[UCL] Man United (1-2) Sevilla

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [UCL] Man United (1-2) Sevilla

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Sevilla deserves a lot of respect.
Actually, they dont. They were terrible! and Sevilla is a terrible team.
They were the better side in both legs

Let's not forget they've played top four English opponents four times this season and come out quite creditably
Easily! And a better team would have flogged United like they stole something!
Let them be rubbing oil on a stone so that they can swallow it without the stone getting stuck in their throat. Suddenly we are talking about United as if we are talking about Crystal Palace.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It was truly embarrassing, Uncle. As soon as I saw his love child, Fellaini in the midfield, I knew that he has lost it! unbelievable. na them know.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Useless team. :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Curve whiz wrote:It’s disappointing to see grown up Man Utd fans losing their rags like Arsenal supporters here. What last did you win EPL or UCL? Since Sir Alex left, Man U haven’t been this high on the table. So please shush it. Because City has had a phenomenal year, doesn’t mean other teams have been rubbish. Mentally, the gap and inability to close it must have been a huge psychological drain for the teams, especially Utd.

I don’t support Man Utd, but I have been a Jose watcher since his days at Chelsea. I know how Mourinho thinks now. I told some friends last week after Juventus and RM wins that Jose won’t really want to progress further now except Sevilla just dashed them goals. Jose is a realist. He knows this Man U team is not cohesive or mature enough to beat the big boys left. And with Spurs, and likely Chelsea tonight able to focus on only the UCL for the run in, Jose must have calculated its better to secure that direct qualification to the group stages next year and try to win the FA Cup, than get bogged down and end up 4th. That I believe is also the code behind the statement about Liverpool having UCL to worry about. I won’t be surprised if it’s Liverpool that ends in 5th come end of season.

Next season, Man Utd - even with the same players - would be a bigger threat on all fronts. City was like this last season, but see what stability and a good pre season have done for their confidence this season. Sack Mourinho now, and Utd sets themselves back 5 years. With the level of competition, they might even drop to West Ham level.
You must understand the fans disappointment, their club has spent decent money but many times the football on display has been uninspiring, players seem like they are on a leash, and it may have been understandable to lose at home to a European giant like Barcelona or the like.

I am not surprised how Mourinho's time here is turning out, that's what United fans should have expected, the fans did surprise me when they thought Mourinho would deliver Guardiola type of football.

But it's true United doesn't need the instability that may come with firing Jose abruptly now.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cally wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:It’s disappointing to see grown up Man Utd fans losing their rags like Arsenal supporters here. What last did you win EPL or UCL? Since Sir Alex left, Man U haven’t been this high on the table. So please shush it. Because City has had a phenomenal year, doesn’t mean other teams have been rubbish. Mentally, the gap and inability to close it must have been a huge psychological drain for the teams, especially Utd.

I don’t support Man Utd, but I have been a Jose watcher since his days at Chelsea. I know how Mourinho thinks now. I told some friends last week after Juventus and RM wins that Jose won’t really want to progress further now except Sevilla just dashed them goals. Jose is a realist. He knows this Man U team is not cohesive or mature enough to beat the big boys left. And with Spurs, and likely Chelsea tonight able to focus on only the UCL for the run in, Jose must have calculated its better to secure that direct qualification to the group stages next year and try to win the FA Cup, than get bogged down and end up 4th. That I believe is also the code behind the statement about Liverpool having UCL to worry about. I won’t be surprised if it’s Liverpool that ends in 5th come end of season.

Next season, Man Utd - even with the same players - would be a bigger threat on all fronts. City was like this last season, but see what stability and a good pre season have done for their confidence this season. Sack Mourinho now, and Utd sets themselves back 5 years. With the level of competition, they might even drop to West Ham level.
There's nothing we won't hear from this Mourinho groupies. Complete balderdash. If it's Arsenal fans now, you guys will congregate and yab them.
Oh boy I weak after I read that thing. :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i do not agree. you are saying JM purposefully sabotaged the most prestigious tournament (UCL), just to secure Top 4???????

JM will DEFINITELY not have the same players next season. Comparisons with City are not right as Spendiola inherited a better squad than JM.

We have no true LB and RB and we are short 1 CB. He's just bought sanchez and is forcing him into the team

Next season should be better

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Let's not forget they've played top four English opponents four times this season and come out quite creditably
OK, no problem. The Portuguese Pygmy and his billion $ team will meet the better team in the q/finals :mrgreen:
you're baaaaaackkkkk

Zee's back

welcome.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

OK, no problem. The Portuguese Pygmy and his billion $ team will meet the better team in the q/finals :mrgreen:
you're baaaaaackkkkk

Zee's back

welcome.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:

i do not agree. you are saying JM purposefully sabotaged the most prestigious tournament (UCL), just to secure Top 4???????

JM will DEFINITELY not have the same players next season. Comparisons with City are not right as Spendiola inherited a better squad than JM.

We have no true LB and RB and we are short 1 CB. He's just bought sanchez and is forcing him into the team

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What are the critics saying on twitter, lil birdy?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

tfco wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

you're baaaaaackkkkk

Zee's back

welcome.

'Oga Dean, e dey like say I go come back for more lectures oo' :cry: :cry:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
tfco wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

you're baaaaaackkkkk

Zee's back

welcome.

you cant have posted that with a straight face :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

tfco wrote:

Common man!! I know you hurting from yesterday (and I probably will be joining too in the post UCL exit Trauma) but the LB/RB is not factually correct. What is Darmian? What is Luke Shaw? Regardless, one does not have to play RB/LB from youth team in order to be labeled a "True" LB/RB.. Teams/Managers have successfully converted players from their natural positions to a new position. At CFC, Jose won league with Azpi as LB and Iva as RB. Gallas at LB. So if Jose picks up a "True" RB tomorrow, what will happen to Valencia?
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

you cant have posted that with a straight face :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You think that the football-coward will prefer this...............

posting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Foolish, cowardly, bus-parking brainless portugese pygmy :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

You think that the football-coward will prefer this...............

posting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Foolish, cowardly, bus-parking brainless portugese pygmy :mrgreen:
[/quote]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The life of a certified........................FOOTBALL-COWARD :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is everyone laughing at the football-coward? :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:The life of a certified........................FOOTBALL-COWARD :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is everyone laughing at the football-coward? :D
[/quote]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The confused look of a brainless, cowardly coach :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

zee wrote: 'Oga Dean, e dey like say I go come back for more lectures oo' :cry: :cry:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ManU REAL fans are saying.................. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

marko wrote:This game is not about Pogba, its about shameless tactics playjng at home, what have we got to be scared off? We have the players to do damage to sevilla but they were sitting on the bench, instead Felliani starts and sanchez, well we have to take the good with the bad, we appointed Mourinho, we know what he is all about, results, but if you cant bet results, then there is clearly something wrong
Home and Away.....................20 shots on De Gea is ridiculous. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

zee wrote:ManU REAL fans are saying.................. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I 1-2 know what kept you away??

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Sorry to bust your bubble but Mourinho's tactics in Seville and Old Trafford yesterday was rubbish, 20 shots on De Gea both home and away is rubbish.

The worst Sevilla team in YEARS and we only had 2 shots on them yesterday.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho is an enigma, even in defeat, he is not graceful, he will never acknowledge the winning side, well we hired him with his reputation, its either we put up or shut up, meaning if we feel he is nit up to the task, there is no point in keeping him for another season, when you see a whole Pogba misplace a simple lass, it speaks volumes, its like we were worn out, see i am watching barcelona, messi just scored, all i can see are 11 short men with skill, why do we need to get giants and for what purpose? We say we make the highest revenues worldwide in club football, prove it on the pitch not on FTSE 100 or dow jones, we need to start acting like the big club we are, real madrid does it, barcelona does it, so why cant we? Like i said, the board have a perfect opportunity to do the right thing at the end of the season, if we back Mourinho, then invest wisely, if not, let him go
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko