hasn’t.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36076
Location: Land of the Terrapins
green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Felarey

I am one of those who want Enyeama recalled. Second, I do believe that those who do not want him have a sporting reason why. Make no mistake about those two beliefs.

Why do I want him? First I think we have a goalkeeping crisis. This is my subjective belief. Whether this is a fact or not will be determined at the World Cup. However I do not want to wait then. I want some assurances now. This why I think Rohr should waive his rule that a guy should be playing for his club before being invited. Enyeama is training and that is a world of difference from Rufai's case in 1998. Atleast get him to camp and then assess where he is in comparison wit the goalies we now have. You lose nothing by doing this. If he is poor then cut him but we shall never know if he is not in camp. That is my view. In essence, nothing is lost by getting him to camp. Yet there is a chance we gain from it.


Prof, I also want Enyeama back but I don’t condone clubless players being called up. Not good enough. He needs to be training with a club and regularly playing. Even if na to return home and join Akwa United, something is better than nothing.

Further, the Musa analogy is misplaced because he was on a professional club (Leicester City), training regularly and I believe he made some appearances for the reserves. Also, Rohr adviced him to return to Russia for regular playing time and Musa heeded to the advice. In essence Musa has done everything that Enyeama hasn’t.


Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Felarey

I am one of those who want Enyeama recalled. Second, I do believe that those who do not want him have a sporting reason why. Make no mistake about those two beliefs.

Why do I want him? First I think we have a goalkeeping crisis. This is my subjective belief. Whether this is a fact or not will be determined at the World Cup. However I do not want to wait then. I want some assurances now. This why I think Rohr should waive his rule that a guy should be playing for his club before being invited. Enyeama is training and that is a world of difference from Rufai's case in 1998. Atleast get him to camp and then assess where he is in comparison wit the goalies we now have. You lose nothing by doing this. If he is poor then cut him but we shall never know if he is not in camp. That is my view. In essence, nothing is lost by getting him to camp. Yet there is a chance we gain from it.


Prof, I also want Enyeama back but I don’t condone clubless players being called up. Not good enough. He needs to be training with a club and regularly playing. Even if na to return home and join Akwa United, something is better than nothing.

Further, the Musa analogy is misplaced because he was on a professional club (Leicester City), training regularly and I believe he made some appearances for the reserves. Also, Rohr adviced him to return to Russia for regular playing time and Musa heeded to the advice. In essence Musa has done everything that Enyeama hasn’t.


Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36076
Location: Land of the Terrapins
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Felarey

I am one of those who want Enyeama recalled. Second, I do believe that those who do not want him have a sporting reason why. Make no mistake about those two beliefs.

Why do I want him? First I think we have a goalkeeping crisis. This is my subjective belief. Whether this is a fact or not will be determined at the World Cup. However I do not want to wait then. I want some assurances now. This why I think Rohr should waive his rule that a guy should be playing for his club before being invited. Enyeama is training and that is a world of difference from Rufai's case in 1998. Atleast get him to camp and then assess where he is in comparison wit the goalies we now have. You lose nothing by doing this. If he is poor then cut him but we shall never know if he is not in camp. That is my view. In essence, nothing is lost by getting him to camp. Yet there is a chance we gain from it.


Prof, I also want Enyeama back but I don’t condone clubless players being called up. Not good enough. He needs to be training with a club and regularly playing. Even if na to return home and join Akwa United, something is better than nothing.

Further, the Musa analogy is misplaced because he was on a professional club (Leicester City), training regularly and I believe he made some appearances for the reserves. Also, Rohr adviced him to return to Russia for regular playing time and Musa heeded to the advice. In essence Musa has done everything that Enyeama hasn’t.


Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


:???:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7435
Which club is that?
Contrary to what some have been saying on this forum, he is NOT on the LOSC Lille squad list for 2017/2018.
Which match did he play in December? Please publish the match statistics for all here.
maceo4 wrote:
Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44358
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
We have a goalkeeping crisis.

Not one of those natives that see a potential problem and just hopes and prays that it sorts itself out.

You actively do something to improve your chances. Enyeama is our All Time best Goalie.
Not only is he a good goalie. He brings a calm assurance to his backline.

He is still active. He is not retired. He is just not playing at the moment.

I remember when Siasia thought he can win without Enyeama and chose Dele Aiyenugba over Enyeama... and ended up being bounced from AFCON qualification.
Same thing happened with Oliseh.

