Rohr offers Torunarigha World Cup Spot, reports ESPN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr offers Torunarigha World Cup Spot, reports ESPN

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Yiba wrote:It is an open secret that Rohr is trying to seduce Bundesliga players of Nigerian heritage a chance to play in Russia.

Torunarigha has improved his game tremendously, but I am afraid, the most important person in his life who has to give him the go-ahead to play for Nigeria is his father, Ojokojo. Unfortunately, the father never says anything positive about Nigeria.
It has to take a 'special' kind of African father to want his own son to turn his back on his heritage....if what you say is true.
How is leaving the options open for his son making him turn his back on his heritage? You made similar choice as did many of us that accepted foreign citizenship to better our lives. Did you turn your back on your heritage?
Olodo, the wider point made has again passed over your mononeuronic head.

Me, I was "a Bri'ish"[/i] before I ever knew I was Nigerian but accepted my Naija heritage with open arms at the first opportunity....and have never looked back. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

that explains a lot about you.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yiba wrote:What i am saying is, the father does not want him to play for Nigeria, and we should accept it and move on.
Pfff! I say let the boy decide. The father can want whatever he likes.

Would you go against your fathers advise in such circumstance? The father actually had a first hand experience with Nigeria.

IMHO, I totally see where the man (father) is coming from, but he is being short sighted.
Why not?
Fathers are not infallible. They can be mistaken. They can even be 'creative' with the truth.
Are Nigeria's thieving political elite not fathers too? :lol:

Its about time sons and daughters started having independent opinions and not just parrot the views of their parents.
If he is a man, he should listen to and evaluate all arguments and make his own decision, regardless of what his father thinks.

Anyway, you've said the father might be short-sighted and I agree with you.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yiba wrote:What i am saying is, the father does not want him to play for Nigeria, and we should accept it and move on.

Would you go against your fathers advise in such circumstance? The father actually had a first hand experience with Nigeria.

IMHO, I totally see where the man (father) is coming from, but he is being short sighted.
Why not?
Fathers are not infallible. They can be mistaken. They can even be 'creative' with the truth.

Its about time sons and daughters started having independent opinions and not just parrot the views of their parents.
If he is a man, he should listen to and evaluate all arguments and make his own decision, regardless of what his father thinks.

Nigeria is the unknown element to the young man. The best person to guide him...screams bloody murder. How in the world is he to proceed if he has any sense?
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

I know some insider 'stories' about Ojokojo's position, and I understand his viewpoint.

From the links on this thread, Pal Dardai, Hertha's coach, wants Jordan to concentrate on playing for Germany like the father. Who is he to sing another song?

As Africans, we know the roles that our fathers played in our careers! I think we should be realistic and move on.

It does not mean Ojokojo is not a patriotic Nigerian, rather he is exploring the options available for his son, and I believe his son is more German than Nigerian.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Why not?

Some people disregard their father and his opinion. Others cannot and will not. Its not about father is always right. Some children love their father and will stand in his corner, no matter what.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Make Rohr leave this boy be. Let him play for Germany
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Why not?

Some people disregard their father and his opinion. Others cannot and will not. Its not about father is always right. Some children love their father and will stand in his corner, no matter what.
The pops is just looking out for his son, if he actually has a chance of playing for Germany, the choice is obvious, and he’s still young if by the next World Cup Germany hasn’t given him a real shot he can ‘settle’ for a naija, but those Germans might just cap him once and call it a day lol.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Right now Germany is too stacked, their depth chart of players is so deep that it might take a while before Torunarigha is even considered for a cap to the senior team, realistically his chance of making a world cup anytime soon is with Nigeria... But at the end the buck and decision stops at his table, whatever choice he makes.. I wish him all the best.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can someone who watches the Bundeliga please confirm if he plays more as a centreback than as a leftback. He is supposed to be a leftfooted fullback who can also play as a centreback.

He's a Centreback who can fill in at Left Back if needed.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

niyi wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
ANC wrote:honestly, this is becoming unfair...how do you offer someone a ticket even before making sure he is a good fit for SE?
And my query is what happens after world cup? will they still committed to future call ups ?? however if Rohr promises him world spot does not mean he will start- all depends on fitness of Balogun and he must at least play one of the friendlies -
It feels very wrong when a player has repeatedly turnwd us down then we try to tempt him with a world cup place. Hopefully the news is false.

To my knowledge, he has not repeatedly turned us down. Rather, it was his father (if reports are to believed) who said that he did not want his son to play for Nigeria.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Yiba wrote:It is an open secret that Rohr is trying to seduce Bundesliga players of Nigerian heritage a chance to play in Russia.

Torunarigha has improved his game tremendously, but I am afraid, the most important person in his life who has to give him the go-ahead to play for Nigeria is his father, Ojokojo. Unfortunately, the father never says anything positive about Nigeria.
It has to take a 'special' kind of African father to want his own son to turn his back on his heritage....if what you say is true.
How is leaving the options open for his son making him turn his back on his heritage? You made similar choice as did many of us that accepted foreign citizenship to better our lives. Did you turn your back on your heritage?

Me, I was "a Bri'ish" before I ever knew I was Nigerian but accepted my Naija heritage with open arms at the first opportunity....and have never looked back. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
What is the "wider point"? That you that your mother and Father are Nigerians and grew up in Nigeria can run away from Nigeria to accept citizenship and benefits elsewhere, but God forbid a boy that one of his parents is German chose to represent Germany instead of Nigeria? How do you know the boy does not accept his heritage with open arms by mouth like you do?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Me, I was "a Bri'ish" before I ever knew I was Nigerian but accepted my Naija heritage with open arms at the first opportunity....and have never looked back. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
What is the "wider point"? That you that your mother and Father are Nigerians and grew up in Nigeria can run away from Nigeria to accept citizenship and benefits elsewhere, but God forbid a boy that one of his parents is German chose to represent Germany instead of Nigeria? How do you know the boy does not accept his heritage with open arms by mouth like you do?
Kai!!! Damunk dis wan na Mike Tyson uppercut o! :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can someone who watches the Bundeliga please confirm if he plays more as a centreback than as a leftback. He is supposed to be a leftfooted fullback who can also play as a centreback.
Bayernliga is rubbish league with ONLY one team...................nonsense :curse: :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

zee wrote:
Bayernliga is rubbish league with ONLY one team...................nonsense :curse: :curse:
Is that not the same thing yeye Rangers is doing in Enugu? Poach all the best players in the other teams in Enugu to weaken the opposition then add some good players from 3SC & co to maintain a fake hegemony :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

YemiBrazil wrote:
zee wrote:
Is that not the same thing yeye Rangers is doing in Enugu? Poach all the best players in the other teams in Enugu to weaken the opposition then add some good players from 3SC & co to maintain a fake hegemony :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now that is funny...................old boy, I think say Toxic don open 2nd division thread for sooting supporters? :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Why not?

The pops is just looking out for his son, if he actually has a chance of playing for Germany, the choice is obvious, and he’s still young if by the next World Cup Germany hasn’t given him a real shot he can ‘settle’ for a naija, but those Germans might just cap him once and call it a day lol.
Would always defer to folks to make whatever decisions fit their individual circumstances...
But Dominic Iorfa also thought he was doing the “best” for his son and now seems to be hoping for a SE invite.

The realities of life is that each person’s situation is uniquely his/her, and we do not necessarily control our futures. Nonetheless, the experiences of others can be a useful guide (in addition of course to our own personal experiences), and in that respect his father’s personal experience is not the only relevant one but those of similar-placed folks like Omoweleya, Aogo, Sidney Sam, etc. Whatever he ultimately decides, best of luck to him (of course if it’s not a SE future, would personally lose interest in his career).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Why not?

Would always defer to folks to make whatever decisions fit their individual circumstances...
But Dominic Iorfa also thought he was doing the “best” for his son and now seems to be hoping for a SE invite.

The realities of life is that each person’s situation is uniquely his/her, and we do not necessarily control our futures. Nonetheless, the experiences of others can be a useful guide (in addition of course to our own personal experiences), and in that respect his father’s personal experience is not the only relevant one but those of similar-placed folks like Omoweleya, Aogo, Sidney Sam, etc. Whatever he ultimately decides, best of luck to him (of course if it’s not a SE future, would personally lose interest in his career).
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I remember when England even invited him to do "training material" and he was twerking on Sky Sports News! :lol: :lol:

Cheii! He needs to thank his God that they didnt cap him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Damunk wrote:

Am very surprise by the comments of Ojokojo about his son not interested in playing for Nigeria. This is the same guy that played for Shootings stars and Nigeria before travelling. I happend to know his wife born and bread in ibadan with tribal mark as a complement and now for them to reject Nigeria is a big shame.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Kai!!! Damunk dis wan na Mike Tyson uppercut o! :woot:
He is looking for attention which I routinely refuse to give him.
As always, 1Neuron has got his facts all mixed up. He needs more neurons to work it out properly. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

We need all hands on deck.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

With less than 90 days to go to the world cup, anyone not in the framework now will have to be exceptionally good to make the squad... Anyone carrying the 'potential' tag can be added to the squad after the WC for ANC 2019 preparation.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

welcome addition
would be nice to see someone challenge awaziem for the back up centre back role
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku