Nigeria Vs Croatia 11. Let’s compare

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia 11. Let’s compare

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
john12 wrote:Our 1994 team lost 2 games to Argentina and Italy. Also, while Bulgaria had 1 or 2 better players than us overall our players individually was rated higher than both Bulgaria and Greece.
Nobody rated our team higher than Bulgaria and Greece in 94!
Actually, FIFA did

http://football24.info/fifa-ranking/

But lets just say what we feel. Who cares about recalling the facts from the time or researching the issues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:
john12 wrote:Our 1994 team lost 2 games to Argentina and Italy. Also, while Bulgaria had 1 or 2 better players than us overall our players individually was rated higher than both Bulgaria and Greece.
Nobody rated our team higher than Bulgaria and Greece in 94!
Actually, FIFA did

http://football24.info/fifa-ranking/

But lets just say what we feel. Who cares about recalling the facts from the time or researching the issues.

So we are now accepting Fifa ranking now? :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:On paper they are ahead of us in every department, from goalie on up, but game is played on the green grass.
Keep telling yourself that. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No chance Vida or Lovren gets into the SEs.

I dont know their left back, so I cant comment.

Ndidi will walk.. even twerk into Croatia EASILY!!! Who is better thab Ndidi? Kovacic? or Brozovic? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And Kramaric is not half the player Moses or Iwobi are.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I actually thought you was going to give us an analysis on each player and just their names and clubs,yes Croatia has players in big clubs in Europe that was clear to many before reading this but if Nigeria play to the best of their ability for 90+ minutes Croatia won’t find it easy!
Analysis ke? Bro, welcome to Cybereagles 2018! What the hell you think this is? Cybereagles 2003? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Which will motivate those Vikings all the more.
Good! we also have our own motivations.
Iceland will come ready for 90 minutes and extra time.

And Nigeria will come ready for 15 minutes abi?
Their paucity of quality is concealed by an energy sapping willingness to work.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: have you watched Nigeria recently?? You do realize that we have moved more into a german team of energy and hardwork?? lets see them outwork Ndidi and Onazi in the middle. :lol:
They're a far better outfit than their last showing at the Euros.

And Nigeria is not a far better outfit than our last showing at the world cup?
Their achilles heel remains their lack of second dimension, however, it's a 12 rounder, with no towel in the corner and no TKO.
Tell that to Mike Tyson. You can come prepared for the 12 rounder, but we are kncoking your foooking assssss out in the first round!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote:To not be worried about that list is to be an Ostritch only with your head not just buried in the sand, but up your backside.

It’s gonna be tough. Very tough.

The main thing we have going for us is a stable team that is still on an upward trajectory.

One thing that would be interesting to compare would be average age. My rough guess is our team average age is just below optimum age for a footballer (26) and there’s would be older.

My hunch is for the neutral, this will be one heck of a game. Contrasting styles, teams at different stages of evolution, attacking flair on both sides, a dynamic midfield versus a robust one, and a whole host of unknowns.

For now, I’d give Croatia the edge, but I wouldn’t bet agains Rohr and his men.

Actually, to not be worried about that list is to know your own qualities!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:On paper they are ahead of us in every department, from goalie on up, but game is played on the green grass.

Ndidi will walk.. even twerk into Croatia EASILY!!! Who is better thab Ndidi? Kovacic? or Brozovic? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Thanks for agreeing with me :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Oga danfo driver, I understand your patriotism to Nigeria however, are you insinuating that the likes of Ndidi and iwobi are better than kovavic or perisic? How come they play for Lower club and are rated lesser than the two Croatians?? Do you think clubs aren’t being partial? Someone made a great point here in the past. He claimed that you shouldn’t judge Nigerian players abilities by their club names because most Nigerian players just sign contract to play football irrespective of other qualities.
Last edited by john12 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: delusional
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Along with Iceland, we are the clear underdogs in our group. Anyone who says anything to the contrary is delusional.

Personally, I think this is a good thing, as long as we embrace our underdog status.
We have generally performed better when facing teams and games we are expected to lose by default.

The current Super Eagles team is built not for this World Cup, but for the next one.
We have many young, promising players that are far from entering their prime. Instead of setting false expectations, lets rally behind our team and wish them the best result possible (in this case it should be qualifying from our group).

Anything else that happens is a bonus.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: delusional
Croatia definitely is if they think the game will be played on paper! Ol boy we get understanding :clap: :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Me, I have entered the no jinx phase of World Cup preparation. No be from my mouth you go hear say we better pass anybody.

Fa Fa Fa Foul!!!
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

On the pitch Nigeria over powers Croatia based on youth. Croatia will have more of the ball. Who scores the most number of goals is another story entirely.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

deanotito wrote:Me, I have entered the no jinx phase of World Cup preparation. No be from my mouth you go hear say we better pass anybody.

Fa Fa Fa Foul!!!
Kpom Kwem! Me na to just show up and support the team and hoping after the fact that will we would be celebrating.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:Me, I have entered the no jinx phase of World Cup preparation. No be from my mouth you go hear say we better pass anybody.

Fa Fa Fa Foul!!!
Kpom Kwem! Me na to just show up and support the team and hoping after the fact that will we would be celebrating.
No open mouth abeg lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

maceo4 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Fa Fa Fa Foul!!!
No open mouth abeg lol
When I no craze... :twisted:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Robbynice wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Fa Fa Fa Foul!!!
No open mouth abeg lol
Craze never stop before :tic: But this time I take Jehovah beg you, no open mouth, biko :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Fa Fa Fa Foul!!!
No open mouth abeg lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Our group is a tough one. All our 3 games will be close and on paper Argentina and Croatia have higher profile players than us. Croatia may end up being tougher than Argentina. Argentina also better bring their A game too and not just rely on Messi, or they may end up being knocked out in the 1st round.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

john12 wrote:Nigeria has been drawn in a fairly tough but conquerable group. We have Argentina, Croatia and Iceland and from a neutral perspective Nigeria or Croatia would be fighting for that 2nd position behind Argentina. (I agree) anyway, I believe that our game against Croatia would decide who will join Argentina from that group and this has made me to compare our strongest 11 to Croatia strongest 11

Nigeria. Vs Croatia
1) Uzoho (Deportivo) vs. subasic ( Monaco)
2, shehu ( Bursapor) vs. vslaiko ( Atletico Madrid)
3, idowu (ampker) Vs. strinic (Sampadoria)
4 Ndidi. {Leicester) vs. kovacavic ( Real Madrid)
5, balogun ( Mainz ) Vs loveren ( Liverpool)
6, Ekong. ( bursapor) vs d. Vida ( besiktas)
7, Moses ( Chelsea) vs kramaric ( hoffenheim)
8, Etebo. (Las Palmas) vs Rakitic ( Barcelona)
9 Iheanacho ( Leicester) vs madzukic (Juventus)
10, Mikel Obi (China) vs. Modric (Real Madrid)
11, Alex iwobi ( Arsenal) vs perisic ( inter Milan)

Before, I used to think that Croatia were ahead of us only in the midfield department but looking at their probable 11 Vs Ours and judging from transfer market value/international ratings, Croatia actually has a better defense, Midfield while forward is very debatable. However. As a patriotic Nigerian I believe that we can conquer them. Anyway, I want to see you guys opinion between the two teams
That is why i have always been against players in CHina. Apart from Mikel that has proven himself winning the biggest club football laurel in Europe, if you are not in the TOp 10 League of the world, or the CLEAR BEST in a lower league (like KAyode in AUstria).
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Chief you’re being too generous. We should aim for top 5 leagues and not top 10 although Experienced legends would always have a pass because there’s nothing to prove and they have won it all. This is in reference to people like mikel
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Croatia has very good and some world class players, but believe it or not, their mentality is similar to ours. I expect them to crumble from within due to in-fighting, cliques and disrepect for their LC. Sounds familiar?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

okuns wrote:Croatia has very good and some world class players, but believe it or not, their mentality is similar to ours. I expect them to crumble from within due to in-fighting, cliques and disrepect for their LC. Sounds familiar?
Yes. They are Cameroon in disguise. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.