Obi Absent Over Injury In Torino Defeat At Roma

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

After seeing the list for Poland and Serbia I looked through upcoming games I could catch to see how some of the guys are going. Woke up (Sydney time) and saw he was not in the team list and feared the worst to be honest, I dont know if there is an injury or not but lets hope for the best.

Source

Complete Sports Nigeria

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/o ... feat-roma/

By Johnny Edward: Super Eagles midfielder, Joel Obi, missed Torino’s 3-0 away defeat to AS Roma in Friday’s Italian Serie A clash at the Olimpico Stadium over injury, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Second half goals from Kostas Manolas, Danieli De Rossi and Lorenzo Pellegrini ensured Roma maintained their third spot in the Seria A table with 56 points from 28 games while Torino remain in the ninth position.

The 26 year old Nigeria international who was called up by Gernot Rohr for the forthcoming international friendlies against Poland and Serbia reportedly missed the game on an account of an injury.

It remains to be seen if the former Inter Milan midfielder will be fully fit for a return to the Super Eagles with barely two weeks to the games against Poland and Serbia in Warsaw and London respectively.

Obi’s invitation to the Super Eagles was his first in two years, since he missed out on the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

He has scored four goals and provided two assists in 18 Serie A games for Torino this season.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg
Re: Obi Absent Over Injury In Torino Defeat At Roma

Post by ikemba_nacho »

On a side note, I caught 20 mins of the Amkar game with Idowu, Olanare and Ogude all on the field. It seems as though Idowu was advised by Rohr to assist with his forays up front in the Argentina game as this side of his game was non-existent for the portion of game I saw. His team was unfortunate to concide a suspect penalty as I left the game and in the end I saw they lost 2-0 with Ogude being sent of. The league just started so maybe they were rusty.