Rohr should invite Enyeama and assess him himself.

He has not had the privilege of playing Enyeama...

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36076
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Otitokoro wrote:
Which club is that?
Contrary to what some have been saying on this forum, he is NOT on the LOSC Lille squad list for 2017/2018.
Which match did he play in December? Please publish the match statistics for all here.
maceo4 wrote:
Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.


Who do you think he was training with in his twitter posts?

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/26/lille-re ... -training/

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng ... lille/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... rates/amp/

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6889
Enugu II wrote:
Felarey

I am one of those who want Enyeama recalled. Second, I do believe that those who do not want him have a sporting reason why. Make no mistake about those two beliefs.

Why do I want him? First I think we have a goalkeeping crisis. This is my subjective belief. Whether this is a fact or not will be determined at the World Cup. However I do not want to wait then. I want some assurances now. This why I think Rohr should waive his rule that a guy should be playing for his club before being invited. Enyeama is training and that is a world of difference from Rufai's case in 1998. Atleast get him to camp and then assess where he is in comparison wit the goalies we now have. You lose nothing by doing this. If he is poor then cut him but we shall never know if he is not in camp. That is my view. In essence, nothing is lost by getting him to camp. Yet there is a chance we gain from it.


Prof, I agree with you in part. The GK situation is certainly less than ideal, and as good as the coaching crew has been, this is one area where they deserve some criticism. Even with Ikeme and Enyeama out, they continued to waste an invitation on Alampasu. Akpeyi is not a national team level keeper, but playing in South Africa (which is not better than the NPFL) has somehow given him leverage as a mainstay in the SE. Even Ezenwa was not the regular starter for FCIU last season, and I doubt that he would displace Fatau Dauda (Yes, the Breda) at Enyimba this season.

This was the reason, why before our home game against SA (CAN qualifier), I said we could produce 3 other GKs that were better than the 3 in camp, & it was just laziness for us to settle for those in camp (above). The 3 I mentioned were David Nwolokor, Francis Uzoho and Femi Thomas.

I thought Nwolokor was probably most ready, since he had started for 2 seasons in Europe, and was recalled to Rijeka, the Croatian Champions in the CL prelims (and later the Europa). However, he has been on the bench this season, and although his club just recently gave him a new contract (really good news) the fact that he did not ask to go on loan means that he probably remains on the bench baring injury to the starter(s).

Thankfully, Uzoho finally got on the radar of SE selectors and officials on the back of a couple of Laliga appearances. I just wonder what would have happened if those LaLiga appearances did not happen. Uzoho would have been the same keeper, but probably without an invite to the National team. He has his strengths (height, gets to the floor quickly for a big man, composed) and flaws (not dominating his 6 yard with his size, some poor decision making due to inexperience). He might just be the best keeper in camp though, so we can only hope he becomes our Casillas of 2000 who snatched the Spanish shirt from Canizares. For a young keeper, it just means concentration, discipline, cutting out silly errors and focusing and repeating fundamentals, drills, positioning etc till it becomes 2nd nature.

Coming to Femi Thomas, I included him based on the fact that everytime I have seen him over the years, he has looked like a National team keeper. He is the keeper with the most pedigree in the NPFL over the last decade. Enyimba for multiple years (he left Sunshine for Enyimba & Ezenwa replaced him at Sunshine), a short lived adventure with Ikhana at Pillars, and he has now bounced back with Rangers and he has just been nominated as a candidate for NPFL player of the month. https://theeagleonline.com.ng/lba-revea ... -february/.

The interesting thing is that both Ezenwa and Akpeyi may no longer be starters in their clubs (Akpeyi was back to the bench for Chippa's game today), so that certainly puts a hole in the playing regularly for your club criteria.

As for Enyeama, It would have been good if he moved in January, but I think there is another big issue that is hiding in plain sight besides the regular playing time requirement. This is Mikel's team now!!! You cannot have 2 captains in 1 ship.

Mikel has become a little larger than life since bailing out the country with his money at the Olympics (and he has played much better, since then, for Nigeria). This probably went up a notch after the Cameroon series, where Mikel was the most influential player. Thankfully, it has been more of a team effort, with several players stepping up in Mikel's last 2 games (Zambia & Argentina)

I have observed Mikel's body language a couple of times when the Vince issue has been mentioned. Rohr most likely knows this as well. There is an established (even if informal) order with the team and it is working well for Rohr. Enyeama left as captain, and will definitely return as a team leader. I'm not sure Rohr would want to risk messing up the current order, despite what he says publicly.

