Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea

Post by charlie »

YUJAM wrote:They are slightly more cynical compared to Peo's teams. But jeez they got some serious balance
YUJAM wrote:Watching the game and Barca played within themselves. It was a measured performance. Barca kept their shape and defensive discipline. They are well balanced both sides of the ball

The match reminds me of two boxers where one simply has the measure if the other. He might even
occasionally let his opponent land multiple blows but he knows no matter what, he can land more blows. It is called an efficient performance. Barca had a hear they didn't even have need to shift to.
Yujam,
Remember when I said Barca are the best team in Europe...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286204&hilit=Barca

I think more people have come to see the light,...especially Chelsea and ManU fans :biggrin:

For me, the UEFA title is between 4 teams now (depending on how the next draws go of course)...

Real Madrid (can never bet against them)
Barcelona (best team in Europe)
Manchester City (offensive juggernaut)
Juventus (their defense and experience will see them past almost every team, except Barca & Madrid)

Of course, the luck of the draws on friday will decide who really has a chance at the Semis.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

People are forgetting Bayern Munchen. Juventus will crack easily as will Man City.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

A lot of funny people on this board. You support a team to the point of losing all sense of the game. Barca was way better than Chelsea. Chelsea was in trouble every time even when they pressured the Barca defense you just knew that Barca will get the ball and drive it home.
green4life wrote:No problem. I don't do moral victories so I don't know why you are targeting me. Congrats to una. You have done well.
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Hit bar 4 times in this series. That coupled with a basket in goal haven't helped
Again, how many actual chances did Chelsea create over two legs?

How many thru balls with a 1v1 with Ter Stegen?

Or a clear chance in the box with the Barca defence opened up?
4 balls hitting the bar aren't chances. No problem. They have won. Good work.
You can hit the bar from the center circle. That's not a chance created...

Willian hit the post twice from well outside the box..

The other two came from set pieces. Those are not chances created. They don't even count as shots on target! Sorry...
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Cristao II wrote:People are forgetting Bayern Munchen. Juventus will crack easily as will Man City.
Bros, no disrespect to Bayern Munchen, but they are suffering from the PSG syndrome.
In the years where they have showed up in the UCL, they were neck and neck with Dortmund in a title race, which kept them sharp and forced them to raise their game for the big dance.

Its been too easy for them in the Bundesleague league this year. I predict they will fall against Juventus, Madrid or Barca if they get matched against them, but might have a chance against City (they match up well against Pep's strengths/weaknesses and know his system well).
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

This game told me more about Barca than Chelsea.

Never have I seen Barca so resolute in defense. As much pressure as Chelsea applied there were no wonder saves from Ter Stegen because of the collective discipline from Barca. I mean gosh Dembele was making a sliding tackle in 18 yard box to prevent Alonso scoring! I tried to imagine Hazard doing that......

And then that Umtiti fella. Has any Barcelona player had more blocks/clearances in a game than he did yesterday??? Chelsea put their foot on Barca’s throat and Barca stuffed em right back and sprinkled Messi on top. Courtois being a cheerful giver.

As a Chelsea fan...today made me realize that when it’s not ur day, nothing u can do. Just carry ur ball go house.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cristao II wrote:People are forgetting Bayern Munchen. Juventus will crack easily as will Man City.
Betting against Juve so easily? Two finals in the last three years no be by mistake bruv.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Senator WIRES wrote::lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the blogger from Enugu said this skirt wearer is the best GK in the Prem

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

joplass wrote:A lot of funny people on this board. You support a team to the point of losing all sense of the game. Barca was way better than Chelsea. Chelsea was in trouble every time even when they pressured the Barca defense you just knew that Barca will get the ball and drive it home.
green4life wrote:No problem. I don't do moral victories so I don't know why you are targeting me. Congrats to una. You have done well.
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Hit bar 4 times in this series. That coupled with a basket in goal haven't helped

The other two came from set pieces. Those are not chances created. They don't even count as shots on target! Sorry...
No vex bro, but you are contributing to the "funny people on CE".. :D :taunt: :taunt:

I don't think anyone here is saying that Barca was not the better team over two legs, but cannot deny that CFC did not have some decent opportunities to keep themselves firmly in this tie. Sometimes difference can be luck. Messi's 1st goal yesterday came off a lucky bounce that put him into space. Alonso found himself in similar positions to Dembele (for 1st goal) but could not execute. If Alonso's FK was just an inch below or he got the PK call..

Barca deserves to advance, but CFC will have to look at how they mismanaged some of their opportunities when they had the ball.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Ugbowo wrote:This game told me more about Barca than Chelsea.

Never have I seen Barca so resolute in defense. As much pressure as Chelsea applied there were no wonder saves from Ter Stegen because of the collective discipline from Barca. I mean gosh Dembele was making a sliding tackle in 18 yard box to prevent Alonso scoring! I tried to imagine Hazard doing that......

And then that Umtiti fella. Has any Barcelona player had more blocks/clearances in a game than he did yesterday??? Chelsea put their foot on Barca’s throat and Barca stuffed em right back and sprinkled Messi on top. Courtois being a cheerful giver.

As a Chelsea fan...today made me realize that when it’s not ur day, nothing u can do. Just carry ur ball go house.
Bro, I go slow down a bit on hyping up Barca's defense. While Barca's D held up well, I will also point to CFC's lack of execution in final 3rd.. Watching the game, I noticed 3 key things
1. Barca's right side is weak. Think of the number of times Alonso found himself free in the left side of the box 18. A quicker/better player would have taken advantage.

