MFM IN HELL VS MC ALGIERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
MFM IN HELL VS MC ALGIERS

Post by anointed »

Losing 6-0 at the moment. 7-2 agg so far. Nasty firt time experience on the continent.

What was our worst loss on the continent in club tourneys?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MFM IN HELL VS MC ALGIERS

Post by 1naija »

anointed wrote:Losing 6-0 at the moment. 7-2 agg so far. Nasty firt time experience on the continent.

What was our worst loss on the continent in club tourneys?
With the best goalkeeper in the NPFL?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

It's what they deserve.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

mystic wrote:It's what they deserve.
How so?
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Final score?
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

1naija wrote:
mystic wrote:It's what they deserve.
How so?

They arrived 24 hours before the match.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

This team was a real amateur side that punched above their weight

The goal keeper was a basket.

[/video]
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I remember enyimba losing 6 1 to Ismailia of Egypt in 2003 only to end up winning the same tournament that year
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Some of those goals though. SMDH
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Robotnik wrote:

But people were crucifying Rohr for not inviting him to fight for the SE WC squad. In fact truetalk insinuated he is better than Ezenwa, Akpeyi and Uzoho.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:
Robotnik wrote:

But people were crucifying Rohr for not inviting him to fight for the SE WC squad. In fact truetalk insinuated he is better than Ezenwa, Akpeyi and Uzoho.
:rotf: CE is full of hot headed fans that can sit at home claiming they are experts let them have their opinions its not important!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote:
Robotnik wrote:

1naija,

You seem to take seriously the frequent claim here that the best local players are not selected for the CHAN. Always take that with a grain of salt. Who has definitive knowledge of the so-called BEST PLAYERS? The BEST PLAYERS are simply those that the coach dims to be the best for his team period.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The writing was on the wall. The team didn't make any major signings. They actually lost their best striker Odey.

The team is still relatively young, the goal for now should be avoiding relegation. We have to slowly grow the club. Privately owned club.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:The writing was on the wall. The team didn't make any major signings. They actually lost their best striker Odey.

The team is still relatively young, the goal for now should be avoiding relegation. We have to slowly grow the club. Privately owned club.

The team signed only one significant player (Jonathan Zikiye) because they do not have the financial resources that other clubs in the NPFL have. In my view, they did well to win the home tie, but my beef with them is that they didn't give themselves a chance by arriving in Algeria barely 24 hours before the match. The club has got to stop operating like a 'Mickey Mouse' outfit. With better planning, logistics and preparation, they would have given a better account of themselves, instead of looking like a bunch of amateurs.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

And Plateau United just joined them losing 4-3 on aggregate.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Good experience, do they now go to the Confederation cup playoff round?

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ohenhen1 wrote:Good experience, do they now go to the Confederation cup playoff round?
Yes, same with Plateau United and they join Akwa and Enyimba who both qualified.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Plateau, Akwa, MFM and Enyimba are through to the CAFCC playoff stage.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:
Robotnik wrote:

1naija,

You seem to take seriously the frequent claim here that the best local players are not selected for the CHAN. Always take that with a grain of salt. Who has definitive knowledge of the so-called BEST PLAYERS? The BEST PLAYERS are simply those that the coach dims to be the best for his team period.
EII, but it's truetalk, our foremost expert on superb goalkeepers that none of the National team coaches know about, that said so. Are you saying we should consider him as someone that "him head no dey house" anytime he says such things again? :D
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mystic wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The writing was on the wall. The team didn't make any major signings. They actually lost their best striker Odey.

The team signed only one significant player (Jonathan Zikiye) because they do not have the financial resources that other clubs in the NPFL have. In my view, they did well to win the home tie, but my beef with them is that they didn't give themselves a chance by arriving in Algeria barely 24 hours before the match. The club has got to stop operating like a 'Mickey Mouse' outfit. With better planning, logistics and preparation, they would have given a better account of themselves, instead of looking like a bunch of amateurs.
Oh dear, Ohenhen private sector entity dey behave worse than govt owned clubs
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

ohenhen1 wrote:Plateau, Akwa, MFM and Enyimba are through to the CAFCC playoff stage.

You would think having 4 teams in this competition would increase our chances of going far.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

fabio wrote:
mystic wrote:

Oh dear, Ohenhen private sector entity dey behave worse than govt owned clubs
Growing pains, we learn from our experiences.

MFM FC is a privately owned club, that earn their salaries.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Growing pains, we learn from our experiences.

MFM FC is a privately owned club, that earn their salaries.
Kpele! Why don't they learn from the public sector best practice or their mistakes, rather than inventing the wheel!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim