Poland vs Nigeria (0-1) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poland vs Nigeria (0-0) HT

Post by deanotito »

Curve whiz wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Seriously Musa should never wear the jersey again!! That was a chance to kill it off!!
Why??? Because he did not score with the ball passed behind him???
Agents!!! #SMH :boo:
Some people are so eager to prove their views on Musa that they would latch on to anything ridiculous. Blaming him for that is just plain crazy
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

tmex12 wrote:
oloye wrote:
soma wrote:
can04 wrote:so, our defending of set pieces has to improve significantly.
a viable alternative to JMO needs to be found tactically or in the form of an individual who can approximate his ability to set tempo for us and impose some semblance of control.
then there is the iheanacho conundrum: where to play him?
Iheanacho should be a bench player. He looked totally lost out there today.
What happened to his U17 form?
Unfortunately for him he has not had a good run of games. He just looked off. Lots of hustle but bad first touches and decision making.
Iwobi I still have some hopes for. Iheanacho worries me. There is a fine player in there, but lack of form/guidance/confidence or something else is holding him back.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poland vs Nigeria (0-1) FT

Post by platinum »

Goalgetter wrote:We need Oba Martins in that attack. Ighalo doesn’t cut it for me. We’re going no where with a non-scoring striker.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Check calendar, the year is not 2002
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Iheanacho always seems to play on an entirely different level the moment he scores / assists... Like two different players...
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Ndidi, and Ekong for MOTM. Joel did a lot of good things, I think we ought to try him in that Mikel role, with Onazi and Ndidi behind. Idowu was shaky, but like someone observed, didn't get a lot of help from the man upfront.
I think this team, still needs a winger. Onyekuru Henry, will still make this team if given the opportunity. Umar's door isn't closed as well. Those two especially should be invited. Joel Obi's case shows, why we shouldn't be close minded.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Kelechi right now is a finisher: a specialty player/ luxury player. Throw him in when chasing a game or to provide fresh legs for CF when leading late in the second half. His game isn't polished enough to be a starter for us at CF... and Rohr prefers to start 1 striker.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

okidoki wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
soma wrote:
can04 wrote:so, our defending of set pieces has to improve significantly.
a viable alternative to JMO needs to be found tactically or in the form of an individual who can approximate his ability to set tempo for us and impose some semblance of control.
then there is the iheanacho conundrum: where to play him?

Iheanacho should be a bench player. He looked totally lost out there today.
What happened to his U17 form?
cheii!! Wicked! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kele has performed everywhere he's been since the u-17. Truth is, his biggest Achilles hill is holding the ball up, and his control. However talking of intelligence, no Nigerian footballer that plays the striking role even comes close.
That is his cross, to carry. When he gets it right, he will have elevated his game. Its laughable questioning a 21 year old, that already has about 10, international goals. Plenty of time, to work on his game.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ... and to think that all his critics have to do is sit in front of tv’s with smelly cigars and push the remote control buttons :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :!:

Cheers.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

My final thoughts. Not an exciting performance, but pleasingly mature. The boys demonstrated know-how and sentenced the commentators’ favourite word “naive” to life imprisonment. Glad Uzoho recovered from his first half jitters, but I still think it’s too soon to crown him our saving king just yet. But boy, how we still need Mikel! He is surely our glue that brings it all together. I fail to see what Idowu did to deserve some of the criticism he’s received here. Overall, a decent team performance with much to build on. Well done lads. Let’s see more progress on Tuesday please.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Great game and great result. Rohr is building a machine and by the time everyone has perfected their role, we will be a very hard team to beat.

He has focused his efforts on building the team from the back, making us very compact and hard to break down. Ighalo is the arrow head and in spite of his performance today, Rohr will play him 10 out of 10 times. His job is to press from the front, hold the ball up and allow quick attacking play to build from the flanks. The only things is, I wouldn't play him and Nacho at the same time. For now Alex and Nacho should both start from the bench and come on in tandem, to destroy teams in the 2nd half.

We need to work a bit on our set play marking, and the m/f need to learn to make runs into space immediately Balogin and Ekong get the ball to allow them to play the ball out instead of hoofing it forward.

