ROHR- I HOPE LEWANDOWSKI DOESN'T SCORE HAT-TRICK AGAINST US

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
ROHR- I HOPE LEWANDOWSKI DOESN'T SCORE HAT-TRICK AGAINST US

Post by Obong »

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/958 ... ianewsdesk

Robert Lewandowski fired a hat-trick for Bayern Munich against Hamburg at the weekend, but Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr said he hopes the Poland star striker does not do same when both countries clash in a World Cup warm-up later this month.

Poland host the Super Eagles in a friendly on March 23 as both teams step up their build-up for the World Cup in Russia in June.

Lewandowski, 29, plundered a treble in the 12th, 19th and 90 minutes to take his tally in the Bundesliga to 23 in 24 appearances.

“Lewandowski is one of the best scorers in the world, but I hope he will not score three goals against us,” said Rohr.

The Eagles coach further said team cohesion and not result will be paramount for the Poland friendly.

“It’s not about the result but the unity of the team,” he said.

He will also hope the game as well as that against Serbia four days will afford him a chance to have a closer look at young goalkeeper Francis Uzoho as well as fresh call-ups Joel Obi from Torino, Egypt-based striker Junior Ajayi and Akwa United front man Okechukwu Gabriel.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR- I HOPE LEWANDOWSKI DOESN'T SCORE HAT-TRICK AGAINST

Post by Flex Swift »

If Rohr makes the mistake of selecting Akpeyi na 6 goals 9ja go chop!!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Flex Swift wrote:If Rohr makes the mistake of selecting Akpeyi na 6 goals 9ja go chop!!!!
...rather that happen now than later :biggrin:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

A draw will be ok... We need to pace ourselves in these friendlies... 6 games in a 100 days... It's important to find our deficiencies and iron them out before June. It's all about tactics, players knowing how to play different formations and the team settling into a rhythm.

There is no point winning all our friendlies, exposing all our weaknesses, peaking too early and arriving in Russia exhausted..
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Mr Shows wrote:A draw will be ok... We need to pace ourselves in these friendlies... 6 games in a 100 days... It's important to find our deficiencies and iron them out before June. It's all about tactics, players knowing how to play different formations and the team settling into a rhythm.

There is no point winning all our friendlies, exposing all our weaknesses, peaking too early and arriving in Russia exhausted..

Please use a designated poster...dont post while drunk. So if they lose, they wont expose weaknesses?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:A draw will be ok... We need to pace ourselves in these friendlies... 6 games in a 100 days... It's important to find our deficiencies and iron them out before June. It's all about tactics, players knowing how to play different formations and the team settling into a rhythm.

Winning is a habit. I have never understood the whole "oh! Dont win, so that you fly under the radar." in 1998, we were humiliated left right and center, in the friendlies and we went to the world cup and still got humiliated by Denmark.

Winning is a habit. We must do everything to make Poland and Serbia feel the same pain as Argentina did. The more we win, the more confidence our team feels and the more winning becomes our habit.

More so, as Nigerians, we cant afford to lose. If we start losing now, best believe that these same Nigerians will call for Rohr to be fired and the whole team disbanded. After all, Onigbinde just turned 80, and he still looks strong.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

@ Danfo driver :lol: you got jokes. Onigbinde?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:@ Danfo driver :lol: you got jokes. Onigbinde?
Bro, I wont put anything passed these sycophants. All hands have to be on deck! We have to win every single friendly we play between now and the world cup. I know Nigerians very well. I have known them since the day I was born. If we lose any game or we struggle just a bit, best believe these people will start calling for the return of Enyeama, Ejide, Ambrose Efe, Oboabona, Ajagajugu, Emenike, Osaze, Ideye, etc etc. And they will tell us how we need technical help and Rohr needs to go, or at the very least, his assistants need to be replaced.

I know Nigerians very well. We cant take any chances. Even if we have to win every single game by 3-0, we will do it, just to make sure these sycophants do not get a sniff.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Great seeing all the boys proud they are headed for national duty and posting on social media. These will be good tests for them regardless of the outcome.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

ANC wrote:

Please use a designated poster...dont post while drunk. So if they lose, they wont expose weaknesses?
In English..... it defeats the purpose if we win all our games at the expense of ironing out the creases in the team.. Which is the 'object' of the 'preparation games'.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:@ Danfo driver :lol: you got jokes. Onigbinde?
Bro, I wont put anything passed these sycophants. All hands have to be on deck! We have to win every single friendly we play between now and the world cup. I know Nigerians very well. I have known them since the day I was born. If we lose any game or we struggle just a bit, best believe these people will start calling for the return of Enyeama, Ejide, Ambrose Efe, Oboabona, Ajagajugu, Emenike, Osaze, Ideye, etc etc. And they will tell us how we need technical help and Rohr needs to go, or at the very least, his assistants need to be replaced.

I know Nigerians very well. We cant take any chances. Even if we have to win every single game by 3-0, we will do it, just to make sure these sycophants do not get a sniff.
:agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

danfo driver wrote:

Winning is a habit. I have never understood the whole "oh! Dont win, so that you fly under the radar." in 1998, we were humiliated left right and center, in the friendlies and we went to the world cup and still got humiliated by Denmark.

Winning is a habit. We must do everything to make Poland and Serbia feel the same pain as Argentina did. The more we win, the more confidence our team feels and the more winning becomes our habit.

More so, as Nigerians, we cant afford to lose. If we start losing now, best believe that these same Nigerians will call for Rohr to be fired and the whole team disbanded. After all, Onigbinde just turned 80, and he still looks strong.
What is the primary objective of playing a friendly game in the run up to a major tournament sir?.... who said anything about not winning.. :blink: :dream:
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Kai my picture on CE, e gba mi
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Flex Swift wrote:If Rohr makes the mistake of selecting Akpeyi na 6 goals 9ja go chop!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Akpeyi don sofa well-well. Abeg, make una leaf the man alone-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

What is the primary objective of playing a friendly game in the run up to a major tournament sir?.... who said anything about not winning.. :blink: :dream:
Although many people think that the primary objective is "to discover your weaknesses," there is actually no specific primary objective. There are many objectives, including "boosting morale" and "learning to win." Some teams, including Germany, make sure that they play a worthless team before every tournament so they can beat them 10-0, why do you think that is the case? :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:
...rather that happen now than later :biggrin:
I think Akpeyi will be played in some of the friendly matches. However, Akpeyi's mistake will be more scrutinized compared to other keepers. Therefore, he is more in danger of losing his spot to Russia due to mistake(s) compared to Uzoho and Ezenwa.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Although many people think that the primary objective is "to discover your weaknesses," there is actually no specific primary objective. There are many objectives, including "boosting morale" and "learning to win." Some teams, including Germany, make sure that they play a worthless team before every tournament so they can beat them 10-0, why do you think that is the case? :lol:
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:

Is this type of response necessary? If you are/were addressed in this manner (unprovoked), will you like it?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Winning is a 'by product'..... not the primary objective... still confused?.... Regarding your analogy on Germany... I think you are confusing the European championship qualifiers with Friendly games... What makes you think beating a team 10-0 will serve as a moral booster for a team like German :roll: ..You play teams that will test your abilities , it's as simple as that :blush: :blush: Next up for England is Holland and Italy.. :???:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Odas wrote:
ANC wrote:

Is this type of response necessary? If you are/were addressed in this manner (unprovoked), will you like it?
Unfortunately free internet access and lower cost of mobile applications comes at a heavy price.... it's all good
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Winning is a 'by product'..... not the primary objective... still confused?.... Regarding your analogy on Germany... I think you are confusing the European championship qualifiers with Friendly games... What makes you think beating a team 10-0 will serve as a moral booster for a team like German :roll: ..You play teams that will test your abilities , it's as simple as that :blush: :blush: Next up for England is Holland and Italy.. :???:

I think you and I will not agree on this. You think there is only one primary objective for playing a friendly, I profoundly disagree. I think I can live with that. :D
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Primary does not denote that there are not others....
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

danfo driver wrote:

Why do those men look so pregnant? :idea: :shock: Are they competing with snake on how much money they can swallow?
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).