Manchester United Lacks Football Heritage - Jose

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United Lacks Football Heritage - Jose

Post by YemiBrazil »

There is no way you are going to get applauded for losing to Sevilla after this... even if you are Sir Alex Ferguson - the warped lesson on heritage won't erase this so the only option is to fight back on the green grass :D :thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Mourinho is said to have explained in the letter how he would be prepared to adapt his style of management to suit the demands at Old Trafford, and how he would seek to overhaul the squad.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... job-report
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Shameless football-coward........................this clown has no shame. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Kaiser1
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaiser1 »

Guardiola:

Manchester City have only won 2 league titles in 50yrs, They have made the CL semi once. 2011 they didn't make the CL knockout, 2012 they didn't make the knockout, 2013 they didn't make the knockout 2014 they got knocked out in the first knockout game home and away loss to Barcelona, 2015 home and away loss to Barcelona, 2016 they made the semi final

There is something in Catalan called heritage, Man City has no such heritage and the fans should be realistic and know they weren't winning titles for most of the 50yrs before now.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

charlie wrote:Everyone that knows me here know I am no Jose groupie. I have been one of his biggest critics for his negative style of football (aka Bus parker extraordinaire).

Now he said a lot of isht (he typically does), but lets focus specifically on the part to do with "Football Heritage" that is getting everyone all riled up.
“In 2014, out in the quarter-final. In 2015, no European football. In 2016, back to European football, out in the group phase, [United] go to the Europa League and out in the second knockout [phase].

“In 2017, play the Europa League, win it with me and United go back to the Champions League. In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18, and lose at home in the last-16.

“So in seven years with four different managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter-final – this is football heritage.”
Na lie? Absolute truth. United has not been a force in Europe since 2010.
Other than 1998 and 2008, when has United lifted Europe's greatest title? Infact, you can make a solid claim that Liverpool, Bayern, even Ajax have more European football heritage than United (albeit not as recent).

What else did he say?
“In the last seven years the worst position of Manchester City in the Premier League was fourth. In the last seven years Manchester City was champions twice and if you want to say three times [meaning this season, too], and they were second twice. That’s heritage.
Again, Absolute truth, and an honest show of respect from Jose to a recognized superior team. To compare Manchester United with Manchester City in their current form is just preposterous.
“Do you know what is also heritage? Is that Otamendi, Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Agüero, they are investments from the past, not from the last two years [when Guardiola took over]. The United players that left the club last season; see where they play, how they play, if they play,” he said of Wayne Rooney, Adnan Januzaj, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin, Víctor Valdés, Paddy McNair, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Donald Love.
Again, can anyone argue with his points? City inherited a core set of players that have been consistently part of the core team for many years now. Their chemistry is palpable. Yes they have spent money like no mans business, but they have also used that money to build the deepest bench in the premiership. Their core team didnt really change much.

On the other hand, United's core team is still evolving, with some great prospects (De Gea, Lingaard, Lukaku, Bailly) and some disappointments (Pogba, Mata). I expect some more changes in the midfield and help up front this summer, but honestly not that much. They are not as far off as many think. I think someone like Vardy can really feed off well from Lukaku in that front line.

You can criticize United all you like but they are second in the EPL only to City, which is an improvement compared to previous years. They have shown clear progress under Mourinho.

Yes its not SAF type domination, yes its not even close to rivaling their local rivals, but they are improving and heading in the right direction which is his bottom line point which everyone else is purposefully ignoring.

I hate Manure. I really do, but I respect this club enough to say it as it is; United are not a top European team,...yet!

Its a bit rich for him to name KDB isn't it; considering he got rid of him at Chelsea!

He has no point.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

charlie wrote:Everyone that knows me here know I am no Jose groupie. I have been one of his biggest critics for his negative style of football (aka Bus parker extraordinaire).

Now he said a lot of isht (he typically does), but lets focus specifically on the part to do with "Football Heritage" that is getting everyone all riled up.
“In 2014, out in the quarter-final. In 2015, no European football. In 2016, back to European football, out in the group phase, [United] go to the Europa League and out in the second knockout [phase].

“In 2017, play the Europa League, win it with me and United go back to the Champions League. In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18, and lose at home in the last-16.

“So in seven years with four different managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter-final – this is football heritage.”
Na lie? Absolute truth. United has not been a force in Europe since 2010.
Other than 1998 and 2008, when has United lifted Europe's greatest title? Infact, you can make a solid claim that Liverpool, Bayern, even Ajax have more European football heritage than United (albeit not as recent).

What else did he say?
“In the last seven years the worst position of Manchester City in the Premier League was fourth. In the last seven years Manchester City was champions twice and if you want to say three times [meaning this season, too], and they were second twice. That’s heritage.
Again, Absolute truth, and an honest show of respect from Jose to a recognized superior team. To compare Manchester United with Manchester City in their current form is just preposterous.
“Do you know what is also heritage? Is that Otamendi, Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Agüero, they are investments from the past, not from the last two years [when Guardiola took over]. The United players that left the club last season; see where they play, how they play, if they play,” he said of Wayne Rooney, Adnan Januzaj, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin, Víctor Valdés, Paddy McNair, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Donald Love.
Again, can anyone argue with his points? City inherited a core set of players that have been consistently part of the core team for many years now. Their chemistry is palpable. Yes they have spent money like no mans business, but they have also used that money to build the deepest bench in the premiership. Their core team didnt really change much.

On the other hand, United's core team is still evolving, with some great prospects (De Gea, Lingaard, Lukaku, Bailly) and some disappointments (Pogba, Mata). I expect some more changes in the midfield and help up front this summer, but honestly not that much. They are not as far off as many think. I think someone like Vardy can really feed off well from Lukaku in that front line.

You can criticize United all you like but they are second in the EPL only to City, which is an improvement compared to previous years. They have shown clear progress under Mourinho.

Yes its not SAF type domination, yes its not even close to rivaling their local rivals, but they are improving and heading in the right direction which is his bottom line point which everyone else is purposefully ignoring.

I hate Manure. I really do, but I respect this club enough to say it as it is; United are not a top European team,...yet!
Thank you for taking the time to write the above. However, you were 100% incorrect with your statement below:
What he said and the title used here are NOT the same thing.
Platinum reported exactly what he said. Now you could accuse people of misinterpreting what he was trying to say, but that is not the same as saying that the title was not what he said.

Now back to the substantive point you wrote above. What was Mourinho brought to do? He rattled off a bunch of stats about Manchester united's UCL performance over the past few years, NO $#% SHERLOCK, wtf do you think you were hired to do??? Telling supporters that this is nothing new for them and they should be used to it is spitting in their faces.

I have posted an article from 2 years ago where Mourinho himself stated that he was not going to use previous poor results for Manchester United as an excuse. That is EXACTLY what he is doing in that press conference .

FYI, this is his usual deflection and trying to cause controversy to "shield" his players. He isn't being criticized for losing, he is being criticized for his absurd tactics that he displays in losing AND in winning. He just called Manchester United the underdog in the Sevilla game because Sevilla has a "huge tradition in knockout competitions" WTF seriously? a team that is 5th in la liga and team wey common Leicester beat was favoured against Man U, at Old trafford??? because they have won the EUropa in the past few years. Jesu! This is what he just said about Sevilla
"They're a team with a great deal of experience at the highest level, playing every week against Real Madrid, Valencia, Atletico, Barcelona, the best players.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EPL brainwashed drones will not like that one one bit.

As for the City "heritage" :lol: :lol: that doesnt justify a serious rebuttal. All we have heard on this forum for the past few months is how Pep "failed" in his first season and then "bought his way to a title" this season.Now you people want to flip it on its head and claim that pep inherited a core set of players that are stronger than the Man United team Jose inherited? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ok how much did Sevilla spend that man u couldnt beat them over a two leg tie? Oh i forgot, they play against Barca and Real so they are automatically better than Man u.. :roll:

You cant make this chit up.. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

metalalloy, I really cant argue with your points.
There is no doubting that Man U is by far the best club in EPL history. I think this is what is riling up a lot of ManU fans.
They cant accept the best club in EPL history can be accused of lacking "football heritage"

By football heritage I believe he was referring to ManU's European pedigree, especially at the highest level. If he had said "Recent European record" or "Recent European success rate", I doubt there would be as much controversy.
Bottom line as YemiBrazil and others have pointed out is that Jose runs his mouth too much when he might be best serve to shut up and just do his job. His mouth and ego has always gotten him into trouble, and nothing has really changed.

Anyway sha, lets leave the special one to his own devices and move on.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

charlie wrote:metalalloy, I really cant argue with your points.
There is no doubting that Man U is by far the best club in EPL history. I think this is what is riling up a lot of ManU fans.
They cant accept the best club in EPL history can be accused of lacking "football heritage"

By football heritage I believe he was referring to ManU's European pedigree, especially at the highest level. If he had said "Recent European record" or "Recent European success rate", I doubt there would be as much controversy.
Bottom line as YemiBrazil and others have pointed out is that Jose runs his mouth too much when he might be best serve to shut up and just do his job. His mouth and ego has always gotten him into trouble, and nothing has really changed.

Anyway sha, lets leave the special one to his own devices and move on.
fair enough bros. i agree.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Nothing to see here.. classical Jose.. I could never understand how a man that has achieved so much still shows signs of insecurity..

Beginning of the season, Jose & his fans were screaming "we won 3 trophies".. Now he has failed in Europe this season, story don change..

Just accept the failure, ignore the critics, and get back to work..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Kaiser1
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaiser1 »

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

In Sevilla, there are many players that will play in my team.

The fans, they read what people write. They listen to what people say.
And the people that write, and the people that say are people with a lot of ideas.
And I used to call people with a lot of ideas, idealists, or idiots.

You know, in my dictionary, the dictionary of life, a person with a lot of ideas can be an ideologist or idea-list,...I dont know; or they can be an e-diot...

And the people, they listen to the ideologist, and they also listen to the idiots!
Classic Jose. In short he just called the press idiots to their faces, for thinking Manchester United was by default a better squad than Sevilla!!!!! :D :D :D :D

:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its funny, I cant find the transcripts of the 2nd part of the interview anywhere. I wonder why? Maybe the idea-lists still think we are idiots,...who freaking knows?! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Seriously though, Jose's mouth will always get him into trouble. It is his nature, but he is right though...listen for yourself and make up your own minds.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43431 ... um=twitter
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

analyzer wrote:Nothing to see here.. classical Jose.. I could never understand how a man that has achieved so much still shows signs of insecurity..

Beginning of the season, Jose & his fans were screaming "we won 3 trophies".. Now he has failed in Europe this season, story don change..

Just accept the failure, ignore the critics, and get back to work..
Borinho is a clown. First off, Manure has a better football "heritage" in the CL than Sevilla, who outplayed them in both legs, with Manure just having 4 shots on target in 180 mins. Not to mention the fact that this is not the Sevilla that won all those Europa/Uefa Cups as they are a selling club. This Sevilla team has no business beating Manure and Borinho is struggling to explain away the loss and/or divert attention from his role in that failure.

On his insecurity, incidentally, I was discussing with a friend why the man can't just ignore the pundits like De Boer, Scholes, etc and the pettiness of his responses, and I also put it down to insecurity. Barca fans deride him as the amateur psychologist, so let me attempt some amateur psychology on why a very rich and successful coach can be so insecure.

I think the first reason is his physical stature. It is the "Napoleon Complex". He feels he needs to be aggressive to assert himself. My second reason is that he didn't play the game at a high level, so he subconsciously feels that top players do not respect him and it leads to him always seeking to hug the limelight instead of leaving it to the guys that actually deliver on the pitch. Sergio Ramos allegedly once told him during a disagreement that he wouldn't understand leaving the person you are designated to mark b/c he didn't play the game. Players tend to respect fellow pros, esp when they know how good you were. Great ex players command respect as coaches. I think Borinho feels that he is not getting that respect. When he did that knee slide goal celebration at Madrid, one Barca director said it was b/c he never played the game and never had a chance to celebrate a goal like that.
http://www.naijiant.com/
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

I'm struggling to make sense of Mourinho's logic here...
Same way I struggled to comprehend his utterances during the 'drama' with Eva Caneiro at Chelsea...

What's up with this guy's irritating habit of sounding wacko sometimes...

Er..? Sevilla is suddenly this awesome team that ManU has no business beating?

Is Mourinho actually implying that ManU fans have no business criticising the loss to Sevilla..?
What exactly is this rant about..?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The English media knives are out for Borinho.
Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address lasted two minutes. Martin Luther King’s ‘I Have a Dream’ speech lasted 17 minutes. John F Kennedy’s Inauguration Speech lasted 14 minutes. Winston Churchill’s ‘Fight on the Beaches’ speech lasted 34 minutes.

Acclaimed as football’s answer to all of them, Jose Mourinho’s self-serving, self-aggrandising, self-regarding, self-pitying, melodramatic, hard-luck claptrap that passed for his attempt at oratory on Friday afternoon lasted 12 minutes. His only theme was Jose Mourinho. He used his moment on the stage to deliver a homage to himself.