Roll on Serbia
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Result not as important as the overall performance which on the whole was good. In the early part of the game the Poles played counter attack yet they were the home team. They were very dangerous from set plays while we wasted ours. Need to practice. Joel had a good game and the Pole resulted to fouling in order to break up play.

I didn't see any dead wood out there today or wastepipes all our players today are heroes our. Keeper in his second cap kept a clean sheet. Akpeyi is yet to keep a single clean sheet since playing for us. He must let in a goal.credit must be given to the Coaching crew and the NFF.

This is the second game we have won without M Obi we still have Etebo to come back. Rohlr is still looking at striking options

I loved out football kit that green was on point.

Will be Watching Our next Game live
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:
paj wrote:....Any Bredas in this thread? :taunt:

No. All prepping for ANC.
obsessed

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohsee wrote:Chei! This game sweet me well-well. E sweet me that an African team went to their home and beat them. Very sweet. :thumbs:
The Poles are probably not going to be able to sleep tonight. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goalgetter wrote:We need Oba Martins in that attack. Ighalo doesn’t cut it for me. We’re going no where with a non-scoring striker.
Yes, thank you. I rather go nowhere and beat Argentina and Poland.

You can form your won team and select Martins.

Let me make it crystal clear, your client will NOT be going to the world cup. Inugo? :taunt: :taunt:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Check calendar, the year is not 2002
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Some people will not rest until they see the SE destroyed.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:Kelechi right now is a finisher: a specialty player/ luxury player. Throw him in when chasing a game or to provide fresh legs for CF when leading late in the second half. His game isn't polished enough to be a starter for us at CF... and Rohr prefers to start 1 striker.
Kelechi's qualities are that of a CF, as you stated. Any other role, and you are just punishing him and the team. He is very intelligent and with delivery from the midfield, he will score.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:
I love Coach Rohr mehn... :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The schizophrenic behavior on this thread na wa ... one minute Uzo is an abomination and the next minute he is the messiah that’s been promised .... mad people :taunt: :taunt:

As for Iheanacho less said the better :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

GK:

Uzoho played well. He looks like he has potential. Good save to deny Lewandowski who was clean through 1 on 1. Lewa does not fail to score in many of those situations. Shaky start but got more confident as the game went on. Still a WIP though.

Defence: Ekong was immense. Played very well. Balogun looks a bit leaden footed and devoid of pace at times. Shehu battled but his positioning is poor. Ebuehi may be a better option at RB.

Midfield: Good battling by Joel Obi and Ndidi. Joel is a good player and I enjoyed the fact that he was not averse to putting in a few leg "reducer" tackles. However will his body hold up?

Attack: toothless and disjointed. Awful play in the final third.. Very fortunate to win with a dodgy phantom penalty.

Some dodgy game management by Victor Moses when Nigeria got a corner in the last minute. In that situation - play a short corner and keep the ball in the corner. Why on earth did he float in a harmless corner into the Poland 6 yard box to give their GK catching practice and the opportunity to get the ball upfield and attack?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

GK:

Uzoho played well. He looks like he has potential. Good save to deny Lewandowski who was clean through 1 on 1. Lewa does not fail to score in many of those situations. Shaky start but got more confident as the game went on. Still a WIP though.

Defence: Ekong was immense. Played very well. Balogun looks a bit leaden footed and devoid of pace at times. Shehu battled but his positioning is poor. Ebuehi may be a better option at RB.

Midfield: Good battling by Joel Obi and Ndidi. Joel is a good player and I enjoyed the fact that he was not averse to putting in a few leg "reducer" tackles. However will his body hold up?

Attack: toothless and disjointed. Awful play in the final third.. Very fortunate to win with a dodgy phantom penalty.

Some dodgy game management by Victor Moses when Nigeria got a corner in the last minute. In that situation - play a short corner and keep the ball in the corner. Why on earth did he float in a harmless corner into the Poland 6 yard box to give their GK catching practice and the opportunity to get the ball upfield and attack?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Nigeria need Henry....
which Henry...Nwosu?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

deanotito wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Seriously Musa should never wear the jersey again!! That was a chance to kill it off!!
Why??? Because he did not score with the ball passed behind him???
Agents!!! #SMH :boo:
Some people are so eager to prove their views on Musa that they would latch on to anything ridiculous. Blaming him for that is just plain crazy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I tire o
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley