EFE AMBROSE- I DESERVE WORLD CUP CHANCE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
EFE AMBROSE- I DESERVE WORLD CUP CHANCE

Post by Obong »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/17/ef ... rnot-rohr/

Out of favour Super Eagles defender Efe Ambrose says he is confident he will improve the defence of the Super Eagles if given a chance by coach of the team Gernot Rohr.

Speaking to Owngoalnigeria.com after scoring for Scottish side Hibernian In their 1-1 draw against St. Johnstone in the Scottish Premier League, the former Kaduna United captain reached out to Eagles coach Rohr.

” It’s nice to be on the score sheet as a defender. However I am a team player so I’m not happy that we didn’t take all three points. The team towers above my personal ambition of scoring as a defender “, Ambrose told Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive interview.

With 30 league games under his belt this season, Ambrose has played more games than any Nigerian defender based abroad, and on the premises of his consistency this season, he has asked for a chance to prove himself to the Franco-German coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr.

” Like they say, never say never. I am still confident of getting a call up to the senior national team of Nigeria. I have represented Nigeria in the past, and it’s always a pleasure to put on the Super Eagles jersey.

” You won’t say I don’t deserve a chance to be given a fair assessment. All I’m asking for is a chance to show the coach the stuff I am made off. He knows me and am looking forward to hearing from him”, Ambrose concluded.

Michael James
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: EFE AMBROSE- I DESERVE WORLD CUP CHANCE

Post by john12 »

Shameless man Ambrose. You had your chance now let others have their own chance. I’m happy that his opinion is futile and rohr wouldn’t consider him this year. Anyway, players need to respect themselves
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Now, I am convinced that Ayo is "Michael James" or at the least, he works with "Michael James."

Several weeks ago, Ayo already recommended that Efe Ambrose be given a world cup chance.

Then Ayo started writing for owngoal.

Then we know "Michael James" has not been verified as a real person
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Shameless man Ambrose. You had your chance now let others have their own chance. I’m happy that his opinion is futile and rohr wouldn’t consider him this year. Anyway, players need to respect themselves
What is shameless about wanting to represent your country?
You decline an invitation - problem.
You say you want invitation - problem.

He has a right to aspire. What he does not have a right to is to expect to walk into the team if he is not good enough, which he is not. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:Shameless man Ambrose. You had your chance now let others have their own chance. I’m happy that his opinion is futile and rohr wouldn’t consider him this year. Anyway, players need to respect themselves

He has a right to aspire. What he does not have a right to is to expect to walk into the team if he is not good enough, which he is not. :idea:

Please tell them o. If u do not believe in yourself...I am sorry for you.
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Why are some of you so crude? How is wanting to play for your country shameless? Ambrose is still doing very very well and deserves a chance in the team
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You don't deserve anything.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Crude my nyash. The man didn’t contribute anything whatsoever towards our WCQ but all of a sudden thinks that he is entitled to be recalled for the World Cup. That to me is Crude! Players should also respect others that participated at the Wcq.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

john12 wrote:Crude my nyash. The man didn’t contribute anything whatsoever towards our WCQ but all of a sudden thinks that he is entitled to be recalled for the World Cup. That to me is Crude! Players should also respect others that participated at the Wcq.
Sometimes I try to make head of your reasoning process in the case of players callup, I am sorry to say,something is lacking.
First you ask for no callup of new players, Insisting only those that played the wcq. Is it possible for a player to be injured and lose form for while thus missing the wcq? Is it possible for players to get better or lose form?
Then you insist on only established ones. Which by the way Efe is.

I am in no way asking for Efe recall. I won't also deny him the freedom of yearning to represent a country he has represented a lot of times in the last few years.
Last edited by Cito on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

First of all, I am totally against any players getting a call up 2 months to World Cup that didn’t participate in the WCQ. However, the only exceptions are “EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS” and “Proven EXPERIENCED PLYRRS” please go and watch efe horrible defending in 2014 then ask yourself if h is a Proven talent
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

john12 wrote:First of all, I am totally against any players getting a call up 2 months to World Cup that didn’t participate in the WCQ. However, the only exceptions are “EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS” and “Proven EXPERIENCED PLYRRS” please go and watch efe horrible defending in 2014 then ask yourself if h is a Proven talent

Don't know why you people hate on that man so much. He is no more flat footed than Balogun. Abegii.. make we hear world.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:
john12 wrote:First of all, I am totally against any players getting a call up 2 months to World Cup that didn’t participate in the WCQ. However, the only exceptions are “EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS” and “Proven EXPERIENCED PLYRRS” please go and watch efe horrible defending in 2014 then ask yourself if h is a Proven talent

Don't know why you people hate on that man so much. He is no more flat footed than Balogun. Abegii.. make we hear world.
Ambrose is despised every time any sane thinking person remember what he did to the SE. He is the worst rightback we have ever had. If he was a woman, they'd call him Ashawo Efe, as his wing was like an expressway, allowing wingers to breeze past at will.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cito wrote:
john12 wrote:Crude my nyash. The man didn’t contribute anything whatsoever towards our WCQ but all of a sudden thinks that he is entitled to be recalled for the World Cup. That to me is Crude! Players should also respect others that participated at the Wcq.
Sometimes I try to make head of your reasoning process in the case of players callup, I am sorry to say,something is lacking.
First you ask for no callup of new players, Insisting only those that played the wcq. Is it possible for a player to be injured and lose form for while thus missing the wcq? Is it possible for players to get better or lose form?

