Nigeria's team will really come of age at the 2022 World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Nigeria's team will really come of age at the 2022 World Cup

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Nigeria should do well in 2018 all things being equal but our squad will be about twice as better in 2022
[2] By 2022, many of our youngsters should have established themselves as world class players
[3] Kind of like 1994, did you not notice that most of the boys kind of hit their peaks until France 1998
[4] By 2022, Francis Uzoho should be world class
[5] By 2022, Tyronne Ebuehie should be world class
[6] By 2022, Chidozie Awaziem should be world class
[7] By 2022, Wilfred Ndidi should be world class
[8] By 2022, Henry Onyekuru should be world class
[9] By 2022, Kelechi Nwakali should be world class
[10] We will miss some players like Mikel and Ighalo and Victor Moses too will probably be past his best by 2022 but hopefully, we can find able replacements
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria's team will really come of age at the 2022 World

Post by oyek »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Nigeria should do well in 2018 all things being equal but our squad will be about twice as better in 2022
[2] By 2022, many of our youngsters should have established themselves as world class players
[3] Kind of 1884. Did you not notice that most of the boys kind of hot their peak in France 1998
[4] By 2002, Francis Uzoho should be world class
[5] By 2002, Tyronne Ebuehie should be world class
[6] By 2002, Chidozie Awaziem should be world class
[7] By 2002, Wilfred Ndidi should be world class
[8] By 2002, Henry Onyekuru should be world class
[9] By 2002, Kelechi Nwakali should be world class
[10] We will miss some players like Mikel and Ighalo and Victor Moses too will probably be past his best by 2022 but hopefully, we can find able replacements
1884 and 2002 are not in the future!
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oyek wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Nigeria should do well in 2018 all things being equal but our squad will be about twice as better in 2022
[3] Kind of 1884. Did you not notice that most of the boys kind of hot their peak in France 1998
1884 and 2002 are not in the future!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am sorry but the loss of Mikel and Moses will be much bigger than who we will gain. Those 2 are our best players.

I don't see anybody with similar quality stepping up to replace them. NOt saying it isn't possible but I don't see it for now.

I think 2018 is a real opportunity to do something special, if we can get out of our group.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Apparently time is all you need to become a world class player.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

4 years is a long time in soccer, only about 6 players from the 2014 WC team are likely on this current team:

2014:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Lille), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be'er Sheva), Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United).

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (Monaco), Efe Ambrose (Celtic), Godfrey Oboabona (Rizespor), Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves), Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea), Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod), Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce), Kunle Odunlami (Sunshine Stars).

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea), Ramon Azeez (Almeria), Ogenyi Onazi (Lazio), Reuben Gabriel (Waasland-Beveren), Michael Babatunde (Volyn Lutsk).

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow), Shola Ameobi (Newcastle), Emmanuel Emenike (Fenerbahce), Peter Odemwingie (Stoke), Michael Uchebo (Cercle Brugge), Victor Moses (Chelsea), Uche Nwofor (Heerenveen).
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

[/video]

Thankfully the NFF are on the same page..2.54min..
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo what are you saying? Years 1884 and 2002?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

In theory Nigeria could have won the World Cup in 1994,98 and 2006 if they qualified (yes they didn’t),so even though we have a young team at present what’s to say the NFF will keep the bulk of them together,knowing Nigeria if they don’t reach the semifinals (I know we’ve yet to reach the last 8) this time around they will want to sack and reshuffle and replace whatever we have at present or a new group of ex military football fans will want to run the NFF and cause a rumble of sorts just to get in.
I just want to enjoy the up and coming World Cup and hope Nigeria can unleash its potential.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I beg you, wetin you dey smoke?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

maceo4 wrote:4 years is a long time in soccer, only about 6 players from the 2014 WC team are likely on this current team:

2014:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Lille), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be'er Sheva), Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United).

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (Monaco), Efe Ambrose (Celtic), Godfrey Oboabona (Rizespor), Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves), Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea), Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod), Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce), Kunle Odunlami (Sunshine Stars).

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea), Ramon Azeez (Almeria), Ogenyi Onazi (Lazio), Reuben Gabriel (Waasland-Beveren), Michael Babatunde (Volyn Lutsk).

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow), Shola Ameobi (Newcastle), Emmanuel Emenike (Fenerbahce), Peter Odemwingie (Stoke), Michael Uchebo (Cercle Brugge), Victor Moses (Chelsea), Uche Nwofor (Heerenveen).
Please, nobody should ever post this team list again! It annoys me each time I see it!!! :curse:
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
Ayo is becoming senile.
The errors in his posts are getting worse and are consistently there.
Plus he is always about a week late with his stories.
We don discuss this 2022 matter like 2 weeks ago for here.

Unless of course he actually thinks 2002 is in the future.... :lol:

Let's not laugh. Na serious matter....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

vancity eagle wrote:I am sorry but the loss of Mikel and Moses will be much bigger than who we will gain. Those 2 are our best players.

I don't see anybody with similar quality stepping up to replace them. NOt saying it isn't possible but I don't see it for now.

I think 2018 is a real opportunity to do something special, if we can get out of our group.

I beg to disagree. I believe Kelechi Nwakali can be a like-for-like replacement for Mikel. As per Moses, we actually have several options, Dessers, Onyekuru, Bazee, Iheanacho, etc.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bushboy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:4 years is a long time in soccer, only about 6 players from the 2014 WC team are likely on this current team:

2014:

Please, nobody should ever post this team list again! It annoys me each time I see it!!! :curse:

:lol: :lol:

9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

metalalloy wrote:
bushboy wrote:

2014:

:lol: :lol:

The pay to play squad
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

pajimoh wrote:

It has to be Sour diesel and purple haze
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

We've been among the youngest teams at a couple of these tournaments but nothing really comes out of it. These youngest labels need to be put in perspective. The advantage of being young at senior level is overrated. What we need is a good plan to develop our players so the pool and it's quality can be expanded.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

felarey wrote:We've been among the youngest teams at a couple of these tournaments but nothing really comes out of it. These youngest labels need to be put in perspective. The advantage of being young at senior level is overrated. What we need is a good plan to develop our players so the pool and it's quality can be expanded.
No continuity. By 2022, some would have faded like a bad haircut and new players emerging
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

2014:

I look at this team and my God! How did we end up with this? very very sad.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:

2014:

I look at this team and my God! How did we end up with this? very very sad.
lol - this current crop is probably the best talented/quality team we've put together in quite a bit of time. Lets do 2010 hold-overs in 2014 squad - only 4

Goalkeepers -
Vincent Enyeama Hapoel Tel Aviv (ISR)
Dele Ayenugba Beni Yehuda (ISR)
Austin Ejide Hapoel Petah Tikvah (ISR)

Defenders -
Taye Taiwo Marseille (FRA)
Joseph Yobo Everton (ENG)
Danny Shittu Bolton Wanderers (ENG)
Elderson Echiejile Rennes (FRA)
Ayodele Adeleye Sparta Rotterdam (NED)
Chidi Odiah CSKA Moscow (RUS)
Rabiu Afolabi SV Salzburg (AUS)

Midfielders -
Nwankwo Kanu Portsmouth (ENG)
d#$% Etuhu Fulham (ENG)
Sani Kaita Alanya (RUS)
Yusuf Ayila Dynamo Kiev (UKR)
Kalu Uche Almeria (SPA)
Haruna Lukman Monaco (FRA)

Forwards -
Yakubu Ayegbeni Everton (ENG)
Chinedu Obasi Hoffenheim (GER)
Obafemi Martins Wolfsburg (GER)
Obinna Nsofor Malaga (SPA)
John Utaka Portsmouth (ENG)
Osaze Odemwingie Lokomotiv (RUS)
Brown Ideye
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ghanaians said the same thing about 2018 in 2014.
See what happened to them.

Ayo, you had better make good use of this chance because there is no guarantee that 9ja will come out of Africa in 2022.

Zambia, Uganda, S. Africa, Egypt and more are building serious teams to contend with in 2022.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Kabalega wrote:Ghanaians said the same thing about 2018 in 2014.
See what happened to them.

Ayo, you had better make good use of this chance because there is no guarantee that 9ja will come out of Africa in 2022.

Zambia, Uganda, S. Africa, Egypt and more are building serious teams to contend with in 2022.
Exactly. let's focus on this WC 2018 first
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We should aim to go as far as possible in this WC.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.