Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1899
Bully12 just be patient. This is the first time Egypt is producing an internationally revered soccer player. We have produced some like Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Enyeama but their problem is consistency. None of them were consistent throughout their career that’s our issue. A player like Kanu had a great season in 1999 2000 but couldn’t replicate that performance ever again. My hope is that players like Iheanacho, ndidi or any future player can change it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44491
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Thank God Salah left Chelsea. Imagine if he were still at Chelsea, Match-fixer would have played him as a left back! :rotf: :rotf: Same way he took a winger, vic Moses, and made him a right back, thereby destroying Moses' forward ability. Did the same thing to Azpilicueta. Took a Right back and put him in a straitjacket and made him a CB. Now, Azpi cant even overlap anymore. smh



AT least he would still be playing football on the team. We all know where he would be under mr shyteonastick :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



They said the same thing about Mata and Lukaku. Unfortunately, reality doesnt fit some people's mental fantasies. :rotf: :rotf:

By the way, Did Albrighton make the England team? heard it was announced :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



Umm the reality is that your hero kicked him off the team. You cant effectively play shyteonastick football with the likes of Salah. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ps. have you found your heritage yet? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Thank God Salah left Chelsea. Imagine if he were still at Chelsea, Match-fixer would have played him as a left back! :rotf: :rotf: Same way he took a winger, vic Moses, and made him a right back, thereby destroying Moses' forward ability. Did the same thing to Azpilicueta. Took a Right back and put him in a straitjacket and made him a CB. Now, Azpi cant even overlap anymore. smh



AT least he would still be playing football on the team. We all know where he would be under mr shyteonastick :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



They said the same thing about Mata and Lukaku. Unfortunately, reality doesnt fit some people's mental fantasies. :rotf: :rotf:

By the way, Did Albrighton make the England team? heard it was announced :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



Umm the reality is that your hero kicked him off the team. You cant effectively play shyteonastick football with the likes of Salah. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ps. have you found your heritage yet? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Wah wah wah wah!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: is Albrighton going to be World Cup? :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2579
bully12 wrote:
I keep wondering will Nigeria ever have a player of this class ? In spite of our prodigious population of 180 million people and inordinate love for soccer the country has never come close to produce a player of this magnitude . What a shame,. Okacha, Kanu and Mikel most reverenced players in Nigeria were not even world class players


Okocha prime was even better, but the prime was short lived and not consistent. And at the wrong club.

Also George Finidi for a few years was without a doubt the best right winger in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2579
john12 wrote:
Bully12 just be patient. This is the first time Egypt is producing an internationally revered soccer player.


They did have Mohamed Aboutreika, who might have wasted his potential for international recognition by playing his entire career in Egypt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 22431
bully12 wrote:
I keep wondering will Nigeria ever have a player of this class ? In spite of our prodigious population of 180 million people and inordinate love for soccer the country has never come close to produce a player of this magnitude . What a shame,. Okacha, Kanu and Mikel most reverenced players in Nigeria were not even world class players


BS.....................Salah is a very NORMAL player that got lucky to have the Dean of the world council of coaches as his TEACHER & coach.
The moment he leaves the Dean, he will find his normal level......................I have seen the Kagawas, Sahins and Gotzes of the world that all looked and played world class under the Dean :thumbs: and return to their average levels the moment they left the Dean.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2579
Every African should be backing Liverpool. Klopp loves and respects his Africans and thats rare. Plus next season he will have all three of the best Africans at one club: Salah, Mane and Naby Keita. That will be a legendary side. Would love Ndidi to join Liverpool and feature next to Keita. That would be killer!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72768
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Thank God Salah left Chelsea. Imagine if he were still at Chelsea, Match-fixer would have played him as a left back! :rotf: :rotf: Same way he took a winger, vic Moses, and made him a right back, thereby destroying Moses' forward ability. Did the same thing to Azpilicueta. Took a Right back and put him in a straitjacket and made him a CB. Now, Azpi cant even overlap anymore. smh



AT least he would still be playing football on the team. We all know where he would be under mr shyteonastick :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


but..but...Chelsea won the league w/o Salah

2 titles in 4 years

or does that narrative NOT fit the agenda?

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9230
YUJAM wrote:
Salah is having a breakout season. The interesting thing about the guy is he's never stood out in the African game as much as he's doing for Pool right now. He looks superb at the moment. The question
is whether he can do it consistently


Do you even watch Egypt games? He has been a standout player since Shehata's last days as coach. He scored 5 of our 8 goals in WCQ. He doesn't get as many chances for Egypt as with Liverpool because his club has way better players and is an attacking team whereas Egypt is a bus-parking team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72768
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


awwww bless you

still hurting from last Saturday.

pocketed by a makeshift over-the-hill LB



_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28332
Ashley Young, a Manchester United heritage!