Ask not what Mourinho can do for Manchester United but what Manchester United can do for him. His was a dystopian vision of a great football club as a vehicle for a narcissist. His was a speech that denigrated United so that he could vindicate himself. Some managers subjugate themselves to their clubs. Mourinho asks that the club subjugates itself to him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z5A6eWifxw
http://www.naijiant.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

People love to debate where there ought not to be on in the first place. Heritage or not ,ManU have no business losing to Seville. The talk of heritage after the loss is nothing but a dumb and pathetic attempt to deflect attention from the shameful manner of the loss.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

I listened to the interview and you guys are commenting based on a falsehood. He certainly did not take a shot at the club. You completely miss the point.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

felarey wrote:I listened to the interview and you guys are commenting based on a falsehood. He certainly did not take a shot at the club. You completely miss the point.
:bump: :bump: .............and Morocco is the capital of US. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:People love to debate where there ought not to be on in the first place. Heritage or not ,ManU have no business losing to Seville. The talk of heritage after the loss is nothing but a dumb and pathetic attempt to deflect attention from the shameful manner of the loss.

Bros, I agree the talk of heritage na distraction. But to say ManU has no business losing to Sevilla? Haba?? How you fit say that one now after everything we have seen so far?

Sevilla have been a staplestone of European competitions in the last 5 years. They won the UEFA Europa League 3 years in a row from 2013-2016!!!
http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/tea ... index.html

ManU under SAF and ManU today no be the same team bros. Na the thing wey you fans suppose understand and accept, if you dont want to underestimate any european competitor in the future.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

memories.
but hey, let's all pile on Mourinho because it's the IN thing

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kaiser1 wrote:Guardiola:

Manchester City have only won 2 league titles in 50yrs, They have made the CL semi once. 2011 they didn't make the CL knockout, 2012 they didn't make the knockout, 2013 they didn't make the knockout 2014 they got knocked out in the first knockout game home and away loss to Barcelona, 2015 home and away loss to Barcelona, 2016 they made the semi final

There is something in Catalan called heritage, Man City has no such heritage and the fans should be realistic and know they weren't winning titles for most of the 50yrs before now.
why are you bringing common sense against the ABU's?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:LOL Manure fans, kai how can you take this standing up :rotf: :rotf:

"In the last 7 years, the worst position of Manchester City in the premier leageu was 4th, in the last seven years, City was champion twice, and if you want to say 3x cos they will be in one more week , two three or 4, and they was 2nd twice. That's heritage, you want to know what is also heritage? Is that Otamendi, KDB, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, the are investments FROM THE PAST, NOT FROM THE LAST TWO YEARS, FROM THE PAST, do you know how many of United players that left the club last season, see where they play, where they play, how they play, if they play, that's football heritage.

Tomorrow irredeemable buffoons like thiefco and his cronies will bray and keep repeating the LIE about how Pep bought his way to the title :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Here it is from the horse's own mouth
why do you get so worked up on any topic JM/United?

would it not be better to find a team to cheer?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:People love to debate where there ought not to be on in the first place. Heritage or not ,ManU have no business losing to Seville. The talk of heritage after the loss is nothing but a dumb and pathetic attempt to deflect attention from the shameful manner of the loss.
Bros, I agree the talk of heritage na distraction. But to say ManU has no business losing to Sevilla? Haba?? How you fit say that one now after everything we have seen so far?

Sevilla have been a staplestone of European competitions in the last 5 years. They won the UEFA Europa League 3 years in a row from 2013-2016!!!

ManU under SAF and ManU today no be the same team bros. Na the thing wey you fans suppose understand and accept, if you dont want to underestimate any european competitor in the future.
Oga Charlie , Sevilla won the Europa 3 seasons ago and Manure just last season.... Player for player Sevilla have nothing on ManU.....they have no business beating ManU. Now I agree anything happens in football....but only a man with a leaky mouth who feels he must respond to everything that is said, that would go on a distraction spree in other to deflect attention from his shortcomings. He should spend his energy organising his team to play better football instead of spewing rubbish.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

charlie wrote:

We know Sevilla, we saw them against Leicester last season and they lost out. Football is no mathematics but we all know Leicester's recent head-to-head against Man United.
Also, the current Man United holds Sevilla's cherished Europa title - granted Sevilla couldn't fight for it as they were busy trying to figure out Leicester in the champions league.
No matter how we slice and dice it and regardless of Mourinho's attempt at diverting attention, Man United has no business losing to Sevilla. Also, you have to factor in the context here, Mourinho failed to build on a clearly positive momentum - United just defeated rivals Chelsea and Liverpool (who the pundits overwhelmingly favored) while Sevilla was going through a rough patch but Mourinho decided to be Mourinho. Unlike the games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool - the team was not even set up to grab the lead and close shop. He deliberately started Fellaini and stifled everything from the 1st minute :lol: .
As said earlier, which you acknowledged, he should man up and accept his failure (at least to himself) and keep quiet while he works on fixing the issues - that's why he is one of the highest paid employees in the world! He was never hired to analyze the history of Manchester United. Again, the rival fans can do a much better job of that :mrgreen: .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *