Rohr Interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Rohr Interview

Post by Mr Shows »

Below is my summary from the article.....

On VAR:
He is happy with the technology and reckons it will gain more popularity over time.

Re WC Qualification:
Was surprised that we qualified as quickly as we did and was expecting it to be a lot more difficult. Put our qualification down to mental strength (coping well with injuries and setbacks), playing as a unit and tactical astuteness.

On the WC grouping:
Acknowledges that we are underdogs as per the FIFA rankings but states “we are underdogs with an ambition”. Reckons it will be tough but qualification through to the round of 16 is our target.

On preparation for our WC group opponents:
Opponents with similar playing styles have been lined up in our friendlies. Plans to send scouts to watch all their games + he has already started to analyse videos. He also plans to keep tabs on our best players to ensure the best are selected for the squad.

On plans for playing against Messi:
In the event that he is in the line-up against us, there is special plan. Plan is to deal with him as a collective. Just as we did against Mane and Mahrez.

On the Argentina Friendly:
Put the win in context (no Messi + fatigue from playing Russia shortly before). Reckons the win wasn’t to our advantage, as Argentina won’t take us lightly in the next game.

On Match bonuses and allowances:
Emphatic, all sorted! Expects all parties to uphold their part of the bargain.

On players that form the backbone of the team:
Said a mixture of young and experienced players are very important to the team, named VM, Iwobi, Troost & Balogun. But the most important leaders in the team he listed as Mikel, Onazi and Musa (read what you like into that..)

On Akpeyi’s chances:
Reckons he has a good chance to being ‘one’ of the 3 goalkeepers that will make it to Russia. Put Ezenwa and Uzoho in the frame also. (looks like he has left if open for them to fight for first spot).

On Vincent Enyeama:
Noted he is 3rd choice at Lille, isn’t playing and wasn’t able to get a move in the January window. Consequently, said his return to the SE is “Not really up for debate”.

On lessons from the South Africa defeat:
Regretted the defeat, noted that we had key players unavailable and SA took their chances on the day. The team self-evaluated, a few things were tweaked and the team responded well in the 2 games against Cameroon. Noted the need to remain modest in victory, as SA went on to lose several keys games after that. Aims to put things right in the return leg.

On Africa’s Chances at the WC:
Rates Egypt highly based on Salah (+ winning CAF best team and coach). Thinks Senegal is strong, Tunisia (for their league), Morocco (for having Herve Renard). Hopes all teams make the second round. His aspiration is for Nigeria to make the Semi’s.

On who he thinks will make the finals:
His heart says Germany & France. Brazil is always a favourite. Noted a surprise team always makes the semi’s. Hopes it will be one of the African teams.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr Interview

Post by danfo driver »

• On Vincent Enyeama:
Noted he is 3rd choice at Lille, isn’t playing and wasn’t able to get a move in the January window. Consequently, said his return to the SE is “Not really up for debate”.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Two cybereagle members just collapsed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Very pragmatic coach, hopefully we can get out of our group, but I don't see Argentina resting Messi against us, they will want to give it to us, and I just hope we are pretty much through at that point.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Thank you very much for sharing. Kai some people will not be happy to read that Rohr considers the following as his most important players to the team
Mikel
Onazi
Musa.

Again, the man places a huge amount of importance on experience
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

• On the Argentina Friendly:
Put the win in context (no Messi + fatigue from playing Russia shortly before). Reckons the win wasn’t to our advantage, as Argentina won’t take us lightly in the next game.
Rohr is very wise. As I have said previously, it is unwise for us to trumpet our recent victory in a friendly against Argentina. We have painted a target on our backs and will need to work twice as hard now to make sure we deserve that target moving forward.

I just hope we dont need 3 points from our 3rd group game against Argentina, because they would love nothing else but to knock us out of the world cup.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:

Two cybereagle members just collapsed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Now THAT is a clear unambiguous statement on Enyeama.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:

Yep, Rohr's been saying the same thing tho, bobo has to play to be considered, so all the argument is useless until Vince starts playing and I don't think Rohr will break that rule...and I don't think Vince will get much if any PT at Lille before the WC...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:

Yep, Rohr's been saying the same thing tho, bobo has to play to be considered, so all the argument is useless until Vince starts playing and I don't think Rohr will break that rule...and I don't think Vince will get much if any PT at Lille before the WC...
Let's not pretend this thing no take style pain you sha :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:Very pragmatic coach, hopefully we can get out of our group, but I don't see Argentina resting Messi against us, they will want to give it to us, and I just hope we are pretty much through at that point.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:Thank you very much for sharing. Kai some people will not be happy to read that Rohr considers the following as his most important players to the team
Mikel
Onazi
Musa.