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Posts: 24631
Location: Copacabana
Mo Salah, an Ashley Young heritage! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES - Fly Above the Storm!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44025
Heliopolis wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
Salah is having a breakout season. The interesting thing about the guy is he's never stood out in the African game as much as he's doing for Pool right now. He looks superb at the moment. The question
is whether he can do it consistently


Do you even watch Egypt games? He has been a standout player since Shehata's last days as coach. He scored 5 of our 8 goals in WCQ. He doesn't get as many chances for Egypt as with Liverpool because his club has way better players and is an attacking team whereas Egypt is a bus-parking team.


At least one of them was a PK. But point is he is not as dominant in African soccer as he is in Europe

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72768
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
YemiBrazil wrote:
Mo Salah, an Ashley Young heritage! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Posts: 86
YUJAM wrote:
At least one of them was a PK. But point is he is not as dominant in African soccer as he is in Europe

Salah has 32 goals in 56 caps. He was unlucky to join the NT set up during the transitional period where we didn't qualify for 3 ACN in a row (2 were back to back so slightly inflated).

If he keeps up his scoring rate internationally, he'll outscore Eto'o and quite possibly Drogba - despite not being an out-and-out striker and not playing as close to goal for Egypt as he does for Liverpool. He plays a role more similar to how he was used at Roma and still scores.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Posts: 86
Heliopolis wrote:
He's Egypt's only goal scoring threat and there will be times at the WC he won't get much service since we'll be parking the bus

Cuper is to blame for that. Consistently starting garbage like Marwan Mohsen and Amr Gamal when there are better options. Not giving players who can actually create from deep like Saleh Gomaa a proper chance over Tarek Hamed who offers fuk all. You know he'll continue to start Abdullah El-Said when he hasn't even been half the player Amr Warda has been this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44025
Fair point. His goal scoring ratio is comparable to the greats such as Yekini but his recirdbyhis season with Pool is off the charts. He's never been even half this good b


kastro11 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
At least one of them was a PK. But point is he is not as dominant in African soccer as he is in Europe

Salah has 32 goals in 56 caps. He was unlucky to join the NT set up during the transitional period where we didn't qualify for 3 ACN in a row (2 were back to back so slightly inflated).

If he keeps up his scoring rate internationally, he'll outscore Eto'o and quite possibly Drogba - despite not being an out-and-out striker and not playing as close to goal for Egypt as he does for Liverpool. He plays a role more similar to how he was used at Roma and still scores.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
I think what I find most interesting is that Salah has played in Egypt, Switzerland and Italy and he could not do half as much damage there, as he has done in England. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Mo Salah, an Ashley Young heritage! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28332
"Do you know what is also heritage?

"When I arrived in Real Madrid, do you know how many players had played in the quarter-final of the Champions League? Xabi Alonso with Liverpool, Iker Casillas with Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo with Manchester United. All the others not even a quarter-final. That's football heritage.

Ashley Young. A Manchester United heritage :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72768
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
txj wrote:
"Do you know what is also heritage?

"When I arrived in Real Madrid, do you know how many players had played in the quarter-final of the Champions League? Xabi Alonso with Liverpool, Iker Casillas with Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo with Manchester United. All the others not even a quarter-final. That's football heritage.

Ashley Young. A Manchester United heritage :clap: :clap: :clap:


he made you disappear from CE for 3 days

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28332
tfco wrote:
txj wrote:
"Do you know what is also heritage?

"When I arrived in Real Madrid, do you know how many players had played in the quarter-final of the Champions League? Xabi Alonso with Liverpool, Iker Casillas with Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo with Manchester United. All the others not even a quarter-final. That's football heritage.

Ashley Young. A Manchester United heritage :clap: :clap: :clap:


he made you disappear from CE for 3 days



3 days for you to celebrate your EPL title win :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72768
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
txj wrote:
tfco wrote:
txj wrote:
"Do you know what is also heritage?

"When I arrived in Real Madrid, do you know how many players had played in the quarter-final of the Champions League? Xabi Alonso with Liverpool, Iker Casillas with Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo with Manchester United. All the others not even a quarter-final. That's football heritage.

Ashley Young. A Manchester United heritage :clap: :clap: :clap:


he made you disappear from CE for 3 days



3 days for you to celebrate your EPL title win :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


..a win over Liverpool is always cause for celebration

don't quite remember when you guys beat United in the league

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adisboy, Google [Bot], mystic and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group