Rohr Interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr Interview

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:South Africa celebrated their victory over Nigeria and lost most of their qualifiers. Nigeria celebrated their victory over Argentina...We should be humble.
Ol boy, who you telling, they will be gunning for us, lets hope we don't need points in that game.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ah ah now, why you following a collapsed person around? While you are at it u fit help me drop that dancing gif?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

charlie wrote:
• On the Argentina Friendly:
Put the win in context (no Messi + fatigue from playing Russia shortly before). Reckons the win wasn’t to our advantage, as Argentina won’t take us lightly in the next game.
Rohr is very wise. As I have said previously, it is unwise for us to trumpet our recent victory in a friendly against Argentina. We have painted a target on our backs and will need to work twice as hard now to make sure we deserve that target moving forward.

I just hope we dont need 3 points from our 3rd group game against Argentina, because they would love nothing else but to knock us out of the world cup.
Don't tell that to Emir Kongi and et al.
To them, Argentina's game will be a formality as either they or 9ja, would have already qualified.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

9jaMan wrote:Rohr is a clown, so he does not believe that Nigeria will make the final? No wonder he is forcing junks like Musa and akpeyi on Nigerians.

He is a realist. " Mere belief gets you absolutely nowhere"
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:South Africa celebrated their victory over Nigeria and lost most of their qualifiers. Nigeria celebrated their victory over Argentina...We should be humble.
Ol boy, who you telling, they will be gunning for us, lets hope we don't need points in that game.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ah ah now, why you following a collapsed person around? While you are at it u fit help me drop that dancing gif?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:woot:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I just got a video of Obong Itatex. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Mane and Mahrez are not Messi! :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

metalalloy wrote:Thank you very much for sharing. Kai some people will not be happy to read that Rohr considers the following as his most important players to the team
Mikel
Onazi
Musa.

Again, the man places a huge amount of importance on experience

pls say it again! especially for musas case! the joker in our team! musa should just work on his crossing, because he is def one of our top platey
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I think the CHinese league is still hiring. Eyeama should move their asap. or even Dubai, Norway or one of them leagues that commence around this time.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Mr Shows wrote: Below is my summary from the article.....

On the Argentina Friendly:
Put the win in context (no Messi + fatigue from playing Russia shortly before). Reckons the win wasn’t to our advantage, as Argentina won’t take us lightly in the next game.
This is exactly what I thought and said before we played Argentina and some people thought otherwise.
Last edited by Odas on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The result vs Argentina isn't that important.... surprised by Rohr's angle on it. All he needs to say is that nobody should get carried away and then talk up the positives rather than timid words about a friendly win not being to our advantage.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:Thank you very much for sharing. Kai some people will not be happy to read that Rohr considers the following as his most important players to the team
Mikel
Onazi
Musa.

Again, the man places a huge amount of importance on experience
Yeah, no matter what, everybody will not be happy - in some decisions - due to one reason or the other and this will not be different.

Anyway, those who will be unhappy, na dem sabi. The coach don tok.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:
Noted he is 3rd choice at Lille, isn’t playing and wasn’t able to get a move in the January window. Consequently, said his return to the SE is “Not really up for debate”.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Two cybereagle members just collapsed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Now THAT is a clear unambiguous statement on Enyeama.
Finally, all the arguments and et al., are OVER. Now we can all go to the next stage about our team and who our keepers will be, and why
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

9jaMan wrote:Rohr is a clown, so he does not believe that Nigeria will make the final? No wonder he is forcing junks like Musa and akpeyi on Nigerians.
What? Are you serious or you are simply being sarcastic?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:The result vs Argentina isn't that important.... surprised by Rohr's angle on it. All he needs to say is that nobody should get carried away and then talk up the positives rather than timid words about a friendly win not being to our advantage.

His answer is very measured and appropriate. Why should he write a check with his mouth he cant cash? The question was "in one of your last friendly games, you faced Argentina and beat them, somewhat surprisingly 4-2. Do you think the game was an indicator of what is to come from your side?"

he rightfully pointed out that the game had to be put in context and gave reasons why. He is 100% correct in stating that we remain cautious , should not overrate the result and that it will make Argentina (and other teams)take us seriously in the WC game.

What is wrong with that?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:

I agree with him. I understand trying to make us look like the underdog, but I hope he does not actually think we don't have a chance. What actually concerns me the most in the interview is that he said he wishes Germany and France are in the finals. What will be his mindset if we meet either team in the knockout stage?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

1naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

I agree with him. I understand trying to make us look like the underdog, but I hope he does not actually think we don't have a chance. What actually concerns me the most in the interview is that he said he wishes Germany and France are in the finals. What will be his mindset if we meet either team in the knockout stage?
Rohr is simply keeping his player's feet firmly on the ground..So they don't get carried away. Beating Germany will give him recognition and respect back home, sentiments aside, I am sure Rohr won't mind that..
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

• On Vincent Enyeama:
Noted he is 3rd choice at Lille, isn’t playing and wasn’t able to get a move in the January window. Consequently, said his return to the SE is “Not really up for debate”.

Two cybereagle members just collapsed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Now THAT is a clear unambiguous statement on Enyeama.
Finally, all the arguments and et al., are OVER. Now we can all go to the next stage about our team and who our keepers will be, and why
Thank God!

At least, we will never have to hear that name again and he can move on and try to revive his career in the wilderness. Abeg! :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

He didn't say we don't have a chance. But no matter how you spin it, nothing changes the fact thats we are the 52nd ranked team and lowest ranked team in our group, and the youngest team in the torunament. We have missed the last couple of nations cups. There is NOTHING that suggests we are in a position to reach the WC final. Setting unrealistic goals at this point is a sure recipe for failure. He has set a fair QF target.

As for wishing for a Germany vs France final, LOL the guy is german and lived and coached in France for years what do you want him to say. IF we happen to meet either team in the knockout stage it is in his interest to defeat them as it boosts his career. There is noting wrong with setting realistic goals and being honest/frank in interviews. I respect him for that.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:The result vs Argentina isn't that important.... surprised by Rohr's angle on it. All he needs to say is that nobody should get carried away and then talk up the positives rather than timid words about a friendly win not being to our advantage.

His answer is very measured and appropriate. Why should he write a check with his mouth he cant cash? The question was "in one of your last friendly games, you faced Argentina and beat them, somewhat surprisingly 4-2. Do you think the game was an indicator of what is to come from your side?"

he rightfully pointed out that the game had to be put in context and gave reasons why. He is 100% correct in stating that we remain cautious , should not overrate the result and that it will make Argentina (and other teams)take us seriously in the WC game.

What is wrong with that?
Cool. I was going by the summary provided by Mr Shows.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

danfo driver wrote:Image

Obong! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

In my opinion, Vince is still the man!

Yes, he is getting up there in age, but historically the best GKs in the world have mostly been guys in their mid to late 30s.
I just wonder with more intensive cardio training, and 5 friendlies to go - if we won't have gotten our "Enyeamagnet" back.
His reaction time is still unbelievable. Mad respect!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Na wah for you O? Your still showing all these staged videos, huh?
Isn't this obvious to you that this isn't the Lille first team training grounds?
LOSC Lille train at their grounds in Domaine de Luchin. Enyeama trains are Wasquehal, which is 20 mins away.
Obong wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Otitokoro on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.