I wonder if all the public conditions were less of 'What Vince needs to return to the SE' and more of 'Why Vince cannot return to the SE'.


Last edited by truetalk on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5032
As fans, we are just being sentimental... No coach in his right mind will take a goalkeeper who hasn't been active for several months to the biggest footballing tournament in the world. Catching balls in the local park is one thing, playing competitive football week in week out is a different kettle of fish altogether, especially for a goalkeeper.

Those sighting the case of Musa are not comparing apples with apples. Musa is a squad player and the criteria for his continued call up for the final stages of preparation, was for him to get a new club in the Jan window which he did. Vincent either wasn't able to get a move or didn't take it serious enough.

Folks are just afraid of the unknown, Rohr has 6 friendly games to access the situation. With less that 96 days to the WC, Magnets chances are pretty slim and folks need to take a reality check...If Rohr was that desperate, he would have had Enrico Pionetti shuttling between France and Spain right now..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7435
The fact that he supposedly played for the Lille youth them does not mean he is with Lille.
Afterall, there are several Nigerians footballers who have 'club trails' abroad (i.e. they train and even participate in some friendly matches) but are never officially registered with the club.
Enyeama was officially let go from LOSC Lille at the beginning of the 2017/2018 season. He is not on ANY team roster for the club and thus, he is NOT an LOSC Lille player. Y'all really need to stop peddling him as one.
maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Which club is that?
Contrary to what some have been saying on this forum, he is NOT on the LOSC Lille squad list for 2017/2018.
Which match did he play in December? Please publish the match statistics for all here.
maceo4 wrote:
Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.


Who do you think he was training with in his twitter posts?
http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/26/lille-re ... -training/

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng ... lille/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... rates/amp/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5240
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
Otitokoro wrote:
The fact that he supposedly played for the Lille youth them does not mean he is with Lille.
Afterall, there are several Nigerians footballers who have 'club trails' abroad (i.e. they train and even participate in some friendly matches) but are never officially registered with the club.
Enyeama was officially let go from LOSC Lille at the beginning of the 2017/2018 season. He is not on ANY team roster for the club and thus, he is NOT an LOSC Lille player. Y'all really need to stop peddling him as one.
maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Which club is that?
Contrary to what some have been saying on this forum, he is NOT on the LOSC Lille squad list for 2017/2018.
Which match did he play in December? Please publish the match statistics for all here.
maceo4 wrote:
Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.


Who do you think he was training with in his twitter posts?
http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/26/lille-re ... -training/

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng ... lille/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... rates/amp/


Lille seems to think otherwise. Why should folks engage in petty arguments for crying out loud?

http://www.espnfc.com/club/lille/166/squad

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
Otitokoro wrote:
Which club is that?
Contrary to what some have been saying on this forum, he is NOT on the LOSC Lille squad list for 2017/2018.
Which match did he play in December? Please publish the match statistics for all here.
maceo4 wrote:
Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
Obong wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
The fact that he supposedly played for the Lille youth them does not mean he is with Lille.
Afterall, there are several Nigerians footballers who have 'club trails' abroad (i.e. they train and even participate in some friendly matches) but are never officially registered with the club.
Enyeama was officially let go from LOSC Lille at the beginning of the 2017/2018 season. He is not on ANY team roster for the club and thus, he is NOT an LOSC Lille player. Y'all really need to stop peddling him as one.
maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Which club is that?
Contrary to what some have been saying on this forum, he is NOT on the LOSC Lille squad list for 2017/2018.
Which match did he play in December? Please publish the match statistics for all here.
maceo4 wrote:
Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.


Who do you think he was training with in his twitter posts?
http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/26/lille-re ... -training/

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng ... lille/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... rates/amp/


Lille seems to think otherwise. Why should folks engage in petty arguments for crying out loud?

http://www.espnfc.com/club/lille/166/squad


Otikoro posted the lIlle website as evidence and you went to espn! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Let me help you:
https://www.losc.fr/saison-football/equipe-pro/equipe

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5240
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
One can play the game with Lille and Google links all day and night, Thanks to Technology. Doesn't take away the pettiness and sheer and silly hostility against a Nigerian legend. Sad to see how low some can go.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lille+O ... e&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1EJ ... 36&bih=759

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
Obong wrote:
One can play the game with Lille and Google links all day and night, Thanks to Technology. Doesn't take away the pettiness and sheer and silly hostility against a Nigerian legend. Sad to see how low some can go.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lille+O ... e&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1EJ ... 36&bih=759


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Unfortunately, your townsman and his cronies have destroyed his reputation.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:18 pm
Posts: 87
Regarding Enyeama and his potential readiness we have to remember a couple of things
1. The goal keeping position is different from any other on the pitch
2. There are several factors that combine to determine “readiness” for a tournament like the World Cup

Goal keeping is a very special role. It’s not other roles where you hit a certain age and it’s over. The likes of Gigi Buffon are still going at the highest level. It’s a role where experience, positioning, calmness under pressure etc are key compared to being able to sprint at 100mph (though of course in a few situations a short sprint is important.

With our current situation we have a mix of goalies that are each strong in some areas/aspects and less so in others. Perhaps Ezenwa rushes at an oncoming striker faster than Enyeama but then lunges and gives away a PK that sends us out of the World Cup. Perhaps Uzoho does great on crosses but then makes the wrong judgement call on a game play he hasn’t had much experiebce with and that costs us. Perhaps Enyeama is good and steady under pressure but reacts a millisecond too slowly on a shot or freekick and we concede. And so on.

Of course ideally we want a keeper that is top on all the important factors. But right now with Ikeme missing we simply don’t have that. Is there more chance of inexperienced keepers making up for 10yrs worth of experience in 3 months or of a slightly unfit Enyeama fully regaining fitness and reflexes? Who can tell? For me it’s not that clear cut. Furthermore with goalkeepers we don’t have the range of quality options in the first place. So even though I support Rohr’s general rule about only taking players active with clubs I think he should be more flexible in the goalie case. If an outfield player makes the wrong call or panics often the worst case is you lose possession. If this happens for a keeper generally you concede a goal.

I’m not saying Uzoho, Ezenwa etc can’t do the job- I’m really hoping they can. And I’m not saying take someone who just came out of injury last month. But if one of your greatest players ever has been training for months and you have a goalie crisis why not at least evaluate him (assuming he’s open to an invite). There are so many examples of a veteran player joining a World Cup team late in the day and ending up making a major contribution - our own fellow African Roger Milla to start with


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36637
Location: UK
donadoni wrote:
Regarding Enyeama and his potential readiness we have to remember a couple of things
1. The goal keeping position is different from any other on the pitch
2. There are several factors that combine to determine “readiness” for a tournament like the World Cup

Goal keeping is a very special role. It’s not other roles where you hit a certain age and it’s over. The likes of Gigi Buffon are still going at the highest level. It’s a role where experience, positioning, calmness under pressure etc are key compared to being able to sprint at 100mph (though of course in a few situations a short sprint is important.

With our current situation we have a mix of goalies that are each strong in some areas/aspects and less so in others. Perhaps Ezenwa rushes at an oncoming striker faster than Enyeama but then lunges and gives away a PK that sends us out of the World Cup. Perhaps Uzoho does great on crosses but then makes the wrong judgement call on a game play he hasn’t had much experiebce with and that costs us. Perhaps Enyeama is good and steady under pressure but reacts a millisecond too slowly on a shot or freekick and we concede. And so on.

Of course ideally we want a keeper that is top on all the important factors. But right now with Ikeme missing we simply don’t have that. Is there more chance of inexperienced keepers making up for 10yrs worth of experience in 3 months or of a slightly unfit Enyeama fully regaining fitness and reflexes? Who can tell? For me it’s not that clear cut. Furthermore with goalkeepers we don’t have the range of quality options in the first place. So even though I support Rohr’s general rule about only taking players active with clubs I think he should be more flexible in the goalie case. If an outfield player makes the wrong call or panics often the worst case is you lose possession. If this happens for a keeper generally you concede a goal.

I’m not saying Uzoho, Ezenwa etc can’t do the job- I’m really hoping they can. And I’m not saying take someone who just came out of injury last month. But if one of your greatest players ever has been training for months and you have a goalie crisis why not at least evaluate him (assuming he’s open to an invite). There are so many examples of a veteran player joining a World Cup team late in the day and ending up making a major contribution - our own fellow African Roger Milla to start with
Donadoni, people are just being pig-headed about this thing.
What you are saying makes perfect sense and is evident to everybody...but everyone has to end up being 'right' and 'winning' the argument. Its now an ego thing and the rational argument has become secondary.

