Nigeria Vs Croatia 11. Let’s compare

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Nigeria Vs Croatia 11. Let’s compare

Post by john12 »

Nigeria has been drawn in a fairly tough but conquerable group. We have Argentina, Croatia and Iceland and from a neutral perspective Nigeria or Croatia would be fighting for that 2nd position behind Argentina. (I agree) anyway, I believe that our game against Croatia would decide who will join Argentina from that group and this has made me to compare our strongest 11 to Croatia strongest 11

Nigeria. Vs Croatia
1) Uzoho (Deportivo) vs. subasic ( Monaco)
2, shehu ( Bursapor) vs. vslaiko ( Atletico Madrid)
3, idowu (ampker) Vs. strinic (Sampadoria)
4 Ndidi. {Leicester) vs. kovacavic ( Real Madrid)
5, balogun ( Mainz ) Vs loveren ( Liverpool)
6, Ekong. ( bursapor) vs d. Vida ( besiktas)
7, Moses ( Chelsea) vs kramaric ( hoffenheim)
8, Etebo. (Las Palmas) vs Rakitic ( Barcelona)
9 Iheanacho ( Leicester) vs madzukic (Juventus)
10, Mikel Obi (China) vs. Modric (Real Madrid)
11, Alex iwobi ( Arsenal) vs perisic ( inter Milan)

Before, I used to think that Croatia were ahead of us only in the midfield department but looking at their probable 11 Vs Ours and judging from transfer market value/international ratings, Croatia actually has a better defense, Midfield while forward is very debatable. However. As a patriotic Nigerian I believe that we can conquer them. Anyway, I want to see you guys opinion between the two teams
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia 11. Let’s compare

Post by john12 »

Looking at our squad it’s obvious that croatia has the better players (name) but we can win (hopeful). Anyway, this is why I’m really opposing the type of players that you guys suggest. It’s obvious that SE needs more QUALITY players in QUALITY Teams at QUALITY Leagues. We need more world class players and less backwater league players if we’re aspiring to achieve higher than our previous teams. It’s not like I have a personal preference towards any player or despises any player just that I want us to really achieve higher than our previous teams and the more we keep asking for backwater league players the less our chances of Performing exceptionally. At the end of the day wata go find its level
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Why don't you compare the team to 1994 Nigeria team and their clubs.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Comparing clubs is a poor barometer to judge the perceived strength of players from opposing countries.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Our 1994 team lost 2 games to Argentina and Italy. Also, while Bulgaria had 1 or 2 better players than us overall our players individually was rated higher than both Bulgaria and Greece.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Highbury i totally disagree your club is definitely one of the strongest barometer to judge a player. Why I you think that the best clubs aspire to sign the highest rated players?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

On paper they are ahead of us in every department, from goalie on up, but game is played on the green grass.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

lol
reality is setting in.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I really don't know the benefit of this comparisons apart from giving some people the shakes.
In all our wc appearances we were rarely, if at all, better than most of the teams we've ever played.

If you look st the opposition long enough, listen to them long enough, you'll turn back on the day of battle.

Lets concentrate on our own team. Concentrate on our strengths and work on our weaknesses. On the day of battle, it would be about who wants it most.
Last edited by pajimoh on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Is there any World Cup year we weren’t the worst team on paper in our group?

This comparison should be reserved for the Croatian forum. So they can ask their players and coaches how come they lost to such lower caliber of players.

For me, the team I actually fear is Iceland. Because they are a TEAM.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Trying to compare the 2 teams on paper is a mathematical exercise and in football 1+1 does not always equal 2. If you take the Senegalese side that beat France, Or the Roger Milla side that beat Maradona, or the Nigeria side that put paid to Spain's ambitions in France'98, It's all down to who shows up more determined and prepared on the day. Alas, I just watched a Seville side knock Manu out of the CL at home.

Something tells me the game will be drawn 1-1 and we will beat Iceland 2-1, therefore going into the Argentina game with 4 points. Nigeria will take the game to Argentina and I suspect will be drawn, with us qualifying with 5 points.
Last edited by Mr Shows on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I actually thought you was going to give us an analysis on each player and just their names and clubs,yes Croatia has players in big clubs in Europe that was clear to many before reading this but if Nigeria play to the best of their ability for 90+ minutes Croatia won’t find it easy!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:For me, the team I actually fear is Iceland. Because they are a TEAM.
A team whose most gifted player is set to miss the World Cup.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

South Korea, Greece, Iran were not better than us.

I don't remember what the FIFA ranking said (but that ranking is a joke).
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

[quote="john12"]Looking at our squad it’s obvious that croatia has the better players (name) but we can win (hopeful). Anyway, this is why I’m really opposing the type of players that you guys suggest. It’s obvious that SE needs more QUALITY players in QUALITY Teams at QUALITY Leagues. We need more world class players and less backwater league players if we’re aspiring to achieve higher than our previous teams. It’s not like I have a personal preference towards any player or despises any player just that I want us to really achieve higher than our previous teams and the more we keep asking for backwater league players the less our chances of Performing exceptionally. At the end of the day wata go find its level[/ well based on Musa's performance, skill and talent he is not worthy to come close to SE camp unless as a water boy.,
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:For me, the team I actually fear is Iceland. Because they are a TEAM.
Which will motivate those Vikings all the more. Iceland will come ready for 90 minutes and extra time. Their paucity of quality is concealed by an energy sapping willingness to work. They're a far better outfit than their last showing at the Euros. Their achilles heel remains their lack of second dimension, however, it's a 12 rounder, with no towel in the corner and no TKO.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Lets be honest to ourselves without any bias or equivocation if SE beats Croatia it is definitely an upset but they beat us it is expected. I have been wondering all these sanguine feelings where is it emanating from. It is absolutely self aggrandizement which is not justifiable with what is on ground. Heartily some people are setting themselves up for a severe myocardia infarction . The earlier we tone down our expectations the better for most of us.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Which will motivate those Vikings all the more. Iceland will come ready for 90 minutes and extra time. Their paucity of quality is concealed by an energy sapping willingness to work. They're a far better outfit than their last showing at the Euros. Their achilles heel remains their lack of second dimension, however, it's a 12 rounder, with no towel in the corner and no TKO.
Not necessarily. It's a World Cup - if they weren't already going to be 100% motivated then they're not ready at all. I saw them at the Euros - to say they're a much better team than their showing is a bit of an exaggeration tbh. Not taking them lightly, however.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

john12 wrote:Nigeria has been drawn in a fairly tough but conquerable group. We have Argentina, Croatia and Iceland and from a neutral perspective Nigeria or Croatia would be fighting for that 2nd position behind Argentina. (I agree) anyway, I believe that our game against Croatia would decide who will join Argentina from that group and this has made me to compare our strongest 11 to Croatia strongest 11

Nigeria. Vs Croatia
1) Uzoho (Deportivo) vs. subasic ( Monaco)
2, shehu ( Bursapor) vs. vslaiko ( Atletico Madrid)
3, idowu (ampker) Vs. strinic (Sampadoria)
4 Ndidi. {Leicester) vs. kovacavic ( Real Madrid)
5, balogun ( Mainz ) Vs loveren ( Liverpool)
6, Ekong. ( bursapor) vs d. Vida ( besiktas)
7, Moses ( Chelsea) vs kramaric ( hoffenheim)
8, Etebo. (Las Palmas) vs Rakitic ( Barcelona)
9 Iheanacho ( Leicester) vs madzukic (Juventus)
10, Mikel Obi (China) vs. Modric (Real Madrid)
11, Alex iwobi ( Arsenal) vs perisic ( inter Milan)

Before, I used to think that Croatia were ahead of us only in the midfield department but looking at their probable 11 Vs Ours and judging from transfer market value/international ratings, Croatia actually has a better defense, Midfield while forward is very debatable. However. As a patriotic Nigerian I believe that we can conquer them. Anyway, I want to see you guys opinion between the two teams

Look at this Agent, how can you ignore your client Musa from the strongest SE 11, with all his experience and goals? :blink:
Anyway, if you want to talk about our strongest 11 then Ebuehi replaces shehu and onazi replaces etebo. To have a chance the SE must pick intelligent players over gra gra penalty/free kick gifting players.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

To not be worried about that list is to be an Ostritch only with your head not just buried in the sand, but up your backside.

It’s gonna be tough. Very tough.

The main thing we have going for us is a stable team that is still on an upward trajectory.

One thing that would be interesting to compare would be average age. My rough guess is our team average age is just below optimum age for a footballer (26) and there’s would be older.

My hunch is for the neutral, this will be one heck of a game. Contrasting styles, teams at different stages of evolution, attacking flair on both sides, a dynamic midfield versus a robust one, and a whole host of unknowns.

For now, I’d give Croatia the edge, but I wouldn’t bet agains Rohr and his men.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

john12 wrote:Our 1994 team lost 2 games to Argentina and Italy. Also, while Bulgaria had 1 or 2 better players than us overall our players individually was rated higher than both Bulgaria and Greece.
Nobody rated our team higher than Bulgaria and Greece in 94!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

If una tok finish, make una tell me make I tok my own. Eh-heee! Elm, well, my own bi say Croatia go loose to us, dats all.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Do the same thing for Algeria.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!