Rohr offers Torunarigha World Cup Spot, reports ESPN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr offers Torunarigha World Cup Spot, reports ESPN

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can someone who watches the Bundeliga please confirm if he plays more as a centreback than as a leftback. He is supposed to be a leftfooted fullback who can also play as a centreback.

I dont think he has played Left back this season at all. Plattenhadt is their starting left back and the only game I have seen of him, this season, he played as a CB.

And from what I saw of him last season, I will say he is " a left footed CENTER BACK WHO CAN PLAY AS A LEFT BACK." So, the other way around.

Him and/or Udokhai will be very helpful for us, with our plans to play 3 at the back in some games.

Seen him in two games at LB this season...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:honestly, this is becoming unfair...how do you offer someone a ticket even before making sure he is a good fit for SE?
That might be the reprter's spin to get you angry and talking.
It might simply be a case of an invitation to train and join in with the WC preparations.

Agreed.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:honestly, this is becoming unfair...how do you offer someone a ticket even before making sure he is a good fit for SE?
That might be the reprter's spin to get you angry and talking.
It might simply be a case of an invitation to train and join in with the WC preparations.
Yup. If you also consider Ademola was offered another free spot. It means the rest are only fighting for 21 places
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

everyone is entitled to a ticket to Russia it doesn't even has to be offered. getting the actual ticket in the 23 man squad is an entirely different thing. And you seem to overlook that this was translated from German to English
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

It is an open secret that Rohr is trying to seduce Bundesliga players of Nigerian heritage a chance to play in Russia.

Torunarigha has improved his game tremendously, but I am afraid, the most important person in his life who has to give him the go-ahead to play for Nigeria is his father, Ojokojo. Unfortunately, the father never says anything positive about Nigeria.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yiba wrote:It is an open secret that Rohr is trying to seduce Bundesliga players of Nigerian heritage a chance to play in Russia.

Torunarigha has improved his game tremendously, but I am afraid, the most important person in his life who has to give him the go-ahead to play for Nigeria is his father, Ojokojo. Unfortunately, the father never says anything positive about Nigeria.
It has to take a 'special' kind of African father to want his own son to turn his back on his heritage....if what you say is true.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Odas wrote:
Polly wrote:
Odas wrote:
Thank you! I was going to say the same thing. How fair is this? Are we that desperate?
Yes. In the defence we are. Truth, not emotion.
Fine! But wouldn't it have been proper to invite him for the friendlies (granted his has not switched to us) before making or guaranteeing him a world-cup spot, if the title of the article is true?
I completely agree with you.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Yiba wrote:It is an open secret that Rohr is trying to seduce Bundesliga players of Nigerian heritage a chance to play in Russia.

It has to take a 'special' kind of African father to want his own son to turn his back on his heritage....if what you say is true.
And a special kind of Nigerian father who represented Nigeria, himself.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:

And a special kind of Nigerian father who represented Nigeria, himself.
Yup, that in addition.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:

“ I was told of the interest from Nigeria by my father but as someone who has played for Nigeria in the past, he advised me to focus on progressing through the ranks with Germany instead of considering a switch to Nigeria “, he said.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/tor ... a-germany/
Maybe his pops went through some stuff when he represented Nigeria that is influencing his POV. As disapointing as it could be if this kid is really SE material, It is not really fair to judge in a vacuum.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Damunk wrote:

I am not here to post false stories or attack his father. It is not my style! Please read the following links and find out!

1.http://www.90min.de/posts/4940069-herth ... ia-spielen

2.https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/tor ... a-germany/
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

niyi wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
And my query is what happens after world cup? will they still committed to future call ups ?? however if Rohr promises him world spot does not mean he will start- all depends on fitness of Balogun and he must at least play one of the friendlies -
It feels very wrong when a player has repeatedly turnwd us down then we try to tempt him with a world cup place. Hopefully the news is false.
I hope is not true,he should be the one begging to play not him offer world cup spot,Abi the guy na Messi or Neymar?His he good at his age like likes of Maldini,Baresi?If not they should stop offer such kids world cup spot.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Yiba wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I am not here to post false stories or attack his father. It is not my style! Please read the following links and find out!

I don't think Damunk or anyone accused you of either. From the links you have posted, while the father didn't say anything positive about Nigeria, he didn't say anything negative either. From the little i can see, he thinks his son has a good shot breaking into the German side due to the rarity of a left center back with a strong left foot.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

metalalloy wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I don't think Damunk or anyone accused you of either. From the links you have posted, while the father didn't say anything positive about Nigeria, he didn't say anything negative either. From the little i can see, he thinks his son has a good shot breaking into the German side due to the rarity of a left center back with a strong left foot.
FYI, the father is in a better position to advice his son because he is an ex-Super Eagle. The last time i followed Jordan's trajectory, the father is stark in his life. I do not know now, if the father still works with Hertha Berlin's youth department. It is a blessing for the family that his son has graduated from the youth team. What i am saying is, the father does not want him to play for Nigeria, and we should accept it and move on.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Yiba wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Damunk wrote:

FYI, the father is in a better position to advice his son because he is an ex-Super Eagle. The last time i followed Jordan's trajectory, the father is stark in his life. I do not know now, if the father still works with Hertha Berlin's youth department. It is a blessing for the family that his son has graduated from the youth team. What i am saying is, the father does not want him to play for Nigeria, and we should accept it and move on.
Hence my very first response above to Damunks post!
Maybe his pops went through some stuff when he represented Nigeria that is influencing his POV. As disapointing as it could be if this kid is really SE material, It is not really fair to judge in a vacuum.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yiba wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Chill man!
I'm not accusing you of anything at all!
I'm just saying its unusual for a Naija father to discourage his son from reconnecting with his roots by any means necessary. He must be very disillusioned.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Odas wrote:
Thank you! I was going to say the same thing. How fair is this? Are we that desperate?
It's business. If he's a better player or prospect than what we currently have then I say go for it.

Many players help teams qualify and still get cut. From what I recollect Chidi Nwanu and Peter Rufai didn't play in the USA 94 WCQ and yet both were starters at the tourney.
Last edited by theYemster on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:

How is leaving the options open for his son making him turn his back on his heritage? You made similar choice as did many of us that accepted foreign citizenship to better our lives. Did you turn your back on your heritage?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Yiba wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Damunk wrote:

:lol: Please do tell more. Was he not given his promised match bonus when played for SUPER Eagles?
Damunky, I agree, he is a special kind of father. :sad: Kai some people really dislike that S.h. of a country.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Yiba wrote:What i am saying is, the father does not want him to play for Nigeria, and we should accept it and move on.
Pfff! I say let the boy decide. The father can want whatever he likes.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:

How is leaving the options open for his son making him turn his back on his heritage? You made similar choice as did many of us that accepted foreign citizenship to better our lives. Did you turn your back on your heritage?
Olodo, the wider point made has again passed over your mononeuronic head.

Me, I was "a Bri'ish" before I ever knew I was Nigerian but accepted my Naija heritage with open arms at the first opportunity....and have never looked back. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Yiba wrote:What i am saying is, the father does not want him to play for Nigeria, and we should accept it and move on.

Would you go against your fathers advise in such circumstance? The father actually had a first hand experience with Nigeria.

IMHO, I totally see where the man (father) is coming from, but he is being short sighted.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ANC wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Would you go against your fathers advise in such circumstance? The father actually had a first hand experience with Nigeria.

IMHO, I totally see where the man (father) is coming from, but he is being short sighted.
I'd make up my own mind on my future.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.