Manchester United Lacks Football Heritage - Jose

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Manchester United Lacks Football Heritage - Jose

Post by platinum »

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-u ... inute-rant

Go to the link for the rest of the story.
Jose Mourinho has launched a fierce defence of Manchester United's Champions League exit to Sevilla by insisting the club lacks "football heritage" in an emotional 12-minute speech during his Friday news conference.

United were knocked out in the Champions League round-of-16 after a 2-1 defeat to Sevilla at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.

Mourinho's team were expected to progress to the quarterfinals but the Portuguese coach has questioned that view by highlighting United's recent European record.

The 55-year-old read out a list of statistics from a notebook in a rant that lasted 12-and-a-half minutes.

"There is something that I call football heritage," he said. "The last time Manchester United won the Champions League, which didn't happen a lot of times, was in 2008.

"Since reaching the final in 2011, in 2012, [United have gone] out in the group phase. The group was almost the same group we had this season, Benfica, Basel and Galati from Romania. Out in the group phase.....
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Manchester United Lacks Football Heritage - Jose

Post by cic old boy »

Sh*t coach, with sh*t excuses, playing sh*t on a stick football.
http://www.naijiant.com/
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Smart guy, Mourinho. He just wants to be fired, so he can collect his money and go
find another 'Mugu' team.

Mourinho had been successful when he had 'a-goal-a-game' strikers (ala Drogba, Eto'o, and Costa)
that can help mask his attacking deficiencies. All he needs is for his 'lone ranger' striker to keep
the opposition in check while the rest of the team keeps the 'dam' secure. Whenever the 'dam'
is breached and his team falls behind, as we saw against Sevilla, his lack of offensive formula
becomes glaring.
If this rot continues, ManU might have to bring back Lord Ferguson to help whip-up the team's
mental strength.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

joao wrote: Mourinho had been successful when he had 'a-goal-a-game' strikers (ala Drogba, Eto'o, and Costa)
that can help mask his attacking deficiencies. .
Borinho played Eto'o as a rightback at Inter. His striker there was Diego Milito.
http://www.naijiant.com/
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

cic old boy wrote:
joao wrote: Mourinho had been successful when he had 'a-goal-a-game' strikers (ala Drogba, Eto'o, and Costa)
Borinho played Eto'o as a rightback at Inter. His striker there was Diego Milito.
You are quite right. Milito was one of those 'a-goal-a-game' strikers.
Mourinho's teams always need one of those to save his behind, and unfortunately at current ManU,
there's no striker with such consistency, with most forwards having to help guard the rear.
Maybe ManU should give 'an arm and a leg' for Kane, who I think might fit the role.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

He has to be feeling like the attacks are unfair. The British media smells blood, they're going to turn things up another notch.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Kaiser1
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaiser1 »

He basically told Man utd fans to know their level in football and be grateful for where they are today
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Kaiser1 wrote:He basically told Man utd fans to know their level in football and be grateful for where they are today
Kpagam!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
thought it was left back? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Kaiser1 wrote:He basically told Man utd fans to know their level in football and be grateful for where they are today
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He is right

Signed,
thiefco the clown.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

LOL Manure fans, kai how can you take this standing up :rotf: :rotf:

"In the last 7 years, the worst position of Manchester City in the premier leageu was 4th, in the last seven years, City was champion twice, and if you want to say 3x cos they will be in one more week , two three or 4, and they was 2nd twice. That's heritage, you want to know what is also heritage? Is that Otamendi, KDB, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, the are investments FROM THE PAST, NOT FROM THE LAST TWO YEARS, FROM THE PAST, do you know how many of United players that left the club last season, see where they play, where they play, how they play, if they play, that's football heritage.

Tomorrow irredeemable buffoons like thiefco and his cronies will bray and keep repeating the LIE about how Pep bought his way to the title :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Here it is from the horse's own mouth
[/video]
Last edited by metalalloy on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Once again a leaky mouth that does not know when to stop leaking rubbish.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

What he said and the title used here are NOT the same thing.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... 12-minutes

I am no Manure supporter, but I ask people to actually read, watch what the bus driver said before you start yabbing him here.

