Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9037
Next wrote:
Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....



Perhaps you should cool down, not sure what you are seeing. People are just having discussion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36906
Location: UK
ANC wrote:
Next wrote:
Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....



Perhaps you should cool down, not sure what you are seeing. People are just having discussion.

Abi o.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 493
Location: Berlin, Toronto
ANC wrote:
Next wrote:
Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....



Perhaps you should cool down, not sure what you are seeing. People are just having discussion.



@ANC: Frankly, I'm not bothered about it. People are having discussion, which they have the right to do but it appears some are taking it too seriously that Torunarigha should or must play for the SE and if he doesn't the SE is screwed. Sooner or later you will find people here heaping abuses on him just because he decided to not to play for the SE, hence the statement to cool down. If you don't like that maybe because you are an agent or have your own agenda....

_________________
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14423
Next wrote:
ANC wrote:
Next wrote:
Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....



Perhaps you should cool down, not sure what you are seeing. People are just having discussion.



@ANC: Frankly, I'm not bothered about it. People are having discussion, which they have the right to do but it appears some are taking it too seriously that Torunarigha should or must play for the SE and if he doesn't the SE is screwed. Sooner or later you will find people here heaping abuses on him just because he decided to not to play for the SE, hence the statement to cool down. If you don't like that maybe because you are an agent or have your own agenda....
People have said they wish him well even if he decides to represent Germany. Cool down, biko! :D

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36906
Location: UK
Next wrote:
ANC wrote:
Next wrote:
Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....



Perhaps you should cool down, not sure what you are seeing. People are just having discussion.



@ANC: Frankly, I'm not bothered about it. People are having discussion, which they have the right to do but it appears some are taking it too seriously that Torunarigha should or must play for the SE and if he doesn't the SE is screwed. Sooner or later you will find people here heaping abuses on him just because he decided to not to play for the SE, hence the statement to cool down. If you don't like that maybe because you are an agent or have your own agenda....
Your imagination.
This na real straw man argument.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 42456
Damunk wrote:
Next wrote:
ANC wrote:
Next wrote:
Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....



Perhaps you should cool down, not sure what you are seeing. People are just having discussion.



@ANC: Frankly, I'm not bothered about it. People are having discussion, which they have the right to do but it appears some are taking it too seriously that Torunarigha should or must play for the SE and if he doesn't the SE is screwed. Sooner or later you will find people here heaping abuses on him just because he decided to not to play for the SE, hence the statement to cool down. If you don't like that maybe because you are an agent or have your own agenda....
Your imagination.
This na real straw man argument.


But you already said if he doesn't play for Nigeria the he is not embracing his African heritage even though you don't work for Nigeria but claim to embrace your African heritage with open arms. See your double standard life again Damunkey?

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 12999
Location: South London
metalalloy wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
ANC wrote:
honestly, this is becoming unfair...how do you offer someone a ticket even before making sure he is a good fit for SE?


And my query is what happens after world cup? will they still committed to future call ups ?? however if Rohr promises him world spot does not mean he will start- all depends on fitness of Balogun and he must at least play one of the friendlies -



Well once they feature for us at the WC they are tied to us. If they want to continue to play international football, then they have no choice but to be committed.

:clap: And if they want to bounce so be it as long as they make it clear they no longer want to play international football.

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28509
The YeyeMan wrote:
Next wrote:
ANC wrote:
Next wrote:
Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....

Perhaps you should cool down, not sure what you are seeing. People are just having discussion.

@ANC: Frankly, I'm not bothered about it. People are having discussion, which they have the right to do but it appears some are taking it too seriously that Torunarigha should or must play for the SE and if he doesn't the SE is screwed. Sooner or later you will find people here heaping abuses on him just because he decided to not to play for the SE, hence the statement to cool down. If you don't like that maybe because you are an agent or have your own agenda....
People have said they wish him well even if he decides to represent Germany. Cool down, biko! :D

Na wa o... :lol:
Seems like dude is projecting.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 24125
Location: Ikeja
Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
Next wrote:
Guys, cool down please.

If he's not interested in playing for the SE then let it be. The SE will be fine with or without him. We've seen it all before....



Perhaps you should cool down, not sure what you are seeing. People are just having discussion.

Abi o.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7985
Jordan Torunarigha pulls out of German U21 team. Could good news be in the offing?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9118
Dammy wrote:
Jordan Torunarigha pulls out of German U21 team. Could good news be in the offing?


Bro, pulling out is not always good news o.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7527
Dammy wrote:
Jordan Torunarigha pulls out of German U21 team. Could good news be in the offing?



Possibly. But let's wait and see what happens. Very talented young player whose style of play would fit right in with us. Then again, it could be injury related.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7527
By the way, I don't think that a World Cup roster spot has been promised to anyone. If Torunarigha (or any of the other German Nigerian Centrebacks) chooses to play for Nigeria, the offer is likely to be a spot on the provisional roster. This would give him (or any of the others') a chance to train with the Nigerian team and possibly push for a World Cup roster spot. Barring injury, making the final roster would require proving that they currently deserve a spot over one of our top four guys (Ekong, Balogun, Chidozie, Omeruo). However, even if that doesn't happen the important thing is the commitment to Nigeria as we look towards the future (remember that we are not just building for this World Cup, but for the next one as well).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:23 pm
Posts: 4509
Here in Germany, I am aware of Rohr's plans to recruit tried and tested Bundesliga players into Super Eagles. His pitch is the world cup in Russia.

Jordan has made his decision to reject Nigeria for Germany. His agent informed Rohr about the decision.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44573
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Polly wrote:
Nigeria want Hertha defender Torunarigha
http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3421820/nigeria-want-hertha-defender-torunarigha

Hertha Berlin centre-back Jordan Torunarigha has been offered a ticket to the 2018 World Cup by Nigeria, which would allow the Germany under-21 international to represent the same country as his father.

The Bundesliga player could switch allegiances and play for the Super Eagles, which his father, Ojokojo Torunarigha, won 12 caps for in the 1990s.

Eligible to play for both Nigeria and Germany, the Nigerian FA have now offered the centre-back a ticket to the 2018 World Cup, his agent, Thomas Zorn, has confirmed to B.Z.

"That's true. We have such a request from the NFF," Zorn said, and the paper added that Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has tried for several months now to win over the centre-back.

"Jordan must listen to his heart," Zorn said. "This request is a huge honour, and also a confirmation for his great development. But I think his journey for the German FA is not over."

Hertha coach Pal Dardai, 42, said that while "the World Cup is a huge chance for him, it might be better for his development if he first plays for Germany's U21."

"Maybe, he can even play for Germany one day," he said.

Coming through the ranks of Hertha's academy, Torunarigha has played for Germany's youth teams since late 2014, and since debuting for Berlin's pro team in February 2017 has made 21 appearances for the club in Bundesliga and Europa League competition.

Torunarigha has been selected for Germany's upcoming U21 European Championship qualifiers against Israel and Kosovo.


I hope he is able to play for us.

He is really good.

He is 'better' than all of our current CDs... at worst he will add quality depth.

Will like to see how he meshes with our other CDs.

He might just pull a Chidi Nwanu should he be eligible and is willing to play for us.

A team with truly young players who can keep on growing.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9118
Cellular wrote:
Polly wrote:
Nigeria want Hertha defender Torunarigha
http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3421820/nigeria-want-hertha-defender-torunarigha

Hertha Berlin centre-back Jordan Torunarigha has been offered a ticket to the 2018 World Cup by Nigeria, which would allow the Germany under-21 international to represent the same country as his father.

The Bundesliga player could switch allegiances and play for the Super Eagles, which his father, Ojokojo Torunarigha, won 12 caps for in the 1990s.

Eligible to play for both Nigeria and Germany, the Nigerian FA have now offered the centre-back a ticket to the 2018 World Cup, his agent, Thomas Zorn, has confirmed to B.Z.

"That's true. We have such a request from the NFF," Zorn said, and the paper added that Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has tried for several months now to win over the centre-back.

"Jordan must listen to his heart," Zorn said. "This request is a huge honour, and also a confirmation for his great development. But I think his journey for the German FA is not over."

Hertha coach Pal Dardai, 42, said that while "the World Cup is a huge chance for him, it might be better for his development if he first plays for Germany's U21."

"Maybe, he can even play for Germany one day," he said.

Coming through the ranks of Hertha's academy, Torunarigha has played for Germany's youth teams since late 2014, and since debuting for Berlin's pro team in February 2017 has made 21 appearances for the club in Bundesliga and Europa League competition.

Torunarigha has been selected for Germany's upcoming U21 European Championship qualifiers against Israel and Kosovo.


I hope he is able to play for us.

He is really good.

He is 'better' than all of our current CDs... at worst he will add quality depth.

Will like to see how he meshes with our other CDs.

He might just pull a Chidi Nwanu should he be eligible and is willing to play for us.

A team with truly young players who can keep on growing.


How many times have you watched him?

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44573
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Polly wrote:
Nigeria want Hertha defender Torunarigha
http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3421820/nigeria-want-hertha-defender-torunarigha

Hertha Berlin centre-back Jordan Torunarigha has been offered a ticket to the 2018 World Cup by Nigeria, which would allow the Germany under-21 international to represent the same country as his father.

The Bundesliga player could switch allegiances and play for the Super Eagles, which his father, Ojokojo Torunarigha, won 12 caps for in the 1990s.

Eligible to play for both Nigeria and Germany, the Nigerian FA have now offered the centre-back a ticket to the 2018 World Cup, his agent, Thomas Zorn, has confirmed to B.Z.

