MOSES SIMON: Rejected in Nigeria but Makes it in Belgium....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
MOSES SIMON: Rejected in Nigeria but Makes it in Belgium....

Post by Enugu II »

Moses Simon – From Begging Nigerian Teams For Trials To Making €1m Move To Gent In 18 Months
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/17/mo ... 18-months/
March 17, 2018010

Not many people are aware of the humble beginning of Gent forward Moses Simon, who is now a senior international player for Nigeria after enduring several rejections from Nigerian clubs during his formative years.

In an exclusive chat with Owngoalnigeria.com, the soft spoken forward who is widely tipped to leave Gent after the summer World Cup in Russia reveals his hard road to success.

The Beginning :

I am not the first child of my parents but I happen to be the first who picked football as a career. My younger brother Thankgod has since tried to emulate me. He is talented but just like me he has to wait for his time, which I believe will come very soon,

First Career Step:

Permit me not to mention names of club here, but I was at a time begging to be given a fair chance to show my abilities. One coach looked at me and said I’m too short to make it in football. The man who believed in me aside my grassroot coach in Kaduna was Ahmed Ibrahim, the popular Coach Bros in Jos.

I attended the 2013 U20 World Youth Championship, I only got few minutes playing time. However I was handed a chance to trial with Ajax Amsterdam. Personally I think I didn’t do badly but Ajax didn’t see it that way. AS Trencin of Slovakia snapped me up and the rest is history.

Transfer From Trencin To Gent:

The transfer happened so fast that many people forgot that I was just a year old as a professional footballer. From the time I was rejected by Nigerian teams to when I went to Gent should be around 18 months. However I only played professionally for one year before the move to Gent.

Super Eagles :

Sunday Oliseh handed me my debut, and I also played under coach Samson Siasia as well. I still can’t believe I played a role in qualifying Nigeria for the World Cup under the guidance of coach Gernot Rohr.

I have been to two World Youth Championship in 2013 and 2015 but I didn’t get to play enough games. In 2013 I was probably too young while I had a terrible ankle injury in 2015 few days before the tournament.

Going to the World Cup with the Super Eagles is my goal for now, but the bigger goal is getting minutes during the tournament. We have a big squad now and competition for spot is fierce, but I’m confident in my God given abilities.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: MOSES SIMON: Rejected in Nigeria but Makes it in Belgium

Post by 9jaMan »

Oliseh really destroyed Nigerian football in the short time he was coach
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

9jaMan wrote:Oliseh really destroyed Nigerian football in the short time he was coach
Are you responding to issues in the article above or voices in your head?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

DIMKA76 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:Oliseh really destroyed Nigerian football in the short time he was coach
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

danfo driver wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

smartbrother wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
You guys are mad "slow" but if I were you I will be :rotf: :rotf: too
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

How? What has Oliseh got to do with the content of the article? If anything, Oliseh should be praised for giving the young man a chance to the Super-eagles which is confirmed by coach Rohr
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

DIMKA76 wrote:
No mind-am!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Odas wrote:
How? What has Oliseh got to do with the content of the article? If anything, Oliseh should be praised for giving the young man a chance to the Super-eagles which is confirmed by coach Rohr
Praise? Nigerians are forced to deal with a junk player like Simon and you want to praise Oliseh? The SE can do better than Simon. Forget sentiments we need to manage our emotions and focus on talented players that can make a difference.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

9jaMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
Praise? Nigerians are forced to deal with a junk player like Simon and you want to praise Oliseh? The SE can do better than Simon. Forget sentiments we need to manage our emotions and focus on talented players that can make a difference.
Junk player? Why did coach Rohr invite him after coach Oliseh is gone?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

It's making-it-rain time for Naija "journalists"... :lol:
Yesterday a hatchet job on Daddy Moses, today comes the flowery 'response'. Cha-ching!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
Moses Simon – From Begging Nigerian Teams For Trials To Making €1m Move To Gent In 18 Months
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/17/mo ... 18-months/
March 17, 2018010
And btw, today's story does not quite fit with the following...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=232809&p=3796949
Polly wrote:
NPFL clubs vie for teenage star 'Moses Daddy'
by George Akpayen 05 March 2013, 17:34

Little-known super talent, Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon is now a sought-after player by a number of top Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) clubs.

