UNITED VS LIVERPOOL (2-1) Rash x2, Bailey OG (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UNITED VS LIVERPOOL (2-1) Rash x2, Bailey OG (FT)

Post by Cristao II »

As people dey here - dey insult one another, I hope you realise awon boyz from both sides are prolly planning which clubs to hit tonite or which network to join to play either FIFA or PES!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anointed wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Liverpool didn't play too well today. Mou's strategy was to counter and that worked especially in the first half. Utd were probably lucky to not concede an equalizer though

BTW Bailly played his socks off.
You have come again! How do you come up with these things?

Is the same Liverpool that didn't have a shot on goal in the second half that could have equalized? Did you see de Gea make any safe? Okay, maybe you meant Liverpool could have equalized during half time.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

he said Salah's volley (the one which went to Row Z) was the chance for the equalizer

He did not mention the Mata chance though.

the.pain.is.severe

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:As people dey here - dey insult one another, I hope you realise awon boyz from both sides are prolly planning which clubs to hit tonite or which network to join to play either FIFA or PES!!

When will Poch plan to win a trophy? :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cristao II wrote:As people dey here - dey insult one another, I hope you realise awon boyz from both sides are prolly planning which clubs to hit tonite or which network to join to play either FIFA or PES!!

make we no lie, this thread sweet. I am happy Man U came out attacking. They are always good to watch when they come out and play well
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

..for Mr Equalizer

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:Your childish over exuberance over this win is understandable when one considers the negative style of Utd in big games combined with your tendency to emote as opposed to watching the game with your eyes and brain
what was the United style 7 days ago against Chelsea?

yes o, last weekend

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mourinho masterclass.

Give them the ball. they can't do shyte

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

So Utd chose to sit back in preparation for the Sevilla game? :roll: You just continue with the delusion

danfo driver wrote:I read and I understood. Taking shots that are not threatening means nothing. I saw the game, i know what I watched. Pool never really threatened at all. In the second half, United CHOSE (IT WAS THEIR CHOICE) to sit back and relax for Tuesday. I have watched Mourinho for 15 years or so, and I can read his tactical move. The second half was simply a "lets relax for Tuesday" and see this off! And even with that, Pool couldnt create chances. We all saw the first half, when United chose to play and how they put Liverpool in their place.
YUJAM wrote:Please read to understand, not just to respond. ;-)

danfo driver wrote:Uncle, do you know the difference between "shots," and "shots on target?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43267244

They had chances. 14 shots vs 5 shots for Utd

They also put themselves in good positions but were thwarted by great defending from the likes of Bailly and poor finishing, case and point Salah's last min volley over the bar.

Truth is Utd barely eked this one out.

Don't get two excited. Y'all were OK but it wasn't a decisive victory
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Liverpool didn't play too well today. Mou's strategy was to counter and that worked especially in the first half. Utd were probably lucky to not

You've always been a special comedian :rotf: :rotf:

Please don't let your time of the month turn you

ok fair enough. you are correct

please tell us which of the Liverpool chances could have resulted in that equalizer?

1. the numerous times Salah went past Ashley Young?
2. The numerous corners they had which hit the crossbar?
3. The numerous saves DDG had to make?

thank you
[/quote]
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Yujam there is a time and place for everything son. Go and pump some iron for an hour ... you will feel better :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

so Yujam...what would have been a fair score based on the unlucky Liverpool unable to convert?

United (1-3) Pool
United (2-3) Pool

just wondering

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:So Utd chose to sit back in preparation for the Sevilla game? :roll: You just continue with the delusion
hehe... you wont understand. Go and watch mourinho's teams before CL knockout games. The same way Guardiola's teams "rest" with the ball, Mourinho's teams "rest" without it. You could see that Lukaku, Mata and Sanchez were told not to press up any more.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mr Equalizer

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Anyone seen the 3 letter jester? Ahhh I know, he pays more attention to Arsenal games than his supposed beloved Liverless team :laugh:

Zee my bro no be you ohhh ... nah another :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Where was the famous liverpool frontline today? We made them look like amareurs
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

"You can be in control without having the ball, you can be in trouble when you have the ball," Mourinho said.
Classic from Jose. Possession is nothing except you do something with it. More o if your possession is in not so dangerous area.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

"We were quite aggressive in the first half, we wanted to have control of the game, spaces for transition and to try to exploit - not weaknesses - but points where the opponent is not so good.

"The second half it was not our intention to be as defensive as we were. Liverpool pushed us back but I don't remember the chances that needed David de Gea to make the goal safe. I don't remember a dangerous situation to our goal. It was control by them having the ball and control by us without the ball."
Summary from Jose
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

for the Pool faithful.
this is v true, from the Guardian

Never mind worrying about how exciting your opponents were or were not - and I can tell you that the United support found Rashford's two goals and the score at the final whistle exciting enough - you should perhaps look at why your own team of much lauded attackers and entertainers failed to provide De Gea with anything to to for an hour and a half.

I would suggest that Liverpool's failure to "entertain" was largely due to United's not allowing them to do so.

That's the way Mo rolls - he gets plenys of stick when it doesn't work so it seems rather churlish to deny him credit when it does.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Where was the famous liverpool frontline today? We made them look like amareurs
Mourinho tactics made Liverpool look ordinary.
And looks like it doesn't sit well with some :rotf:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

All the pundits pointed to a liverpool win and why? They forgotten Mourinho a boss at stifling the opposition, when they put Bailly on tne starting list, Mourinho did this to make a statement, you cannot beat him one on one situations, today it was Ashley Young that nullified the Salah threat, once you take out Liverpool main threat, they become ordinary, today was just the case
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:Anyone seen the 3 letter jester? Ahhh I know, he pays more attention to Arsenal games than his supposed beloved Liverless team :laugh:

Zee my bro no be you ohhh ... nah another :mrgreen:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: