Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea

Post by platinum »

airwolex wrote:Well in all my years of watching Messi's Barca I've never seen them be on the backfoot as much as they were today. A better team will beat them. Unfortunately Cortuois became an akpere and our captain played like craP!
They're a different machine under Valverde. Don't assume this 'blackfoot' was weakness. They picked their spot in the camp and dared Chelsea. They are not a 'tiki take' side. I think the mistake I've seen people make is assuming they're the same side they were under Pep, nothing could be further from the truth, this side is willing to let you have possession.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Match-fixing no good o! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

platinum wrote:
airwolex wrote:Well in all my years of watching Messi's Barca I've never seen them be on the backfoot as much as they were today. A better team will beat them. Unfortunately Cortuois became an akpere and our captain played like craP!
They're a different machine under Valverde. Don't assume this 'blackfoot' was weakness. They picked their spot in the camp and dared Chelsea. They are not a 'tiki take' side. I think the mistake I've seen people make is assuming they're the same side they were under Pep, nothing could be further from the truth, this side is willing to let you have possession.
Hmmm I disagree, I have seen them dominate possession against other teams this season. They deserve their win but i don't think they picked their spot (otherwise known as parking the bus) Willian, Hazard and Kante scared them silly and all our goals conceded were more or less individual errors. We forced them to look for counters and errors. I think we were unlucky not to have gotten a penalty as well. All in all great game by Barca....they've shown that they can win in different ways.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

metalalloy wrote:Kai can they please draw Barca vs City? :shyluv: Dat one nah match wey deserve a day off from work.

"Ah... Hello Oga,... sorry, i have Ebola" Cough
:lol: :lol:
That should be the final, not the quarters. Messi and Dembele will finish those useless City defenders. :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

With all due respect, what would an Alvaro Morata stunt doubling as a white Danny Welbeck, have done if afforded the full ninety? Yes, the name reads nicely, but in actuality, he's been more Welbeck than Welbeck, for long enough to be called Danny Boy.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

airwolex wrote:
platinum wrote:
Hmmm I disagree, I have seen them dominate possession against other teams this season. They deserve their win but i don't think they picked their spot (otherwise known as parking the bus) Willian, Hazard and Kante scared them silly and all our goals conceded were more or less individual errors. We forced them to look for counters and errors. I think we were unlucky not to have gotten a penalty as well. All in all great game by Barca....they've shown that they can win in different ways.
Barca dont dominate possession they like used to.....Defensively they are more resolute and in terms of attacking, they really know when to pick their moments.....against real madrid they did the same thing and also against atletico madrid. They bide their time till that moment when they attack you and that will be it......Real Sociedad came at them and scored two goals in the first half and in the second half they came back and blitzed them just like that.
Last edited by bk-one on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I just hope Conte carries his kete and leave.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:I just hope Conte carries his kete and leave.
spurs

chelsea

spurs

chelsea

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

bk-one wrote:
airwolex wrote:
platinum wrote:
Barca dont dominate possession like used to.....Defensively they are more resolute and in terms of attacking, they really know when to pick their moments.....against real madrid they did the same thing and also against atletico madrid. They bide their time till that moment when they attack you and that will be it......Real Sociedad came at them and scored two goals in the first half and in the second half they came back and blitzed them just like that.
You all have some solid points. But from watching the 2 legs, I honestly think Barca's defense can be breached. When pressed, they looked like a team that will cough up the ball. Interesting to see them play Liverpool or City. Two teams that will press significantly better than CFC did. Also noticed how slow their CMs are when players carry the ball from midfield. Think of Sane, KDB, Mane..

No doubt Barca is a solid team, but I just think a better pressing team and more clinical in offense will cause them more harm.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Coach wrote:With all due respect, what would an Alvaro Morata stunt doubling as a white Danny Welbeck, have done if afforded the full ninety? Yes, the name reads nicely, but in actuality, he's been more Welbeck than Welbeck, for long enough to be called Danny Boy.
Coach - Morata would have stretched the Barca defense better than Giroud did. Morata's space allows Cesc to try and play the ball over the top. Can put in more through balls. But you will lose the hold play Giroud brings. For this game, I think Morata would have been a better option.. But all na hindsight.

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:No problem. I don't do moral victories so I don't know why you are targeting me. Congrats to una. You have done well.
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Hit bar 4 times in this series. That coupled with a basket in goal haven't helped
Again, how many actual chances did Chelsea create over two legs?

How many thru balls with a 1v1 with Ter Stegen?

Or a clear chance in the box with the Barca defence opened up?
4 balls hitting the bar aren't chances. No problem. They have won. Good work.
You can hit the bar from the center circle. That's not a chance created...

Willian hit the post twice from well outside the box..

The other two came from set pieces. Those are not chances created. They don't even count as shots on target! Sorry...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
One can always sniff out txj's agenda driven post from far away.

Kante's hitting ball wide right no be clear chance. twice Alonso was set up on the left of the box in similar position to where Dembele scored from. Alonso also had a shot saved by Tertegen. Then Alonso receives a through ball to feet and is fouled (would have been a soft PK IMO).. But no be 1 on 1 so not a clear PK.

CFC lost no questions about it. A lot to learn.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tfco wrote:
balo wrote:I just hope Conte carries his kete and leave.
spurs

chelsea

spurs

chelsea

You are slipping. You didn't add 3SC. You wouldn't know anything about that, or would you?

Customer.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

green4life wrote:
4 balls hitting the bar aren't chances. No problem. They have won. Good work.

Lol, 2 of those where from 20+ yard shots. If you want to count those as realistic chances, let's asses the number of times 20+ yard shots go in. Then there is the Alonso freekick. Again how often to freekicks go in.

that said, great game by chelsea. Many say Conte got it wrong and I disagree. Chelsea played quite well. Maybe Conte's only mistake was selling Costa.
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

analyzer wrote:
Coach wrote:With all due respect, what would an Alvaro Morata stunt doubling as a white Danny Welbeck, have done if afforded the full ninety? Yes, the name reads nicely, but in actuality, he's been more Welbeck than Welbeck, for long enough to be called Danny Boy.
Coach - Morata would have stretched the Barca defense better than Giroud did. Morata's space allows Cesc to try and play the ball over the top. Can put in more through balls. But you will lose the hold play Giroud brings. For this game, I think Morata would have been a better option.. But all na hindsight.

Exactly the Bayern Vs Juve game 3 years ago is the perfect example. Though Bayern eventually won, Morata's movement caused Bayern all sorts of problems as the Juve defenders and midfielders kept playing long balls into Morata's runs
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Defensively they are more resolute and in terms of attacking, they really know when to pick their moments
If today is an example of their more resolute defending then they are in big trouble. Willian, Hazard and even Kante cut through them with ease. Even Alonso had Moses had a lot of joy. I can't remember the last time Moses beat defenders in a Chelsea jersey.

I have actually rarely seen Willian have so much joy running at defenders. If he had a better understanding with Giroud there would have been multiple goals.

I think their defense has serious problems and a better team would have asked more questions.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bonecrusher wrote:
analyzer wrote:

Exactly the Bayern Vs Juve game 3 years ago is the perfect example. Though Bayern eventually won, Morata's movement caused Bayern all sorts of problems as the Juve defenders and midfielders kept playing long balls into Morata's runs
All things being equal, you are correct. But the reality is Morata has been 'on tilt' (poker speak) for the last few months. His head hasn't been in the game for a long while which partly explains why he's picked up 11 yellow cards so far in spite of being in and out of the squad and playing CF at that (compared to say a Defender, DM, etc). Simply put, Morata has been very poor to nonexistent over the past month plus. Only other option was to start with a false 9 but given how badly it worked at the Etihad, Conte wasn't going to go back to it for this game.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

kajifu wrote:
charlie wrote:So, after watching all the teams, who is the favorite for the UCL crown?
You cant tell till semi,the 8 teams in QF are
Liverpool
Man City
Real
Barca
Bayern
Roma
Juve
Sevilla

Also lets see how the draw goes ,hopefully Barca get Real or Bayern,i will like Sevilla vs Roma so one small team make last 4
Look at this stupid hater.......... like Barcelona is scared of Real or Bayern? Why don't you give us both? Line them up and we will destroy them both! Visca El Barca
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Ultimately the score was 3 Kondo. They've kept better teams out. And the stats don't lie. They've conceded 12 goals this season in La Liga. I don't believe they've conceded much in Europe either. They've played some very good teams who are better than Chelski too

With Pique and Umtiti in front of Stegen and Busquets in front of them they are rick solid.
airwolex wrote:
Defensively they are more resolute and in terms of attacking, they really know when to pick their moments
If today is an example of their more resolute defending then they are in big trouble. Willian, Hazard and even Kante cut through them with ease. Even Alonso had Moses had a lot of joy. I can't remember the last time Moses beat defenders in a Chelsea jersey.

I have actually rarely seen Willian have so much joy running at defenders. If he had a better understanding with Giroud there would have been multiple goals.

I think their defense has serious problems and a better team would have asked more questions.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

analyzer wrote:[

CFC lost no questions about it. A lot to learn.

See this one just dey run around the thread like headless chicken! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Your one-trophy winning, matchfixing legend is about to get fired! :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Watching the game and Barca played within themselves. It was a measured performance. Barca kept their shape and defensive discipline. They are well balanced both sides of the ball

The match reminds me of two boxers where one simply has the measure if the other. He might even
occasionally let his opponent land multiple blows but he knows no matter what, he can land more blows. It is called an efficient performance. Barca had a hear they didn't even have need to shift to.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:Watching the game and Barca played within themselves. It was a measured performance. Barca kept their shape and defensive discipline. They are well balanced both sides of the ball

The match reminds me of two boxers where one simply has the measure if the other. He might even
occasionally let his opponent land multiple blows but he knows no matter what, he can land more blows. It is called an efficient performance. Barca had a hear they didn't even have need to shift to.
Barca did what they had to do. Simple.

That said, I dont like Valverde's Barca at all. Everytime I watch them, no matter how great they play, i feel they could have done more. I prefer Guardiola's Barca.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

They are slightly more cynical compared to Peo's teams. But jeez they got some serious balance
danfo driver wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Watching the game and Barca played within themselves. It was a measured performance. Barca kept their shape and defensive discipline. They are well balanced both sides of the ball

Barca did what they had to do. Simple.

That said, I dont like Valverde's Barca at all. Everytime I watch them, no matter how great they play, i feel they could have done more. I prefer Guardiola's Barca.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

YUJAM wrote:Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Ultimately the score was 3 Kondo. They've kept better teams out. And the stats don't lie. They've conceded 12 goals this season in La Liga. I don't believe they've conceded much in Europe either. They've played some very good teams who are better than Chelski too

With Pique and Umtiti in front of Stegen and Busquets in front of them they are rick solid.
airwolex wrote:

Watching Barça on the green grass can be deceptive. It took a look at their defensive stats for me to trust their defense this season.
Even then, I didn't believe them until I saw 4 games. :)

At the end of the day how many did they concede today?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu