Willian vs Sane

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Willian vs Sane

Post by bamenda boy »

I am talking about the Chelsea boy vs the Man City Boy.
Who would you prefer on your team and why?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Willian vs Sane

Post by metalalloy »

In current form, Sane all day every day. The kid has the ball stuck to his feet and glides through defenses. He is younger than Willian as well.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Sane is faster, but more brainless. Willian has better ball skills.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sane is better than Willian on every single level. I have always liked Willian, but he is too brainless for me, if I was a coach, I wouldnt even consider him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

cic old boy wrote:Sane is faster, but more brainless. Willian has better ball skills.
Say what? :shock:

Wha choo looking at?!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Say what? :shock:
100% correct.
http://www.naijiant.com/
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Sane is faster, but more brainless. Willian has better ball skills.
Say what? :shock:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Sane all the way
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Sane IMO. I also think Sane makes better on and off ball decisions..

And yes, Willian is the more skillful player IMO. Close ball control, one of the quickest players I have seen over 3-5 yrds. Not really that fast over 15+ yards but on a 50-50 ball within 5 ft, will put my money on Willian to get to the ball first
Last edited by analyzer on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Sane Sane Sane
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Willian any day, his work rates are insane
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Men, when Willian was scoring them FK's anyhow would be hard to say Sane, but on current form its Sane.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Willian any day, his work rates are insane
How comes you are not insulting people or trying to get under their skin? :sneaky:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

maceo4 wrote:Men, when Willian was scoring them FK's anyhow would be hard to say Sane, but on current form its Sane.

I have been left wondering what happened to that aspect of his repertoire. Chelsea just underwhelming this year. More puffing than being initiative.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

But how good will Willian be on City or Barcelona? He is certainly an upgrade on Dembele. Btw I agree with CIC, he is technically better than Sane. Sane's pace and power is out of this world though.
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

comparing them because they are both Black with Afro?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:But how good will Willian be on City or Barcelona? He is certainly an upgrade on Dembele. Btw I agree with CIC, he is technically better than Sane. Sane's pace and power is out of this world though.
WIllian is NOT on the level of Dembele. Dont be fooled because Dembele is just coming back from injury.

As for Sane, i think many of you have watched him for the first time in England and also, being 'made' to play on the left. Did you watch him in germany? And that match where he humiliated Real Madrid?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:But how good will Willian be on City or Barcelona? He is certainly an upgrade on Dembele. Btw I agree with CIC, he is technically better than Sane. Sane's pace and power is out of this world though.
WIllian is NOT on the level of Dembele. Dont be fooled because Dembele is just coming back from injury.

As for Sane, i think many of you have watched him for the first time in England and also, being 'made' to play on the left. Did you watch him in germany? And that match where he humiliated Real Madrid?

Like I said, they are only comparing Willian to Sane because they "look alike"...somewhat :woot: :woot: :woot: Sane is the superior player. Had been shouting myself hoarse for Arsenal to sign him while he was still in Germany. Was even hoping that we would fool Man City and dash them Alexis for Sane.

Agree re Dembele. The kid is that GOOD.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I didn't watch Dembele in Dortmund but I swear that club produces too many players that bomb in bigger clubs. From Sahin, to Goetze and that Japanese dude....even Aubemayang and Mikitarian gan are suspect. I will believe the hype when he starts balling. :D :D
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:

Always thought he was better as a 2nd striker, much like Salah under Klopp...

Tremendous game vs Madrid...

All the recent hype around Willian appears to be from the moral victory over Barca. Interesting how none of these guys have ever considered that Barca, perhaps 'allowed' him to play...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

All the recent hype around Willian appears to be from the moral victory over Barca. Interesting how none of these guys have ever considered that Barca, perhaps 'allowed' him to play...

Chelsea fans are now behaving like the Arsenal fans of the losing era...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Chelsea fans are now behaving like the Arsenal fans of the losing era...
Chief,

You should know better than believe what some naysayers say. If you have been paying attention you will know Willian has been very good for a few months now and was our player of the season sometime ago.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Chief Oga Tx, nno! Credit given where credit due. Willian is a fine player. There was a thread, Chelsea's season thread if not mistaken, within which many, if not most, heckled the Brazilian's supposed lack of brain and various other cranial deficiencies. One remained steadfast in the assertion that Willian had achieved Akwa-Akwuru and deserved more rever for his red cap. It comes as no surprise now that most of those many are now chanting Igwe in subtle octave. Willian is good, whether Barca allowed him to play or not is irrelevant, many others have been invited to dance over the years and fractured a neck of femur trying to electric slide.