"That's true. We have such a request from the NFF," Zorn said, and the paper added that Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has tried for several months now to win over the centre-back.

"Jordan must listen to his heart," Zorn said. "This request is a huge honour, and also a confirmation for his great development. But I think his journey for the German FA is not over."

Hertha coach Pal Dardai, 42, said that while "the World Cup is a huge chance for him, it might be better for his development if he first plays for Germany's U21."

"Maybe, he can even play for Germany one day," he said.

Coming through the ranks of Hertha's academy, Torunarigha has played for Germany's youth teams since late 2014, and since debuting for Berlin's pro team in February 2017 has made 21 appearances for the club in Bundesliga and Europa League competition.

Torunarigha has been selected for Germany's upcoming U21 European Championship qualifiers against Israel and Kosovo.


I hope he is able to play for us.

He is really good.

He is 'better' than all of our current CDs... at worst he will add quality depth.

Will like to see how he meshes with our other CDs.

He might just pull a Chidi Nwanu should he be eligible and is willing to play for us.

A team with truly young players who can keep on growing.


How many times have you watched him?


About 3 times.

Although Kevin Akpoguma is my client.

I like this dude.

I have this thing for professionally trained defenders... I no like backmen at all at all... but defenders? I like dem plenty... smartest players on the field. :taunt: :tic:

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44573
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
BTW, I now just watch games that Naijarians are playing.

I don't care what team is playing. Just watch the Naijarians playing.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9118
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Polly wrote:
Nigeria want Hertha defender Torunarigha
http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3421820/nigeria-want-hertha-defender-torunarigha

Hertha Berlin centre-back Jordan Torunarigha has been offered a ticket to the 2018 World Cup by Nigeria, which would allow the Germany under-21 international to represent the same country as his father.

The Bundesliga player could switch allegiances and play for the Super Eagles, which his father, Ojokojo Torunarigha, won 12 caps for in the 1990s.

Eligible to play for both Nigeria and Germany, the Nigerian FA have now offered the centre-back a ticket to the 2018 World Cup, his agent, Thomas Zorn, has confirmed to B.Z.

"That's true. We have such a request from the NFF," Zorn said, and the paper added that Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has tried for several months now to win over the centre-back.

"Jordan must listen to his heart," Zorn said. "This request is a huge honour, and also a confirmation for his great development. But I think his journey for the German FA is not over."

Hertha coach Pal Dardai, 42, said that while "the World Cup is a huge chance for him, it might be better for his development if he first plays for Germany's U21."

"Maybe, he can even play for Germany one day," he said.

Coming through the ranks of Hertha's academy, Torunarigha has played for Germany's youth teams since late 2014, and since debuting for Berlin's pro team in February 2017 has made 21 appearances for the club in Bundesliga and Europa League competition.

Torunarigha has been selected for Germany's upcoming U21 European Championship qualifiers against Israel and Kosovo.


I hope he is able to play for us.

He is really good.

He is 'better' than all of our current CDs... at worst he will add quality depth.

Will like to see how he meshes with our other CDs.

He might just pull a Chidi Nwanu should he be eligible and is willing to play for us.

A team with truly young players who can keep on growing.


How many times have you watched him?


About 3 times.

Although Kevin Akpoguma is my client.

I like this dude.

I have this thing for professionally trained defenders... I no like backmen at all at all... but defenders? I like dem plenty... smartest players on the field. :taunt: :tic:


Okay. I dont think he is better than what we have, but I'd have wanted him because we do not have a left footed, CB.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14423
Yiba wrote:
Here in Germany, I am aware of Rohr's plans to recruit tried and tested Bundesliga players into Super Eagles. His pitch is the world cup in Russia.

Jordan has made his decision to reject Nigeria for Germany. His agent informed Rohr about the decision.

What's your source?

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6910
Cellular wrote:
BTW, I now just watch games that Naijarians are playing.

I don't care what team is playing. Just watch the Naijarians playing.


Chairman, I have always been like that.

I supported a European team (Milan) from about age 9 - 20, and then started watching games with Nigerian players and conditionally supporting teams with Naija players.

Locally, I don't know if I should support a team, or just form one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9037
truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
BTW, I now just watch games that Naijarians are playing.

I don't care what team is playing. Just watch the Naijarians playing.


Chairman, I have always been like that.

I supported a European team (Milan) from about age 9 - 20, and then started watching games with Nigerian players and conditionally supporting teams with Naija players.

Locally, I don't know if I should support a team, or just form one.



It does not have to be either or. Form a team, that way you can have it both ways.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44573
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
On NTA sports show this evening, Saturday, they claimed Torunarigha has formal rejected Naijaria and pledged his allegiance to Germany.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Edu, Google [Bot], ikeo, miky, TonyTheTigerKiller and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group