OVER THE VAR: FIFA APPROVES FOR WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
OVER THE VAR: FIFA APPROVES FOR WC

Post by anointed »

Video replays will be used in Russia.
Last edited by anointed on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ROVER THE VAR: FIFA APPROVES FOR WC

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: OVER THE VAR: FIFA APPROVES FOR WC

Post by highbury »

This will certainly curtail the ojoro we see at the World Cup. More especially against African teams or other smaller countries.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

This is a bad idea, if it going to used in the manner that I saw at most FA games. Its going to slow the game down.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...with VAR more added minutes at end of each halves plus injury time.
US broadcasters no go like this as it will cut into their regularly scheduled programs, their main cash cows.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

They should have tried this out first in the age-grade WC. There is a middle ground though, each team gets like 3 opportunities maximum to review a call.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Nice move. Hope it applies to dives so South American teams can get carded for simulation.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote:This will certainly curtail the ojoro we see at the World Cup. More especially against African teams or other smaller countries.
It is usually against African teams anyway. Let's hope the referees will use it during African teams' games and when it favors African teams
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:This is a bad idea, if it going to used in the manner that I saw at most FA games. Its going to slow the game down.
Bros, are you more concerned about slowing down the game or making sure the biasness against African teams are curtailed?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

VAR must also be at the 2019 Afcon.

This is a game changer.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Odas wrote:
ANC wrote:This is a bad idea, if it going to used in the manner that I saw at most FA games. Its going to slow the game down.
Bros, are you more concerned about slowing down the game or making sure the biasness against African teams are curtailed?

I am more concerned about the beauty of the game.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:
Odas wrote:
Thus beauty is more important than fairness or making the correct calls if in doubt?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Odas wrote:
ANC wrote:
Odas wrote:
Thus beauty is more important than fairness or making the correct calls if in doubt?

thats part of the game
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ANC wrote:
Odas wrote:

You are talking outright nonsense.....................VAR came 36 years too late.
With VAR Italy won't be 1982 WC champs...........Cameroun won Peru(Milla legit goal disallowed), meaning Italy would be out in the 1st round.
1990 WC final(Völler admitted that his pen was a gift) would have gone to extra time and maybe pens ........and we all know that Argentina had the best pen-killer of the 1990 WC.
1994 ............Nigeria vs Italy , a red card for Italian last defender that held the Legendary Yekini for over 15m :woot: .
2014...........Nigeria Vs France, a good goal for Nigeria, 2 red cards for France and a pen for Nigeria to go with one of the red cards.

The VAR is the best thing to happen to fooball and we are about to start seeing TRUE World champs.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:
Odas wrote:
ANC wrote:
Odas wrote:
thats part of the game
.. if so, such should be applicable to all teams instead of MAINLY against African teams. Granted errors will still be made by the referees, I think VAR is a very good thing whether it slows the game or not
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zee wrote:
ANC wrote:
Odas wrote:
You are talking outright nonsense.....................VAR came 36 years too late.
With VAR Italy won't be 1982 WC champs...........Cameroun won Peru(Milla legit goal disallowed), meaning Italy would be out in the 1st round.
1990 WC final(Völler admitted that his pen was a gift) would have gone to extra time and maybe pens ........and we all know that Argentina had the best pen-killer of the 1990 WC.
1994 ............Nigeria vs Italy , a red card for Italian last defender that held the Legendary Yekini for over 15m :woot: .
2014...........Nigeria Vs France, a good goal for Nigeria, 2 red cards for France and a pen for Nigeria to go with one of the red cards.

The VAR is the best thing to happen to fooball and we are about to start seeing TRUE World champs.
The GREAT Zee! Thanks for the details :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

As well I am sure Edin Dzeko goal ruled offside in the Bosnia game (2014 WC) would have stood. LOL!
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Look at these useless Luddites complaining. This is a great addition and long overdue. Imagine if it existed back in the 1960s...useless England would be short their own World Cup title which they won thanks to an ojoro goal.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Emenike goal was an offside omo did people watch different game or what