Arsenal 3 vs AC Milan 1 (5-1 aggregate) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 3 vs AC Milan 1 (5-1 aggregate) FT

Post by Coach »

The artist formerly known as the UEFA Cup, which, back then, was arguably the finest club competition on the continent. When Tottenham et Al were being mocked and ridiculed by Arsenalists for their Thursday night affairs, one always maintained that watching eyes should look beyond the channel 5 stationing and trips to Dynamo Dagestan. T'is somewhat refreshing to see this tournament being afforded the respect it deserves in red quarters. Many a big name left in the pot, a credit to the contest. League title aside, domestic and champions, is this not the next best trophy to win?
Last edited by Coach on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:Athletico Madrid
Marseille
Lazio
Sporting Lisbon
RB Leipzig
RB Salzburg
CSKA Moscow
Arsenal

... in the draw for the next round. An open draw.
Anybody but Athletico Madrid will do.
Be careful what you ask for..
I said anybody BUT.

lol..that exactly my point ..you think this Arsenal team can beat RB , Lazio etc easily ? I hope we dont collectively look down on those guys they will surprise us if we do.
No team is easy at this stage. I just would rather not face the favorites.

I hope we get a decent draw tomorrow.
The irony of wanting an easy draw in a watered down competition in order to qualify for a more difficult competition?

If you're hoping to avoid favorites in the Europa Cup then you probably don't wanna be competing in the champs league. Just saying...

And by the way, it's Atletico without the "h".
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Coach wrote:The artist formerly known as the UEFA Cup, which, back then, was arguably the finest club competition on the continent. When Tottenham et Al were being mocked and ridiculed by Arsnalists for their Thursday night affairs, one always maintained that watching eyes should look beyond the channel 5 stationing and trips to Dynamo Dagestan. T'is somewhat refreshing to see this tournament big afforded the respect it deserves in red quarters. Many a big name left in the pot, a credit to the contest. League title aside, domestic and champions, is this not the next best trophy to win?
The UEFA Cup was last good when only league champions qualified for the champs league.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^When last did the likes of Atletico, Lazio, Salzburg et Al appear in the FA Cup? Never. Exactly. Huge competition, few bigger outside of the Champions League. If Beloved wins it, it's a marvellously successful season.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Skylolo wrote:Good win for the team, we hope for a good draw tomorrow.

Xhaka voted MOM on Arsenal.com, dude has stepped it up a notch in recent games. Keep it up son....
who were the closest players to the free Milan guy that took a shot and scored their only goal? You guessed it! Ozil and Xhaka.

But yes he has upped his workrate.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Arsenal are back. Wenger go say "I told you so" :laugh:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Good win for the team, we hope for a good draw tomorrow.

Xhaka voted MOM on Arsenal.com, dude has stepped it up a notch in recent games. Keep it up son....
who were the closest players to the free Milan guy that took a shot and scored their only goal? You guessed it! Ozil and Xhaka.

But yes he has upped his workrate.
Wrong. Blaming him for that goal is just wrong. Also how did you come up with he has upped his work rate? Your conclusion is in relation to what games?

The fact Xhaka is playing a different role to the box to box role he covered when Ramsey was not fit. He has actually covered less kilometres doing less running and sprints in his last 3 games cos he spends more time covering defensive zones.

On the goal. Jack was supposed to be deep with Xhaka. Arsenal set out to defend with seven and attack with four in their 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 system. The key man here is Ramsey with his runs from deep. But when Ramsay goes forward some one has to cover on our deep right side. The problem is Ozil is weak defensively so teams look to exploit with a 2 on I on Bellerin.

Ramsey covers the deep right zone in support of Bellerin. The problem arises when Ramsey joins the attack. Someone has the job of filling the hole left by Ramsey. This was Jack's job last night and it was a constant problem as Milan exploited the spaces on our right side. Xhaka covered the deep zones on the left side and we hardly had any problems from that side.

Their goal came from a lack of cover in the zone Jack was supposed to cover when Ramsey went forward. Xhaka came across to try and block the shot but that was not his zone.

Jack loses his discipline and cannot resist joining the attack with Ramsey. Arsenal did not need to go gun-ho but they kept on find8ng space on our right side. You could tell words were told to Jack about his responsibilities at halftime. He came out holding his position, but it took 10 minutes for him to lose his discipline and Wenger was out after him. Wenger did it again and eventually decided to make changes to shore it up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

CSKA Moscow aka ticket to the next round. Needless to day, if offered 30 points adrift of pole position and Europa League winners at the start of the season, all would've taken it.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Europa Cup Q/final draw,

RB Leipzig vs. Marseille

Arsenal vs. CSKA Moscow

Atletico Madrid vs. Sporting CP

Lazio vs. Red Bull Salzburg

Arsenal will have to shut down Musa and Co. to move on.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal vs AC Milan

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Wilshere is the odd man out so far...not sure what his role is.
His role was to stay deep with Xhaka and let Ramsey roam forward.

At what point did he start playing this role? because I took a break before the Milan goal, and resumed watching when Xhaka scored. He played well at the end after Ozil and Mkhi went off. At the beginning, we was playing advanced role, and didn't appear to do much (substantially). Granted he was not hiding...
2nd half, but he did not do his job covering for Ramsey in that 1st half. But Wenger had to get up twice to give him instructions to hold a deeper position. Wilshere plays better from a deep position but he is not disciplined. He thinks he is a number 10.
No be una give am #10? Thats precisely what I was complaining about....why would he be trying to play 10 if we had Mkhi and Ozil on the pitch?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

On the goal. Jack was supposed to be deep with Xhaka. Arsenal set out to defend with seven and attack with four in their 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 system. The key man here is Ramsey with his runs from deep. But when Ramsay goes forward some one has to cover on our deep right side. The problem is Ozil is weak defensively so teams look to exploit with a 2 on I on Bellerin.

Waffi abeg when will wenger stop playing Ozil as a winger and play him as a 10 ? I know he is our most paid player which may mean he is the most versatile ..but this wing business is not doing him justice ..I feel he can cause more damage tp our opponents when played as a 10 !!...but wetin i sabi ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:On the goal. Jack was supposed to be deep with Xhaka. Arsenal set out to defend with seven and attack with four in their 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 system. The key man here is Ramsey with his runs from deep. But when Ramsay goes forward some one has to cover on our deep right side. The problem is Ozil is weak defensively so teams look to exploit with a 2 on I on Bellerin.

Waffi abeg when will wenger stop playing Ozil as a winger and play him as a 10 ? I know he is our most paid player which may mean he is the most versatile ..but this wing business is not doing him justice ..I feel he can cause more damage tp our opponents when played as a 10 !!...but wetin i sabi ?
I think this will change next season if he still around.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

I always show (time permitting) to ridicule the spineless coach and the team for underachieving but this time they played very well.

Congrats on defeating AC Milan. Una try
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!