Supersport.com can report that former Federation Cup champions, Kaduna United were close to signing the youngster from his academy but due to imminent travel plans he will no longer be teaming up with the NPFL side.

The 17-year-old winger is back at the famed GBS Academy in Jos where he is one of the top football graduates.

Supersport.com can exclusively reveal that Simon has been watched by several European scouts and as recent as the past weekend by Dutch and French scouts.

Simon could well be the next talented winger from Nigeria in the mould Finidi George, Tijjani Babangida, Victor Moses and Ahmed Musa considering his pace and intelligence on and off the ball.

Only recently, Simon scored a hat-trick in a friendly game against a regional selection of NPFL players and his "football intelligence," according to GBS Academy manager, Ibrahim Ahmed, has earned him the nickname Cristiano Ronaldo as his style of play is often compared to that of the Real Madrid star.

"Moses is an exceptionally talented winger. It has been a long time since I saw an incredibly gifted, young player like Moses. He doesn't only have acceleration and great pace but he is also a special talent because of his football intelligence. He is just always doing something special, intimidating defenders and scoring fantastic goals.

"This boy is ready, he is a complete player and can play for any team in Europe. Everybody call him Ronaldo and there is a reason for that," Ahmed told supersport.com.

Ahmed, who has worked for over 20 years as a grassroots coach and also recently developed young players like Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow) and Ogenyi Onazi (Lazio), was hesitant to compare Simon to Ahmed Musa.

"I cannot compare the two players. They are two different players. Both are wingers and exceptionally gifted players. They are both very quick players and have a good eye for goal. These type of special players are only discovered once in maybe 10 years. I am not surprised with the interest he is generating from Europe.

"I have been contacted by lots of NPFL sides seeking to sign the player but as you can see for yourself, this young man is generating a lot of serious international interest and is scheduled to travel to Europe soon," said the GBS Academy manager.

Simon is excited to be attracting numerous interests at home and from abroad.

And the teenager is not hiding his ambition of playing for Spanish giants, Real Madrid in future.

"I am happy to be watched by these foreign people it shows they like me and my football skills. I have been playing football since the age of seven and I have always played as a winger. I hope that one day I will fulfil my dream and I can play for Real Madrid," said the 17-year-old.

Simon attracted all the attention during the Super 6 tournament in Kaduna recently.

He emerged as the tournament's most valuable player after putting up a spectacular performance and assisting in four of the five goals Kaduna United scored at the Super 6 tournament.

The teenage winger also put up an eye-catching performance with a fantastic goal in a friendly against Nasarawa United which they won 3-1.
http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... oses_Daddy
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

DIMKA76 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

9jaMan wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
You guys are mad "slow" but if I were you I will be :rotf: :rotf: too
Sitting on the fence :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Like joke, this boy could very well keep the mighty iwobi on the bench at the wc. If he does it it’ll be a tribute to his work ethic and commitment to team play defensively and in mf. It was just a yr ago that he had issues with his final ball and shooting, both have greatly improved.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:It's making-it-rain time for Naija "journalists"... :lol:
Yesterday a hatchet job on Daddy Moses, today comes the flowery 'response'. Cha-ching!

is he the same as Daddy Moses? Simon Daddy Moses, or Simon Moses aka "Daddy"?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

You forgot Ajala, Simon Daddy-Ajala Moses lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
One and the same... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
One and the same... :lol:

Ajala travul all over d world....
Ajala travul all over d world....
Ajala travul,
Ajala travul,
Ajala travul,
all over d world...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

The guy that was once sent back from trials because he was too young?? Wait - what if he's the guy ANS are going on about?