EFE AMBROSE- I DESERVE WORLD CUP CHANCE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EFE AMBROSE- I DESERVE WORLD CUP CHANCE

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:
john12 wrote:First of all, I am totally against any players getting a call up 2 months to World Cup that didn’t participate in the WCQ. However, the only exceptions are “EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS” and “Proven EXPERIENCED PLYRRS” please go and watch efe horrible defending in 2014 then ask yourself if h is a Proven talent
YoungJohn12, the wicked producer, stop spreading wicked lies!!!

Efe Ambrose played and scored for Nigeria during the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers.

[/video]

Whether he deserves a callup at the moment is another matter, but as has been very common here lately, loud noises are coming from hollow containers.
I don't get john12, his argument for including Musa would also apply to the likes of Ambrose...anyways, the bobo has served us well and is a hero for 2013 ANC trophy, but I don't think he deserves a place at this world cup.
maceo4, you and I both know that your comments are not based on Ambrose’s ability or on-field performance the last few seasons. Based strictly on productivity, he’s been our best defender and that’s not sentiment but fact :!:

Cheers.
Problem is those who are already are playing at a higher level than Efe and are regulars at their club. We have an experienced CD general in Balogun and Omeruo has WC experience so can’t say his experience is what’s lacking at CD. Then at RB we have Shehu doing well and Ebuehi snapping at his heels for a starting position, so we are good there. So where does Efe fit in? Who does he displace?
He could have been a very good utility squad player but we have able options in midfield and defence. And his club form has not helped.
True, but Shehu has already taken the utility role...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

aruako1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:
john12 wrote:First of all, I am totally against any players getting a call up 2 months to World Cup that didn’t participate in the WCQ. However, the only exceptions are “EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS” and “Proven EXPERIENCED PLYRRS” please go and watch efe horrible defending in 2014 then ask yourself if h is a Proven talent

[/video]

Whether he deserves a callup at the moment is another matter, but as has been very common here lately, loud noises are coming from hollow containers.
I don't get john12, his argument for including Musa would also apply to the likes of Ambrose...anyways, the bobo has served us well and is a hero for 2013 ANC trophy, but I don't think he deserves a place at this world cup.
maceo4, you and I both know that your comments are not based on Ambrose’s ability or on-field performance the last few seasons. Based strictly on productivity, he’s been our best defender and that’s not sentiment but fact :!:

Cheers.
Problem is those who are already are playing at a higher level than Efe and are regulars at their club. We have an experienced CD general in Balogun and Omeruo has WC experience so can’t say his experience is what’s lacking at CD. Then at RB we have Shehu doing well and Ebuehi snapping at his heels for a starting position, so we are good there. So where does Efe fit in? Who does he displace?
He could have been a very good utility squad player but we have able options in midfield and defence. And his club form has not helped.

His club form has actually been very good. Biggest problem for him is that he was frozen out at Celtic when Rohr took charge of the Super Eagles. So he was justifiably left out of the picture. And while he's performed quite admirably for Hibernians since the 2nd half of last season, others have stepped up in his stead to nail down roster spots. It also doesn't help that he's playing in Scotland as opposed to a higher rated league. However, I would rather have him than Stephen Eze as our 5th option at Centreback, at the present time, because Eze has a ways to go yet in his development.

All the same, it is Eze that has been called up after impressing at CHAN, so let's see if he can step up to the required level. After the duet of friendlies with Poland and Serbia, we can revisit/reevaluate our options at Centreback (in terms of depth).
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Cheers.
It B like say somebody doesn’t know the difference between World Cup qualifiers and ANC qualifiers ! The ANC qualifiers 9ja no qualify Ambrose him play. The World Cup qualifiers 9ja qualify Ambrose him no play but I am not putting 2 &2 together
Bros please, if you don’t know just ask, we had to play the opening round of WCQ because of how useless we had become, so yes he did score in our WCQs.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGO ... jm;mt;fp;1

So Oliseh can claim he coached 9ja during these successful qualifiers? Pre qualification for the qualication stage of the World Cup qualifiers is not playing the World Cup qualifiers.

How anybody could advocate for this bobos inclusion to our national team is mind blowing this guy cold even defend against Ethiopia or Guniea now you want to Man our defence against Argentina when he was messed up in the last World Cup and disgraced against a Barcelona
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Cheers.
It B like say somebody doesn’t know the difference between World Cup qualifiers and ANC qualifiers ! The ANC qualifiers 9ja no qualify Ambrose him play. The World Cup qualifiers 9ja qualify Ambrose him no play but I am not putting 2 &2 together
Bros please, if you don’t know just ask, we had to play the opening round of WCQ because of how useless we had become, so yes he did score in our WCQs.

So Oliseh can claim he coached 9ja during these successful qualifiers? Pre qualification for the qualication stage of the World Cup qualifiers is not playing the World Cup qualifiers.

How anybody could advocate for this bobos inclusion to our national team is mind blowing this guy cold even defend against Ethiopia or Guniea now you want to Man our defence against Argentina when he was messed up in the last World Cup and disgraced against a Barcelona
Bros, it’s all part of World Cup qualifying, haba let it go and stop overtrying. Doesn’t mean he should be on the SE, but you were wrong just let it go...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

john12 wrote:All these Shameless crooks, pimps, Agents here better return efe his money

I respect your motives in trying to make sure that undeserving players aren't 'smuggled' into the Super Eagles team at the eleventh hour. However, the issue here is about the depth of the World Cup squad. Right now, if any of our top four Centrebacks were to go down before the World Cup, there is absolutely no proven cover behind them.

Of course, we have Uche Agbo, who is a more natural midfielder, but Rohr has yet to play him in any capacity (leaving us to extrapolate how he might perform at Centreback from his less than convincing displays at his clubside when used as a CB). Then there is Stephen Eze who showed at both the WAFU Cup and the CHAN competition that he's still rough around the edges.

Until these guys are able to prove that they belong, fans are right to express concerns, suggest alternatives and discuss the merits and demerits of the suggested alternatives.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Fans have a right to suggest any players that they want in their team. It is funny that those who grumble the most here about agents never go to watch the team when they play.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Cheers.

Flex bros,

Dis your argument get as ee bee. So if dem beat a team for "pre qualification", dat team still go play qualifiers? Abeggiiii, forget dat argument. If Efe played in "pre qualification" or whatever, it is still the qualifiers. You can argue whether or not Efe deserves to be called up now but you cannot deny facts.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Whether he deserves a callup at the moment is another matter, but as has been very common here lately, loud noises are coming from hollow containers.[/quote]

I don't get john12, his argument for including Musa would also apply to the likes of Ambrose...anyways, the bobo has served us well and is a hero for 2013 ANC trophy, but I don't think he deserves a place at this world cup.[/quote]

Cheers.[/quote]

It B like say somebody doesn’t know the difference between World Cup qualifiers and ANC qualifiers ! The ANC qualifiers 9ja no qualify Ambrose him play. The World Cup qualifiers 9ja qualify Ambrose him no play but I am not putting 2 &2 together[/quote]

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGO ... jm;mt;fp;1[/quote]

How anybody could advocate for this bobos inclusion to our national team is mind blowing this guy cold even defend against Ethiopia or Guniea now you want to Man our defence against Argentina when he was messed up in the last World Cup and disgraced against a Barcelona[/quote]

Flex bros,

Dis your argument get as ee bee. So if dem beat a team for "pre qualification", dat team still go play qualifiers? Abeggiiii, forget dat argument. If Efe played in "pre qualification" or whatever, it is still the qualifiers. You can argue whether or not Efe deserves to be called up now but you cannot deny facts.[/quote]

I hear what you are saying but my argument is if a player plays pre qualification for the Champions league but the player did not play during the group stage of the competition can that player claim to have played in the champions league? I would so no. In my opinion the World Cup qualifiers is the group stage against Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon. the coach that navigated these waters was coach Rohr not Sunday Oliseh. But we are going to have agree to disagree on this one.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:Shameless man Ambrose. You had your chance now let others have their own chance. I’m happy that his opinion is futile and rohr wouldn’t consider him this year. Anyway, players need to respect themselves
Yet you want Bench Riders like Enyeama and Musa in SE :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:Crude my nyash. The man didn’t contribute anything whatsoever towards our WCQ but all of a sudden thinks that he is entitled to be recalled for the World Cup. That to me is Crude! Players should also respect others that participated at the Wcq.
There you go lying again as usual..........Efe played both legs against Swaziland :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2015/1 ... d/2116048/

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2015/1 ... a/2116047/
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Flex Swift wrote:This man was disgraced playing for Celtic v Barcelona by Messi and co. He has shown time with out number he cannot defend against the very best players in the world that is why Celtic got rid of him. Nigeria will be playing against Argentina at the World Cup and need defenders that can defend at a much higher level than the Scottish league.

Even if 9ja called Efe he should turn us down if he was patriotic ..... he needs to continue he club career and feed his family and not worry about the World Cup
In that case Chelsea should sell their back 5 then :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
I hear what you are saying but my argument is if a player plays pre qualification for the Champions league but the player did not play during the group stage of the competition can that player claim to have played in the champions league? I would so no. In my opinion the World Cup qualifiers is the group stage against Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon. the coach that navigated these waters was coach Rohr not Sunday Oliseh. But we are going to have agree to disagree on this one.
You are clearly not hearing what we are saying, and you are wrong, there's no agree to disagree when you are actually dead wrong! Like Enugu II said, we wouldn't have the Rohr games vs Zambia, Algeria, and Cameroon if we did not scale through the first round. So its clearly wrong to say players who played (and even scored) in the first round played 'no part' in our WCQ. Its pretty cut and dry...And you first said it was ANC Qualification, showing your complete ignorance, now you want to agree to disagree? Come on now...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
You are clearly not hearing what we are saying, and you are wrong, there's no agree to disagree when you are actually dead wrong! Like Enugu II said, we wouldn't have the Rohr games vs Zambia, Algeria, and Cameroon if we did not scale through the first round. So its clearly wrong to say players who played (and even scored) in the first round played 'no part' in our WCQ. Its pretty cut and dry...And you first said it was ANC Qualification, showing your complete ignorance, now you want to agree to disagree? Come on now...
All this one na lip service. Ambrose and the Crook will watch the world cup like every Ghanaian.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Don’t mind Flex Swift. Empty barrels make the loudest noise :!:

Cheers.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
I see what you are trying to do .you are trying to justify Efe’s inclusion by claiming he played and scored during the World Cup qualifiers. But go on Fifa’s Official website they don’t mention the Swaziland game as a qualifing game they only list Group B naming the teams. Also Simon Moses goal in the Swaziland game is not counted towards his overall tally. Finally the coach Rohl is listed as having successfully navigated the team in qualifing.

So if Efe was to return you have get Sunday Oliseh back and the chances of that happening are slim and none and none has left town :taunt:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Playing in the qualifying for WCQ IS not the same as playing in the actual WCQ.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

What are you guys going on about? FIFA counts every round of qualification as the preliminaries to the world cup tournament itself, and every game and goal counts for EVERY round:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/index.html
Super Eagus 4 Life!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

maceo4 wrote:What are you guys going on about? FIFA counts every round of qualification as the preliminaries to the world cup tournament itself, and every game and goal counts for EVERY round:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/index.html
You have time Bro.

Some people on here are just impossible. This is the one place where one is constantly reminded that many people are not interested in the truth, facts, or correct information. They are happy to stay firmly stuck in stupid

You have clearly said it has no bearing on whether he should be invited, but he played the qualifiers, yet the miners are still digging for nonexistent logic.

I'm learning to just state the facts, and move on.

Hopefully, a few people will benefit from it.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Flex Swift take style delete your comments.......................You can thank me later.

WCQ is different from CLQ
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:Playing in the qualifying for WCQ IS not the same as playing in the actual WCQ.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You just like to argue blindly.......................Kontinue.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

No matter how you twist or turn it the WCQ is the final 20 teams group of 5. By your logic, oliseh can claim that he is partially responsible for our WCQ. Anyway, all these ones I’m speaking is Swahili because mark my word EFE AMBROSE is not going to this World Cup. You agents, crooks, pimps and Oloshos better return his agency money. This year we have una time if una like label us various derogatory names or call us Wetin una like but mysterious players are not coming in this year
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:No matter how you twist or turn it the WCQ is the final 20 teams group of 5. By your logic, oliseh can claim that he is partially responsible for our WCQ. Anyway, all these ones I’m speaking is Swahili because mark my word EFE AMBROSE is not going to this World Cup. You agents, crooks, pimps and Oloshos better return his agency money. This year we have una time if una like label us various derogatory names or call us Wetin una like but mysterious players are not coming in this year
https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2015/1 ... a/2116047/
https://us.soccerway.com/international/ ... nd/r31500/
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminar ... index.html

WC QUALIFICATION AFRICA

MY GUY IT TAKES A BIGGER MAN TO ADMIT THAT YOU ARE WRONG..............HUMBLE YOURSELF FOR ONCE.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I am wrong sir but your if efe has paid you better return to his money