Nothing but truth.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

charlie wrote:What he said and the title used here are NOT the same thing.

I am no Manure supporter, but I ask people to actually read, watch what the bus driver said before you start yabbing him here.

Nothing but truth.

Please parse out the difference that you see....??

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nothing but truth.
LOL. why do you bother?

My only disappointment is that I know Platinum is a man of integrity. He should do better.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

This dude just got himself let go after the season. What a buffoon
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:

Nothing but truth.
LOL. why do you bother?

My only disappointment is that I know Platinum is a man of integrity. He should do better.

We are still waiting for you Mourinho interpreters to translate what he truly said...

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

2019: Manchester United lacks football heritage
2016:
Jose Mourinho Insists He Won't Use Poor Manchester United Results As Excuse
"I could be defensive and point at our results in the past three years, but I cannot do that.
"When people have had a certain menu for years, you must improve the menu if you want to change it. Success has been normal at Man United. We want to forget about the last three years. The players must not think about doing better and finishing fourth, that is not the aim."
http://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/new ... che/293255

Charlie and Danfo would you please interpret dis one as well while you are at it? :D

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Everyone that knows me here know I am no Jose groupie. I have been one of his biggest critics for his negative style of football (aka Bus parker extraordinaire).

Now he said a lot of isht (he typically does), but lets focus specifically on the part to do with "Football Heritage" that is getting everyone all riled up.
“In 2014, out in the quarter-final. In 2015, no European football. In 2016, back to European football, out in the group phase, [United] go to the Europa League and out in the second knockout [phase].

“In 2017, play the Europa League, win it with me and United go back to the Champions League. In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18, and lose at home in the last-16.

“So in seven years with four different managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter-final – this is football heritage.”
Na lie? Absolute truth. United has not been a force in Europe since 2010.
Other than 1998 and 2008, when has United lifted Europe's greatest title? Infact, you can make a solid claim that Liverpool, Bayern, even Ajax have more European football heritage than United (albeit not as recent).

What else did he say?
“In the last seven years the worst position of Manchester City in the Premier League was fourth. In the last seven years Manchester City was champions twice and if you want to say three times [meaning this season, too], and they were second twice. That’s heritage.
Again, Absolute truth, and an honest show of respect from Jose to a recognized superior team. To compare Manchester United with Manchester City in their current form is just preposterous.
“Do you know what is also heritage? Is that Otamendi, Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Agüero, they are investments from the past, not from the last two years [when Guardiola took over]. The United players that left the club last season; see where they play, how they play, if they play,” he said of Wayne Rooney, Adnan Januzaj, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin, Víctor Valdés, Paddy McNair, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Donald Love.
Again, can anyone argue with his points? City inherited a core set of players that have been consistently part of the core team for many years now. Their chemistry is palpable. Yes they have spent money like no mans business, but they have also used that money to build the deepest bench in the premiership. Their core team didnt really change much.

On the other hand, United's core team is still evolving, with some great prospects (De Gea, Lingaard, Lukaku, Bailly) and some disappointments (Pogba, Mata). I expect some more changes in the midfield and help up front this summer, but honestly not that much. They are not as far off as many think. I think someone like Vardy can really feed off well from Lukaku in that front line.

You can criticize United all you like but they are second in the EPL only to City, which is an improvement compared to previous years. They have shown clear progress under Mourinho.

Yes its not SAF type domination, yes its not even close to rivaling their local rivals, but they are improving and heading in the right direction which is his bottom line point which everyone else is purposefully ignoring.

I hate Manure. I really do, but I respect this club enough to say it as it is; United are not a top European team,...yet!
Last edited by charlie on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Obviously he was trying to get a message across in a typical Mourinho way but he should just get back to his office and work for the huge money he earns - you are employed to add something positive to the heritage with results on match day not to analyze the history of the establishment that employed you, the haters will always do a better job of that :lol: :lol: .
He failed against Sevilla - he should address it by turning things around. We all know that's why they hired him :mrgreen: .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the man should not be giving press conference i English. His native Portuguese with a smart translator. This is equivalent to a Nigerian official trying to impress with big big grammar.