NIGERIA WANT TO WIN 2018 WORLD CUP - ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
NIGERIA WANT TO WIN 2018 WORLD CUP - ROHR

Post by Obong »

https://africanfootball.com/news/744367 ... -World-Cup

by Austin Ditlhobolo

Sunday Mar 11, 2018. 10:00

Nigeria head coach Gernot Rohr has made it known that Super Eagles are eyeing the 2018 FIFA World Cup title.

The Super Eagles have never won the global competition having participated in five tournaments.

They made it out of the group stage in the 1994, 1998 and 2014 editions, but they have never progressed beyond the Round of 16.

Rohr spoke to reporters when the FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour arrived in Lagos according to All Nigeria Soccer.

''Every team going to the World Cup in Russia has a dream of winning it," the German tactician said.

"But to be realistic, we believe in our dream and we are working so hard to achieve it."

This year's finals will be hosted by Russia and Super Eagles are in Group D alongside Argentina, Iceland and Croatia.

Rohr's side will face Poland, Serbia, Democratic Republic of Congo, England and Czech Republic in friendlies as part of their preparations for the tournament.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA WANT TO WIN 2018 WORLD CUP - ROHR

Post by kajifu »

Correct coach,when I explain to some people that SE should not be going to take part but go to win it.
Beat Croatia,Iceland and top your group.Either Denmark might come second as I see likes of France topping their group.
Roads to last 8 clear then knock one of those big guys if they come your way and you are 2 games from wining the whole think.
SE can beat any team in the world just believe it.Teams like Spain,Brazil,France,Germany and Argentina are very beatable and if you can beat them then what is stopping you from not win the whole thing or fight till the end?
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

We are due for an upset. It's been 20 years since we beat a team when were underdogs. We need a victory against Argentina or France.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

kajifu wrote:Correct coach,when I explain to some people that SE should not be going to take part but go to win it.
Beat Croatia,Iceland and top your group.Either Denmark might come second as I see likes of France topping their group.
Roads to last 8 clear then knock one of those big guys if they come your way and you are 2 games from wining the whole think.
SE can beat any team in the world just believe it.Teams like Spain,Brazil,France,Germany and Argentina are very beatable and if you can beat them then what is stopping you from not win the whole thing or fight till the end?
On paper if we manage to beat Croatia- that will be the key factor that determines who far we go!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Obong wrote:https://africanfootball.com/news/744367 ... -World-Cup

by Austin Ditlhobolo

Nigeria head coach Gernot Rohr has made it known that Super Eagles are eyeing the 2018 FIFA World Cup title.

The Super Eagles have never won the global competition having participated in five tournaments.

They made it out of the group stage in the 1994, 1998 and 2014 editions, but they have never progressed beyond the Round of 16.

Rohr spoke to reporters when the FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour arrived in Lagos according to All Nigeria Soccer.

''Every team going to the World Cup in Russia has a dream of winning it," the German tactician said.

"But to be realistic, we believe in our dream and we are working so hard to achieve it."

This year's finals will be hosted by Russia and Super Eagles are in Group D alongside Argentina, Iceland and Croatia.

Rohr's side will face Poland, Serbia, Democratic Republic of Congo, England and Czech Republic in friendlies as part of their preparations for the tournament.
If he said this, I am glad indeed. Yes, every team's goal is to win it, but realistically, some teams have better chances of accomplishing such. For him to have said the above, it means he believe a lot in his men and the game-plans the Super-eagles will be employing. Let's go - Super-eagles - let's go! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

walesvilla wrote:
kajifu wrote:Correct coach,when I explain to some people that SE should not be going to take part but go to win it.
On paper if we manage to beat Croatia- that will be the key factor that determines who far we go!!
Bros, we are NOT going to 'manage' to beat Croatia. We WILL BEAT Croatia and TOP the group. Please document this somewhere.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Odas wrote:

by Austin Ditlhobolo

If he said this, I am glad indeed. Yes, every team's goal is to win it, but realistically, some teams have better chances of accomplishing such. For him to have said the above, it means he believe a lot in his men and the game-plans the Super-eagles will be employing. Let's go - Super-eagles - let's go! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
i will celebrate us reaching quarter finals - if we make semi finals we have over achieved-
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

walesvilla wrote:
Odas wrote:

by Austin Ditlhobolo

i will celebrate us reaching quarter finals - if we make semi finals we have over achieved-
Fact not feelings...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

walesvilla wrote:
Odas wrote:

by Austin Ditlhobolo

Yep that is exactly right.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

opine wrote:We are due for an upset. It's been 20 years since we beat a team when were underdogs. We need a victory against Argentina or France.
We were the underdogs vs Bosnia as we will be vs Croatia...or do you mean beating a so called 'big' team?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

maceo4 wrote:
opine wrote:We are due for an upset. It's been 20 years since we beat a team when were underdogs. We need a victory against Argentina or France.
We were the underdogs vs Bosnia as we will be vs Croatia...or do you mean beating a so called 'big' team?
We might have been lower ranked but calling us Underdogs in the traditional sense would not fit most peoples definition when we lined up against Bosnia. It was a toss up...so for it to be a real upset, yes it has to be a "big" team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

opine wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
We might have been lower ranked but calling us Underdogs in the traditional sense would not fit most peoples definition when we lined up against Bosnia. It was a toss up...so for it to be a real upset, yes it has to be a "big" team.
If we make it to the next round, then we would have to face a big team. I'm not too worried about us beating Argentina, lets just make the second round then if our main players are fit it will be a toss up even as underdogs.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It is going to be down to mentality.

Already we have a dreaded reputation even on a below par day.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

9ja has no chance of even coming out of the group stages if Akpeyi it first choice goalkeeper!!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

You cannot will world cup with Akpeyi and Ezenwa.

I predicted a group stage exit and stand by it if they end up being our GK
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

That's the idea.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

What's the fuss or excitement about his comments. What do you expect him to say ? Super Eagles is going there to lose . But do the facts on ground justify his comments? Do we have a realistic chance of coming out from the group emotions apart ? Who are these players with Super eagles we are expecting to perform miracles ? There is no question about it 99 % of SE are mediocre players which do not inspire any sort of confidence . You expect players like Musa, Akpeyi , Echejilie , John Ogu , Kelechi and Simon Moses to have stellar performances in the tournament . They can not give what they don't have.
However I love the euphoria and sanguine feelings SE fans are manifesting. I hope they are not setting up themselves for a massive disappointment . I hope and pray expectations are little bit lowered so that the impacts of the real result will not be adverse and devastating to ones health.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Robotnik wrote:You cannot will world cup with Akpeyi and Ezenwa.

I predicted a group stage exit and stand by it if they end up being our GK

Rohr know that for sure.
OCCUPY NFF!!