I am in no way asking for Efe recall. I won't also deny him the freedom of yearning to represent a country he has represented a lot of times in the last few years.
It is nothing short of shameful that Efe who represented his country so well in the past is being insulted for daring to believe that he should be considered for the squad. And we moan when players reject us.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dude is the worst type of parody and I am glad he never stands a chance to play for us again. Imagine having Shehu, Aina, Ebuehi and Idowu... 4 solid options and this nonsense of a parody is opening his dirty mouth???!! Nonsense!

[/video]
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:

Ambrose is despised every time any sane thinking person remember what he did to the SE. He is the worst rightback we have ever had. If he was a woman, they'd call him Ashawo Efe, as his wing was like an expressway, allowing wingers to breeze past at will.
AFCON 2013 Team of the Tournament
Vincent Enyeama (Nigeria)
Bakary Koné (Burkina Faso)
Nando Maria Neves (Cape Verde Islands)
Efe Ambrose (Nigeria)
Jonathan Pitroipa (Burkina Faso)
Wakaso Mubarak (Ghana)
Seydou Keita (Mali)
John Obi Mikel (Nigeria)
Victor Moses (Nigeria)
Asamoah Gyan (Ghana)
Emmanuel Emenike (Nigeria)

http://www.kickoff.com/news/32774/2013- ... tournament
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

aruako1 wrote:
Cito wrote:

It is nothing short of shameful that Efe who represented his country so well in the past is being insulted for daring to believe that he should be considered for the squad. And we moan when players reject us.
Cito and auako1. KPOM!!! The selection of the final 23 players should be a continuous process based on fitness, current form, team chemistry, exceptional ability and uniqueness. Sentiments like not playing in qualifiers and playing badly in some games in the past should not factor in. With the reported approach to Germany based defender Jordan Tounrigha, it seems even Rohr has not foreclosed inviting new players nor is he blinded by a player having played in qualifiers. It makes the job of listing the initial 35 and the final 23 even more challenging. I don't envy Rohr.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Efe is a Nigerian hero......won AFCON 2013 for us.
At the end of the day it's still Mr. Rohr's decision if Efe is still good enough for the National team.

Nothing wrong in wanting to play for one's National team.......it is what we expect from all our players.
Last edited by zee on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Obong wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Cito wrote:

Cito and auako1. KPOM!!! The selection of the final 23 players should be a continuous process based on fitness, current form, team chemistry, exceptional ability and uniqueness. Sentiments like not playing in qualifiers and playing badly in some games in the past should not factor in. With the reported approach to Germany based defender Jordan Tounrigha, it seems even Rohr has not foreclosed inviting new players nor is he blinded by a player having played in qualifiers. It makes the job of listing the initial 35 and the final 23 even more challenging. I don't envy Rohr.
For the record I do not think Efe should be invited but he is entitled to believe in himself and seek selection.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:

Efe Ambrose (Nigeria)
Wakaso Mubarak (Ghana)
Seydou Keita (Mali)
John Obi Mikel (Nigeria)
Victor Moses (Nigeria)
Asamoah Gyan (Ghana)

I have a feeling that you think I give a di-di-ly dammmmn! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Couldnt careless. Ambrose and the Crook will never play for Nigeria again. mark my words. :D
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:

Oga Damunk, very well said, thx! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
Efe Ambrose (Nigeria)
Wakaso Mubarak (Ghana)
Seydou Keita (Mali)
John Obi Mikel (Nigeria)
Victor Moses (Nigeria)
Asamoah Gyan (Ghana)

I have a feeling that you think I give a di-di-ly dammmmn! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Couldnt careless. Ambrose and the Crook will never play for Nigeria again. mark my words. :D
Kai, bros-bros! Bros in action!! No retreat, no surrender :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Quick-quick, I am right behind you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

This man was disgraced playing for Celtic v Barcelona by Messi and co. He has shown time with out number he cannot defend against the very best players in the world that is why Celtic got rid of him. Nigeria will be playing against Argentina at the World Cup and need defenders that can defend at a much higher level than the Scottish league.

Even if 9ja called Efe he should turn us down if he was patriotic ..... he needs to continue he club career and feed his family and not worry about the World Cup
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
Efe Ambrose (Nigeria)
Wakaso Mubarak (Ghana)
Seydou Keita (Mali)
John Obi Mikel (Nigeria)
Victor Moses (Nigeria)
Asamoah Gyan (Ghana)

Kai, bros-bros! Bros in action!! No retreat, no surrender :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Quick-quick, I am right behind you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no mind them