Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea

Post by airwolex »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Are you minding Airwolex? He is probably posting from a peppersoup joint as we speak.

Brazil '82 scores 2 goals against Italy AND still loses, Airwolex claims the Italians were masters of defense on that day, and if the match went on forever, Brazil was never going to win.

Chelsea scores ZERO goals and concedes THREE against Barca. Airwolex claims the Barca's defense was just riding their luck...OK o.
I don't believe I said that...I said Italy was better on the day and would have won if the match went on for 1 more hour. I don't think I ever said they were masters fo defense...they outplayed Brazil. Barca defense did ride their luck and was lucky not to concede. I have listed the chances, the fact that a soccer team didn't concede doesn't mean they weren't lucky.

So has Barca been lucky all season, in Europe and in Spain?
They were lucky yesterday and in the first leg. Their defense was bad yesterday. I don't watch those midgets and La Liga on a normal day. :D
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

airwolex wrote:
Are you minding Airwolex? He is probably posting from a peppersoup joint as we speak.

Brazil '82 scores 2 goals against Italy AND still loses, Airwolex claims the Italians were masters of defense on that day, and if the match went on forever, Brazil was never going to win.

Chelsea scores ZERO goals and concedes THREE against Barca. Airwolex claims the Barca's defense was just riding their luck...OK o.
I don't believe I said that...I said Italy was better on the day and would have won if the match went on for 1 more hour. I don't think I ever said they were masters fo defense...they outplayed Brazil. Barca defense did ride their luck and was lucky not to concede. I have listed the chances, the fact that a soccer team didn't concede doesn't mean they weren't lucky.
Little wonder Enzo Bearzot was chanting on a rosary!!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
airwolex wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:This game told me more about Barca than Chelsea.

Never have I seen Barca so resolute in defense. As much pressure as Chelsea applied there were no wonder saves from Ter Stegen because of the collective discipline from Barca. I mean gosh Dembele was making a sliding tackle in 18 yard box to prevent Alonso scoring! I tried to imagine Hazard doing that......

And then that Umtiti fella. Has any Barcelona player had more blocks/clearances in a game than he did yesterday??? Chelsea put their foot on Barca’s throat and Barca stuffed em right back and sprinkled Messi on top. Courtois being a cheerful giver.

As a Chelsea fan...today made me realize that when it’s not ur day, nothing u can do. Just carry ur ball go house.
Bro, I go slow down a bit on hyping up Barca's defense. While Barca's D held up well, I will also point to CFC's lack of execution in final 3rd.. Watching the game, I noticed 3 key things
1. Barca's right side is weak. Think of the number of times Alonso found himself free in the left side of the box 18. A quicker/better player would have taken advantage.

2. Willian and Kante had so much joy driving through Barca's "slow" midfield. Barca's midfield looks like a team that will struggle with fast paced/skillful ball carriers (Sane/Mane/Salah). Granted Paulinho did not start yesterday.

3. When in the offensive 3rd, CFC lacked ideas on how to consistently test Barca's D. There was little intricate passing or off ball movement. Willian & Hazard kept wanting to come to the ball as opposed to making off ball runs. Only Alonso was trying to make runs into the box from the left..

I think a Pool/City are most suited to properly test that Barca defense. Does not mean their Defense might fair well against Messi..
You sabi ball. This Barca's defensive unit is very English. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

last ditch tackles, riding their luck with shots coming of the ball, brave blocks. This is not a good team defensively. Their fullbacks are poor and Pique and Umiti are both slow.
how many goals did Chelsea score over 2 legs against a team that is not good defensively? How many goals has Ream Madrid scored against them this season?
First, CFC is not a good yard stick. A team that has only scored 52 goals in 30 EPL games. 1.7 goals a game. CFC is just not an offensively strong team IMO.. Regardless, CfC scored 1 while hitting the post 4 times over the 2 legs.. For such a strong defense, they still managed to ride the luck of the crossbar 4 times!!!! How did they give up those shots? Not like CFC were taking the shots from center circle :idea: :idea: :idea:

By the way, Madrid has put 5 goals past Barca this season. Except you want to discount Spanish supercup.. :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

A lot of emotional blabber from Chelski fans with hurt feelings

What they need to be reminded is the score was three kondo. What I saw was a Barca team that was supremely confident they could handle anything that Chelski threw at them. Folks talk about Kanye and Willan having good reason na. This is true. But the follow up question is where did they go with these runs? Did they score or create good shots? The answer is no because Barca played great collective defense. They got past one man on occasion but they were more often than not cut off by another player.

Someone said Chelsea dominated large parts of the game. That's not true. Chelsea had their moments but did not dominate in total.

Barca played within themselves. They didn't even shift to their next gear
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote:A lot of emotional blabber from Chelski fans with hurt feelings

What they need to be reminded is the score was three kondo. What I saw was a Barca team that was supremely confident they could handle anything that Chelski threw at them. Folks talk about Kanye and Willan having good reason na. This is true. But the follow up question is where did they go with these runs? Did they score or create good shots? The answer is no because Barca played great collective defense. They got past one man on occasion but they were more often than not cut off by another player.

Someone said Chelsea dominated large parts of the game. That's not true. Chelsea had their moments but did not dominate in total.

Barca played within themselves. They didn't even shift to their next gear

Yujam............ please keep preaching............... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Barca dis Barca dat. Wait until anoda team exposes them for what they really are b4 the final. Best team in the world right now...Not.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Watched the game again.

Reminds you of Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton fight:

Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.

Even the English commentators for this match reminded me of Hatton's fans. Simply hilarious :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp