CAF appoints Weah's wife as African football Ambassador

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAF appoints Weah's wife as African football Ambassador

Post by camex »

http://www.enisports.com/caf-appoints-w ... mbassador/
Wife of the President of Liberia and First Lady, Clar Weah has been appointed by Confederation of African Football (CAF) as ambassador for women’s football on the continent.
The appointment was made during the first edition of symposium for African women’s football in Morocco.
According to the CAF president, Ahmad Ahmad she will be charged with the role of moving African women’s football forward on the continent and across the globe.
In her remark, the First Lady described the appointment as an unbelievable recognition.
“This is unbelievable. I have attended this symposium for two days, and now I am to champion the women’s football cause out there.
“It’s a task that I am ready to do because I know the important of football right from what it did for my husband and now my family.”
The CAF President Ahmad Ahmad, promised to ensure that all the recommendations adopted in the symposium are implemented and put into action for the purpose of women’s football development in the continent.
“The various recommendations will be forwarded to the newly established CAF Women’s Football Department for review, and then to the CAF Executive for implementation.”