2. Willian and Kante had so much joy driving through Barca's "slow" midfield. Barca's midfield looks like a team that will struggle with fast paced/skillful ball carriers (Sane/Mane/Salah). Granted Paulinho did not start yesterday.

3. When in the offensive 3rd, CFC lacked ideas on how to consistently test Barca's D. There was little intricate passing or off ball movement. Willian & Hazard kept wanting to come to the ball as opposed to making off ball runs. Only Alonso was trying to make runs into the box from the left..

I think a Pool/City are most suited to properly test that Barca defense. Does not mean their Defense might fair well against Messi..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Conte would like to turn Messi into a defender.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Barcelona vs Chelsea

Post by wale1974 »

kajifu wrote:Chelsea might hand Barca their first beat down.Hazard will have to take the game as if he is Messi to give Chelsea hope
A True Arsenal fan..........very unrealistic.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Barcelona vs Chelsea

Post by danfo driver »

wale1974 wrote:
kajifu wrote:Chelsea might hand Barca their first beat down.Hazard will have to take the game as if he is Messi to give Chelsea hope
A True Arsenal fan..........very unrealistic.
No be Kajifunmilayo? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

analyzer wrote:

Bro, I go slow down a bit on hyping up Barca's defense. While Barca's D held up well, I will also point to CFC's lack of execution in final 3rd.. Watching the game, I noticed 3 key things
1. Barca's right side is weak. Think of the number of times Alonso found himself free in the left side of the box 18. A quicker/better player would have taken advantage.

2. Willian and Kante had so much joy driving through Barca's "slow" midfield. Barca's midfield looks like a team that will struggle with fast paced/skillful ball carriers (Sane/Mane/Salah). Granted Paulinho did not start yesterday.

3. When in the offensive 3rd, CFC lacked ideas on how to consistently test Barca's D. There was little intricate passing or off ball movement. Willian & Hazard kept wanting to come to the ball as opposed to making off ball runs. Only Alonso was trying to make runs into the box from the left..

I think a Pool/City are most suited to properly test that Barca defense. Does not mean their Defense might fair well against Messi..
You sabi ball. This Barca's defensive unit is very English. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

last ditch tackles, riding their luck with shots coming of the ball, brave blocks. This is not a good team defensively. Their fullbacks are poor and Pique and Umiti are both slow.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

airwolex wrote:
analyzer wrote:

You sabi ball. This Barca's defensive unit is very English. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

last ditch tackles, riding their luck with shots coming of the ball, brave blocks. This is not a good team defensively. Their fullbacks are poor and Pique and Umiti are both slow.
how many goals did Chelsea score over 2 legs against a team that is not good defensively? How many goals has Ream Madrid scored against them this season?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
airwolex wrote:
analyzer wrote:

how many goals did Chelsea score over 2 legs against a team that is not good defensively? How many goals has Ream Madrid scored against them this season?
They have been riding their luck. Alonso alone should have scored 3 yesterday.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
airwolex wrote:
analyzer wrote:

Chief, I don't think it was because Barca were so good defensively. It is because Chelsea's attack was so toothless. So bereft of ideas.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
airwolex wrote:
analyzer wrote:

you think soccer is basketball?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
airwolex wrote:
analyzer wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

analyzer wrote:
joplass wrote:A lot of funny people on this board. You support a team to the point of losing all sense of the game. Barca was way better than Chelsea. Chelsea was in trouble every time even when they pressured the Barca defense you just knew that Barca will get the ball and drive it home.
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

No vex bro, but you are contributing to the "funny people on CE".. :D :taunt: :taunt:

I don't think anyone here is saying that Barca was not the better team over two legs, but cannot deny that CFC did not have some decent opportunities to keep themselves firmly in this tie. Sometimes difference can be luck. Messi's 1st goal yesterday came off a lucky bounce that put him into space. Alonso found himself in similar positions to Dembele (for 1st goal) but could not execute. If Alonso's FK was just an inch below or he got the PK call..

Barca deserves to advance, but CFC will have to look at how they mismanaged some of their opportunities when they had the ball.

Plus if the sky was slightly less orange!

And Putin did not commission a hit on that ex spy!

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Are you minding Airwolex? He is probably posting from a peppersoup joint as we speak.

Brazil '82 scores 2 goals against Italy AND still loses, Airwolex claims the Italians were masters of defense on that day, and if the match went on forever, Brazil was never going to win.

Chelsea scores ZERO goals and concedes THREE against Barca. Airwolex claims the Barca's defense was just riding their luck...OK o.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Are you minding Airwolex? He is probably posting from a peppersoup joint as we speak.

Brazil '82 scores 2 goals against Italy AND still loses, Airwolex claims the Italians were masters of defense on that day, and if the match went on forever, Brazil was never going to win.

Chelsea scores ZERO goals and concedes THREE against Barca. Airwolex claims the Barca's defense was just riding their luck...OK o.
I don't believe I said that...I said Italy was better on the day and would have won if the match went on for 1 more hour. I don't think I ever said they were masters fo defense...they outplayed Brazil. Barca defense did ride their luck and was lucky not to concede. I have listed the chances, the fact that a soccer team didn't concede doesn't mean they weren't lucky.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote:

I don't believe I said that...I said Italy was better on the day and would have won if the match went on for 1 more hour. I don't think I ever said they were masters fo defense...they outplayed Brazil. Barca defense did ride their luck and was lucky not to concede. I have listed the chances, the fact that a soccer team didn't concede doesn't mean they weren't lucky.

So has Barca been lucky all season, in Europe and in Spain?
AFCON 2019 sweet o