He said, "most important leaders" not "players." I expect Musa to make the world cup (rightly so), and I expect him to sit his behind on the bench. He is one of my least favorite players in the history of the game, because he is dumb. him and ramires, but truth be told, I am loving the way this team has been created. A tight unit!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Didnt you see his post about "Argentina not resting Messi." The guy began to talk unrelated nonsense, just to "scare cybereagles members" because he is hurt. Imagine the nonsense he wrote:

Very pragmatic coach, hopefully we can get out of our group, but I don't see Argentina resting Messi against us, they will want to give it to us, and I just hope we are pretty much through at that point.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The pain of a crook being told to "get out of here!" is very deep! Pleaseeeee.. Argentina can bring back Maradona if they want, thats their problem!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:

Of cause nau I was :atc: :atc: :atc: then it turned into full :cry: :cry: :cry:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:

Didnt you see his post about "Argentina not resting Messi." The guy began to talk unrelated nonsense, just to "scare cybereagles members" because he is hurt. Imagine the nonsense he wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The pain of a crook being told to "get out of here!" is very deep! Pleaseeeee.. Argentina can bring back Maradona if they want, thats their problem!
Argentina is the top team in our group, but that is "unrelated nonsense" to your one track mind. And its nonsense to hope we get out of the group stage...ol boy, you try sha, keep it up, but since I've collapse, please drop that your dancing gif so I can resurrect :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:

Argentina is the top team in our group, but that is "unrelated nonsense" to your one track mind. And its nonsense to hope we get out of the group stage...ol boy, you try sha, keep it up, but since I've collapse, please drop that your dancing gif so I can resurrect :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This thing pain you well well. Your treasonous crook will NOT be going to the world cup! simple as that! Argentina can be fantastic as much as they like, Enyeama will NOT be there to experience it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Thank you very much for sharing. Kai some people will not be happy to read that Rohr considers the following as his most important players to the team
Mikel
Onazi
Musa.

He said, "most important leaders" not "players." I expect Musa to make the world cup (rightly so), and I expect him to sit his behind on the bench. He is one of my least favorite players in the history of the game, because he is dumb. him and ramires, but truth be told, I am loving the way this team has been created. A tight unit!

Fair point. The question was "which players would you describe as the backbone of the team" Rohr by highlighting Mikel and pointing out there are very few experienced players on the team. He lists a bunch of players as important and then stresses that Mikel and those other two are the most important leaders.

My point was towards those questioning why Musa keeps getting called back to the team in spite of his travails at Leicester. I agree 100% that (barring some miracle) he should not start, but can be an impact sub.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:

This thing pain you well well. Your treasonous crook will NOT be going to the world cup! simple as that! Argentina can be fantastic as much as they like, Enyeama will NOT be there to experience it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ol boy, it pain me o sotey I collapse...you no wan do your boy a favor and drop the dancing gif so I can feel better, I searched everywhere for it, I can't find it! Abeg drop am so I can feel better :clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

South Africa celebrated their victory over Nigeria and lost most of their qualifiers. Nigeria celebrated their victory over Argentina...We should be humble.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robotnik wrote:South Africa celebrated their victory over Nigeria and lost most of their qualifiers. Nigeria celebrated their victory over Argentina...We should be humble.
Ol boy, who you telling, they will be gunning for us, lets hope we don't need points in that game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:South Africa celebrated their victory over Nigeria and lost most of their qualifiers. Nigeria celebrated their victory over Argentina...We should be humble.
Ol boy, who you telling, they will be gunning for us, lets hope we don't need points in that game.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Rohr is a clown, so he does not believe that Nigeria will make the final? No wonder he is forcing junks like Musa and akpeyi on Nigerians.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ah ah now, why you following a collapsed person around? While you are at it u fit help me drop that dancing gif?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ah ah now, why you following a collapsed person around? While you are at it u fit help me drop that dancing gif?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!