Nothing you have said should be unreasonable to anyone with an open mind.
But the naysayers would rather come up with stupid conspiracy theories to dismiss you.
If you are not an agent you are a tribalist for having a perfectly reasonable opinion which they happen not to agree with. Na only dem get sense.
The sheer arrogance. :lol:

I cannot wait 4 years for the SE to appear in a WC just to 'see how it goes' with our GK dilemma.
And to appear without trying out every reasonable option, one of which is Enyeama? Mba.
If he doesn't cut it, fair enough. But consider it.

Like I've always said, we need to give it our best shot becos there is no sentiment in football.
What are these people afraid of by lining him up with the others?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36076
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Otitokoro wrote:
The fact that he supposedly played for the Lille youth them does not mean he is with Lille.
Afterall, there are several Nigerians footballers who have 'club trails' abroad (i.e. they train and even participate in some friendly matches) but are never officially registered with the club.
Enyeama was officially let go from LOSC Lille at the beginning of the 2017/2018 season. He is not on ANY team roster for the club and thus, he is NOT an LOSC Lille player. Y'all really need to stop peddling him as one.
maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Which club is that?
Contrary to what some have been saying on this forum, he is NOT on the LOSC Lille squad list for 2017/2018.
Which match did he play in December? Please publish the match statistics for all here.
maceo4 wrote:
Enyeama has a club, he’s still with Lille and did play a match in December. But I agree he needs to do more to be considered.


Who do you think he was training with in his twitter posts?
http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/26/lille-re ... -training/

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng ... lille/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... rates/amp/


If your mind is made up about the situation of another man then why are you asking for links/proof? I provided links you still want to believe what you want to believe, so good for you, but stop trying to push your opinion as fact. Enyeama himself said on Twitter he was back training with the first team (including posting videos of him training). I posted a quote from a Lille rep explaining why he was let back into training with the first team. The coach that called him surplus is also gone, but believe what you want. If you think you can just wake up and say you are playing for Lille’s youth team and they will just allow you then fine, go and try and see. I guess when Musa was playing with the U-23 team he must have been on trial with Leicester. I wonder how you can be on trail when you actually have a contract with the team.

Anyways to me he would need to play get a chance with SE, so until he gets some I’m not expecting him near the SE.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7435
There are several caveats to your argument...
1. Training and Playing in a match are two very different things - those who have played the game can attest to this.
2. With regards the issue about veterans joining up with a squad late, the difference is those veterans were active. Enyeama is certainly not active. (Seems his LOSC Lille U18 adventure was to make up the numbers).
Nigerians really need to wrap their heads around using the resources we currently have at our disposal, and not hoping that Enyeama will come riding on a white horse and save the team.
donadoni wrote:
But if one of your greatest players ever has been training for months and you have a goalie crisis why not at least evaluate him (assuming he’s open to an invite). There are so many examples of a veteran player joining a World Cup team late in the day and ending up making a major contribution - our own fellow African Roger Milla to start with

e

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
Otitokoro wrote:
There are several caveats to your argument...
1. Training and Playing in a match are two very different things - those who have played the game can attest to this.
2. With regards the issue about veterans joining up with a squad late, the difference is those veterans were active. Enyeama is certainly not active. (Seems his LOSC Lille U18 adventure was to make up the numbers).
Nigerians really need to wrap their heads around using the resources we currently have at our disposal, and not hoping that Enyeama will come riding on a white horse and save the team.
donadoni wrote:
But if one of your greatest players ever has been training for months and you have a goalie crisis why not at least evaluate him (assuming he’s open to an invite). There are so many examples of a veteran player joining a World Cup team late in the day and ending up making a major contribution - our own fellow African Roger Milla to start with

e


They also do not understand that for a goalkeeper its a different ball game. Match-fitness helps with sharpness, and a goalkeeper is in huge huge problems if he isnt alert. We saw what happened in 1998, but trust Nigerians, we love to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Anyway, thank God for Rohr! The crook and his sycophants will not derail us this summer! No chance!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alategun, EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, ikeo, osita and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group